PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Day

F1boat
24th May 2009, 17:54
Nobody posted it, so...
for me it is Jenson, followed by Kimi and Mark Webber.

ioan
24th May 2009, 18:10
Jenson

jens
24th May 2009, 18:28
Jenson

I'm surprised that you give that much credit to Jense. :)

Koz
24th May 2009, 19:15

He's traitorious sucm, soon he will change his sig too. :p

Hats off to Button.

ioan
24th May 2009, 19:38

He beat his team mate by quite a margin so I had to acknowledge that he did a great job.

jens
24th May 2009, 19:46
He beat his team mate by quite a margin so I had to acknowledge that he did a great job.

:)

I suppose Button, Räikkönen and Massa were great... and yes, I'd add Fisichella too for his P9 in Force India (although it can be acknowledged FI wasn't the worst car this time). But as F1 is so car dependant, then we never know for sure, who really took the best out of the car. Probably double Monaco-winner Alonso couldn't have done better than that P7 in his Renault. Maybe Glock and Heidfeld were great too, but due to the cars we never saw it nor can be sure. As we know in the last two years Jenson and Rubens rarely appeared in any lists of race standouts, where they now are regular visitors.

ioan
24th May 2009, 20:02
Well as I pointed it out I rated Button because he convincingly beat his team mate, none of the other drivers stood out from this POV.

VkmSpouge
24th May 2009, 20:25
Jenson Button definitely the driver of the day. Well done to Kimi Raikkonen and Giancarlo Fisichella too.

jens
24th May 2009, 20:30
Well as I pointed it out I rated Button because he convincingly beat his team mate, none of the other drivers stood out from this POV.

Fair enough, although if both drivers are performing greatly, like it could have been the case with for example Ferraris, then there isn't any "convincing beating" and hence, according to this criteria, no standout drive from either guy. Although both might have just reached that level.

wedge
24th May 2009, 22:58
Such a dull race. I give to Massa for keeping me half awake with his efforts at driving at 100% on the limit (and a bit more) for nearly the entire race.

LiamM
24th May 2009, 23:20

Button's engine was on its third weekend also, makes the effort a little more special

woody2goody
24th May 2009, 23:35
Was there really 'a worst car' this weekend? All of them had their moments. Just what I thought F1 would be this year. 10 teams capable of fighting each other throughout.

Anyway, Driver of the Day:

1. Button
2. Bourdais
3. Massa
4. Fisichella
5. Raikkonen

yodasarmpit
24th May 2009, 23:54
It's difficult to nominate anyone other than Jenson this weekend.
Perfect start, looked after his tyres on the first stint, and never put a foot wrong.

Schultz
25th May 2009, 02:59
Jenson.

Valve Bounce
25th May 2009, 03:01
Bunsen - light 'em up!!

DexDexter
25th May 2009, 07:57
Was there really 'a worst car' this weekend? All of them had their moments. Just what I thought F1 would be this year. 10 teams capable of fighting each other throughout.

Anyway, Driver of the Day:

1. Button
2. Bourdais
3. Massa
4. Fisichella
5. Raikkonen

Ok, you rate Massa better than Räikkönen? Let's see, Massa went straight through the chicane, made a mistake of letting Rosberg through as well and lost a lot of time there. Made a mistake in quali as well. And what did Kimi do? Lost a place at the start and drove faultlessy for the whole race, they even screwed up his second stop and still he finished third which was the best they could hope for.

Big Ben
25th May 2009, 08:24
JB and KR. It seems this year's fight for the title is almost over. It's a shame the medal system didn't go through. By now we would have all the teams working on next year's car.

ioan
25th May 2009, 08:44
Ok, you rate Massa better than Räikkönen? Let's see, Massa went straight through the chicane, made a mistake of letting Rosberg through as well and lost a lot of time there. Made a mistake in quali as well. And what did Kimi do? Lost a place at the start and drove faultlessy for the whole race, they even screwed up his second stop and still he finished third which was the best they could hope for.

Whiner alert! :rotflmao:

Knock-on
25th May 2009, 11:21
Button of course. Head and shoulders above the field and controlled the race.

I thought the Ferrari drivers drove their hearts out today as well. Surprised that kimi lost a spot at the start but they threw everything, an a little extra Massa ;) , into that race.

Valve Bounce
25th May 2009, 11:45
Whiner alert! :rotflmao:

I don't see any whining there, ioan. I think you'd better read that post again carefully - he is just stating the facts. He just disagrees - and that is something you used to champion: a difference of opinion.

555-04Q2
25th May 2009, 11:48
Button.....

ioan
25th May 2009, 11:57
I don't see any whining there, ioan. I think you'd better read that post again carefully...

Sorry mate, I advise you to follow your own advice!

ShiftingGears
25th May 2009, 12:01
I don't see any whining there, ioan. I think you'd better read that post again carefully - he is just stating the facts. He just disagrees - and that is something you used to champion: a difference of opinion.

Agreed.

I nominate Button.

Sleeper
25th May 2009, 12:40
I dont know, Fisi beat Sutil by 2 laps and was as fast as Bourdais, so I give it to him.

ioan
25th May 2009, 12:47
I dont know, Fisi beat Sutil by 2 laps and was as fast as Bourdais, so I give it to him.

I considered him too, but he lost out to Bourdais in the end, so I went for Button.

Robinho
25th May 2009, 12:58
Button, perfect race.

both ferraris were very good too, Fisi seemed to be somewhere he shouldn't really have been so credit there

Ranger
25th May 2009, 12:59
Button.

Kudos to Fisi, Kimi.

