PDA

View Full Version : Rumour Mill 09/10

Pages : [1] 2

tha_jackal
23rd May 2009, 02:30
"Last year, we complained about the silly season starting early, yet in 2009 it seems to have started even earlier yet. With a host of young riders on the verge of entering MotoGP, there is already a veritable tsunami of speculation concerning who will be filling which seats next year. Marco Simoncelli and Alvaro Bautista look almost certain to move up to the premier class from 250s, and over in World Superbikes, Ben Spies is widely tipped to move across to MotoGP, while there are even whisperings of a couple of the standout young British riders - such as Leon Haslam and Johnny Rea - taking a chance.

With all these young guns getting ready to kick the door down, and any increase in the numbers of bikes on the grid extremely unlikely - whether or not the Grand Prix Commission decides to go to a single bike for 2010 - that means that some of the riders already in the series are going to have to make way. Some are safe by virtue of their nationality - James Toseland's seat in MotoGP is safe (though not necessarily his seat at Tech 3) for as long as the BBC has a deal to televise MotoGP, or until another British rider can be found to take his place, and Yuki Takahashi is safe as long as Hiroshi Aoyama decides to stay in the 250cc / Moto2 class next year - but others are less fortunate.

One possible candidate for the transfer list is Colin Edwards. Despite the fact that the Texan is having a pretty good year and is a fair bet for at least one podium this season, the Yamaha veteran is simply becoming too expensive to maintain. The economic downturn has hit motorcycle sales in the US very hard, and as Yamaha is paying for most of Colin Edwards' considerable salary, it looks unlikely that they will be able or willing to do a similar deal for 2010.

This leaves Colin Edwards looking elsewhere, most notably towards World Superbikes, a series where he took two World Championships. According to the British weekly Motorcycle News, Edwards is already talking to Aprilia about a return to World Superbikes to ride their impressive RSV4 machine. Edwards has a good relationship with Aprilia, having ridden their terrifying RS3 Cube machine in the early days of MotoGP, and with the demise of the 250 class, the Italian factory is investing an increasing amount of resources in the World Superbike championship.

Edwards' father confirmed that the Texan has been talking to Aprilia about World Superbikes next year in a post on Colin Edwards' fan forum. Even more interestingly, he also mentioned that Edwards had also been talking to Ducati. Colin senior did state that nothing firm had come from any of these talks so far, but a factory ride is the only place where Edwards would be able to retain anything like his current salary level, and after 6 years in MotoGP, a factory ride in the premier class is highly improbable. This leaves World Superbikes as Edwards most likely option.

A move to either the Ducati or Aprilia factory teams in World Superbikes faces a good many obstacles, not the least of which is the fact that the teams' current rosters are already well entrenched. If - and it's still a big if, this early in the season - Noriyuki Haga wins the 2009 World Superbike crown, he is unlikely to want to go elsewhere, and even less likely to be sacked. Michel Fabrizio's strong form, allied to Ducati's preference for at least one Italian rider in the factory squad, makes Fabrizio a strong candidate to keep his ride too. Over in the Aprilia garage, Max Biaggi looks like being a firm fixture with the team for next year, and has scored some outstanding results on what is a brand new bike, untested before this season.

Yet Aprilia looks like being the most likely destination for Edwards, if he does decide to move to World Superbikes. Biaggi's team mate Shinya Nakano has had a solid, if not spectacular season, scoring top ten finishes where Biaggi has been top five. Aprilia may well feel that a rider with the amount of development experience that Colin Edwards has would be a better bet for helping to develop the still new RSV4.

Of course, this is still just early speculation, based on early reports of talks. Deals are a very, very long way from being signed yet, and a couple of podiums - or better yet, a win or two - could completely turn Colin Edwards' position in MotoGP around. There's still a long way to go before contract season begins in earnest."

http://www.motogpmatters.com/news/2009/05/22/colin_edwards_to_return_to_wsbk_in_2010.html

NinjaMaster
24th May 2009, 00:46
Nice work Jake, I was thinking we needed this thread the other day.

Also from MotoGPmatters, talk of Talmacsi and Pasini making a direct team swap after Toth, Aspar and Talmacsi's manager were seen in discussions in the Toth team hospitality tent.

jonny hurlock
24th May 2009, 18:15
Nice work Jake, I was thinking we needed this thread the other day.

Also from MotoGPmatters, talk of Talmacsi and Pasini making a direct team swap after Toth, Aspar and Talmacsi's manager were seen in discussions in the Toth team hospitality tent.

i heard Gábor Talmácsi could be going to scot racing motogp team for the second rider for the rest of the season, while jorge lorenzo to honda in 2010

jonny hurlock
13th June 2009, 22:48
Yuki Takahashi could be out after Catalunya, honda hasn't back him, also because of Gábor Talmácsi money coming in

also Marco Simoncelli could be on a honda with Gresini next season (note rookies for motogp will not be allowed on work bikes next season expect suzuki no satellite bike)

NinjaMaster
14th June 2009, 03:58
Simoncelli announced he will be Yamaha or Honda mounted next year in MotoGP and told Ducati thanks but no thanks. Speaking to Gresini and Tech 3.

Bautista to Tech 3 or Suzuki.

Vermeulen said to have talked to Tech 3 also.

Aspar announced he will run a MotoGP team next year though no manufacturer confirmed. Likely Yamaha or Ducati though both are stretched for resources as is. Replace Tech 3 as Yamaha's satellite team with Tech 3 to concentrate on Moto2? Maybe take over of Gibernau's team? Or perhaps, out of left field, a take over of Hayate with Kawasaki support (my own hypothectical given most other avenues look almost as unlikely)?

Casey Stoner to enter negotiations with Ducati for 2010. Also, Lorenzo and Pedrosa to stay put next year as well.

Surely the only spot left for Ben Spies on the MotoGP grid is Suzuki?

Toseland I would imagine would be saved by Dorna wanting a Brit on the grid. He of course still has the rest of the season to pull up his socks and prove he belongs there as well.

Barry Veneman to complete WSS this year on Andrew Pitt's 2008 bikes.

Lots of variations and water to pass under the bridge before the season is out.

patnicholls
15th June 2009, 23:29
Barry Veneman to complete WSS this year on Andrew Pitt's 2008 bikes.

At present, Andrew Pitt will be asking for those back for himself! :)

tha_jackal
25th June 2009, 04:52
marco simoncelli has signed for gresini honda in motogp for 2010..

see more @ http://www.motogp.com

CaptainRaiden
25th June 2009, 12:08
marco simoncelli has signed for gresini honda in motogp for 2010..

see more @ http://www.motogp.com

So, I guess De Angelis will make the way, or was this the last straw for Toni Elias on a factory bike?

And I don't know if Tech 3 wanted Marco, but if they did, then I don't know whether this is a wise choice on Simoncelli's part, because clearly Yamaha is the best bike right now.

NinjaMaster
25th June 2009, 14:56
Tech3 did indeed want Marco but have had to open discussions with Alvaro following the revelations that Simoncelli was having talks with Gresini. You would assume that the clincher for Gresini is for Marco to get Elias' factory bike instead of a customer Yamaha and perhaps he sees a more direct path to a full factory ride with Honda than Yamaha?
It narrows things down for Bautista and Spies.

racer69
5th July 2009, 12:50
Do TV rights fit in with the rumour mill thread??

Australian Auto Action reports that One (Channel 10) in Australia has secured exclusive rights for MotoGP for the next 5 years.

Is this only for free-to-air, or will this affect FOX Sports live coverage which they have had of every class since 1997?

The Phantom
5th July 2009, 13:08
Whoa, pull up there... I knew ONE had some MotoGP deal going but I didn't consider that it might be EXCLUSIVE... if Foxtel is not going to run MotoGP then that is some of the worst news I've heard in a long time. Greg Rust and Darryl Beattie are as bad a commentary team as it's possible to find (although some of our American brothers might disagree with that :rolleyes: )

Going to have to look into that - if it's the case then Ten had better be prepared for an onslaught of protests, I'll be leading the charge.

NinjaMaster
5th July 2009, 14:41
'Fraid it's true Phantom.

From Dorna Sports:

Dorna Sports and Network Ten have signed an historic 5-year agreement that will see MotoGP broadcast exclusively on free-to-air television for the first time from 2010.

The agreement includes all MotoGP races and all supporting 125cc and 250cc races broadcast LIVE on Network Ten’s 24-hour sport channel, ONE, from 2010. Network Ten will simulcast LIVE the Australian MotoGP round from Philip Island as well as other MotoGP events in the Australasian time zone and those taking place in America. All other MotoGP races will be broadcast on same-day delay on TEN around 11 pm.

ONE will show full replays of all MotoGP races, all qualifying races and highlights of 125cc and 250cc races in prime time each week following the race. Extensive pre-race shows will also feature on ONE hosted by Greg Rust and Daryl Beattie.

Madrid based Dorna Sports is the exclusive holder of all commercial and television rights for the FIM MotoGP World Championship, and has been assisted by IMG in the dealing process.

Network Ten has been the primary broadcast partner for MotoGP in Australia since 1996 and this new exclusive agreement ensures that ONE and TEN will take MotoGP to the broadest possible audience in Australia.

In announcing the deal, Network Ten’s general manager of sport, David White, said: “MotoGP is enjoying a resurgence in popularity in Australia off the back of Casey Stoner’s recent performances. We have forged a strong relationship with Dorna Sports and MotoGP and we are thrilled they have seen the enormous potential that a long-term partnership across our two free-to-air channels can deliver.”

“The structure of this agreement provides the perfect solution for MotoGP fans and further highlights the power of ONE to deliver top-quality LIVE sporting coverage to the widest possible audience at the best possible time.

Having the ability to broadcast all races LIVE on ONE and also have the coverage simulcast live or delayed on TEN following our Sunday night prime-time commitments is the foundation of our successful multi-channel strategy.”

Dorna Sports Managing Director Manel Arroyo stated: “We are delighted to extend our agreement with Network Ten, which will see all MotoGP events broadcast live on their new free-to-air sports channel ONE. We believe that the combination of the exposure through TEN and ONE will further expand the profile of our series and contribute to making the huge fan base for MotoGP that already exists in Australia even bigger.”

So Beattie and Rust and mid-race ads are our future. Bah. And what happens when MotoGP clashes with F1? I ain't at all confident that MotoGP will take preference. Boo. Terrible decision by Dorna. Again.

markabilly
5th July 2009, 18:58
So will nicky go or stay at Ducati?

given his prior history at Seca, if he can not ride that bike there....well.....

racer69
6th July 2009, 08:07
Dorna Sports and Network Ten have signed an historic 5-year agreement that will see MotoGP broadcast exclusively on free-to-air television for the first time from 2010.

That line there might be the saving grace for FOX Sports, they'll hopefully keep on going with their live coverage on pay TV

I noticed this morning that Fox just took the straight Dorna broadcast, no studio hosting from David Murdoch & Kevin Magee

markabilly
6th July 2009, 14:28
I noticed this morning that Fox just took the straight Dorna broadcast, no studio hosting from David Murdoch & Kevin Magee
Explains the really sh*t feed---shame that is what the world sees all the time

IRL and regular AMA races are usually far better feed when seen in hi def.

Shame because the camera work yesterday was really fine

Roby44
7th July 2009, 12:04
That line there might be the saving grace for FOX Sports, they'll hopefully keep on going with their live coverage on pay TV

I only watch the start of the coverage to see Magee!! LOL ;)
I won't be watching the free to air crap with Beattie and Rust!! :mad:

neninja
8th July 2009, 10:45
After his frankly pathetic showing at Laguna I think Toseland has guaranteed that he's back on a Superbike for 2010

Shame as I wanted him to do well but yet again a Superbike rider has failed to make the transition to a GP bike. I hope when Spies eventually moves across he can break this trend.

Corny
25th July 2009, 15:40
The BIG question for 2010 is: Will Lorenzo move to Repsol Honda? And if so, will Pedrosa stay?

I hope Lorenzo goes to Honda. I think it's better not to be Rossi's team mate when you want to fight him in the championship

leopard
25th July 2009, 16:23
The BIG question for 2010 is: Will Lorenzo move to Repsol Honda? And if so, will Pedrosa stay?

Pedrosa will have to accept and respect decision of team, willy nilly :)

Roby44
26th July 2009, 01:39
Lorenzo: Yamaha offer not good enough

Jorge Lorenzo says he is ready to delay a decision on his future, claiming he is worth more than what his Yamaha team is offering him.

The Spaniard is currently fighting for the title with team-mate Valentino Rossi, who is 14 points ahead after the first nine races of the season.

Yamaha rival Honda has expressed an interest in Lorenzo, but the former 250cc world champion said his main priority is staying with his current team.

Lorenzo, however, said after yesterday's German Grand Prix that he feels Yamaha's offer is not good enough.

"I don't know, I think that we need to wait some more," Lorenzo told Italia1 television when asked about his future.

"I feel very proud that people are interested in me. But I think I'm one of the riders who can beat Valentino in the future.

"I'm fighting with him at the moment, and I think my worth is greater than what Yamaha is offering me at the moment. We'll see what happens in the future."

Rossi, meanwhile, said he was not sure if it was better to have Lorenzo as a team-mate or not.

"I've thought a lot about it, whether it's better to have him in Yamaha or in Honda," he said. "I don't know. There are pluses and minuses each way. In any case I think he will be a tough rival to beat whether he rides either with our bike or with another team."

Rossi also denied Lorenzo did not get the same bike upgrades as him.

"That's not true, the bikes are identical," he told Gazzetta dello Sport. "In any case, it's normal that I have with Yamaha a relationship he doesn't have: when I arrived in 2004 I found a bike that hadn't won for 12 years and it was crap.

"Now we have the best bike. Lorenzo can't pretend to arrive, win, and in two years be as important as Valentino."

He added: "It's easy to be in his conditions: he fights against Valentino Rossi, one of the strongest riders ever, so he goes for it and if he loses he tries again. Meanwhile, this year we are 6-3 in my favour. Good, I like that. He's a tough nut with enormous talent."

Roby44
26th July 2009, 01:40
Aspar Team to move up to MotoGP with Ducati
Saturday, 25 July 2009

Spanish team manager confirms project, revealed in motogp.com interview last week.

Jorge Martínez ‘Aspar’ will finally move his World Championship project up to MotoGP in 2010, courtesy of a deal with Ducati confirmed on Saturday at Donington Park. After three years of negotiating with various factories, an agreement has been struck for an ambitious stay in the premier class.

“It seems that after three years we are finally able to achieve our dream of presenting a MotoGP project. It’s been three years of fighting and looking for the best option and, after sounding out various factories, we have finally reached an agreement with Ducati,” declared Aspar at the British track. “I hope that this will be a fruitful arrangement that will continue in the long term. In theory we will have one rider in 2010, with the idea being to expand to two in 2011.”

The Aspar Team will be present in all three categories of the World Championship, with the MotoGP team joining 125cc and Moto2 squads.

“Our goal is primarily to grow strong in MotoGP from a technical viewpoint. We will continue with the 125cc team and compete in the Moto2 class, so we feel that this is a big step for the whole team. Today the big news is that we are moving up to MotoGP with Ducati, so the second thing that we have to do is confirm a rider. We hope to be able to do this by the time we get to Brno,” added the former three-time lower cylinder category World Champion, who was clear on his preferred choice for the available spot.

