PDA

View Full Version : FOTA Teams that have lodging an entry to the 2010 world championship

CNR
25th May 2009, 14:28
first team
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jgBd-npBLNZkmJ07YPObmgVjeOqQ

Williams on Monday broke ranks with the rest of the Formula One Teams Association (FOTA) by lodging an entry to the 2010 world championship.
Less than 24 hours after joining the other nine teams in writing to Max Mosley, president of the FIA, the sports ruling body, to urge him to scrap his controversial 2010 budget-cap plans, Williams said they had to comply with a binding F1 contract.
Their announcement once again called into question the unity of the teams as, led by Ferrari and Toyota, they continued their fight to block the 2010 plans and to negotiate for a compromise settlement on cost-cutting.
It also added a new twist to the ongoing crisis in Formula One as Friday's deadline for 2010 entries looms - with the prospect of the sport being transformed from its current high-cost luxury status into a lower-cost and more accessible series.
Williams chief executive Adam Parr said: "We believe FOTA has extracted some very significant concessions from the FIA.

ioan
25th May 2009, 15:00
Nothing unexpected. They are in debt and Bernie is giving them money to survive so they can only go with him.

CNR
26th May 2009, 23:35
http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3261_5349977,00.html
FOTA versus FIA: Ding Ding Round 3

he looked rattled when Ted Kravitz bowled into him at the Monaco Grand Prix. Emerging into the welcoming arms of the media on Sunday he seemed keen to get over the idea that although he was prepared to delay the $60/£40m budget cap until 2011, that was still going ahead.

Little did we suspect that he would get a letter from FOTA later that day - just before the race in fact - that outlined quite clearly that they weren't even considering that.

The letter, signed by all teams demanded that the FIA ditches the planned 2010 technical and sporting regulations and reverts to the current 2009 version. This would then be used as the starting point for framing new regulations to bring costs under control - with agreed changes like a refueling ban still expected to go ahead.

gloomyDAY
27th May 2009, 15:02
McLaren have taken the role of peacemaker (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75640)....?

I wonder who they are going to back stab.

Bagwan
27th May 2009, 16:34
McLaren have taken the role of peacemaker (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75640)....?

It seems to me that it is the fine line that those on probation , whilst still wanting to be FOTA members , have to walk .

And , they would be fools to not try to take on that role , as it would go a long way to fixing a very damaged reputation if they can manage to get the two sides together .

They have not signed up .

CNR
29th May 2009, 14:31
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=329897&FS=F1
Three more teams lodge 2010 entries

F1's potential entry list for 2010 swelled to five names on Friday, even if nine of the current teams are yet to lodge their paperwork by the midnight deadline.
USF1, Campos and former champions Williams had submitted their entries prior to May 29, which is the last day of the FIA's one-week registration window for next year.
By mid afternoon on Friday, three more teams - all new ones - confirmed they have signed up: Lola, Prodrive (http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=329897&FS=F1#) and British F3 outfit Litespeed, whose bid is supported by the well-known engineer Mike Gascoyne.
Litespeed boss Nino Judge also said he, like Team USF1, has paid the deposit for a supply of Cosworth's new 2010 customer engine.

Knock-on
29th May 2009, 15:27
I can't remember what the maximum is; 24 or 26 cars?

At the moment, we have 15 teams if the 9 that haven't resigned join the 6 that have lodged enteries.

30 cars will mean qualifying won't it? Have we got space for 15 teams at all venues (Monaco?)

V12
29th May 2009, 16:27

At the moment, we have 15 teams if the 9 that haven't resigned join the 6 that have lodged enteries.

30 cars will mean qualifying won't it? Have we got space for 15 teams at all venues (Monaco?)

It did as recently as 1992. Of course the rationale goes that since then with teams expanding in terms of the personnel and equipment they bring to races, that makes less space for each individual team, but with spare cars banned and whatever cost cutting measures come in meaning teams will likely have to slim down their operations, I would like to think this would free up the space for that many teams to compete again, but we'll see.

Bernie probably thinks he's being generous upping the limit from 12/24 to 13/26 for 2010 (that answers your first question :) )

Bagwan
29th May 2009, 18:46

That's it , Knocky !

You just figured out how to limit the teams at races , not by limitting the money , but by limtting the space they get at the GP .

One garage - two cars - no room for a room of laptops , gas chromatography , and ice cream machines .

ioan
29th May 2009, 21:24
That's it , Knocky !

You just figured out how to limit the teams at races , not by limitting the money , but by limtting the space they get at the GP .

One garage - two cars - no room for a room of laptops , gas chromatography , and ice cream machines .

:up: :D

Knock-on
1st June 2009, 13:39
That's it , Knocky !

No Ice cream. Are you SERIOUS!!

Mark
1st June 2009, 14:43
I used to be 26 that were allowed to start a race. But then when there were 24 cars competing Bernie brought in the franchise system which limited the grid to 24 cars.

If they can race 26 cars once then they can do it again. If teams have to work in smaller garages then so be it!

Hondo
1st June 2009, 15:35

I don't think you have 15 teams entered. You have Williams and 7 new teams. I doubt the FIA considers the FOTA 9 teams a legal, by the required FIA standards, entry. I doubt the FIA will recognize a "conditional" entry. You are either entered under the FIA rules or you're not.

Bagwan
1st June 2009, 16:07
All the entries are conditional , the 7 on the new rules , and the 9 on the '09 rules , likely to be 10 , as Williams have to race , either way .

7 only puts 14 cars on the grid , unless those teams figure out who will run 3 cars each , because the minimum grid is 16 , if I remember correctly .
That , I believe is in the contract with the circuits , so will weigh heavy on Bernie .

7 seems unworkable .
It's a new series , not F1 .

veeten
1st June 2009, 18:18
I don't think you have 15 teams entered. You have Williams and 7 new teams. I doubt the FIA considers the FOTA 9 teams a legal, by the required FIA standards, entry. I doubt the FIA will recognize a "conditional" entry. You are either entered under the FIA rules or you're not.

I believe this explains the situation pretty well...

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=38040

K-Pu
1st June 2009, 18:44
So... FOTA teams are not going to enter 2010 championship, or at least their entries are not valid, or...

Bah! Mad Max will decide in less than 2 weeks time, and we´ll see what happens. I said that nothing would happen because the FIA would go back and reconsider that budget cap, but it´s dawning on me that I may be absolutely wrong.

Hondo
1st June 2009, 18:50
Thanks, that was an informative link although I don't think you had to be an "insider" to see it. I'm out here with you and I saw it coming.

Here's another Fiero hot tip. There are only 2 actual deadlines in an F1 series. The first is when the lights go green at the first race of the season and the second is 2 hours after the lights go green after the last race of the season.

This hoopla about June 12th is nothing but hoopla. The date of final confirmations will happen when Max decides its time to happen.

Mekola
1st June 2009, 20:57

I have the theory that the main forces among teams are the "British Party" (McLaren + Williams) and the "Italian Party" (Ferrari + Briatore <Renault>). And knowing the acrimony that RD and FB have since 1993, it's easy to guess who is the recipient of your quest...

Knock-on
2nd June 2009, 09:40
I have the theory that the main forces among teams are the "British Party" (McLaren + Williams) and the "Italian Party" (Ferrari + Briatore <Renault>). And knowing the acrimony that RD and FB have since 1993, it's easy to guess who is the recipient of your quest...

Then you are then both uninformed and illogical in your "conclusion" :rolleyes: