PDA

View Full Version : Rumour Mill 09/10

Pages : 1 [2]

CaptainRaiden
18th November 2010, 10:24
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/wtr+with+an+indian+rider

Well, about damn time. Finally the possibility of an Indian on a MotoGP grid. There was this one kid, like 13 or 14 year old, who was exceptionally good in the Indian championships, and then was doing some great things in the Malaysian championship as well. The name eludes me, but I wonder if it's him.

CaptainRaiden
18th November 2010, 10:28
Well, I guess this is the guy. Haven't heard of him ever: http://www.zigwheels.com/News/Ten10-Racings-Sarath-Kumar-will-be-the-first-Indian-to-hit-MotoGP/MotoGP_20101113-1-1

NinjaMaster
19th November 2010, 09:54
It would be great to see an Indian on the grid. I always had a soft spot for the less-common nationalities on the grid - Luthi (Swiss), Sofuoglu (Turk), Kallio (Finn) and Wilairot (Thai) to name a few. It makes the grid a lot more interesting to have a bit of diversity.

NinjaMaster
19th November 2010, 09:56
Superbike or Superstock is the question!
Superstock it sounds like with Andrew Pitt on their superbike. I would have liked to see Roger-Lee stay on with them for another year and benefit from the new Ninja after struggling on the old one.

Rod Richardson
20th November 2010, 05:01
Roger Lee Hayden signed by Michael Jordan Motorsports to partner Ben Bostrom and will also ride as wildcard entry in Moto 2 at Indy event.

tha_jackal
23rd November 2010, 01:48
Latest 2011 Moto2 Line-Up: West, Talmacsi, Fores All Confirmed

The Moto2 rider line-up for 2011 is slowly starting to take something resembling its final shape, with more and more riders signing contracts to ride next year. Kenan Sofuoglu's signing for the Technomag CIP squad provided one catalyst, provoking a spate of moves to secure the known quantities for next season at the Valencia test. The prime mover in that chase was the team that Sofuoglu turned down, with Gresini securing former Tech 3 rider Yuki Takahashi to take the place of the departing Moto2 champion Toni Elias, with Sofuoglu's former Ten Kate Honda World Supersport teammate Michele Pirro taking the second seat in the biggest team in Moto2.

The Tech 3 team had earlier announced the signing of Bradley Smith and Frenchman Mike di Meglio to take the place of the departing Yuki Takahashi and the disappointing Raffaele de Rosa - the Italian being tipped for a return to the 125cc class, along with Hector Faubel (signed for Bancaja Aspar), Joan Olive and Sergio Gadea. Meanwhile, the other hottest seat in Moto2 - the one left vacant by Di Meglio - has been filled by one of the two riders making the jump from the Spanish CEV Moto2 championship, Xavi Fores signing with the Mapfre Aspar team for 2011, joining his CEV Moto2 rival Kev Coghlan on the world stage.

Over at the Jack&Jones team, the gap left by Joan Olive has been filled by former Speed Up rider Gabor Talmacsi, according to the Hungarian press, with the team also ditching the Harris chassis in favor of the more competitive Suter. And speaking of uncompetitive chassis, Ant West has finally given in and signed a contract extension with MZ, where he will be joined by former WSBK rider Max Neukirchner. The team is to be run by Peter Rubatto and Marco Nicotari, the latter formerly responsible for the Pro-Ride Honda WSBK squad, that never made it to the grid last season. MZ is also to enter a squad in the Spanish CEV Moto2 championship, which they will use to help develop the MZ's tubular steel trellis chassis. There have been persistent rumors that the managers of both West and Neukirchner have been trying to persuade the man behind the MZ chassis, Martin Wimmer, to run an FTR chassis alongside the MZ - or even to replace the MZ chassis altogether - to give the team a baseline to use to develop the steel chassis against. Wimmer, however, is not keen on such a solution, preferring to continue work on his brainchild using the data from the two riders and the new CEV team.