”It would be great to convince Álvaro Bautista to come up with us and he is our first option for the MotoGP team. He has been with us for a long time, winning a 125cc World Championship and finishing second in 250cc, so it would be great for him to continue with us,” he stated, referring to the rider currently involved in the 250cc title fight.

leopard
27th July 2009, 07:35
Lorenzo: Yamaha offer not good enough
Yamaha rival Honda has expressed an interest in Lorenzo, but the former 250cc world champion said his main priority is staying with his current team.

Lorenzo, however, said after yesterday's German Grand Prix that he feels Yamaha's offer is not good enough.

We can't deny that any riders like what Lorenzo said is humanly acceptable, he said at the same time that staying at current place is main priority. I think Yamaha will take the matter into consideration without further blow off.

Seing result of Honda riders at Donington Honda might need to examine scenario on hiring Lorenzo and apply different scenario for #4 rider. :)

gco0307
27th July 2009, 08:47
We can't deny that any riders like what Lorenzo said is humanly acceptable, he said at the same time that staying at current place is main priority. I think Yamaha will take the matter into consideration without further blow off.

Seing result of Honda riders at Donington Honda might need to examine scenario on hiring Lorenzo and apply different scenario for #4 rider. :)

Everey rider will always say that staying at their current team is their main priority - but generally when that is said it also means come and talk people because I am not happy (a bit like the old 'person X job is safe' used in football).

I don't have a problem with JL 'hawking' himself around as personally I do believe that he is deserving of being a team #1 rider. It is his third year in MGP and he has shown that he has the ability, ambition and speed to be a true championship contender - something that would in all likelihood not happen as a #2. Besides which, it is not like as a #2 at FIAT his performances will see him ascend to the #1 team rider whilstever one VR remains - so in order to progress he needs to move on to another team.

For me, whilst the Yamaha is without doubt the bike to be on at the moment I simply see no reason to stay at FIAT as VR seems intent to stay and play some more, thus to be a #1 he has to move.

Garry

leopard
27th July 2009, 11:10
Everey rider will always say that staying at their current team is their main priority - but generally when that is said it also means come and talk people because I am not happy (a bit like the old 'person X job is safe' used in football).

I don't have a problem with JL 'hawking' himself around as personally I do believe that he is deserving of being a team #1 rider. It is his third year in MGP and he has shown that he has the ability, ambition and speed to be a true championship contender - something that would in all likelihood not happen as a #2. Besides which, it is not like as a #2 at FIAT his performances will see him ascend to the #1 team rider whilstever one VR remains - so in order to progress he needs to move on to another team.

For me, whilst the Yamaha is without doubt the bike to be on at the moment I simply see no reason to stay at FIAT as VR seems intent to stay and play some more, thus to be a #1 he has to move.

Garry

Yamaha is currently on form, riding which will give him more probability to win rather than riding bike not on form. Relating team underrated him, he didn't show anything yet other than being the second in the standing, last year he was only a few points better emerged from slots of Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden, nearly half of points collected by Rossi.

Actually Lorenzo can transform all his ability, ambition, and speed to be a true championship contender on Yamaha. He will not be able to be in the 'party' with Rossi in case of rider status was in effect. There is not any favoritism between first and second rider, both riders have the same status, the same opportunity to be the champion.

It is humanly acceptable the bigger offer is always a temptation, if he want to think about it shortly he can take the offer, regardless of whether or not his talent is enough worthy as that amount. Take the cash in first :D

Roby44
27th July 2009, 11:14
By Jorge I’m good,

MOTOGP star Jorge Lorenzo is adamant he has got the balls to win the title - after cutting family and friends out of his life completely.

The Spaniard, 22, heads into tomorrow's British GP at Donington Park just 14 points behind the legendary Valentino Rossi.
And the Fiat Yamaha rider believes his stunning form is down to making the toughest decisions of his life.
When he was just 18, Jorge saw his father, Chico Lorenzo, and his agent, Dani Amatriain, fall out spectacularly.
Jorge sided with his agent and cut all contact with his dad - but last summer Amatriain suffered the same fate.
And now the title challenger has decided that his friends are distracting him from glory and has banned them from coming to races as well!
But the prodigy reckons it has put him in the perfect position to deal with anything he comes up against on the track. The 2008 Rookie of the Year said: "Sometimes in your life you are very comfortable.
"But if you feel you are not working in a good way you have to have enough balls to change that and choose another way.
"I split from my father some years ago because he and my ex-manager didn't feel the same about my career.
"Last year I also left my ex-manager as I didn't agree with what he wanted either. My background has been complicated but now I'm much quieter and happier.
"When I started out I was under a lot of pressure because my future was not clear.
"But as I got a bit older I understand that the pressure can be there anyway so it is best not to worry about it.
"Now I know a lot more about life on and off the track."
And Lorenzo admits he will have to beat the rider that he considers the greatest of all-time if he is to win the title.
Rossi is an eight-time world champion but the team-mates have gone wheel-to-wheel throughout this season.

And Lorenzo is determined to push the Italian reigning champ all the way in only his second season in MotoGP.
He also has the belief he could become the greatest when Rossi, 30, hangs up his helmet. Lorenzo added: "For everybody, Valentino is the king. But for how many years will he stay king? Life is always changing and nothing is forever.
"It is difficult to compare Valentino to past champions, but the competition is much closer now so maybe he is the greatest ever.
"In terms of speed and level I think I am very close to Valentino but he has the experience.
"He has won more than 100 races so he knows how to do everything."

gco0307
27th July 2009, 12:53
Yamaha is currently on form, riding which will give him more probability to win rather than riding bike not on form. Relating team underrated him, he didn't show anything yet other than being the second in the standing, last year he was only a few points better emerged from slots of Dovizioso and Nicky Hayden, nearly half of points collected by Rossi.

Actually Lorenzo can transform all his ability, ambition, and speed to be a true championship contender on Yamaha. He will not be able to be in the 'party' with Rossi in case of rider status was in effect. There is not any favoritism between first and second rider, both riders have the same status, the same opportunity to be the champion.

It is humanly acceptable the bigger offer is always a temptation, if he want to think about it shortly he can take the offer, regardless of whether or not his talent is enough worthy as that amount. Take the cash in first :D

I don't disagree at all that the Yamaha is the better bike at the moment and that logic would say stay with the known entity.

But, ambition is a different animal altogether and there is no doubt that JL wants to be a team #1 so like any employee he is looking to further his career and seeking effectively a promotion as we all do at times (and with promotion comes money). Sometimes amdition makes people take risks, some pay off (VR -TO Yamaha to prove Honda wrong) and some dont (Ducati and the tyres this weekend).

As for the all riders treated equal, well not so sure as some get the developed parts before others, some get walls down their sheds to separate teams and acquisition of the others data etc.

JL obviously feels that he is a number 1 rider within a team (be that a one bike or a two bike team) and personally I support his ambition. Personally, I feel that for a rookie to enter the championship, perform as he has done in the first two years in a factory team as the recognised second rider - then if the rider has ambition he must go to a #1 role or else stagnate. VR is going nowehere and dare I say if the Moto1 concept comes through he will be around for much longer, so JL and any other person entering that role needs to plan ahead if they have ambition.

As for money, near everyone wants a payrise and near everyone believes that they deserve it - why should JL be different?

If he thinks he is worth 5million - let him seek it and if someone will pay then he was right. Only if/when he goes to teh highest bidder and not necessarily a high bidder with a good option can we say whether the move was dollars driven or not/

Garry

leopard
28th July 2009, 05:58
I don't disagree at all that the Yamaha is the better bike at the moment and that logic would say stay with the known entity.

But, ambition is a different animal altogether and there is no doubt that JL wants to be a team #1 so like any employee he is looking to further his career and seeking effectively a promotion as we all do at times (and with promotion comes money). Sometimes amdition makes people take risks, some pay off (VR -TO Yamaha to prove Honda wrong) and some dont (Ducati and the tyres this weekend).

As for the all riders treated equal, well not so sure as some get the developed parts before others, some get walls down their sheds to separate teams and acquisition of the others data etc.

JL obviously feels that he is a number 1 rider within a team (be that a one bike or a two bike team) and personally I support his ambition. Personally, I feel that for a rookie to enter the championship, perform as he has done in the first two years in a factory team as the recognised second rider - then if the rider has ambition he must go to a #1 role or else stagnate. VR is going nowehere and dare I say if the Moto1 concept comes through he will be around for much longer, so JL and any other person entering that role needs to plan ahead if they have ambition.

As for money, near everyone wants a payrise and near everyone believes that they deserve it - why should JL be different?

If he thinks he is worth 5million - let him seek it and if someone will pay then he was right. Only if/when he goes to teh highest bidder and not necessarily a high bidder with a good option can we say whether the move was dollars driven or not/

Garry

Actually not everyone wants number 1 status, everyone wants not being overloaded. They know more consequences being designated as number 1 they have bigger moral responsibility, dedication, and more time they have to spend at.

I think JL contract was set based on his last year result which was 4 in the championship, I think end of this season team will be pretty fair to give him enough increment if he can achieve position better than last year. Why would feel team didn't pay enough in the middle of season only because being the standing runner up and challenging title?

He can start arranging his future, if he feels his talent is enough to get compensation bigger than today he can make the move. Currently he only need to ride by nature on best equipment team has provided for him, if he can achieve performance better without feeling being overloaded actually it means he got the number 1 status by itself.

I think he has his own management, they have to be more proactive to seek more personal sponsors other than currently existing such as chupa chup, and Kerakol for Rossi. This personal sponsors will give him some money, besides also he can have the candy for free :D

As long as the products are not related directly to the interest of team, team is supposed to support their rider to get motivated from gaining additional income from personal sponsors. I don't think team will have problem with it or create obstruction to the scheme of work that prevent riders from gaining additional deal with such personal sponsors. ;)

patnicholls
14th August 2009, 00:29
Bikesport News is usually on the money with rumours, but personally I'd file this one in the 'believe it when I see it' pile:

http://www.bikesportnews.com/articles/article.html?id=MOTOGP_BRNO_HAS_STONER_SPLIT_WITH_ DUCATI_1

(D'oh, also now noticed this in the other Stoner thread - will leave it here anyway)

Rod Richardson
14th August 2009, 13:51
Pedrosa and Dovi to continue as the only riders in Repsol Honda Moto GP team for next 2 years.

Mach24
14th August 2009, 23:03
Pedrosa and Dovi to continue as the only riders in Repsol Honda Moto GP team for next 2 years.

So this is not only confirmation of both riders at HRC, but also Repsol!

I hear the new head of HRC's surname is Suzuki, ironic, don't ya think?

jonny hurlock
15th August 2009, 17:00
Marco Melandri is confirmed at gresini next season, other news Héctor Barberá
coube at aspar next season beacuse of sponsorship, Álvaro Bautista
could be at suzuki next season, because suzuki are expected (bad spelling) from the rookie rule for manufactures, imo a silly rule

Mach24
15th August 2009, 23:44
So this is not only confirmation of both riders at HRC, but also Repsol!

I hear the new head of HRC's surname is Suzuki, ironic, don't ya think?

From what I have read there is no confirmation yet on Repsol staying with HRC beyond '09.

I wonder if Jorge has an ace to play before this game is over?

If all this stuff about Stoner leaving Ducati is true????? Could he be going to Yamaha to replace Jorge?

Love the drama, but I reckon status quo will reign.

All this movement in MotoGP could once again inject some talent into WSBK.... Elias, Vermeulen, Toseland?

16th August 2009, 00:49
and Hayden?

TheFamousEccles
16th August 2009, 02:44
I call shenanigans on the Stoner rumour. :bomb:

ozrevhead
16th August 2009, 15:00
I call shenanigans on the Stoner rumour. :bomb:
Or as my friends and I like to say...

I call bulls***

NinjaMaster
17th August 2009, 04:26
Bautista confirmed at Suzuki in 2010.
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/bautista+with+suzuki+in+2010

Also, talk of Ducati and Phillip Morris (Marlboro) keen to chase Lorenzo as Stoner's physical condition comes into question.

Roby44
17th August 2009, 10:57
http://www.gpweek.com/

ozrevhead
17th August 2009, 11:55
http://www.gpweek.com/
Your going to have to elaborate for those who dont have subscription

ozrevhead
17th August 2009, 12:31
sorry my bad - shoudnt of jumped the gun and read instead.

look wheather he wants to ride a motorbike or not shouldnt even be thought of - The main consern should be Casey's health - nothing ive read on forums, on articals etc. makes me think it is.

NinjaMaster
25th August 2009, 14:13
According to Superbikeplanet, Jorge has officially signed for Yamaha.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Aug/090825a.htm

The big piece of the puzzle is now in place, time for the smaller ones to manouveur into position.

jonny hurlock
26th August 2009, 01:05
so if Jorge at yamaha, possibility that edwards at tech3, whos the forth yahama (tech 3) will be, my guess is elias, btw any other rumours?

jonny hurlock
26th August 2009, 20:41
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78000

caprirex at suzuki for next season

leopard
28th August 2009, 08:39
According to Superbikeplanet, Jorge has officially signed for Yamaha.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2009/Aug/090825a.htm

The big piece of the puzzle is now in place, time for the smaller ones to manouveur into position.
One of puzzles about the next destination for Lorenzo is answered. This left question who will fill Stoner seat if he is not fit to come back to the sport remains unanswered. Perhaps Ducati will wait for more improvement on Kalio performance before they decide him to fill the seat permanently.

NinjaMaster
29th August 2009, 04:53
Stoner has announced that he will be back (woo!) but Ducati has finally had to admit that without him they are in real trouble, hence the huge tilt they had at Jorge. It turns out they also had a lash at trying to get Capirossi back and they have now had minor talks with Pedrosa. Livio Suppo admitted they were disappointed with Hayden's results though they were encouraged with his progress. He couldn't shed any light as yet on whether Nicky will be retained next year. I would assume that Nick will be a fallback if they can't land any of their preferred riders.

leopard
3rd September 2009, 09:54
Was this because no other Ducati riders managed better position than him, I had impression Hayden has been showing improvement on last couple races. Some space is still available procurable for more improvement, but if can last longer this would be good precedence to retain his next year's ride.

Roby44
3rd September 2009, 11:15
Stoner has announced that he will be back (woo!) but Ducati has finally had to admit that without him they are in real trouble, hence the huge tilt they had at Jorge. It turns out they also had a lash at trying to get Capirossi back and they have now had minor talks with Pedrosa. Livio Suppo admitted they were disappointed with Hayden's results though they were encouraged with his progress. He couldn't shed any light as yet on whether Nicky will be retained next year. I would assume that Nick will be a fallback if they can't land any of their preferred riders.

Thats rather poor form isn't it!! asking Loris if he'd like to come back!! I'm so glad he told them what to do with their offer...

Roby44
3rd September 2009, 11:17
Indy MotoGP: Loris Capirossi rejected shock Ducati approach
By Matthew Birt -
MotoGP
28 August 2009 12:35

Loris Capirossi has confirmed he rejected a surprise late approach from Ducati after his new Suzuki deal was announced in Indianapolis.

Capirossi confirmed to MCN yesterday that he was approached about a shock return during the Czech Republic GP earlier this month, which he claims came on the back of a bid by Ducati to re-sign him in Mugello.

MCN understands the bid came from Phillip Morris, with Ducati and Marlboro plunged into crisis by Casey Stoner’s three-race sabbatical to recover from on-going health issues.

Desperate to try and find a replacement for Stoner should the Aussie never return, as has been the subject of intense speculation, Capirossi was sounded out about his interest.