Valve Bounce
25th May 2009, 14:04

ioan, the rest of that post that you omitted, ....................
I said you used to champion someone stating his opinion here.

Valve Bounce
25th May 2009, 14:06
Button, perfect race.

And I also chose bunsen, but when I think of it, a lot of credit goes to the unsung hero: Brawn. I just felt that whenever bunsen came into the pits, things would work out OK for him. And it did.

Brawn and Bunsen - what a team. :up:

ioan
25th May 2009, 14:10
ioan, the rest of that post that you omitted, ....................
I said you used to champion someone stating his opinion here.

Valve, I know exactly what he wrote in that post, but I don't see the point in trying to defend Kimi only because someone else preferred Felipe more.
I hope this makes it all clearer.

DexDexter
25th May 2009, 16:26

When somebody puts the facts on the table you cannot handle it. I thought you were a Ferrari fan but obviously you are not. You like Massa! That's it! :)

ioan
25th May 2009, 16:34
When somebody puts the facts on the table you cannot handle it. I thought you were a Ferrari fan but obviously you are not. You like Massa! That's it! :)

You mean I'm not lost in Kimi's backside like you?!

I'm more of a Ferrari fan than you can dream of being, in fact I'm pretty sure you didn't care about Ferrari before and that you will spit on them the moment Kimi goes.

Here, fact about how much of Ferrari fan you are:

Ferrari tactics were once again wrong, they should have started with super-soft tires like Brawn did. Also the last stint was way too long for super-softs.

Now spare me the bla bla about you being a Ferrari fan.

Garry Walker
25th May 2009, 18:07
Vettel.... just kidding, he drove like an idiot :D

Button, Massa and to a lesser degree, Kimi.

DexDexter
25th May 2009, 18:52
You mean I'm not lost in Kimi's backside like you?!

I'm more of a Ferrari fan than you can dream of being, in fact I'm pretty sure you didn't care about Ferrari before and that you will spit on them the moment Kimi goes.

Here, fact about how much of Ferrari fan you are:

Now spare me the bla bla about you being a Ferrari fan.

Yep, I couldn't care less about Ferrari if they didn't have a Finn driving for them. But my point was that you're so much in love with Massa that you don't see the races objectively any more. Well....it makes no difference to me, I don't take these things seriously...

ioan
25th May 2009, 19:00
Yep, I couldn't care less about Ferrari if they didn't have a Finn driving for them.

Right, now that it's all cleared allow me to laugh about your attempt to judge me as a Ferrari fan! :rotflmao:

DexDexter
25th May 2009, 19:09
Right, now that it's all cleared allow me to laugh about your attempt to judge me as a Ferrari fan! :rotflmao:

But you didn't deny that you like Massa and you probably have a poster of him in your wall. Anyway, better end this before you lose your temper.

HenryM
25th May 2009, 19:12
Button, perfect race...

ioan
25th May 2009, 19:25
But you didn't deny that you like Massa and you probably have a poster of him in your wall. Anyway, better end this before you lose your temper.

Why should I deny the reality? I'm no McLaren fan! :D
LOL, I do not have posters, with anyone. It's been a very very long time since last time I had a poster! :(

Garry Walker
25th May 2009, 19:26
Why should I deny the reality? I'm no McLaren fan! :D

Too funny :D :D :D

ioan
25th May 2009, 19:27
Too funny :D :D :D

I just couldn't miss this opportunity! :D

Garry Walker
25th May 2009, 19:29
I just couldn't miss this opportunity! :D

One should never pass on an opportunity to take a shot at McLaren :D

christophulus
25th May 2009, 21:44
Button.

Honourable mention for Massa, and Rosberg for making the only overtaking move I can recall..

truefan72
26th May 2009, 00:27
kimi

wmcot
26th May 2009, 06:25
Buemi - for providing some entertainment! ;)

tintop
26th May 2009, 13:35
Button
Sebass for saving his seat for another week.

Knock-on
27th May 2009, 11:05
I must make amends.

Jenson drove a stunning race and pulled out a qualification lap that had me stumped.

Ferrari did very well and are right back up the top. This years car has always been good and they are starting to use it better now.

However, I forgot to mention Fisi? How I omitted this is beyond me but what a great drive from the old boy.

Stunning race by Jense but to get the FI up to 9th deserves a very big honary mention.

AndyL
27th May 2009, 19:10
However, I forgot to mention Fisi? How I omitted this is beyond me but what a great drive from the old boy.

Stunning race by Jense but to get the FI up to 9th deserves a very big honary mention.

Fisi's getting no credit from me, he should have nudged Bourdais into the barriers to steal 8th place... of course he would have been DQed following a protest from STR, but that would have been OK because my bookies would have already paid out by then :mad:

Seriously though I think Fisi did well apart from a poor start. I'd have to give Bourdais a bit of credit too since he qualified behind Fisi but finished ahead of him, though that was slightly gifted to him by Fisi's start and I think the STR was probably the slightly faster car.

woody2goody
27th May 2009, 21:45

I rated Massa better than Raikkonen purely because it seemed he was a little faster throughout the race. Kimi drove a really nice race I just think Felipe drove a better one. Plus he had to fight with Vettel and Nico, and also he was held up by Button after Jenson's pit stops a couple of times.

yodasarmpit
27th May 2009, 22:39
LOL, I do not have posters, with anyone. It's been a very very long time since last time I had a poster! :(
Did your mum make you take them down? :)

Just kidding, got to love how a thread about driver of the day, like so many others gets dragged so far off topic yet again.

stevie_gerrard
29th May 2009, 01:46
Fisichella for really trying hard in a pretty dire car. However, theres something about Monaco which the Force India Team like, and they proved again that they were no slouches around this track.