PDA

View Full Version : No Maxtreme for Oulton

VkmSpouge
27th May 2009, 21:39
Apparently their engine tuners have refused to give them back their engines after a dispute between the engine tuner and BTC Racing who owned the cars last year.

http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1468

If Maxtreme's side of the story is true it sounds like they are the unfortunate victims of a dispute that has little to do with them. I wonder if it is anymore complex than they make it out to be?

PDS
28th May 2009, 00:19
Yes the story is true, and yes it is a lot more complex!

Anyway, things have happened since the story broke. It is looking promising for them at Croft.

Lets hope they can run with a 16v engine and show exactly what they can do..

LiamM
28th May 2009, 14:41
They are starting to drop like flies!

Nick Leason not be there this weekend
http://www.crash.net/BTCC/News/147523/1/afm_to_miss_oulton_possibly_more.html

VkmSpouge
28th May 2009, 18:44
Though considering we gained James Nash, it means only a net loss of one. Hopefully McMillan and Hughes will be back for Croft and Leason back sometime after.

BTCC2
12th June 2009, 12:30
He will be missing from Croft aswell http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1512 as will Nick Leason and Jason Hughes.

Dave B
12th June 2009, 17:07
There needs to be a hefty penalty for teams who dip in and out of the series for anything other than force majeure. It's not a bloody gentlemans' club, it's supposed to be a professional racing series.

mattie007
12th June 2009, 18:43
Agreed. I was hoping the MG would show up this season but its all gone quiet.

christophulus
12th June 2009, 21:39
Hopefully with the new regs there's going to be a more serious commitment from teams. Although in some of these cases they'd be better saving up their cash and looking towards buying a new car for next year rather than a half-baked attempt at this season - the MG and Integras will be obsolete soon anyway.

Allyc85
12th June 2009, 23:03
lol Tell them at a pitlane walkabout that their efforts are half-baked..

Maxtremes attempts cant exactly be helped, its nothing to do with them and Jasons been injured for most of the year. Its not like the BTCC is struggling for numbers so I dont see why its something to worry about.

BTCC2
13th June 2009, 20:42
There needs to be a hefty penalty for teams who dip in and out of the series for anything other than force majeure. It's not a bloody gentlemans' club, it's supposed to be a professional racing series.

I think Maxtreme and Team KWR have reasonable excuses so far, however I would have to agree that the Nick Leason situation puzzles me, if the car or the driver isn't competetive then don't bloody enter, this is the pinnacle of British motorsport!

thetrooper_uk
24th June 2009, 11:04
I do feel for Liam as he has been struck with dealing with the bloody French and we know how temperamental they can be. It's a bad show that BTC Racing have passed this onto the Maxtreme team and then not stepped up to the mark to sort it out.
As for the BMW 120d it's been crap since it first arrived on the scene and it's never gonna be a fast touring car so it's better to get shot of it and get something that can actually race competitively.