The Italian veteran, who is Ducati’s second most successful rider behind Stoner, quit the Bologna factory in 2007 and he told MCN he has zero interest in returning.

When asked by MCN if he had been targeted, with Ducati at the time also launching a big money raid for Yamaha star Jorge Lorenzo, he said: “Yes, but it’s not my goal.”

Was there anything Ducati could have done to tempt him back after his five-year stint on board a Desmosedici between 2003 and ’07?

“It’s really easy to say, I say no. It was a simple no way, not interested, “said the 36-year-old triple world champion.

Capirossi shunned Ducati’s shock move and instead signed a one-year extension to his current deal with Suzuki. He will partner Spaniard Alvaro Bautista with Aussie Chris Vermeulen dropped.

The Phantom
3rd September 2009, 22:36
Stiggy looks like running Yamahas in WSB next season, after disappointing support from Honda despite their obvious pace this year - I'm salivating at the prospect of Mad John Hopkins on a cross-plane R1... I think he may have a serious chance at the title on that bike, even as a customer bike. He hasn't truly shown his wares since coming over to WSB. Haslam will be no slouch either.

Pantah Jack
4th September 2009, 02:46
Hayden confrimed at Ducati for 2010.... Timely podium last weekend

Rod Richardson
4th September 2009, 03:53
Stiggy looks like running Yamahas in WSB next season, after disappointing support from Honda despite their obvious pace this year - I'm salivating at the prospect of Mad John Hopkins on a cross-plane R1... I think he may have a serious chance at the title on that bike, even as a customer bike. He hasn't truly shown his wares since coming over to WSB. Haslam will be no slouch either.

Well.....that's a surprise so we'll have West who is to ride in WSS again for next season on an R6 on which he can hopefully repeat his previous results on the breed.

The Phantom
4th September 2009, 08:10
And that R6 Westy will be aboard will the the factory R6, by all accounts - as it appears that Yamaha will switching their WSS factory support to Stiggy.

Mach24
4th September 2009, 08:54

Are Hopper and Haslam signed to Stiggy as yet?

4th September 2009, 09:50
Hayden confrimed at Ducati for 2010.... Timely podium last weekend

:up:

racer69
4th September 2009, 20:04
And that R6 Westy will be aboard will the the factory R6, by all accounts - as it appears that Yamaha will switching their WSS factory support to Stiggy.

Interesting, what does that mean for the current squad likely to win this years title with Crutchlow, Yamaha Motor Germany?

Rod Richardson
4th September 2009, 22:00
Spies continuing with Yamaha for 2010 in WSBK and 2011 with satellite team in MotoGP.

Edwards not yet signed up but negotiations are apparently advanced for him to continue with the Tech team next season.

There appears to be no truth in the rumour that Vespa intends running one of their scooters in MotoGp ridden by Willie Nelson. :D

Roby44
5th September 2009, 10:57
There appears to be no truth in the rumour that Vespa intends running one of their scooters in MotoGp ridden by Willie Nelson. :D

Oh bugga!!! :) Was really looking forward to that.... ;)

jonny hurlock
6th September 2009, 14:47
rumours that colin edwards has a contract for next season with tech3,

possibility that honda will have 8 riders for next season, with lcr and scot having 2 riders in each team

another possibility that there is another team coming into motogp next season

Allyc85
6th September 2009, 15:56
And Toselands manager said on the grid that JT could end up at Pramac Ducati next year :)

The Phantom
15th September 2009, 15:39

Interesting, what does that mean for the current squad likely to win this years title with Crutchlow, Yamaha Motor Germany?

The answer seems to have arrived...

http://www.motomatters.com/news/2009/09/15/yamaha_withdraw_from_world_supersport_fr.html

Yamaha plan to completely pull out of WSS in terms of full factory effort, and instead will supply bikes, parts and maybe some technical support to Stiggy.

NinjaMaster
20th September 2009, 12:14
It's being widely reported that Ben Spies has made the decision to switch to MotoGP with Tech3 next season. Rumours of his replacements include Chris Vermeulen, James Toseland, Alex De Angelis and Cal Crutchlow and tend to suggest that poor Tom Sykes will be out of a job despite a generally solid tho unspectacular debut season.

The Phantom
22nd September 2009, 07:45
Sykes performance makes me wonder whether the cross-plane R1 is actually better than any of the other bikes at all... maybe it's completely down to Spies talent, in which case he will certainly be an interesting proposition on an M1.

NinjaMaster
1st October 2009, 13:46
Spies officially to Tech3 next year.

Not really rumour though when it's official.
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Edwards+and+Spies+to+ride+for+Tech+3+in+2010

leopard
2nd October 2009, 03:22
How do you think of this move Ninja, I see Ben S is a fast learner, exceed my expectation on his debut season gives such a challenge and took the lead WSBK. He might be able to do the same on motogp, pulling away faster than we may expect. This could be double sides of coin that he may grab title of WSBK if he wants to stay for another while, but however motogp is always temptation for all riders.

This may lead Toseland to make a switch to Ben's seat on WSBK, unless his future where to go remains unseen.

The Phantom
2nd October 2009, 04:06
Leopard, Toseland appears to have been confirmed as riding Spies old bike in 2010, alongside Cal Crutchlow (so now the pressure is really on Spies and Crutchlow to deliver the title in their respective championships).

And Vermeulen looks like going to Kawasaki in WSB for 2010 - didn't see that one coming, but the ZX-10R showed good pace with wildcards aboard this season and is apparently going to be better in 2010.

leopard
2nd October 2009, 04:37
Actually team like Yamaha on WSBK have to reset the start off every season if they race using new riders and treat the series as transition period for motogp. Perhaps money talks more on how do they arrange the program that is supposed to win at least a title.

So, motogp is only acid test for Toseland and Vermeulen if finally they decide to go back to basic...

Rod Richardson
2nd October 2009, 10:49
Article from MotoGP website.......Looks like Stiggy is up against it given sponsorship problems

Stiggy Racing Honda and S2 Racing end collaboration (http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/1095-stiggy-racing-honda-and-s2-racing-end-collaboration.html)

Friday, 02 October 2009 09:57 http://www.worldsbk.com/images/M_images/printButton.png (http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/1095-stiggy-racing-honda-and-s2-racing-end-collaboration.html?tmpl=component&print=1&layout=default&page=)http://www.worldsbk.com/images/M_images/emailButton.png (http://www.worldsbk.com/en/component/mailto/?tmpl=component&link=aHR0cDovL3d3dy53b3JsZHNiay5jb20vZW4vbmV3cy9sY XRlc3QtbmV3cy8xMDk1LXN0aWdneS1yYWNpbmctaG9uZGEtYW5 kLXMyLXJhY2luZy1lbmQtY29sbGFib3JhdGlvbi5odG1s)
Stiggy Racing Honda will complete the remainder of the 2009 World Superbike and Supersport Championship on its own feet after terminating its partnership with financial provider S2 Racing.
"I am thankful for what the partners of S2 Racing have done for the team," said Stiggy Racing Honda Team owner Johan Stigefelt. S2 Racing has given the team an opportunity that would have been hard to achieve on my own. It is just very disappointing to conclude that they failed to fulfill their commitments with the team throughout the year."

Stigefelt added: "Although I am left in the dark financially, I still feel the responsibility to continue the season in a successful manner and give the support to the team, our riders and our staff to ensure that they, together with our partners and sponsors, continue to be part of a memorable year."

Stigefelt also added that he will soon make an announcement regarding the future of the team and its participation in the 2010 World Superbike and Supersport Championship.

NinjaMaster
2nd October 2009, 15:08
How do you think of this move Ninja, I see Ben S is a fast learner, exceed my expectation on his debut season gives such a challenge and took the lead WSBK. He might be able to do the same on motogp, pulling away faster than we may expect. This could be double sides of coin that he may grab title of WSBK if he wants to stay for another while, but however motogp is always temptation for all riders.

This may lead Toseland to make a switch to Ben's seat on WSBK, unless his future where to go remains unseen.

I think it's a good move Leopard, regardless of whether he wins WSB or not, similar to Vermeulen a few years ago. He now has the stability of a guaranteed 2 years with Yamaha in MotoGP with which to learn and test himself. I really hope he has the goods to be competitive at the pointy end.

Leopard, Toseland appears to have been confirmed as riding Spies old bike in 2010, alongside Cal Crutchlow (so now the pressure is really on Spies and Crutchlow to deliver the title in their respective championships).

And Vermeulen looks like going to Kawasaki in WSB for 2010 - didn't see that one coming, but the ZX-10R showed good pace with wildcards aboard this season and is apparently going to be better in 2010.

Actually, 2011 is the new improved 'radical' ZX10R under the watchful eye of Master Yoda. Next year is further development of the current ZX10R. But anyway, I'm doing cartwheels here! Finally Kawasaki SBK seem serious and have signed a rider of genuine championship contender calibre. With some further testing and decent backing, I reckon there will be a number of more fancied rivals given a regular hurry-up. With Yamaha being team pommie in WSB, hopefully Kwak will be team Aus with Parkesy alongside Chris the V! :up:

So who is gonna partner Rea at Ten Kate and Neukirchner at Suzuki now if it ain't Toseland or Vermeulen? Surely Checa's done nothing to deserve to keep his ride (like most of his career) and Kiyonari has been the disappointment of the season. Kagayama is out at Zook so who is his replacement? Elias, De Angelis, Haslam, Sykes, Byrne?

alleskids
3rd October 2009, 12:52
So for the moment the 2010 grid is:
FIAT Yamaha: Valentino Rossi / Jorge Lorenzo
Tech 3 Yamaha: Colin Edwards / Ben Spiess
Repsol Honda: Dani Pedrosa / Andrea Dovizioso
Gresini Honda: Marco Melandri / Marco Simmoncelli
LCR Honda: Randi Du Puniet / ?
Scot Honda: ? / ?
Marlboro Ducati: Casey Stoner / Nick Hayden
Pramac Ducati: Mika Kalio / Niccolo Canepa ?
Aspar Ducati: Hector Barbera
Suzuki: Alvaro Bautista / Loris Caparossi
and a BMW team ?

NinjaMaster
3rd October 2009, 14:02
and a BMW team ?
I think Canepa is out at Pramac, DeAngelis, Elias or Aleix Espargaro would be the likely replacement I would think. Hiroshi Aoyama could deservedly get a ride with LCR or Scot and Talmacsi has a big sponsor that could see him ride for one of those teams or maybe Pramac.
I don't think there will be a BMW team, they pulled the plug on that to go superbike racing. There is a possible Eskil Suter team though.

And we won't have to wait til next year to see Ben Spies in MotoGP. He's wildcarding in Valencia, possibly with Jordan sponsorship.

jonny hurlock
3rd October 2009, 14:09
Ben Spies at valenicia as a wild card

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/153091/1/ben_spies_to_race_valencia_motogp.html

imo about spies like his attitude, like him overall, the only reason his on that bike next season, how many bikes they can sell in america, basically impatient wainting till the end of the season if his world sbk or not, fell sorry for james losing his ride and the same for chris, btw if Yamaha wanted james too, why not yamaha give him fifth bike in motogp whereas Ducati (five bikes) and Honda (possibly eight bikes for next season)can do it, also they done it in the past (2003)

jonny hurlock
3rd October 2009, 16:18
btw if Yamaha wanted james too, why not yamaha give him fifth bike in motogp whereas Ducati (five bikes) and Honda (possibly eight bikes for next season)can do it, also they done it in the past (2003)

i meant to say if yamaha wanted spies in motogp and want to keep toseland as well why not a fifth yamaha bike

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/153106/1/2010_moto2_entry_list_revealed.html

moto2 list, return of roberts yeah.

CaptainRaiden
3rd October 2009, 17:51
btw if Yamaha wanted james too, why not yamaha give him fifth bike in motogp whereas Ducati (five bikes) and Honda (possibly eight bikes for next season)can do it, also they done it in the past (2003)

Well, that's because Toseland has shown absolutely nothing in his two years in MotoGP to earn him a ride next season. Colin Edwards is another worthless MotoGP rider, but at least he gets a podium once in a blue moon. But still I don't know how he has managed to keep his ride this long. IMO, Edwards, Toseland and Vermuelen, all should be sent back to SBK. Well, 2 out of three gone, I expect Edwards to make the seat vacant next year when he gets beaten by Spies.

Although I'm still skeptical about how Ben Spies will do in MotoGP, because all great SBK riders have come and failed in MotoGP. But I am sure that he can at least beat Edwards without any problems.

Rod Richardson
4th October 2009, 00:25
Well, that's because Toseland has shown absolutely nothing in his two years in MotoGP to earn him a ride next season. Colin Edwards is another worthless MotoGP rider, but at least he gets a podium once in a blue moon. But still I don't know how he has managed to keep his ride this long. IMO, Edwards, Toseland and Vermuelen, all should be sent back to SBK. Well, 2 out of three gone, I expect Edwards to make the seat vacant next year when he gets beaten by Spies.

Although I'm still skeptical about how Ben Spies will do in MotoGP, because all great SBK riders have come and failed in MotoGP. But I am sure that he can at least beat Edwards without any problems.

MMMMMMMMM!...........Edwards worthless eh!......You just have to wonder how he got to 6th place in the points race bettered only by the likes of Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Stoner and Dovisioso........amazing how that could happen. Slack bugger is only ahead of 11 others in a field of 17.

jonny hurlock
4th October 2009, 00:51
i meant to say if yamaha wanted spies in motogp and want to keep toseland as well why not a fifth yamaha bike

that the question i'm asking

your opinion was quite harsh on superbikes riders coming into motogp, so if u don't really like superbike drivers ben spies will flop as-well with your opinion? because i felt vermuelen done a good job with suzuki but faded away for last season, with toseland his done a 10x better job then hodson and byrne put together.

NinjaMaster
4th October 2009, 07:15

Whilst I agree that Toseland has deserved demotion, he's gone backwards this year. Vermeulen too, though the Suzuki was a very ordinary bike but he's been comfortably beaten by his teammate. But I don't understand the slagging of Edwards. Seems another ageist opinion to me. No, he's not going to be MotoGP world champ but who is, outside of the top 4, the aliens, Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner? He could well be the next best rider behind those guys come the years end. I don't see how a performance like that is worthless. And time will tell if Spies is much better. I think any of Colin, Chris or James would take it right up to Ben in WSB.

harsha
4th October 2009, 08:30
I like Vermuelen...think he has decent pace...no he is not gonna be a world champion unless you are counting on a Hayden'ish win

The Phantom
4th October 2009, 12:17
Edwards is probably one of the best in the field when it comes to team/sponsor commitments, and this like it or not is how you need to play the game in the modern age. He's also an excellent development rider and turns in a pretty good result in most races. Maybe he's stopping a young gun from moving up but I reckon he's earned his ride over the years and it's fun having him in the class.

Vermeulen has over the years become well known for lapping at the pace of the leaders towards the end of races, it's just a shame he never got a good factory bike... I think he'd be at Edwards level on a Tech3 and a podium contender on a Fiat Yamaha or Repsol Honda. Ahh well, I'm looking forward to seeing him back in WSB.

CaptainRaiden
4th October 2009, 17:29
MMMMMMMMM!...........Edwards worthless eh!......You just have to wonder how he got to 6th place in the points race bettered only by the likes of Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Stoner and Dovisioso........amazing how that could happen. Slack bugger is only ahead of 11 others in a field of 17.

that the question i'm asking

your opinion was quite harsh on superbikes riders coming into motogp, so if u don't really like superbike drivers ben spies will flop as-well with your opinion? because i felt vermuelen done a good job with suzuki but faded away for last season, with toseland his done a 10x better job then hodson and byrne put together.

