PDA

View Full Version : will we see Natacha Gachnang cousin of Sebastien Buemi in f1 one day

CNR
29th May 2009, 00:01
http://paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=110504&newlang=&topic=38&catid=104

This week, Natacha Gachnang is again breaking new ground as the first female to participate in the newly launched 2009 FIA Formula Two championship which will feature 24 identical cars designed by the Williams F1 team and has been created to be the ultimate feeder category to Formula One.

Natacha Gachnang was born in Vevey, Switzerland on 27 October 1987. Her hobbies are climbing, helicopter skiing and shopping. She has been very successful so far in her young career and believes that, "you must have racing in your blood to be any good." Not only did Natacha’s grandfather Georges race in the Le Mans 24 Hours race in 1960, but she is also a cousin of Sebastien Buemi, who races in F1 with Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Natacha began racing competitively in karting in 1996 and by 2001 won enough races to become the Go Kart Swiss Champion. She has now some eight years of karting experience and four years of experience in international single seater racing. Whether Formula BMW (where she finished sixth overall in 2005 with several podiums), to Formula 3 Germany and Formula 3 Euroseries in 2006. Natacha represented her country in A1 GP and after a test at Silversone, she was appointed the rookie for the A1 Team Switzerland in the second A1 GP race of the season in Brno in 2006.

Wasted Talent
29th May 2009, 00:15
Wouldn't be too bad.......!!!!

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9081219.011/female-f2-driver-natacha-gachnang-is-buemis-cousin

WT

ioan
29th May 2009, 00:36
Well she would be the first F1 driver who uses a rear-view mirror to check the make-up! :D

http://img.worldcarfans.com/2008/12/large/natacha-gachnang_16.jpg

Sleeper
29th May 2009, 00:48
In all seriousness, I doubt it. So far testing form hasnt shown her to be a front runner in F2 and this series doesnt have the best of the up and commers, they all went to GP2 and Renault 3.5.

V12
29th May 2009, 09:40
I don't think we'll be seeing *anyone* from Formula Palmer Audi+....oops sorry I mean "Formula 2" :laugh: in F1 any time soon. No disrespect to any of the slightly more talented drivers in the field this year but that whole series is a joke and represents everything that is wrong with modern motorsport.

Sonic
29th May 2009, 11:07
In a word. No. You may quote me. :p

As for F2 as a whole. Mmmmmm I wonder whose going to win? A series run by Mr J palmer. Oh and look the entry list is headed by.....oh yes a Mr J Palmer. Funny that.

We do not need yet another side step on the motorsports ladder!

555-04Q2
29th May 2009, 14:49
Hopefully not...

V12
29th May 2009, 16:36
As for F2 as a whole. Mmmmmm I wonder whose going to win? A series run by Mr J palmer. Oh and look the entry list is headed by.....oh yes a Mr J Palmer. Funny that.

Your comment was probably tongue-in-cheek, but even my overly cynical mind can't see that one playing out, maybe if Palmer Jr was half decent and going to be near the front anyway it would be semi-plausible.

But the overriding point, which maybe you were alluding do, is that a centrally prepared series such as this, it's bad enough when its run at club-level like FPA but for a series styling itself as the top level below F1, well that is the joke I was referring to in my last post. It goes against all the tenets of open competition that any sport should be about.

All done in the seemingly honourable twin-aims of driver equality and cost containment, but the system of independently-operating racing teams has worked since year-dot, and has survived many a global recession worse than this one. So why f' with it?

gloomyDAY
29th May 2009, 17:17
Carmen Jorda is better...

At least in terms of looks!

Sonic
29th May 2009, 17:20
Your comment was probably tongue-in-cheek, but even my overly cynical mind can't see that one playing out, maybe if Palmer Jr was half decent and going to be near the front anyway it would be semi-plausible.

But the overriding point, which maybe you were alluding do, is that a centrally prepared series such as this, it's bad enough when its run at club-level like FPA but for a series styling itself as the top level below F1, well that is the joke I was referring to in my last post. It goes against all the tenets of open competition that any sport should be about.

All done in the seemingly honourable twin-aims of driver equality and cost containment, but the system of independently-operating racing teams has worked since year-dot, and has survived many a global recession worse than this one. So why f' with it?

Yes tongue firmly in cheek, but yes I agree with your general theory, and its why things like FPA, F2 will remain homes for the dregs of motorsport tallent and a few tallented under funded pedalers.

Sonic
30th May 2009, 18:00
So tongue in cheek was I that little Palmer trailed home bog last!

AndyL
30th May 2009, 23:42
So tongue in cheek was I that little Palmer trailed home bog last!

Beaten by the sons of John Surtees, Martin Brundle and Julian Bailey, and (to get things back on topic :) ) the cousin of Sebastian Buemi... F2 has really taken over from FPA as "Formula nepotism" hasn't it.

V12
31st May 2009, 03:20
I just have an issue with any series where the drivers are decided centrally. There should be competing teams who decide who will do the best job for them and take it from there.

Oh and F2 hasn't taken over from FPA in anything..... F2 is FPA. To be honest it disgusts me how the series promoters try and promote some sort of link between the 1967-1984 era..that was TOTALLY different. If anything current GP2, for all its failings, has more of a link (via International F3000) with proper F2 than this farce.

Malbec
31st May 2009, 15:37
Oh and F2 hasn't taken over from FPA in anything..... F2 is FPA. To be honest it disgusts me how the series promoters try and promote some sort of link between the 1967-1984 era..that was TOTALLY different. If anything current GP2, for all its failings, has more of a link (via International F3000) with proper F2 than this farce.

To be fair F2 is a considerable improvement on FPA which usually boasted a number of 30-something rich businessmen wanting to race and a smattering of young no-hopers. At least F2 has a set of drivers who have been competitive in other single seat series.

Whilst I agree that F2 is never going to seriously threaten GP2 etc etc I'm intrigued by the number of former racers sons involved, Surtees snr for example is extremely intelligent and perceptive, I doubt he'd put his son in a formula if he didn't think it would lead to somewhere.

AndyL
31st May 2009, 17:46
Whilst I agree that F2 is never going to seriously threaten GP2 etc etc I'm intrigued by the number of former racers sons involved, Surtees snr for example is extremely intelligent and perceptive, I doubt he'd put his son in a formula if he didn't think it would lead to somewhere.

Brundle Jr and Palmer Jr were both in FPA, Surtees Jr has moved over from Formula Renault.

MrJan
31st May 2009, 20:51
I would mind seeing a female driver in F1, its long overdue IMO :)

Treu, but unfortunately the few women who get into a reasonable level of motorsport (Legge, Patrick etc.) are seldom quick enough to even bolster the grid. As for Ms Gachnang, well she's a whole site hotter than Danica but at almost 22 she's probably left it too late :eek:

Sonic
1st June 2009, 11:23
When a driver of any gender is good enough to earn a seat in f1 I'll welcome them with open arms, but right now I see no female drivers in any series who could earn a seat on merit

ShiftingGears
1st June 2009, 12:54
When a driver of any gender is good enough to earn a seat in f1 I'll welcome them with open arms, but right now I see no female drivers in any series who could earn a seat on merit

Yep.