The most striking difference between the list from 2010 and that of 2011 is the drastic reduction in the number of chassis. Where last year there were 13 different chassis on the grid - though the Speed Up bike successfully campaigned by Andrea Iannone and Gabor Talmacsi was really an FTR with bodywork refinements by the team themselves - in 2011, there will be just 6 chassis makers, and possibly as few as 5. Suter is the big winner from the 2010 season, the Swiss chassis builder having provided extensive support and a clever range of price options for teams, matched to suit just about any budget. FTR, Moriwaki and Kalex have all been forced to improve in these areas, with FTR due to greatly expand their service levels for 2011, with a truck expected to be at all of the European rounds for next season. Despite the problems, FTR and Kalex will both be expanding their presence in the World Championship for next season, with FTR fielding at least 7 bikes, and Kalex doubling its involvement from 2 to 4 machines, with the addition of the Viessmann Kiefer squad to the Tenerife Pons team.

While most of the seats are already taken, two desirable seats remain open. Alex de Angelis still has no partner at the JiR Moto2 squad, though there is every likelihood this could stay that way, while at Forward Racing, the seat alongside Jules Cluzel also remains vacant. 2010 Forward rider Claudio Corti had a pretty strong rookie year, and could still be in the frame for either of these seats.

Here's the Moto2 line-up as we know it so far:

Team Bike Rider 1 Rider 2
Aeroport de Castello FTR Kev Coghlan
Forward Racing Suter Jules Cluzel ???
G22 Racing Team Suter Fonsi Nieto Yannick Guerra
Gresini Racing Moriwaki Yuki Takahashi Michele Pirro
Holiday Gym Racing * Moriwaki Xavier Simeon
Interwetten Moriwaki Moto2 * Suter Thomas Luthi
Iodaracing Project FTR Simone Corsi Mattia Pasini?
Italtrans Racing Team Suter Roby Rolfo? ???
Jack & Jones by A. Banderas Suter Kenny Noyes Gabor Talmacsi
JIR Moto2 Motobi Alex de Angelis ???
Mapfre Aspar Team Suter Julian Simon Xavi Fores
Marc VDS Racing Suter Scott Redding Mika Kallio
Monlau Competicion * FTR Marc Marquez
MZ Motor MZ/FTR Max Neukirchner Ant West
QMMF Racing Team Suter Mashel al Naimi ???
Racing Team By Quereseno FTR Esteve Rabat Yonny Hernandez?
Stop and Go Racing Team Bimota/FTR? Ratthapark Wilairot Lukas Pesek?
Tech 3 Racing Tech 3 Bradley Smith Mike di Meglio
Technomag CIP Suter Kenan Sofuoglu Dominique Aegerter
Tenerife 40 Pons Kalex Axel Pons Aleix Espargaro
Tuenti Speed Up FTR Pol Espargaro
Viessman Kiefer Racing Kalex Stefan Bradl Randy Krummenacher
WTR/Speed Master Team * Suter Andrea Iannone

* Single rider team
name? - Rider not yet certain
??? - Rider unknown / to be announced

http://www.motomatters.com

NinjaMaster
25th November 2010, 13:31
I'm pretty happy with West remaining at MZ. I'd love to see MZ get it right andlaunch this historic marque back to the pointy end, especially with Neukirchner there.

I also believe that Lukas Pesek will join Al Naimi at QMMF Racing next year.

Roby Rolfo has left Moto2 and headed back to WSB and joined with the Pedercini Kawasaki team who may also run Andrew Pitt on a ZX10R as well. They will also have a 3-pronged Superstock 1000 lineup consisting of Marco Bussolotti (was very fast in WSTK1000 this year) and Leandro Mercado (did some good things in the US a year or so ago) and newly crowned Australian Superbike Champion, Bryan Staring. I would think they will have there best season to date next year.

tha_jackal
26th November 2010, 00:49
"Ant West will be riding for MZ again. But there's a chance the MZ team will field FTRs instead, much better chances for West."

from someone's twitter feed.

NinjaMaster
7th December 2010, 10:45
There's a report stating that Tahi Moto2 rider, Rathapark Wilairot, has been seriously injured after dinking a ride on the back of a mates bike. The report said that the rider was killed in a crash whilst Wilairot is in intensive care, though apparently now conscious, but no details on his injuries. Fingers crossed for a full and speedy recovery.

Roby44
14th December 2010, 11:23
Roby back in Superbikes!! Woo Hoo....