Whilst I agree that Toseland has deserved demotion, he's gone backwards this year. Vermeulen too, though the Suzuki was a very ordinary bike but he's been comfortably beaten by his teammate. But I don't understand the slagging of Edwards. Seems another ageist opinion to me. No, he's not going to be MotoGP world champ but who is, outside of the top 4, the aliens, Rossi, Lorenzo, Pedrosa and Stoner? He could well be the next best rider behind those guys come the years end. I don't see how a performance like that is worthless. And time will tell if Spies is much better. I think any of Colin, Chris or James would take it right up to Ben in WSB.

Well, let me explain. I wanted to say that Edwards is not quite a frontrunner in MotoGP, maybe "worthless" came out as a bit harsh. :D I say Edwards is not the real deal for these reasons:

1. He was in two top tier teams, Movistar Honda, and then the factory Yamaha team partnering Rossi, and all he could achieve were two very rare podiums if I remember correctly. A rider of his pedigree in Superbikes, he should have at least won a race.

2. Him and Toseland are on 2009 M1s. Agreed, they don't have factory support like Rossi and Lorenzo, but they ought to be doing much better than what they are now. And while I'm saying that, I agree that he can't really do much better than finishing 5th right now. But I would also say that Tech 3 would be better off with a much talented rider.

That's all.

Jarman
5th October 2009, 08:45
and a BMW team ?

Paolo Campinoti said in the spanish tv during the race, that Aleix Espargaró will ride with Pramac Ducati in 2010 (http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20091004/espargaro-aposenta-motogp/295043.shtml), and Aoyama will ride with a new Honda team (http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/Aoyama+to+ride+in+premier+class+next+season)

NinjaMaster
5th October 2009, 09:00
Well, let me explain. I wanted to say that Edwards is not quite a frontrunner in MotoGP, maybe "worthless" came out as a bit harsh. :D I say Edwards is not the real deal for these reasons:

1. He was in two top tier teams, Movistar Honda, and then the factory Yamaha team partnering Rossi, and all he could achieve were two very rare podiums if I remember correctly. A rider of his pedigree in Superbikes, he should have at least won a race.

2. Him and Toseland are on 2009 M1s. Agreed, they don't have factory support like Rossi and Lorenzo, but they ought to be doing much better than what they are now. And while I'm saying that, I agree that he can't really do much better than finishing 5th right now. But I would also say that Tech 3 would be better off with a much talented rider.

That's all.

That's fair enough reasoning. I guess my argument would be that there isn't really much more talented riders around. Colin is a gun rider.
On the top tier teams, I remember reading that his Movistar ride was thoroughly overrated, that he was last in line for new parts and the good Michelin tires, hence he left for Yamaha. Edwards described his time with the Yamaha factory team as a double edged sword. On one hand, the equipment was excellent but on the other hand, if things weren't going so well on the other side of the garage then all the focus went there and he was essentially forgotten about, hence the higher highs and lower lows of his results there. That he has been far more consistent as the lead rider with constant attention at Tech3 tends to support that claim.

leopard
5th October 2009, 11:17
The last two years of Edwards at Yamaha Factory were when the bike was not on form. So it's difficult to judge whether or not he should have won at least a race. Rossi could not retain the title for two years at that time. The situation might be different whether he rode for his own favor or as far as possible to play supportive role on Rossi, than today that enable two riders have the same opportunity to perform development and deserve the same support from the team.

His current team although Yamaha claimed they gave the same spec of bike to all team they supplied, it's open secret that main parts will always go to the factory team besides more development immensely carried out. Edwards in many occasions outperforms his teammate, this may indicate that he is fairly good. At the end if we have to compare the strength I get feeling that Lorenzo is better.

patnicholls
5th October 2009, 12:48
I was a bit down on Colin during his time at Gresini and particularly at Fiat Yamaha, but he was clearly the second rider on those bikes (with hindsight) and has been able to grab the clear advantage over James this year at Tech 3 which has restored his reputation. You could argue that the crew-chief swap completely backfired on James - Guy Coulon being the one with the greater reputation as far as I'm aware.

---

In other news, the official MotoGP site is reporting that Hiro Aoyama will be in the main class next year on a team being started by Daniel Epp (who runs Thomas Luthi's 250 team, I think), on a Honda obviously.

---

And, the Moto2 teams list has been published:

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2009/moto2+announcement

...with 39 seats up for grabs!

alleskids
5th October 2009, 16:38
The ONDE 2000 project with Sete Gibernau is over, or wil they come back, maybe with a different rider?

leopard
6th October 2009, 05:03
I think it's a good move Leopard, regardless of whether he wins WSB or not, similar to Vermeulen a few years ago. He now has the stability of a guaranteed 2 years with Yamaha in MotoGP with which to learn and test himself. I really hope he has the goods to be competitive at the pointy end.

It's preferable to leave the series in happy ending, the probability stands for nearly fifty-fifty for both Ben and Nori. This year is one of seasons exciting where the last round will decide the winner.

From last year's result Ducati was strong at Portimao, Yamaha riders Corser finished couple distances behind Ducati riders while Haga was struggling. It looks the track didn't suit Haga situation which Ben seems to take advantage from his cleverness illustrating to ride at any track totally new.

However the strength of Ducati may favor Haga to fix his last year's problem and chase the title after winning the race.

Let's wait.

NinjaMaster
8th October 2009, 10:32
Kawasaki have had a fairly lean period on the tarmac over recent years but off the beaten track things have been far more successful. To continue this trend, Monster Kawasaki look like running a fairly solid lineup of Chad Reed and Ryan Vilopoto in AMA Motocross and Supercross next year. Love it! :up:

http://www.mxlarge.com/news/2855-chad-reed-on-monster-energy-kawasaki

http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/First-Look-Chad-Reed-on-a-Kawasaki,3835/Chad-Reed-and-Ryan-Villopoto,20941/GuyB,64

Mach24
13th October 2009, 00:46
Sylvain Guintoli and Leon Haslam have been confirmed at Suzuki Alstare in 2010.

patnicholls
13th October 2009, 12:55
Yep, WSB is coming together with Haslam and Guintoli to Alstare Suzuki after Max Neukirchner has been sacked.

Neukirchner looks to be going to Ten Kate to partner Jonathan Rea (great lineup), leaving Carlos Checa and Ryuichi Kiyonari out of rides.

Yukio Kagayama will return to Britain to take Guintoli's place at Crescent Suzuki - a seat he held in 2003/4.

Tom Sykes will be partnering Chris Vermeulen at Paul Bird's WSB Kawasaki squad, and Birdy says he's possibly hoping to run a bike in BSB and British Supersport as well.

NinjaMaster
14th October 2009, 11:54
Yep, WSB is coming together with Haslam and Guintoli to Alstare Suzuki after Max Neukirchner has been sacked.

Neukirchner looks to be going to Ten Kate to partner Jonathan Rea (great lineup), leaving Carlos Checa and Ryuichi Kiyonari out of rides.

Yukio Kagayama will return to Britain to take Guintoli's place at Crescent Suzuki - a seat he held in 2003/4.

Tom Sykes will be partnering Chris Vermeulen at Paul Bird's WSB Kawasaki squad, and Birdy says he's possibly hoping to run a bike in BSB and British Supersport as well.

It is a great lineup but I reckon all the Japanese manufacturers have great lineups.
Ten Kate Honda - Jonathon Rea, Max Neukirchner
Yamaha WSB - James Toseland, Cal Crutchlow
Alstare Suzuki - Silvain Guintoli, Leon Haslam
PBR Kawasaki - Chris Vermeulen, Tom Sykes

The Euro brands are also strong with Ducati (as always) the pick of them.
Xerox Ducati - Nori Haga, Michel Fabrizio
WSB Aprilia - Max Biaggi, Shinya Nakano(?)
BMW Motorrad - Troy Corser, Ruben Xaus

Is it possible that next year could be even better than this year? I hope so!

patnicholls
14th October 2009, 12:02
True, you've gotta think that Xerox Duc, the Yamahas and Ten Kate will consider themselves title contenders with Suzuki, Biaggi + 1 and the Kawasakis and BMWs being dark horses by comparison but still podium threats on their day.

It certainly does look very strong again. Factor in a some quick private Ducatis and a rumoured second Aprilia team (for Shakey and Leon Camier) and things are just as good as this year already.

Rod Richardson
17th October 2009, 08:43
Carlos Checa to ride in WSBK for Althea Ducati in 2010. Second rider not yet named.
Commentators at MotoGP practice at Phillip Island were talking about Camier going to Moto2..............can't see it myself. I thought the deal with Yamaha Tech 3 was done and dusted.

Wim_Impreza
17th October 2009, 10:47
Again a season with Checa. :(

Corny
17th October 2009, 11:16
Again a season with Checa. :(

:D haha.. He's lucky to be Spaniard that's for sure

Rod Richardson
17th October 2009, 11:47
HARLEY DAVIDSON TO SELL MV AGUSTA AND CEASE PRODUCTION OF BUELL RANGE.
Varese, Italy, 15 October 2009 - Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE: HOG) today announced its third quarter financial results and unveiled key elements of its go-forward business strategy to drive growth through a single-minded focus on the unique strengths of the Harley-Davidson® brand. As part of this strategy, the Company will divest its MV Agusta unit and also discontinue the Buell® product line.
http://www.roadracerx.com/news/h-d-to-sell-mv-agusta-close-buell/

jonny hurlock
17th October 2009, 15:27
rumour: rossi to ducati for 2010 or 2011?!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79513

harsha
17th October 2009, 16:15
It's no secret that Duke always wanted Rossi in their team...but i reckon the sponsorship of Marlboro will have to go in that case....

racer69
18th October 2009, 08:40
It would likely be Marlboro funding any move of Rossi from Yamaha to Ducati (if it were to happen next year)

Carlos Checa to ride in WSBK for Althea Ducati in 2010. Second rider not yet named.
Commentators at MotoGP practice at Phillip Island were talking about Camier going to Moto2..............can't see it myself. I thought the deal with Yamaha Tech 3 was done and dusted.

Camier or Spies?

Rod Richardson
18th October 2009, 11:34
Racer 69.......Sorry about the mix-up...It was only one of those rumour things about Camier going to Tech 3 but I can't find the article although it could well have been in relation to the possibility of him going with Tech 3 in Moto 2.

Rod Richardson
23rd October 2009, 22:45
West kicking stones around the paddock at Portimao this weekend.

West is foraging around in the paddock in the hope that one of the teams will give him a ride during the tests that follow.........Good rider but has had a pretty rocky career ........ Someone give him a good R6 !!!!!

tha_jackal
25th October 2009, 05:43
really hope Ant can get something sorted.

deserves to remain on the world stage IMO.

28th October 2009, 02:52
Is John Hopkins returning in 2010 and does he have a ride? Will there be new commentators for WSBK? - just wishful thinking on my part I know, but please post the minute there's a teeniest hint of a change.

Mach24
28th October 2009, 23:57
Is John Hopkins returning in 2010 and does he have a ride? Will there be new commentators for WSBK? - just wishful thinking on my part I know, but please post the minute there's a teeniest hint of a change.

I guess the WSBK future of Little Johnny Hopper hinges on Stiggy.

If, and it appears a big IF, Stiggy return, I am sure they will be looking at Hopper.

31st October 2009, 11:30
There are 2 video clips posted on youtube by Hopper's wife Ashleigh. Part 2 clip shows the damage he sustained to his hand ....well have a look. Really feel for the guy. http://www.youtube.com/user/ashleigh7leo

Roby44
1st November 2009, 04:40
It is a great lineup but I reckon all the Japanese manufacturers have great lineups.
Ten Kate Honda - Jonathon Rea, Max Neukirchner
Yamaha WSB - James Toseland, Cal Crutchlow
Alstare Suzuki - Silvain Guintoli, Leon Haslam
PBR Kawasaki - Chris Vermeulen, Tom Sykes

The Euro brands are also strong with Ducati (as always) the pick of them.
Xerox Ducati - Nori Haga, Michel Fabrizio
WSB Aprilia - Max Biaggi, Shinya Nakano(?)
BMW Motorrad - Troy Corser, Ruben Xaus

Is it possible that next year could be even better than this year? I hope so!

Shinya Nakano has announced his retirement from racing......

NinjaMaster
1st November 2009, 10:14
Shinya Nakano has announced his retirement from racing......
Yes, Leon Camier would be the obvious (and deserving) replacement given his Portimao results - racing and testing.

Rod Richardson
4th November 2009, 12:20
It's no rumour but Godbye to Buell video

http://bikerpunks.com/category/2/videos2.html?listtype=newest

Corny
5th November 2009, 12:26
Ducati's testrider will be the teammanager next year of the factory Ducati team

And now rumours tell that Livio Suppo will move to HRC.. That would be a good step for HRC IMO

7th November 2009, 12:09
So, where to for Tardozzi then? We won't know the truth of whether he was being pressured to "manage" Fabrizio to aid Nori Haga's championship bid, it's certainly not what Haga wanted. Maybe Tardozzi's motivation wasn't the same after Bayliss left, but anyway his departure from Ducati could be another team's gain.

STU69
9th November 2009, 20:02
Definately some mouthwatering lineups next season and even more changes to come in year after with Rossi sayind he wont be teammates with Jorge in 2011! Anyone got any ideas on dates of WSBK calendar release for 2010?

Roby44
10th November 2009, 11:09
Phillip ISland 26th to 28th February 2010

Rod Richardson
10th November 2009, 11:31
Article appeared on crash.net site

MOTOGP (http://www.crash.net/motogp) »
Rossi: It's me or Lorenzo at Yamaha in 2011!
During an interview with the BBC, Valentino Rossi warned that Yamaha must choose between keeping him or team-mate Jorge Lorenzo for the 2011 MotoGP season.

"Yamaha have to decide between me and Jorge for 2011," he said. "I have a great option to join Ducati."

Lorenzo has been Rossi's closest rival this year, only losing the title to the nine time world champion at the penultimate round of the season.

Rossi has repeatedly stated his displeasure at developing a bike that will also benefit his closest championship rival. 2009 marks the first time that Rossi's team-mate has finished second in the championship.

Both Rossi and Lorenzo will remain at Fiat Yamaha next season.

Roby44
11th November 2009, 12:01
Apparently Valentino said that in an interview prior to the race last weekend..A friend heard / saw it on BBC or what ever station it is they watch in the UK...

MAybe he is Ducati bound after all...

alleskids
11th November 2009, 20:42
Scot Racing announced it will leave MotoGP, focusing exclusively on the new category Moto2. In a press release, Cyrano Mularoni, director of the 250cc winning team with Hiroshi Aoyama, reveals that the decision is due to Honda's inability to provide a bike for next season due to failure to meet deadlines for applications.
"After the meet by winning the title in the 250cc class, is a big disappointment for me and the whole team that we have no real reward for all the work done over the years," says the news site of the team, adding that "Now we just have to focus on the project for Moto2.

Alex de Angelis had already agreed to compete with the Scot in 2010.

