PDA

View Full Version : TV coverage

NickFalzone
23rd May 2009, 04:49
Another 2 races, and it's off to the crappy coverage on TNT and then ESPN and ABC. A full season on FOX would be far better. Better announcers, better production, all around better product. NASCAR is too greedy, they need cut a better deal with FOX and keep their show on all year there. I do think the current mixed up tv-deal is particularly bad for the casual fan. The ratings are dropping, a single TV partner would be a smart move.

Jonesi
23rd May 2009, 05:31
Another 2 races, and it's off to the crappy coverage on TNT and then ESPN and ABC. A full season on FOX would be far better. Better announcers, better production, all around better product. NASCAR is too greedy, they need cut a better deal with FOX and keep their show on all year there. I do think the current mixed up tv-deal is particularly bad for the casual fan. The ratings are dropping, a single TV partner would be a smart move.

Cost had little to do with it. FOX has NFL football in the fall and wasn't interested in racing then.
BTW Nascar gets paid about $375 million a year for their TV deal, how much do you think they would be willing to cut to make you happy?

RaceFanStan
23rd May 2009, 17:23
One advantage to different networks is that it could make more races available to the fans.
I am fortunate to have all of the networks on my SuddenLink cable.
I am sure there could be fans who don't have all of them.
I remember someone saying they couldn't get SPEED ...

I mostly watch the races for the racing not the announcers, anyway ...
their opinions don't mean much to me, I believe my eyes not what some puppet says. http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

BobbyC
26th May 2009, 02:51
Another 2 races, and it's off to the crappy coverage on TNT and then ESPN. A full season on FOX would be far better. Better announcers, better production, all around better product. NASCAR is too greedy, they need cut a better deal with FOX and keep their show on all year there. I do think the current mixed up tv-deal is particularly bad for the casual fan. The ratings are dropping, a single TV partner would be a smart move.

Mike Joy & Crew are down to just one race. Wow.

And NASCAR will lose ratings to the IRL once the 12-week exile starts.

ESPN last year let the cat out of the bag; Desperate Housewives has priority over Sprint Cup playoff races.

muggle not
26th May 2009, 03:25
Mike Joy & Crew are down to just one race. Wow.

And NASCAR will lose ratings to the IRL once the 12-week exile starts.

ESPN last year let the cat out of the bag; Desperate Housewives has priority over Sprint Cup playoff races.
The season has ended for Desperate Housewives. Nascar can't use that as an excuse.

Mark in Oshawa
26th May 2009, 12:47
Muggle, it is in the fall when that conflict occurred.

I don't mind the change of networks. I actually like Kyle Petty on the TNT broadcasts and they didn't do a bad job last year. ABC/ESPN on the other hand...well I like the boys in the booth. Dr. Punch, Andy Pettree and Dale Jarrett (the Hickory mafia) do a good job really, and I like their low key style of commenting, but I am really tired of the way ABC/ESPN frame the race, in that they have their own spin they tend to try to put on events before they happen. Their camera work and live editing is kind of out to lunch too in my opinion, but we don't have a choice.

I find FOX the best, but I do get really tired of Darrell's schtick, and I wont mind seeing that rodent buried for another season....

e2mtt
28th May 2009, 14:29
Kyle Petty is an extremely good announcer/color commentator.

Skater36
31st May 2009, 16:56
Muggle, it is in the fall when that conflict occurred.

I don't mind the change of networks. I actually like Kyle Petty on the TNT broadcasts and they didn't do a bad job last year. ABC/ESPN on the other hand...well I like the boys in the booth. Dr. Punch, Andy Pettree and Dale Jarrett (the Hickory mafia) do a good job really, and I like their low key style of commenting, but I am really tired of the way ABC/ESPN frame the race, in that they have their own spin they tend to try to put on events before they happen. Their camera work and live editing is kind of out to lunch too in my opinion, but we don't have a choice.

I find FOX the best, but I do get really tired of Darrell's schtick, and I wont mind seeing that rodent buried for another season....

I agree 100%

VERY tired of the hokey Hee Haw coverage from DW and Larry. Booggity boogity needs to join "where's the beef" in tired phrase exile.

RaceFanStan
31st May 2009, 17:10
I like Darrell Waltrip & Larry MacReynolds, I also like Kyle Petty & Dale Jarrett.
All I can add is .....
Boogity !!! Boogity !!! Boogity !!! Let's go racin' boys !!! :bomb:

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

harvick#1
31st May 2009, 20:05
DW and Digger are gone, I am a happy guy :D

mharrison
1st June 2009, 21:19
The season has ended for Desperate Housewives. Nascar can't use that as an excuse.

No but my wife is pretty ticked about it. She's addicted to that show.