Roby44
14th December 2010, 11:29

jonny hurlock
14th December 2010, 22:00

its so good news you had to post it twice lol, btw which team?

Roby44
15th December 2010, 09:50
LOL For sure its great news..
Kawasaki Team Pedercini...

November 24 2010 - Pedercini Team together with Rolfo in 2011 Superbike World Championship
http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/spacer.gif
Team Pedercini is extremely pleased to announce that the new entry and the rider who will ride the new Kawasaki ZX 10R machine in 2011 will be Roberto Rolfo.

Roberto Rolfo: "I’m really very happy to return to the Superbike championship. My three years’ experience in this fascinating and competitive championship was unforgettable and I will try my best to improve my preceding results. I immediately established a good feeling with the entire Pedercini family. They are reputable professionals and we are on the same wavelength concerning next year’s targets. I decided to leave Moto2 because I’m eager to ride the new Kawasaki ZX10R and take advantage of all its great power. It feels grand to be back in Superbike and I’m determined to put a good season together next year. I’m looking forward to testing the new bike very soon and getting familiar with it while also getting to better know my new team. This will be my very first time on a Kawasaki bike".

Roby44
15th December 2010, 09:51
November 24 2010 - Pedercini Team together with Rolfo in 2011 Superbike World Championship
http://www.motorsportforums.com/images/spacer.gif
Team Pedercini is extremely pleased to announce that the new entry and the rider who will ride the new Kawasaki ZX 10R machine in 2011 will be Roberto Rolfo.

Roberto Rolfo: "I’m really very happy to return to the Superbike championship. My three years’ experience in this fascinating and competitive championship was unforgettable and I will try my best to improve my preceding results. I immediately established a good feeling with the entire Pedercini family. They are reputable professionals and we are on the same wavelength concerning next year’s targets. I decided to leave Moto2 because I’m eager to ride the new Kawasaki ZX10R and take advantage of all its great power. It feels grand to be back in Superbike and I’m determined to put a good season together next year. I’m looking forward to testing the new bike very soon and getting familiar with it while also getting to better know my new team. This will be my very first time on a Kawasaki bike".

Roby44
15th December 2010, 09:55
What about the news thatParis Hiltonis going to sponsor a Team in 125 cc...

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/13/paris-hilton-starts-up-motorcycle-racing-team/

Allyc85
28th December 2010, 17:20
Good news, Moto 2 rider Wilarot is out of hospital :)

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/165675/1/moto2_wilairot_discharged_from_hospital.html

Roby44
29th December 2010, 11:06
Thats really great news. Im glad he's ok...

Rod Richardson
2nd January 2011, 20:44
Phillip Island in danger of losing GP
http://www.bigpondsport.com/phillip-island-in-danger-of-losing-gp/tabid/91/newsid/65415/default.aspx

http://www.bigpondsport.com/portals/bps/images/news/sky/skynews_1995746793_315x236.jpg
Phillip Island risks losing the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix after next year.
Photo: Australian News Channel Pty Ltd

Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 9:43 PM
Source: BigPond Sport http://www.bigpondsport.com/phillip-island-in-danger-of-losing-gp/tabid/91/newsid/65415/default.aspx
Phillip Island risks losing the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix after next year unless it switches to a March date, according to MotoGP organisers.
Dorna, which promotes the series, says that unless the change is made, the race will not be approved and will not go ahead.
However the Australian Grand Prix is adamant it will remain in its October timeslot until at least the end of the contract extension, which runs until 2016.
The timing of the race has been criticised by several riders, led by seven times world champion Valentino Rossi, who says cold weather and fierce winds ruin what should be a showcase event.
Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta says the 2011 GP will go ahead from October 14-16, but from then on the race must be brought forward.
'It was clear that to move for next year was very complicated,' Ezpeleta told motorcyclenews.com.
'We have spoken to them and for next year the calendar will be as the provisional one already printed.
'We understand because of the short notice, but for 2012 it will be at the beginning of the season.
'It must be at the beginning of the year because I think it is too risky later in the season.
'For 2012 it will be compulsory and the FIM will not homologate the circuit unless the race is at the beginning of the year. There can be no excuses in 2012.'
However AGPC chief executive Andrew Westacott says there are no plans to change the dates of the race.
Westacott says bringing the race forwards to March would cause multiple problems and impact on the Formula One Grand Prix at the end of the month.
'There's a contract that Dorna have got that exists with us that says the race will be in September-October until 2016,' Westacott said.
'Carmelo has been suggesting this for a while on and off but we've never had a delayed race, never had a cancelled race.
'The vagaries of the weather exist all around the place at various times of the year.
'It's not as easy as saying we'll just slot it in in March.
'Marshalls and emergency services would also be doing potentially World Superbikes (in February), MotoGP testing at Phillip Island and the Formula One event.'
Westacott accused Dorna of 'posturing' and said there was no logic to the request but would hold discussions with the organisation next month