Roby44
12th November 2009, 11:52
And My Roby is back!! He's racing in Moto2!!

jonny hurlock
13th November 2009, 13:32
no scot racing in motogp next season, so no alex de Angelis in the team for next season

http://moto.gpupdate.net/en/news/2009/11/11/scot-racing-pulls-out-of-championship/

shakey byrne will be racing with althea ducati next year teaming up with carlos checa

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/154614/1/shane_byrne_signs_for_althea_ducati.html

tommi hill sign for crescent next season with Yukio Kagayama

http://www.crash.net/british+superbikes/news/154581/1/tommy_hill_signs_for_worx_crescent_suzuki.html

and the big one: neil hodgson back in bsb with rob mac yamaha for next season with dan linfoot as team mate, just needs stalker (chris walker) with a top ride and its back to the future lol : )

http://www.crash.net/british+superbikes/news/154592/1/neil_hodgson_back_in_british_superbike.html

http://www.crash.net/british+superbikes/news/154609/1/linfoot_joins_hodgson_at_motorpoint_yamaha.html

jonny hurlock
13th November 2009, 13:33
btw scott smart will be back in bsb with a ducati

http://www.crash.net/british+superbikes/news/154622/1/smart_ducati_return_with_moto_rapido.html

patnicholls
27th November 2009, 00:20
Not a rumour but a confirmation:

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/1287-parkes-signs-for-new-world-superbike-team-echo-crs-honda-racing.html

Broc Parkes to remain in WSB but with the Echo CRS Honda team who will move up from WSS and run at least one ex-Stiggy Honda.

My thoughts: I'm not Broc's biggest fan although he's a solid WSS runner (opinion vindicated by Cal storming to the title on Broc's former seat) and he did beat Tamada this year. The team was a shower of [proverbials] last year in WSS with Russel Holland and Fabrizio Lai walking out in disgust before half-way but if they've got the ex-Stiggy machines they've got half a start at least. Rumours put Kiyo as possibly a second rider although things aren't clear.

Good look to them, at least! WSB has a strong lineup already and 'surprise' entries like this can only help numbers.

NinjaMaster
27th November 2009, 11:56
I'm a massive Broc fan tho I realise he isn't likely to be a world champ, he's still a very good rider. Whilst I'm pleased he has a ride for next year (and I think he's a better superbike rider than supersport), I would have preferred him in a strong WSS team than a new likely also-ran WSB team. Hopefully the union proves more fruitful than I fear.

Mach24
30th November 2009, 09:55
Seems there is now talk of Yoshimura Suzuki out of Japan making the full move to WSBK in 2010.

NinjaMaster
1st December 2009, 11:25
Seems there is now talk of Yoshimura Suzuki out of Japan making the full move to WSBK in 2010.

Only select rounds I believe. Possibly running Kagayama during his weekends off from BSB.

axxexs
1st December 2009, 19:58
I guess the WSBK future of Little Johnny Hopper hinges on Stiggy.

If, and it appears a big IF, Stiggy return, I am sure they will be looking at Hopper.

Looks like there will not be any Stiggy team next year..

jonny hurlock
1st December 2009, 21:39
Looks like there will not be any Stiggy team next year..

also, looks like no gse yamaha next season in bsb

http://www.crash.net/british+superbikes/news/155036/1/gse_on_brink_of_bsb_withdrawal.html

Allyc85
2nd December 2009, 18:40
Would be shocking for there to be no GSE with their history and the amazing season that theyve just had. Fingers crossed they can find some backing from somewhere :)

3rd December 2009, 07:15
What are the chances of Kiyonari getting a ride? I think he is a much better rider than what we saw this year.

patnicholls
14th December 2009, 13:33
The Stiggy team's unfortunate demise confirmed today - a big shame.

axxexs
14th December 2009, 21:53
"The Stiggy Racing Honda team has under it's five years of participation been very successful, but never the less found it self put in a difficult economical situation and has been forced to withdrawal from the Superbike and Supersport World Championships in 2010
The decision has been made after an close evaluation of the teams poor economical situation which was created during this years expanded venture by participating in both Championship classes. A hugh financial project that was poorly executed by the teams investors as a result of failure to it's financial commitments of the 2009 season.
The Stiggy Racing Honda team has since its beginning shown great potential. Starting up in 2005 in the SSP class slowly building it's ground in the championship and year by year advancing to finally set a solid mark as a top contender in the Championship. The team managed its best result in 2008 by finishing third in the SSP championship with Australian rider Joshua Brookes.
Being a private team in a Championship like Superbike, consisting of seven factory teams means not only stiff competition on track but also means a beforehand financial weakness, making it very difficult to survive without a solid financial backup and support from it's surroundings. Despite financial disadvantages the team has been able to achieve incredible performance in its SBK rookie year. Debuting the season with a third place podium finish, repeating another three podiums places during the season including 11 top five finishes. Giving Leon Halsam the title as best privateer rider, taking a sixth place in the Championship. The team ended its year as the fifth best ranked team in both SSP and SBK classes 2009.
A magnificent result by everyone involved with the Stiggy Racing Honda team since its beginning. An achievement to be proud of and by that finishing it's career with heads held high."

//Stiggy Racing Honda

axxexs
15th December 2009, 20:56
The other Swedish team in WSS 600, VEIDEC Racing, is also going to stop racing in the world championship. Dont have any press realese from them but in the december number of the Swedish magazine "Highsider" the team owner Milan says he will stop in WSS after 3 years there and they is going to concentrate on there Swedish national SBK-team instead.

Glen 320
16th December 2009, 17:35
any news where Chris Walker will be next year?

TheFamousEccles
19th December 2009, 08:02
Further BMW news - http://www.mcnews.com.au/ has a report that Andrew Pitt will be riding a private BMW for Reitwagen BMW - Stiggy as Technical Manager and Peter Goddard as Chassis Engineer.

Hope this marks a ramping up of BMW's intensity regarding WSBK, (that would be good...), they have too strong a pedigree to be wobbling around mid-pack.

NinjaMaster
23rd December 2009, 11:30
Further BMW news - http://www.mcnews.com.au/ has a report that Andrew Pitt will be riding a private BMW for Reitwagen BMW - Stiggy as Technical Manager and Peter Goddard as Chassis Engineer.

Hope this marks a ramping up of BMW's intensity regarding WSBK, (that would be good...), they have too strong a pedigree to be wobbling around mid-pack.

BMW were always going to be mid-pack this year with the depth of talent currently available in WSB. They will be improved next year, more consistently top 10 but with all of Corser, Xaus and Pitt passed their best, the Bavarian marque won't be frontrunners I don't think.

Also of news, Johnny Hopper has apparently signed to race/ride/test in MotoGP for the new FB Corse team. It seems another case of is it better to be on poor equipment in the right paddock or on good equipment in a lesser paddock. Good luck to him, he's too good not to be on a good grid.

Finally, I'm hearing stronger rumours of Casey Stoner leaving Ducati and heading for Big Red in 2011. I wonder what odds are currently available on a Stoner-Honda, Rossi-Ducati lineup in 2011...

patnicholls
23rd December 2009, 11:58
A confirmation rather than a rumour, but best in here probably: Ryuichi Kiyonari will be back in BSB next year with HM Plant Honda (the team he took the title with in 2006 and 2007) alongside Josh Brookes. A shame he couldn't produce consistently in WSB but that's the nature of the beast and he will of course be an asset to BSB once again as will Yukio Kagayama who'll be back with his old team from 2003/4 at Crescent Suzuki [the seat vacated by Sylvain Guintoli].

GSE are still struggling for sponsorship so their participation is currently in doubt, but hopefully it'll come through for them.

----

Not sure I agree on BMW's prospects of improving much to be honest - for their first year I thought they did a very solid job considering their lack of top-line race bike building experience but it's a tight field and if you're a little bit off you'll be at the bottom end of the points or worse. Not to mention the great job that Aprilia and *picks up humble pie* Max Biaggi did last year and with Leon Camier on board they should have another rider in the top ten ish.

Pitty may be helped by being with a small privateer squad with less pressure than Ten Kate, but realistically I see him being at the tail end of the points (and team-mate Resch propping up the field).

Still can't understand why Yamaha don't put a decent satellite squad together to help out the Yam Italia bikes though - I understand GMT94 have gone back to just enduro and French champ racing so there are literally just the two bikes from Meregalli's squad for them so far.

NinjaMaster
23rd December 2009, 23:41
Not sure I agree on BMW's prospects of improving much to be honest - for their first year I thought they did a very solid job considering their lack of top-line race bike building experience but it's a tight field and if you're a little bit off you'll be at the bottom end of the points or worse. Not to mention the great job that Aprilia and *picks up humble pie* Max Biaggi did last year and with Leon Camier on board they should have another rider in the top ten ish.

Pitty may be helped by being with a small privateer squad with less pressure than Ten Kate, but realistically I see him being at the tail end of the points (and team-mate Resch propping up the field).

By improving, I mean they'll be much more consistent top 10 runners. To really improve they need a gun (title challenging) rider and Corser is still very good but no longer anywhere near his peak and Xaus, Pitt and Resch aren't of the calibre of Troy. MotoMatters is now reporting Davide Tardozzi joining BMW so I guess my expectations of improvement have raised slightly more as well.

GSE are still struggling for sponsorship so their participation is currently in doubt, but hopefully it'll come through for them.

Still can't understand why Yamaha don't put a decent satellite squad together to help out the Yam Italia bikes though - I understand GMT94 have gone back to just enduro and French champ racing so there are literally just the two bikes from Meregalli's squad for them so far.

It would appear the Yamaha is an expensive beastie to run competitively. I'm starting to think the big-bang R1 may well be the new RC45 - only competitive in factory guise. And it would appear that Yamaha are concentrating their funds on their MotoGP and WSB teams with little support elsewhere, hence the end of their WSS team and apparently lots of privateer WSS runners are leaving the tuning forks for Honda and Kawasaki machinery.

24th December 2009, 05:04
[quote="patnicholls"]A confirmation rather than a rumour, but best in here probably: Ryuichi Kiyonari will be back in BSB next year with HM Plant Honda (the team he took the title with in 2006 and 2007) alongside Josh Brookes. A shame he couldn't produce consistently in WSB but that's the nature of the beast and he will of course be an asset to BSB once again as will Yukio Kagayama who'll be back with his old team from 2003/4 at Crescent Suzuki [the seat vacated by Sylvain Guintoli].

Thanks for Kiyonari info Pat. I wish him well back in BSB. I'm happy that Kagayama has returned to BSB as his WSBK crashes were getting very hard to watch. I would watch yet another crash and wonder how much a body could take. I feel that same about Hopper (re the crashes) so I hope his return to motogp goes well.

TheFamousEccles
24th December 2009, 07:46
Finally, I'm hearing stronger rumours of Casey Stoner leaving Ducati and heading for Big Red in 2011. I wonder what odds are currently available on a Stoner-Honda, Rossi-Ducati lineup in 2011...

That's an interesting scenario.

What might be even cooler (though I am only making this up) is a Rossi / Stoner pairing at Ducati. I would guess that there might be a wall in the pit box there, too ;)

NinjaMaster
3rd January 2010, 01:16
Roger Lee Hayden has WSB an American presence for 2010 by signing with the Pedercini Kawasaki team.
http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/1340-roger-lee-hayden-joins-pedercini-kawasaki-for-2010-season.html

Also, Fabien Foret will race with the Lorenzini team on a ZX6R in WSS.
http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/1336-foret-gets-down-to-business-with-kawasaki-lorenzini.html

Hiroshi Aoyama will run number 7 in MotoGP next season. His usual number 4 is taken by Dovizioso so he's taken 7 out of inspiration from Daijiro Kato.
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/155622/1/new_aoyama_number_inspired_by_daijiro_kato.html

buddie
3rd January 2010, 11:08
Its strange that James Ellison does not have a ride in any championship.
I am going to re cap on his career.
British CB 500 Champion no offers
World Endurance Champion . Not offers the following year.
Two times European champion No offers the following years
Back to European championship 1/4 way through season having no ride
and finishes Third in Championship.
British Privater Champion /Jentin goes on to (replace injured Chris Burns)
Races for WCM on prototype Blata bike.
Motogp again Test rider for Dunlop in race situation
Ama Privateer Team
Back to BSB Privateer Team Mixed it with Factory bikes all year finished 5th in Champ[ionship
Rides with GSE / runner up in Championship
No offers.
World Endurance last round 2009 Puts bike in Pole position finishes
in second place elevates Team into 6th from 18th in standings.
YET all other Ridersin last years BSB have rides/s.
No crash Damage bill from Ellison and finished every round in the points.
Confused

Rod Richardson
3rd January 2010, 13:05
Quote....."Its strange that James Ellison does not have a ride in any championship."

Yeah but..........may have to do with the lack of sponsorship funds he could bring with him! Having the raw talent is one thing but getting off the butt and marketing yourself to obtain sponsorship or having a manager do so is another.

The ongoing survival of the sport relies on sponsorship and I've said this before ........The marketing benefits need to exist to justify sponsors putting up their hard-earned funds to sponsor a rider (or team) but if the rider is not seen as a marketable proposition or tv coverage does not include reasonable footage of all bikes or riders showing the sponsor's name(s) or logos then it would be money down the drain.

IMO series organizers should address this important issue and encourage the tv rights holders to provide reasonable coverage of all competitors and their bikes with a view to attracting more sponsors and funding.

buddie
3rd January 2010, 16:32
Well as for sponsorship. Its not easy to obtain. There are many people working on his behalf trying to get sponsorship. Do the Mechanics or team Managers have to Bring in Sponsorship? Do the Brolly Babes or Security men and woman at the Gates Have to Bring in Sponsorship. Does the guy who makes a mint selling Burgers Team Clopthing Photographs and Merchandise have to Bring in Sponsorship.
It seems to me that the only people NOT making a Living are the Riders themselves.

NinjaMaster
8th January 2010, 12:13
Sadly Ellison's problem isn't unique. Half the factory riders in the U.S. are out of a ride at them moment. Sign of the times unfortunately (economically and administratively). And if you want to talk riders not making a living from riding, most Aussie racers, including 'factory' riders all work a day job.

patnicholls
8th January 2010, 12:58
Sad to see that things look quiet at GSE, although I *presumed* that if they didn't show James Ellison would be back with Hydrex Honda alongside Stuart Easton (the second seat is still unconfirmed)?

buddie
8th January 2010, 18:20
Well Rod its always been the same old same old for as long as I can remember and thats a long long time.

axxexs
12th January 2010, 19:26
There is a new Swedish WSS team this year. Cresto Guide Racing Team. The team boss and cheif mechanic is one of the mechanic from the Stiggy team. The rider is the 23 year old Alexander Lundh. They will be at the Portimáo test next week.

http://www.highsider.se/images/page31/lundh_till_vm.JPG

http://www.highsider.se/images/page31/lundh_till_vm%20(1).JPG

Rod Richardson
13th January 2010, 07:55
It's shaping up to be a cracker year of racing particularly in the WSBK and BSB series'..............frustrating waiting for time to pass just like the kids in the back seat on a trip.......................you know... those ankle- biters who keep asking "Are we there yet?" or "How far have we got to go?"

PS.....My son found the cure for that...........He always takes a bag of sweets with him on trips and promises that the kids can have them on arrival at the destination but warns them that every time one of them asks one of those questions, he will throw one of the sweets out of the window.

17th January 2010, 02:07
Looks like Hopper has an opportunity to ride in the AMA Superbike Series. Crash.net reports that he is testing the Suzuki GSX-R1000 for M4Hammer team.

NinjaMaster
18th January 2010, 07:21
Looks like Hopper has an opportunity to ride in the AMA Superbike Series. Crash.net reports that he is testing the Suzuki GSX-R1000 for M4Hammer team.
...Yet FB Corse are still saying that he will ride for them in the MotoGP class this year. Both rides leave him on a hiding to nothing imo. :(

patnicholls
18th January 2010, 13:06
Motomatters is carrying a (leaked) list of WSB and WSS entries:

http://www.motomatters.com/news/2010/01/14/23_world_superbikes_and_18_world_supersp.html

Both lists are a few down on last year (although WSB isn't by much compared with the end of last year and I expect another couple to show up pre-season). WSS has dropped a fair few after the collapse of Stiggy, plus CRS and Althea moving all their efforts up, Moto2 coming in with a huge entry list and the general economic downturn. Still, with 18 bikes provisionally announced you might see some people crawling out of the woodwork at the last minute with a decent chance of points.

Rod Richardson
29th January 2010, 21:32
Smart alec me cracked a joke some time back about Willie Nelson racing on a Lambretta.............well guess what..........no Willie but a Lambretta 125 racebike now exists.

http://www.motosprint.it/motomondiale/moto_125/2010/01/29-1930/La+Lambretta+torna+nel+Motomohttp://www.motosprint.it/images/655/C_7_Media_22655_immagine_l.jpg

Translation of article per Google translate
After 60 brand Lambretta back racing in the World Championship. La Casa Italian will in fact be the way of the 125 GP with Romagnolo Mark Ravaioli, while as a second pilot would be Luis Salom. The historic brand will replace former team Loncin, and will be managed by Nicola Casadei, man of the Engine Engineering of Bologna Alberto Strazzari. To these are also alongside Giancarlo Cecchini, who for the occasion held the job of head of engine development.

Since 1972 the Lambretta owner has changed several times. It was sold off to some Indian entrepreneurs in 2003 but has risen (through "royalty") in the hands of an American corsorzio, while in 2007 it was ceded to Italy Motom spa.

"It's a historic day for the brand Lambretta, for which we have worked nearly two years," said John Scully, Director of Marketing Lambretta. "We are pleased to be back on track and compete in a sport so exciting and rapidly expanding. It will be fun to compete with larger and enjoy the show. We are determined to do well and especially to develop new technologies that we hope will be not only winning on the track but mainly be used in mass production in order for Lambretta scooters that are the most innovative in the marketplace. "

Nicola Casadei of Engines Engineering Director and Team Manager will be the Lambretta racing department, with great personal satisfaction and the whole team. "Our pilots are excited to run with Lambretta and share the dream that may soon again become as big as the legendary '60s and '70s."

NinjaMaster
30th January 2010, 00:13
Smart alec me cracked a joke some time back about Willie Nelson racing on a Lambretta.............well guess what..........no Willie but a Lambretta 125 racebike now exists.

http://www.motosprint.it/motomondiale/moto_125/2010/01/29-1930/La+Lambretta+torna+nel+Motomohttp://www.motosprint.it/images/655/C_7_Media_22655_immagine_l.jpg

:rotflmao:

So when are Vespa going to join?! :D

jonny hurlock
8th February 2010, 10:38
rumour that aprillia will have title sponsor, it will be Alitalia, if so cool!

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/156618/1/aprilia_set_to_reveal_new_title_backer.html

jonny hurlock
8th February 2010, 10:40
also james ellison has re-sign to Hydrex Honda which are now called Swan Honda.

http://www.crash.net/british+superbikes/news/156615/1/ellison_joins_easton_at_swan_honda.html

no GSE racing then.

jonny hurlock
9th February 2010, 14:30
rumour that aprillia will have title sponsor, it will be Alitalia, if so cool!

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/156618/1/aprilia_set_to_reveal_new_title_backer.html

pics of livery wow!

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/156655/1/first_look_2010_aprilia_alitalia_rsv-4.html

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/pictureArchive/156655/2/photos.html

Rod Richardson
11th February 2010, 10:11
Not a rumour but PREVIEW VIDEO OF 2010 SEASON & RECAP OF 2009.
Wasn't worth starting separate thread.

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/sbk-tv.html

Rod Richardson
16th March 2010, 11:55
McCoy To Test FB Corse On March 15th And 16th

Submitted by David Emmett on Fri, 2010-03-05 11:58.
in
FB Corse (http://www.motomatters.com/category/manufacturers/fb_corse)[/*:m:2exp7vqj]
Garry McCoy (http://www.motomatters.com/category/people/garry_mccoy)[/*:m:2exp7vqj]
MotoGP (http://www.motomatters.com/category/race_series/motogp)[/*:m:2exp7vqj]
Valencia, Spain (http://www.motomatters.com/category/circuits/valencia_spain)[/*:m:2exp7vqj]
The status of the FB Corse project has been shrouded in mystery ever since the Italian team announced they would be contesting the 2010 MotoGP season. Though the bike has been officially presented, and details about the three-cylinder MotoGP machine widely circulated, the bike has yet to turn a wheel in public, and no one knows whether the bike is even capable of achieving race speeds. This latter point has caused some concern inside IRTA, the organization representing the race teams and charged with ensuring the quality of the teams involved. IRTA boss Mike Trimby told MCN last week (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/March/mar0110-fb-corse-told-to-prove-competitiveness/) that FB Corse would not be allowed to take part in MotoGP until the bike had demonstrated its competitiveness, by lapping at a Grand Prix circuit within three seconds of race pace.
FB Corse has now risen to that challenge. Today, the team issued a press release stating that Garry McCoy is to test the FB01 at Valencia on the 15th and 16th of March, before running a timed test in front of Franco Uncini, who will be watching the test on behalf of Dorna. A representative from IRTA will also be present to monitor the test, to ensure the team is proficient enough to be allowed into the MotoGP paddock.

TheFamousEccles
17th March 2010, 09:53
Does anyone know how things went? There's nothing on this sites' news channel, and crash.net has nothing either :confused:

Rod Richardson
17th March 2010, 21:33
FB Corse Bike "Not Yet Ready To Race"

Submitted by David Emmett on Wed, 2010-03-17 19:59.
in
FB Corse (http://www.motomatters.com/category/manufacturers/fb_corse)[/*:m:13q0j00h]
Garry McCoy (http://www.motomatters.com/category/people/garry_mccoy)[/*:m:13q0j00h]
MotoGP (http://www.motomatters.com/category/race_series/motogp)[/*:m:13q0j00h]
Valencia, Spain (http://www.motomatters.com/category/circuits/valencia_spain)[/*:m:13q0j00h]As the established MotoGP field warm their engines for the final test of the season at Qatar starting on Thursday, back in Europe, another bike has been auditioning to join the show. At Valencia today, the FB Corse team ran a timed test in front of Franco Uncini, Dorna and IRTA's representative sent to evaluate the project, with the hope of impressing Uncini sufficiently that the team and their rider Garry McCoy would be admitted as the 18th official entry into the MotoGP class.
Their hopes have been dashed, however. Uncini's verdict, though full of praise for the team, is negative, and the FB Corse team will not be allowed to start the season at Qatar. Speaking to GPOne.com (http://www.gpone.com/news/News.asp?NNews=6646), Uncini described the project as "interesting," but said what the FB Corse really needed was more time and more miles on the bike to develop it further and refine it before it is ready to race.
When exactly what it was that the FB Corse needed to get it ready, Uncini was clear: "It's not a question of reliability," the former World Champion told GPOne.com, "the bike had no problems at all. But it really needs to put in some track miles. They are still right at the very start of the project." The Italian repeated that he was very positive about the FB Corse bike, though. "The project looks really good," Uncini said. "It may be possible for the bike to join the grid once the MotoGP paddock returns for the European stage of the championship. But they will know when they are ready. When the time comes, we will give them a call and take another look at the bike, and then we could allow them onto the grid."
FB Corse's rejection underlines the difficulties newcomers to the grid face. The bike really needs as much testing as it can get, but any testing at Grand Prix tracks violates the FIM regulations on testing, jeopardizing the team's chances of being allowed to race. Exceptions could naturally be made, but the risks involved are extremely high, as without a cast-iron guarantee that McCoy and FB Corse will be allowed to race despite the extra testing, a team on a limited budget simply cannot afford to risk being excluded after spending the money on testing.
================================================== =======================
HOWEVER.......3> HOURS LATER, THIS ARTICLE POPS UP ????????????????????????
Garry McCoy

FB Corse And McCoy To Compete From Jerez (http://www.motomatters.com/news/2010/03/17/fb_corse_and_mccoy_to_compete_from_jerez.html)

Submitted by David Emmett on Wed, 2010-03-17 23:08.
News travels fast, and sometimes it arrives too quickly to make sense of. After reporting earlier that Dorna representative Franco Uncini said the FB Corse bike was "not yet ready to race," (http://www.motomatters.com/news/2010/03/17/fb_corse_bike_not_yet_ready_to_race.html) FB Corse have announced their intention to do just that. However, just as Uncini recommended, FB Corse have decided against joining the grid at Qatar, spending their money on developing the bike instead, to be ready for the first European round of MotoGP at Jerez on May 2nd.
Uncini had pronounced himself impressed with the bike, developed by the renowned Oral Engineering, who have a long and illustrious history in Formula One, but felt that the bike needed more development before it would be ready to compete at the highest level. By using the three weeks gained by skipping Qatar and Motegi, FB Corse believe they will be ready to do just that by the time the Spanish round of MotoGP arrives, as they explain in their press release shown below:
FB CORSE IN THE MOTOGP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Dorna confirms FB Corse entry in the MotoGP World Championship.
Valencia, 17th march 2010
Today, Franco Uncini and Oscar Gallardo have given their approval to FB Corse after a full day test in Valencia track.

patnicholls
17th March 2010, 23:50
Crash.net is reporting that Seb Charpentier has quit BE1 Triumph after just one race. Draw your own conclusions.

Rod Richardson
20th March 2010, 21:35
Like one of those annoying adds on TV..........."And wait........there's more"

FB Corse Video - Triple Treat (http://www.motomatters.com/news/2010/03/20/fb_corse_video_triple_treat.html)

Submitted by David Emmett on Sat, 2010-03-20 14:09.
The debut of the FB Corse bike at Valencia this week is perhaps best described as a moderate success. The three cylinder bike built by Oral Engineering demonstrated that it was reliable and had plenty of potential, though it was still at a very early stage of development. Garry McCoy lapped Valencia at around 1'40, well off the pace but not bad for a shakedown test run without any electronics. So far, the FB Corse has not been admitted to the MotoGP entry list, but a couple more tests should help get the bike ready to be examined again in time for the Jerez round of MotoGP at the beginning of May.

Rod Richardson
3rd April 2010, 02:19
Re Mark Aitchison.

I may have missed the reference but does anyone know whether Mark Aitchison is riding this year????????.

NinjaMaster
4th April 2010, 13:21
Re Mark Aitchison.

I may have missed the reference but does anyone know whether Mark Aitchison is riding this year????????.

Spanish Moto2 I believe.

Rod Richardson
2nd May 2010, 23:22
Does anyone know what’s happening with McCoy /FB Corse….They were reportedly planning on competing at Jerez?????????

Rod Richardson
8th May 2010, 21:10
Atcho to move on from CEV Moto2

http://www.atcho.com.au/images/bannerPR.png The A & R Racing Team has made a decision to end their agreement with Mark (Atcho) Aitchison for the 2010 Moto2 CEV Championship. The decision comes on the back of the opening round, held at the Catalunya circuit, where Atcho managed to score a respectable 7th place result, given a tough weekend for his first competitive outing with the RSV bike. The A& R Team have concluded that a number of factors were responsible for their ultimate decision on the situation & that they felt it would be more viable to continue with another rider for the remainder of the championship.

Atcho was shocked by the news of his team wanting to part company with him & now has the task of looking for another opportunity either inside the world championship paddock or inside one of the domestic championship paddocks.
"To say that I am completely stunned and shocked by the decision the managers of the A& R Racing Team have made to go their separate way, ending our working relationship, is a huge understatement. Unfortunately during our first race weekend, we did have some unforeseen circumstances that prevented us from making a better result, but in the end I know I didn’t make any mistakes & I gave 110% effort toward the project. It seems other political factors have contributed to their decision & for this reason I am very saddened by the situation. I wish to say thank you to all the technical personnel involved in the project, my personal sponsors, family and friends who have been very supportive during this time. Now all I can do is move on, refocus and find another opportunity on a competitive bike & team & produce the results that I know I am capable of".
Atcho would like to take this opportunity to thank of his personal sponsors who have continued their ongoing support in 2010; X-Lite, Berik, Hunter Valley Paintball Australia, RIAA, Drink Cup, Swings & Roundabouts, JaxQuickfit Tyres, OzQuest Homeloans.

tha_jackal
9th May 2010, 08:55
that sucks :(
freaking politics, makes me sick.

racer69
10th May 2010, 09:01
Kevin Magee on the Australian WSB coverage alluded to Andrew Pitt being offered a BSB Honda ride. One assumes it would be in place of James Ellison at Swan Honda while he recovers from a broken leg.

gids73
10th May 2010, 10:44
That is worth taking for Pitty i reckon...

suzukimad07
11th May 2010, 21:58
Unofficial: Stoner signs for Repsol Honda

Reports from Italy state the deal's done
Posted: 11 May

http://www.visordown.com/uploads/images/Large/2189.jpg (http://www.visordown.com/image.aspx?url=/uploads/images/Huge/2189.jpg&area=ARTICLES&category=Motorcycle+racing+news%3a+Moto+GP&title=/uploads/images/Huge/2189.jpg)

NEWSFLASH: Casey Stoner has signed to race for Repsol Honda MotoGP in 2011 - that's the latest from trusted Italian media source SportsMediaSet.it (http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/motogp/articoli/articolo32014.shtml)
The Australian is reported to have been lured away by Ducati MotoGP's former manager, Livio Suppo, following months of speculation as to whether Stoner would stop with Ducati.
It's believed Stoner fell out of favour with Ducati bosses over last year's 'mystery illness' which arguably cost the Italian team the 2009 MotoGP title.
It's also alleged the 2007 MotoGP World Champion also became disillusioned with the team after Ducati attempted to poach Jorge Lorenzo from Fiat Yamaha, offering the Spaniard almost double Stoner's reported salary.
Reports also say Ducati have put a two-year deal on the table for Valentino Rossi. The multiple World Champion has until June to decide on whether he wants the offer.
Nothing official, we know but the original source is a trusted one.
We'll keep you posted for definite confirmation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6Cqff0tnwM

gids73
12th May 2010, 11:45
Cool - who is he replacing, Pedrosa or Dovi or do they intend to run 3 bikes, haha...

TheFamousEccles
13th May 2010, 13:37
I think the Italian press are being a little mischievous (I will be polite at this stage). Interesting story, but the press know that if you fling enough mud around, some will stick to something....