NinjaMaster
4th January 2011, 09:48
Phillip Island in danger of losing GP
http://www.bigpondsport.com/phillip-island-in-danger-of-losing-gp/tabid/91/newsid/65415/default.aspx

http://www.bigpondsport.com/portals/bps/images/news/sky/skynews_1995746793_315x236.jpg
Phillip Island risks losing the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix after next year.
Photo: Australian News Channel Pty Ltd

Thursday, December 30, 2010 - 9:43 PM
Source: BigPond Sport http://www.bigpondsport.com/phillip-island-in-danger-of-losing-gp/tabid/91/newsid/65415/default.aspx
Phillip Island risks losing the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix after next year unless it switches to a March date, according to MotoGP organisers.
Dorna, which promotes the series, says that unless the change is made, the race will not be approved and will not go ahead.
However the Australian Grand Prix is adamant it will remain in its October timeslot until at least the end of the contract extension, which runs until 2016.
The timing of the race has been criticised by several riders, led by seven times world champion Valentino Rossi, who says cold weather and fierce winds ruin what should be a showcase event.
Dorna boss Carmelo Ezpeleta says the 2011 GP will go ahead from October 14-16, but from then on the race must be brought forward.
'It was clear that to move for next year was very complicated,' Ezpeleta told motorcyclenews.com.
'We have spoken to them and for next year the calendar will be as the provisional one already printed.
'We understand because of the short notice, but for 2012 it will be at the beginning of the season.
'It must be at the beginning of the year because I think it is too risky later in the season.
'For 2012 it will be compulsory and the FIM will not homologate the circuit unless the race is at the beginning of the year. There can be no excuses in 2012.'
However AGPC chief executive Andrew Westacott says there are no plans to change the dates of the race.
Westacott says bringing the race forwards to March would cause multiple problems and impact on the Formula One Grand Prix at the end of the month.
'There's a contract that Dorna have got that exists with us that says the race will be in September-October until 2016,' Westacott said.
'Carmelo has been suggesting this for a while on and off but we've never had a delayed race, never had a cancelled race.
'The vagaries of the weather exist all around the place at various times of the year.
'It's not as easy as saying we'll just slot it in in March.
'Marshalls and emergency services would also be doing potentially World Superbikes (in February), MotoGP testing at Phillip Island and the Formula One event.'
Westacott accused Dorna of 'posturing' and said there was no logic to the request but would hold discussions with the organisation next month
World Superbikes are early in the year (usually Aprilish) and have had to contend with floods and furnaces, there's no guarantee that MotoGP will get better weather in March. I would reckon that Dorna would want pretty good legal advice to break contract too.

In rider news, Gabor Talmacsi could be another GP refugee heading for World Superbike, said to be testing for Pedercini at Kawasaki's big Sepang test in mid-January. Lukas Pesek is apparently also in the frame with the apparent possibility of a three rider Pedercini Superbike team, and Supersport! That would be amazing!

Allyc85
7th January 2011, 15:47
John Hopkins will ride a Suzuki in BSB!!!

http://www.crash.net/british+superbikes/news/165775/1/john_hopkins_to_bsb_a_done-deal.html

NinjaMaster
25th January 2011, 08:10
The Pedercini Kawasaki superbike team are a bit all over the place with Gabor Talmacsi testing their bike but holding out on signing for the 2011 season. Seems Bryan Staring will step up for the team from their superstock bike to the superbike for the first round at Phillip Island. Could become permanent perhaps? Will enjoy seeing he and Josh Waters go head-to-head in the first round.