Rod Richardson
7th June 2010, 23:17
Info courtesy of Wim_Imprezza

Andrew Pitt rides again
World Supersport champion Andrew Pitt joins Motorpoint Yamaha team

Saturday, June 5th, 2010 http://www.motorpointbsbteam.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/Andrew-Pitt-300x199.jpg (http://www.motorpointbsbteam.com/world-supersport-champion-andrew-pitt-joins-motorpoint-yamaha-team/andrew-pitt)Double World Supersport Champion Andrew Pitt has joined the Motorpoint Yamaha team for the next round of British Superbikes.
The 34 year-old from New South Wales in Australia spent Friday testing at Mallory Park with Rob Mac and the guys, clocking up 40 laps around the famous Leicestershire track. Until recently he had been competing in World Superbikes before the collapse of his Reitwagen Motosport BMW team.
Andrew, who replaces Irishman Ian Lowry, will test the R1 again next week before the season resumes in earnest on June 25.
“I have followed the BSB series and watched the bad luck Rob’s team have had since the injury to Neil,” says Andrew. “Hopefully I can help turn their luck around and get their season going. Rob’s phone call could not have come at a better time. We both need to turn our year around and hopefully Mallory will be the start we both require. I know there is a steep learning curve ahead of me but that is something I enjoy. The bike feels great and I can’t wait for Mallory and the chance to start racing again.”
Adds Rob Mac: “Our intention when we signed Neil Hodgson was to have an experienced race winner alongside a young gun like Dan Linfoot, building a strong team for the season on that basis. Unfortunately, we never had that opportunity.
“With the arrival of Andrew, I have chance to put that back in place. Andrew is a World champion with experience on many machines including Yamaha and we now have an opportunity to give all of our partners the team they were promised and hopefully the results to match. Andrew has to learn the tracks but again he is very experienced and should be able to step up to the challenge.”
Continues Rob Mac: “I am sure Ian Lowry would have settled down with the bike given more time, and under different circumstances we may have had more time. He has his Spanish series to concentrate on and we wish him well with that.
“This has been the most frustrating season I have ever had and I need to do everything I can to get the team working. Andrew will replace Neil as a wise experienced head to help the whole team get back on track whilst Dan will benefit from Andrew’s feedback and experience as well as having someone to share the pressure on race day.”

NinjaMaster
8th June 2010, 13:09
That's great news. Pitty is too good a rider to not have a ride. Hope he can make a real good fist of things.

Rod Richardson
20th June 2010, 23:58
Jeremy Burgess was a guest on Channel "One" Australia during the broadcast of the MotoGP races from Silverstone and expressed the view that he believes that 600cc is the way to go for MotoGP to survive and grow.

NinjaMaster
21st June 2010, 09:48
Jeremy Burgess was a guest on Channel "One" Australia during the broadcast of the MotoGP races from Silverstone and expressed the view that he believes that 600cc is the way to go for MotoGP to survive and grow.

Yeah, I heard that and disagreed with it. :)
Pretty sure he also mentioned this being Colin Edwards last year in MotoGP.
Have also read that BMW want Marco Melandri in WSB next year with the view to take him back into MotoGP when they are said to join in 2012.

timtime
22nd June 2010, 11:54
Didn't they say the same about 800cc?

Rod Richardson
3rd July 2010, 04:22
Moto 2 money woes:
Hard times are hitting a few teams including;
JIR Moto2…..Pasini split with the team due to alleged problems with sponsors,
MZ …………Ralf Waldmann has “stepped out of the team” due to lack of funds and having to attend to the mechanical work and
RSM Team Scot…apparently also suffering funding problems.

jens
5th July 2010, 18:57
I personally think that the background of Stoner's departure from Ducati (which seems rather likely at the moment) derives from last year's "illness". I feel that this was the moment, when Ducati might have lost a bit of belief in Stoner and started either consciously or unconsciously looking for a new lead rider, which also has become visible in bike design in order to make it more comfortable to a possible new lead rider. So based on that clearly Casey doesn't feel himself very comfortable in Ducati either any more.

NinjaMaster
7th July 2010, 09:57
After talk of Jakub Smrz' Team PATA B&G Racing switching to BMW for next year or even the rest of this year, it's just been announced that they've swapped to Ducati's Italian rival - Aprilia. Hopefully this is the competitive bike he deserves.

I personally think that the background of Stoner's departure from Ducati (which seems rather likely at the moment) derives from last year's "illness". I feel that this was the moment, when Ducati might have lost a bit of belief in Stoner and started either consciously or unconsciously looking for a new lead rider, which also has become visible in bike design in order to make it more comfortable to a possible new lead rider. So based on that clearly Casey doesn't feel himself very comfortable in Ducati either any more.

Pretty much my take on the situation too. I believe Stoner was (rightfully) pretty peeved that Ducati made an almighty bid for Lorenzo last year and the early bike troubles this year wouldn't have helped. Couple Livio Suppo's move to Honda and Stoner's desire to win titles for multiple manufacturers and it all adds up.

NinjaMaster
7th July 2010, 10:16
The first shot of Chris the V's 2011 (and end of 2010?) ride.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/2011KawasakiZX-10R.jpg

:lips:

Rod Richardson
7th July 2010, 11:11
Stealthy...That is one good looking bike....hope it goes as good as it looks.

NinjaMaster
7th July 2010, 14:20
Stealthy...That is one good looking bike....hope it goes as good as it looks.
And not before time.

Rod Richardson
9th July 2010, 08:02
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/MICROS%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.pnghttp://http://www.worldsbk.com/images/stories/news/kawasaki_ninja.jpg Testing underway

Rod Richardson
9th July 2010, 08:05
Testing underway with Yanagawa at the helm.
http://www.worldsbk.com/en/news/latest-news/3804-new-kawasaki-racebike-breaks-cover.html

maxu05
10th July 2010, 01:58
With Casey signing with Honda, Rossi rumoured to be signing with Ducati, and the logical move up to the Fiat team for Big Ben, I have to ask. Who will Suzuki sign for 2011 ? Surely, they can't keep Loris another year. If they can stretch the budget to include a second team, they may have a chance of fielding a competitive bike in the future. Who then, for Suzuki in 2011 ?

jens
10th July 2010, 09:51
Suzuki's line-up is a good question, but I think Bautista will stay with them. The latest P5 must have been an encouraging result.

NinjaMaster
10th July 2010, 10:07
Suzuki is a quandry indeed. Bautista should definately stay and ideally team sky-blue should chase one of the aliens as hard as possible. Problem is, none of them would go there regardless of the money thrown at them. So who do they target? Should it be the best up-and-comer from Moto2 or WSB (Iannone, Simon, Luthi, Camier, Crutchlow)? This may make the factory team too 'green' so which experienced rider options are there? DePuniet (surely Tech3 bound), Melandri? Factory money might get them there but their current privateer bikes are more competitive so you would think it would have to be on the promise of a competitive I4 1,000cc bike in 2012. Like Kawasaki, Suzuki need to get serious or get out.

jens
10th July 2010, 10:30
Maybe Suzuki can hire Edwards, if he gets ousted from Tech3 due to underperformance? Generally Suzuki's choice can surely be only a rider, who simply doesn't have many options. I think for instance Elias would be a decent choice if he can't get a better ride.

But overall I'm a bit surprised Suzuki is still participating in MGP by looking at the Japanese exodus in various motorsport series in the last few years. Has the tradition got something to do with it? Suzuki has been racing in the top class of bikes since the 70's.

NinjaMaster
10th July 2010, 13:06
Maybe Suzuki can hire Edwards, if he gets ousted from Tech3 due to underperformance? Generally Suzuki's choice can surely be only a rider, who simply doesn't have many options. I think for instance Elias would be a decent choice if he can't get a better ride.

But overall I'm a bit surprised Suzuki is still participating in MGP by looking at the Japanese exodus in various motorsport series in the last few years. Has the tradition got something to do with it? Suzuki has been racing in the top class of bikes since the 70's.
On the strength of his season last year I would have said that Edwards would be a good choice but to me, it seems that the young guys have passed Colin by, that he would be no better than sticking with Capirossi. Melandri and De Puniet are the new experienced riders but I'm not sure of their skills as riders to develop around.

maxu05
11th July 2010, 00:04
I don't think Edwards would sign with Suzuki again IMO. Jens, you are spot on. Elias would be perfect for the Suzuki gig.BTW, BMW for Motogp in 2011/2012 ?

NinjaMaster
21st July 2010, 10:05
Karel Abraham to ride a 6th Ducati in MotoGP next year.

Suzuki and Tech3 trying to pinch De Puniet from Checcinello's team for the 2011 season.

Mach24
21st July 2010, 10:55
Suzuki to withdraw from MotoGP to focus on WSBK!

NinjaMaster
21st July 2010, 13:27
...and Ducati to quit WSBK to focus on MotoGP!

maxu05
22nd July 2010, 01:49
Don't talk nonsense. Ducati will still supply Motogp and WSB teams with customer bikes. They will focus all factory support on the Dakar.

Mach24
27th July 2010, 11:01

There is a suggestion in the link that Suzuki are already being looked after to keep them in GP.

http://www.autosport.com/features/article.php/id/2934

jonny hurlock
29th July 2010, 23:44
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161992/1/abraham_confirms_motogp_graduation_on_a_ducati.htm l

Karel Abraham on a private ducati in motogp next season, another ducati o its way then

tha_jackal
30th July 2010, 05:47
http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/161992/1/abraham_confirms_motogp_graduation_on_a_ducati.htm l

Karel Abraham on a private ducati in motogp next season, another ducati o its way then

what an absolute joke!

politics in the extreme..

i thought motogp was supposed to be the 'pinnacle' of the sport..

:rolleyes:

The Phantom
30th July 2010, 07:30
Can understand that sentiment, but don't entirely agree with it. The more bikes the better, it can only be good for the sport to have another team - sponsors, mechanics, additional tv interest/coverage from Karels corner of the world.

Sure there are a lot of guys who 'deserve' a shot at MotoGP, but it's not a secret that unless you bring your money to this gig, then there's no gig. Tell me it is any different at the pinnacle of 4 wheel racing... of course not, it's worse over there.

And who else really 'deserves' to go to MotoGP, who hasn't already been there? In my mind there's a real dearth of top shelf riders around the world lately.

jonny hurlock
6th August 2010, 19:21
cal crutchlow could be on his way to tech 3 next season, in mcn newspaper this week other motogp teams could be intrested with him teams such as LCR and Gresini

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/162241/1/tech_3_cal_crutchlow_is_the_favourite.html

Rod Richardson
27th August 2010, 21:36
Broc Parkes and Echo CRS go their separate ways as from 24th.
Where shall he land this time????

Spies' appointment to Yamaha Moto GP team confirmed at long last.

Wim_Impreza
28th August 2010, 09:00
Broc Parkes and Echo CRS go their separate ways as from 24th.
Where shall he land this time????

Spies' appointment to Yamaha Moto GP team confirmed at long last.

The WSS Kawasaki team is maybe a possibility for him because Lascorz is injured. Parkes had his best results by far on a WSS machine, so I hope he will return to the World Supersport.

NinjaMaster
30th August 2010, 09:35
The WSS Kawasaki team is maybe a possibility for him because Lascorz is injured. Parkes had his best results by far on a WSS machine, so I hope he will return to the World Supersport.
A good option for both parties. Parkes gets a fast bike and Kawasaki get a front-running supersport rider.

NinjaMaster
4th September 2010, 06:13
By this image, seems Chris Vermeulen's teammate will be Joan Lascorz on the 2011 Kawasaki Superbike.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewsArchives/2010/September/KawasakiWSB_2011.jpg

NinjaMaster
5th September 2010, 03:43
The WSB silly season is ramping up now that MotoGP is getting finalised. Strong rumour of Melandri signing to ride for Yamaha WSB next year, Toseland or Fabrizio to replace Xaus at BMW, Sykes, Lascorz or Haga to partner Vermeulen at Kawasaki, Althea to become the 'factory' Ducati team next year in a similar arrangement to the Japanese and BMW factories with established teams.

jonny hurlock
5th September 2010, 16:47
rumour that Randy de Puniet will racing with Rizla Suzuki MotoGP next season.

jonny hurlock
8th September 2010, 22:49
Cal Crutchlow signs two year deal with Tech3.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/September/sep0510-Cal-Crutchlow-signs-Tech-3-Yamaha-MotoGP-deal/

Marco Melandri off to WSB with Yamaha

Loris Capirossi sign a deal with Parmac Ducati for next season

Possibilities that LCR could be have a two bike team, riders possibly Toni Elias and Alex de Angelis if Randy de Puniet does joins Suzuki

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/September/sep0810-elias-to-get-lcr-honad-chance/

Hector Barberá will be staying at Aspar for 2011 season

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/barbera+and+aspar+team+togheter+at+2011+seson

Allyc85
10th September 2010, 17:06
Toseland out, Laverty in at Yamaha along side Melandri for 2011!

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/163154/1/laverty_graduates_to_wsbk_with_yamaha.html

NinjaMaster
11th September 2010, 13:24
Toseland out, Laverty in at Yamaha along side Melandri for 2011!

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/163154/1/laverty_graduates_to_wsbk_with_yamaha.html
Wow, don't think anyone saw that coming (except Yamaha and Laverty)! The WSB silly season is in a very interesting state with a lot of riders in limbo and not many competitive rides remaining.

NinjaMaster
12th September 2010, 06:55
Chad Reed has split from the Monster Kawasaki team after only one season, rumoured to ride either a Honda or possibly for a KTM team run by long time Suzuki head honcho Roder Decoster.

jonny hurlock
12th September 2010, 16:09
Ten Kate is interested with reuniting with James Toseland next season

jonny hurlock
23rd September 2010, 21:35
colin edwards is staying at tech3 for next season

NinjaMaster
26th September 2010, 04:11
Francis Batta met with Suzuki in Japan recently about their future and it seems they may (confusingly) only run one bike in WSB next year. This now allows Haslam to pursue other rides and it's expected he will be announced shortly as Corser's teammate at BMW.
Haga is said to have options either replacing Smrz at his current team or joining Ayrton Badovini at the new BMW Italia team.
It's unknown what options the likes of Fabrizio and Toseland have available. Hopefully one of them have sponsors they could take to Suzuki so they at least have two bikes on the grid.

jonny hurlock
28th September 2010, 22:01
Francis Batta met with Suzuki in Japan recently about their future and it seems they may (confusingly) only run one bike in WSB next year. This now allows Haslam to pursue other rides and it's expected he will be announced shortly as Corser's teammate at BMW.
Haga is said to have options either replacing Smrz at his current team or joining Ayrton Badovini at the new BMW Italia team.
It's unknown what options the likes of Fabrizio and Toseland have available. Hopefully one of them have sponsors they could take to Suzuki so they at least have two bikes on the grid.

looks like suzuki is a one bike team,shame : (

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/163718/1/alstare_to_run_one_suzuki_in_2011.html

look like haslam is off to BMW with tory corser then

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/163732/1/official_haslam_to_bmw_in_2011.html

I heard that Toseland could be at Ten Kate next season, what I've heard

jonny hurlock
28th September 2010, 22:13
in other news:

Rossi could have his own Moto2 team next season

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/September/sep2210-rossi-to-run-moto2-team/

Camier well stay put on Works Aprillia team.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/World-Superbikes/2010/September/sep2210-camier-stays-with-aprilia-2011/

Nori Haga could get a 3rd Aprillia bike via DFX Ducati squad.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/World-Superbikes/2010/September/25sep-wsb-hag-to-aprilia/

and British rider Kev Coghlan could be in Moto2 next season

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/September/sep2710-coghlan-targets-moto2-for-2011/

jonny hurlock
29th September 2010, 22:32
Scott Reading looks like his staying in Moto2 nwxt season

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/September/sep2810-redding-signs-new-marc-vds-deal/

looks like there is love next season for Ben and Jorge, data sharing is back (so they don't hate each over compared to Vale and Jorge then)

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/September/sep2910-data-sharing-to-return-at-yamaha-in-2011/

Pantah Jack
3rd October 2010, 01:15
Ant West at either MZ or Marc VDS Racing (after declining an offer from another Moto2 team).... Source - someone very close to Ant

tha_jackal
3rd October 2010, 06:01
Ant West at either MZ or Marc VDS Racing (after declining an offer from another Moto2 team).... Source - someone very close to Ant

Marc VDS because of the Bartholemy connection? I assume..