NinjaMaster
20th February 2011, 11:35
Disappointingly, Chris Vermeulen will miss the first round of WSB after failing a fitness test due to his still recovering knee.

Roby44
20th February 2011, 11:47
The Pedercini Kawasaki superbike team are a bit all over the place with Gabor Talmacsi testing their bike but holding out on signing for the 2011 season. Seems Bryan Staring will step up for the team from their superstock bike to the superbike for the first round at Phillip Island. Could become permanent perhaps? Will enjoy seeing he and Josh Waters go head-to-head in the first round.

But they have Roby!! Go Roby!!!!

Roby44
20th February 2011, 11:48
Disappointingly, Chris Vermeulen will miss the first round of WSB after failing a fitness test due to his still recovering knee.

Its just not fair is it! He's been doing so much to get fit.. He usually twitters what he's doing fitness wise .

alleskids
26th February 2011, 11:09
The livery on the Yamaha Factory team during the test will be the new livery for the 2011 season? No major sponsor, only blue/white and a small(er) Petronas logo?

MrMetro
26th February 2011, 16:22
The livery on the Yamaha Factory team during the test will be the new livery for the 2011 season? No major sponsor, only blue/white and a small(er) Petronas logo?

Yes, Yamaha were not able to find a major sponsor for the 2011 season, so they will run in corporate colours this season.

jonny hurlock
1st April 2011, 22:20
Interesting Rumour that Leon Haslam will be on Motogp BMW bike next season (its in this weeks MCN newspaper)

and this link too: http://asia.eurosport.com/superbike/bmw-plans-for-motogp_sto2729763/story.shtml

NinjaMaster
9th April 2011, 14:04
I remember reading an article about BMW heading to MotoGP recently too.
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/bmw-eyeing-up-motogp-entry/17620.html
Hopefully where there's smoke, there's some fire?

Also, there's a report of the U.S. having 3 rounds of MotoGP in 2013 (I had to double check it wasn't April 1!).
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/Apr/110407texas2.htm
Surely they would be more likely to pick up a second round of WSB than a third round of MotoGP?

NinjaMaster
12th April 2011, 07:36
There seems to be growing rumour that Istanbul will replace the Motegi round of MotoGP later this season. Whilst I'd love to see the boys back racing at the magnificent Turkish circuit, it'd be a bit of a kick in the guts for the people of Japan. Suzuka is another option that has been floated but there seems to be a feeling that the death of Katoh still hangs over the heads of the riders so there is a reluctance to return there any time soon.

NinjaMaster
13th April 2011, 06:00
And there it is, MotoGP to race in Austin, Texas, USA from 2013!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Texas+GP+announced+for+2013

Surely this will be at the expense of Indy? And a 10 year contract shows they're in it for the long haul. Hope the layout is good.

Allyc85
13th April 2011, 15:48
Sounds good to me! indy is a bit lame as a bike track IMO as the whole point of going to indy is to use the banking!

Map of the new track at Austin.

http://autoweek.com/storyimage/CW/20101217/F1/101219921/AR/AustinTrackMap.jpg

jonny hurlock
13th April 2011, 20:04
And there it is, MotoGP to race in Austin, Texas, USA from 2013!

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Texas+GP+announced+for+2013

Surely this will be at the expense of Indy? And a 10 year contract shows they're in it for the long haul. Hope the layout is good.

I prefer Indy than Austin imho, anyway good luck to them

jonny hurlock
19th July 2011, 23:02
bring this thread back up the list, anyway Honda could be having only 4 bikes next season. A strong Possibility that nether Dovizioso and Simoncelli won't be on a HRC next year

Honda unlikely to retain Dovizioso and Simoncelli as it reduces budget - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93182)

jonny hurlock
19th July 2011, 23:03
bring this thread back up the list, anyway Honda could be having only 4 bikes next season. A strong Possibility that nether Dovizioso and Simoncelli won't be on a HRC next year

Honda unlikely to retain Dovizioso and Simoncelli as it reduces budget - MotoGP news - AUTOSPORT.com (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93182)

NinjaMaster
20th July 2011, 14:19

That puts a bit of a hole in the grid if that happens. Be a couple of good options for Suzuki available if Team Zook continue on next year (fingers crossed!).

chunder27
23rd July 2011, 21:32
I would suggest that perhaps Hopkins might be on a Suzuki next year. Depending on if Monster are still wanting to be helpful finance wise, the noises are there with wild cards etc this year, and Samsung is basically Dennings team anyway.

I would imagine Aoyama will make way for Dovi, but will Dovi and Sic both have factory bikes? I doubt it, depends what Repsol do with their 1000's. I guess Sic and Dovi could have this years 800's?

Elias will obviously be gone, replaced I reckon by De Puniet again? I can see perhaps Bradl, Marques, Redding, Haslam, Iannone coming over in the new class for buy in bikes. I think there will be no Elias, Aoyama maybe LCR, Capirossi (who would want to ride for Pramac anyway) perhaps even Edwardsm get Laverty on it!!

chunder27
23rd July 2011, 21:32
I would suggest that perhaps Hopkins might be on a Suzuki next year. Depending on if Monster are still wanting to be helpful finance wise, the noises are there with wild cards etc this year, and Samsung is basically Dennings team anyway.

I would imagine Aoyama will make way for Dovi, but will Dovi and Sic both have factory bikes? I doubt it, depends what Repsol do with their 1000's. I guess Sic and Dovi could have this years 800's?

Elias will obviously be gone, replaced I reckon by De Puniet again? I can see perhaps Bradl, Marques, Redding, Haslam, Iannone coming over in the new class for buy in bikes. I think there will be no Elias, Aoyama maybe LCR, Capirossi (who would want to ride for Pramac anyway) perhaps even Edwardsm get Laverty on it!!

NinjaMaster
24th July 2011, 12:15

It would be great if Suzuki came back again with two bikes next year. They would be better chasing Dovizioso than Hopkins though imo.

According to that Autosport article then there will only be two factory Hondas (Stoner, Pedrosa) so Dovi and Sic would have satellite bikes and either Gresini becomes a one bike team or LCR disappear which is a shame. There also seems to be significant rumour of Simoncelli alongside his mate Vale on a thrid factory Ducati, funded by Phillip Morris (so plausible).

I think Capirossi will retire but Edwards may well go round one more time, especially for Yamaha development and to continue mentoring young Cal.

As for who else will fill the grid with Pramac and the CRT bikes is anyones guess. I just hope the CRTs aren't an embarrassing way to fill the grid.

jonny hurlock
30th July 2011, 01:22
interesting rumour (in MCN newspaper this week) that Valentino Rossi could leave Ducati at the end of this season. Go to Honda have his own team what I've read.

Also Andrea Dovizioso, could be going on a LCR Honda next season as-well.

NinjaMaster
30th July 2011, 03:43
interesting rumour (in MCN newspaper this week) that Valentino Rossi could leave Ducati at the end of this season. Go to Honda have his own team what I've read.

Also Andrea Dovizioso, could be going on a LCR Honda next season as-well.

I'd be surprised if Valentino was on anything but a Ducati next year. Firstly, he's said he will be on a Ducati next year (Rossi staying with Ducati for 2012 - Motorcycle racing news: Moto GP - Visordown (http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-racing-news-moto-gp/rossi-staying-with-ducati-for-2012/18583.html)). Secondly, I can't see any reason Honda would want him when they already have Pedrosa and Stoner as contenders and he definately won't be riding a satellite bike. If he went anywhere it would be good to see him land at Suzuki but I think he will really want to make the Ducati work rather than admit defeat and walk away.

Allyc85
1st August 2011, 21:19
Erm Yamaha are pulling out of WSB as an official team...

Yamaha pulls out of WSB - News | Motorcycle Sport | WSB Results | World Supersport | MCN (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/World-Superbikes/2011/July/aug0111-yamaha-pulls-out-of-wsb/)

WTF!