Would be a wise move, judging by young Scott Reddings success thus far..

They would make a solid lineup IMO..

Any idea which team he turned down?

NinjaMaster
3rd October 2010, 15:18
Not really rumours when they are confirmed signings but British Supersport Champion Sam Lowes will replace Eugene Laverty at the Parkalgar Honda team in supersport next year. Broc Parkes has been signed by the Kawasaki Supersport squad for the next two years and Kats Fujiwara will move into a role as Kawasaki test rider. Hopefully the second Kwak ride goes to a young bloke like Davide Giugliano, Maxime Berger or Jeremy Guarnoni. Chaz Davies has re-signed with Triumph to be joined by Luca Scassa. Ayrton Badovini to move back to WSB with a new BMW Italia team possibly with James Toseland as teammate.

Mach24
3rd October 2010, 23:55
Nori Haga to DFX Aprillia on semi factory gear = The end of his chances of becoming World Superbike Champion.

Whilst he may get a few wins here nor there, surely the Biaggi deal won't allow for equal equipment for Nori-san.

However, I think it is a good thing Aprillia is providing the good gear.

Also gr8 news about the second BMW team as well.

NinjaMaster
4th October 2010, 10:36
Nori Haga to DFX Aprillia on semi factory gear = The end of his chances of becoming World Superbike Champion.

Whilst he may get a few wins here nor there, surely the Biaggi deal won't allow for equal equipment for Nori-san.

However, I think it is a good thing Aprillia is providing the good gear.

Also gr8 news about the second BMW team as well.

Nori can officially be added to Slight and Chili in arguments for greatest ever WSB non-champs. Pleased to see he got a competitive bike though I wish Smrz stayed on the Aprilia, he started to look better as the season drew along.

Paul Bird has confirmed that Tom Sykes will remain in his team, though the factory rides are taken by Vermeulen and Lascorz so he will likely be a satellite rider out of the same garage.

Seems Fabrizio will likely be on a Suzuki or Althea Ducati, hopefully Guintoli gets another ride.

NinjaMaster
6th October 2010, 13:12
Sylvain Guintoli has signed to ride alongside Jakub Smrz at the Liberty Ducati team (yay!). It is expected that Michel Fabrizio will replace him at Suzuki (I think he will go well back on a four cylinder bike).
There is also some talk of Biaggi retiring on a Bayliss-esque high after winning the title this year - or it's a ploy to squeeze more money out of Aprilia to see their bike carrying the number 1 plate next year.
Ten Kate to have Castrol or San Carlo backing with Alex DeAngelis (or Josh Brookes?) partnering Johnny Rea.

Also, Sepang may well be Rossi's last ever race for Yamaha. It is expected they won't release him from his contract early, especially after his race with Lorenzo on the weekend and this seems to have sped up his required surgery on his shoulder. Shame to finish their relationship in this fashion.

Allyc85
6th October 2010, 17:28
Do you have a source for the Rossi story as theres nothing on the MCN website and I cant believe Yamaha would over react after Rossi turned them from average into champions!

NinjaMaster
7th October 2010, 09:23
Do you have a source for the Rossi story as theres nothing on the MCN website and I cant believe Yamaha would over react after Rossi turned them from average into champions!
http://motomatters.com/news/2010/10/05/sepang_to_be_rossi_s_last_race_with_yama.html

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Speculation%20grows%20over%20 Rossi%27s%20failing%20Yamaha%20relationship&newsid=6738

Also, Kenan Sofuoglu will ride Tomizawa's bike for the last 2 Moto2 races, probably where he is headed next year. And Australia have 2 wildcard riders in Moto2 at Phillip Island with both Alex Cudlin and Wayne Maxwell getting one-off rides. Good luck to 'em all!

Rod Richardson
7th October 2010, 09:23
Allyc85

I would expect that the comments would have come from the team manager Wilco Zeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelenberg as suggested by his quote included in the following article:------

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/hotnews/racing/rossi-back-on-podium-as-fiat-yamaha-fight-it-out-at-motegi

Wilco Zeeelenberg - Team Manager
"We just need a few more points! This wasn't a perfect race for us and we struggled a bit when the track changed after Moto2, especially at the hard braking in turn one, but our target was to play it safe and take points so we are happy. Of course the end of the race was exciting, but Jorge is a winner and even with the situation with the championship he was never going to give up on the final podium spot easily. It was a great battle between the two strongest riders in the world but they are team-mates and Valentino took too many risks and touched Jorge a couple of times, which should not have happened when Jorge is fighting for the championship. Anyway, considering the front-end issues and the fact that we chose not to run the new engine, we have to be very happy with these points and now we are all just focused on Sepang and the possible championship victory there."

patnicholls
7th October 2010, 12:42
Kenan confirmed at Technomag CIP for the last two rounds - good luck to them and I think he'll be a front-runner straight away.

Allyc85
7th October 2010, 18:30
Cheers for the links Rod and Ninja :)

There does seem like alot of mights and maybes in those stories though and Moto GP cant afford to have two of its main stars missing.

Great news for Kenan, cant wait to see how he gets on against the GP pack :D

NinjaMaster
8th October 2010, 09:33
There does seem like alot of mights and maybes in those stories though and Moto GP cant afford to have two of its main stars missing.

That's why this is the rumour mill and not the fact file! :D Anyways, it is being reported today that Rossi has announced he intends to ride til the end of the season if his shoulder is fairly pain free.

NinjaMaster
9th October 2010, 12:14
It seems the optimism of the MotoGP grid being bigger by 1 next year with Karel Abraham's team is being sucked out by the likelihood of Interwetten Honda disappearing and Suzuki only running one bike. It is said that Interwetten are no longer interested in backing the MotoGP project and will now stick to Moto2 and 125. Suzuki are supposedly brokering a deal to run just the single bike (Bautista) next year with a promise of full support agin in 2012 with the 1000cc rule change. Thank goodness for the inclusion of the contentious Abraham Ducati team!

tha_jackal
10th October 2010, 04:40
pramac ducati are only running one bike next year too..

the current total of bikes running for 2011 is a dismal 15.. :(

alleskids
10th October 2010, 10:54
So, if I get it right, the MotoGP grid for 2011 will be:
Respol Hona: Pedrosa / Stoner
San Carlo Honda: Dovizioso / Simoncelli
LCR Honda: ?
Petronas Yamaha: Lorenzo / Spies
Monster Yamaha: Edwards / Crutchlow
Marlboro Ducati: Rossi / Hayden
Pramac Ducati: Caparossi
Bancaja Ducati: Barbera
Cardion Ducati: Abraham
Rizzla Suzuki: Bautista

5x Honda, 4x Yamaha, 5x Ducati, 1x Suzuki
15 bikes, first 15 core points, so everyone scores points, even if there bike is broke, and they walk with the bike over the finishline in the last lap. Maybe it is a good idea to invite the top 5 from MotoGP 2 to race with the big bikes after they finished their own races. They might score regular points in MotoGP

NinjaMaster
11th October 2010, 09:42
MotoMatters now reports that Repsol Honda may now revert to the original plan of Dovi and Pedrosa at Repsol and Stoner in a satellite Factory team, which would have the side benefit of avoiding the internal friction from Alberto Puig towards Livio Suppo. Taking the sapre seat at Gresini would be Hiroshi Aoyama and they also say that Dorna will bankroll a second seat at Pramac for Toni Elias with Espargaro said to be in hot demand in Moto2. I really hope it works out this way.

alleskids
11th October 2010, 16:31
who will have the LCR Honda in 2011?

NinjaMaster
12th October 2010, 12:00
who will have the LCR Honda in 2011?
Likely either Elias or DePuniet.

jonny hurlock
13th October 2010, 18:36
possibility that Carlos Checa could be replacing Mika Kaillo for the last two rounds this season

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/164257/1/carlos_checa_set_for_motogp_return.html

CaptainRaiden
20th October 2010, 13:28
So, has this been confirmed yet officially or is that website spreading a rumor?

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/5205/noriyuki-haga-signs-with-aprilia-dfx-borciani-for-2011

Noriyuki Haga signs with Aprilia DFX-Borciani for 2011

On writing our coverage of the WSBK Imola round we had said that Noriyuki Haga’s future for 2011 and beyond was uncertain but it had escaped our notice that in the last couple of days he has actually signed with team DFX-Borciani and will be riding an Aprilia next year. The team will be the new outfit of the current Team B&G of Marco Guendalini and Marco Borciani.

The new team will be officially supported by Aprilia and it will probably mark some rivalry between Max Biaggi and Haga who are not exactly friends as we understand. B&G won’t be signing Jakub Smrz next year as he will have his own full Czech team and will ride with a Ducati 1198RS again in 2011.

With Ducati pulling its SBK team continuing with a Ducati bike means either riding for a private team or going elsewhere and Nitronori will still find himself on an Italian bike, now the winner of the 2010 WSBK title. The official news of Haga in Aprilia will come after today’s SBK round as Aprilia was concentrating on Max Biaggi’s possible win. With that confirmed and the championship over apart from the remaining rounds, silly season should die down and we’ll be getting all the official news of riders and teams for next year.

jonny hurlock
24th October 2010, 01:12
So, has this been confirmed yet officially or is that website spreading a rumor?

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/post/5205/noriyuki-haga-signs-with-aprilia-dfx-borciani-for-2011

confirmed a couple of weeks back

other news:

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/October/oct2010-de-puniet-to-ducati/

Randy de Puniet to Pramac Ducati and Toni Elias to LCR next season

three rider works honda team next season and Hiroshi Aoyama will move to the Gresini Honda team next season to partner Marco Simoncelli.

NinjaMaster
25th October 2010, 11:40
James Toseland has apparently confirmed himself at BMW Italia next year alongside Ayrton Badovini.

Also, Inmotec to test their MotoGP bike at Valencia with the aim of racing next year, possibly in partnership with Norton.

NinjaMaster
29th October 2010, 11:43
Rumour no more, Loris Capirossi is officially a Pramac DUcati rider next year.
Also, Tom Sykes is confirmed to remain a factory Kawasaki rider next year in a 3-rider team with Vermeulen and Lascorz.
David Salom is join Broc Parkes on the factory Kwak Supersport team.

Allyc85
29th October 2010, 21:42
Glad to see Sykes confirmed, it shouldnt even have been in doubt the way he dragged that pile of *bleep* to some great top ten finishes!

NinjaMaster
30th October 2010, 04:15
Absolutely, not to mention the amount of donkey-work he's done testing the new bike.

tha_jackal
30th October 2010, 04:34
max neukirchner confirmed as MZ rider for 2011.
second seat will be taken by either west, ranseder or arne tode.

NinjaMaster
30th October 2010, 07:43
max neukirchner confirmed as MZ rider for 2011.
second seat will be taken by either west, ranseder or arne tode.
That's cool, German rider on a Germanish bike. Kinda like Rossi and Ducati - but not. Hopefully Max can bring some sponsorship with him to boost the teams budget. In one way I'd like to see West move to the proven Marc VDS team next year but in another way, I like the romance of seeing him stick with MZ and help the minnows become competitive. I reckon Ant's decision hinges on the results of the new MZ frame for the last two rounds.

alleskids
30th October 2010, 11:35
Toni Elias turned down a deal made bij Dorna to get him on the Pramac Ducati. Instead he will ride the LCR Honda, while Randy de Puniet wuill ride the second Parmac Ducati. Elias had trouble with the Pramac (Alice) team in the past

alleskids
30th October 2010, 11:39
Moto GP grid 2011

Respol Hona: Pedrosa / Dovizioso
San Carlo Honda: Stoner / Aoyama ??
LCR Honda: Elias
Air Asia(?) Yamaha: Lorenzo / Spies
Pramac Ducati: Caparossi / De Puniet

5x Honda, 4x Yamaha, 6x Ducati, 1x Suzuki

Will the new Inmotec bike debuting in 2011, or is it a 2012 regulation bike?

NinjaMaster
30th October 2010, 23:17
Moto GP grid 2011

Respol Hona: Pedrosa / Dovizioso
San Carlo Honda: Stoner / Aoyama ??
LCR Honda: Elias
Air Asia(?) Yamaha: Lorenzo / Spies
Pramac Ducati: Caparossi / De Puniet

5x Honda, 4x Yamaha, 6x Ducati, 1x Suzuki

Will the new Inmotec bike debuting in 2011, or is it a 2012 regulation bike?
Slip Stoner in next to Dovi and Dani at Repsol and Simoncelli remains at Gresini but next to Aoyama and that's about it.

alleskids
31st October 2010, 12:24
I read that Pedrosa's dad/manager is affraid thet Stoner will be favoured by the new Honda team manager (the old Ducati man), and he is using Repsol's new sponsordeal to get equal treatment between the riders, and making Pedrose more equal then Stoner. Having Stroner in the Gresini team with full works support would be the better sollution

NinjaMaster
31st October 2010, 13:55
The most likely scenario I heard was that all three of Stoner, Pedrosa and Dovi will be Repsol riders basically in their own separate teams with their own management setup to avoid power plays. Repsol are said to have been coerced into stumping up some extra funds.

jonny hurlock
6th November 2010, 15:56
Bradley Smith is on Moto2 bike next season with Tech3

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2010/November/nov0510-smith-confirms-moto2-chief/_/R-EPI-127684

NinjaMaster
11th November 2010, 12:01
Josh Brookes has signed with Relentless Suzuki (best racing team name goin around I reckon) for BSB next year. Tommy Hill has signed for the Swan team riding a factory Yamaha and Stuart Easton is back on a Kawasaki at MSS Colchester.

Current Australian Superbike Championship leader, Bryan Staring, is likely to be Pedercini Kawasaki mounted in WSB. :up:

In dirty news, Chad Reed has finally announced his 2011 destination - with his own new team. Reed is forking out his own moola to run TwoTwo Motorsports aboard a Honda and supported by Pro Circuit and Bel Ray. Reed on a Honda vs Dungey on a Suzuki vs Vilopoto on a Kawasaki vs Stewart on a Yamaha = absolute awesomeness and adding the likes of Windham, Milsaps, Brayton, Metcalfe and Pourcel is just unbelievable. It's gonna be fricken tops! :s pin:

Allyc85
11th November 2010, 20:44
WTF Xaus at Ten Kate!! :eek:

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/164979/1/ten_kate_pairs_xaus_with_rea_for_2011.html

Pantah Jack
11th November 2010, 23:02
WTF Xaus at Ten Kate!! :eek:

http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/164979/1/ten_kate_pairs_xaus_with_rea_for_2011.html

WTF indeed. Must have come Cheap

Pantah Jack
11th November 2010, 23:03
Is there a completed list of confirmed rides for BSB and / or WSBK anywhere?

Cheers Jack

tha_jackal
12th November 2010, 00:17
Is there a completed list of confirmed rides for BSB and / or WSBK anywhere?

Cheers Jack

any westy news jack?

patnicholls
12th November 2010, 00:18
It's mega-early days for the BSB, that generally comes together in Jan/Feb as the season begins in April.

I/we can certainly have a crack at WSB as we know quite a bit of that.

The Xaus to Ten Kate has come as a massive shock, to be honest...

Mach24
12th November 2010, 11:20
Current Australian Superbike Championship leader, Bryan Staring, is likely to be Pedercini Kawasaki mounted in WSB. :up:

Superbike or Superstock is the question!