Rod Richardson
1st August 2011, 21:58
Well......that's a pity.......so where will Melandri and Laverty go from here.........I reckon the best bets at this stage would be Tenkate/Castrol Honda in place of Xaus and Kawasaki if Chris Vermeulen's condition doesn't improve...........
Regardless, with Melandri and Laverty available, riders in other teams will be under pressure to up their performance for the rest of the season.
I wonder what's going through Biaggi's mind right now......would be great to see Melandri on an Aprilia.

patnicholls
1st August 2011, 23:41
Yep, sadly saw this this afternoon - pretty gutted for Marco, Eugene and the (Belgarda) team members who clearly didn't know what was coming (the *team* re-signed Marco recently with Eugene set to follow, but Yamaha Europe shut down the operation).

There is a possibility the bikes may get picked up (by, say, the Parkingo team currently leading WSS or the current team with private backing), but troubling times ahead.

WSB has to cut costs and veer away from the near-prototype route it's currently involved in. Anyone reading Dennis Noyes or Julian Ryder's tweets - along with anything from Motomatters - has the right idea.

The Phantom
2nd August 2011, 02:25
Shame to see Belgarda Yamaha go, especially as they were technically the defending series champion just last year.

Rod mentioned Vermuelen as a further potential casualty of changes to come - I'm afraid that is likely to be the case, his career is truly in dire straights at the moment.

NinjaMaster
17th August 2011, 12:33

Finally, good news for MotoGP with HRC Vice President, Shuei Nakamoto announcing that Honda will field 6 bikes next year:

The HRC Vice President then confirmed that there will be six Hondas on track in 2012.
"The bikes will all be equal to start the year, aside from the transmission. The satellite teams that want to use the new gearbox must pay for it separately; it's very expensive, and costs more than the house I live in! The design isn't relevant for use on production bikes, however, since it's only designed to work at very high revs. It wouldn't be useful on the street. Honda will not be selling engines alone, only complete bikes."
GPOne (http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201108154589/Honda-gearbox-super-expensive.html)

NinjaMaster
17th August 2011, 14:34
Well......that's a pity.......so where will Melandri and Laverty go from here.........I reckon the best bets at this stage would be Tenkate/Castrol Honda in place of Xaus and Kawasaki if Chris Vermeulen's condition doesn't improve...........
Regardless, with Melandri and Laverty available, riders in other teams will be under pressure to up their performance for the rest of the season.
I wonder what's going through Biaggi's mind right now......would be great to see Melandri on an Aprilia.

I like your thought's on Melandri at Aprilia but Biaggi is still running 2nd and I really hope they persist with Camier who is a very talented rider. I sadly have to agree with you on Vermeulen. I still think he's talented and skillful enough to be in WSB but injury has crueled him this last two years. Would love to see him on a two-rider Yoshimura Suzuki team with Josh Waters. Eugene joining Rea at Ten Kate would be spectacular and I'd be chuffed to see Marco on a green machine (his Kawasaki outing last time was black).

Yep, sadly saw this this afternoon - pretty gutted for Marco, Eugene and the (Belgarda) team members who clearly didn't know what was coming (the *team* re-signed Marco recently with Eugene set to follow, but Yamaha Europe shut down the operation).

There is a possibility the bikes may get picked up (by, say, the Parkingo team currently leading WSS or the current team with private backing), but troubling times ahead.

WSB has to cut costs and veer away from the near-prototype route it's currently involved in. Anyone reading Dennis Noyes or Julian Ryder's tweets - along with anything from Motomatters - has the right idea.

Dunno about ParkinGo. On one hand, Guiliano Rovelli (ParkinGo team principle) says they want to go WSB next year and Yamaha is an option (http://www.motornewsreport.com/individuals-are-the-past-and-the-future-of-the-sbk-interview-with-giuliano-rovelli/) if they have the resources.
But then in another article he says that they will not be with Yamaha (http://cyclenews.coverleaf.com/cyclenews/20110802?pg=48#pg48) next year. BE1 has been listed as an option but whatever happens, hopefully someone can take over the reigns (I'd love to see Francis Batta get the gig).
Also, Kawasaki's superbike contract is up for renewal too with the Pedercini and Motocard.com teams also interested but I'd be amazed if Paul Bird lost the contract.

100% agree about the need for cost cutting. They have announced that their attempt to reduce costs is only allow each rider one bike. That works fine for supersport who only have one race. I became convinced that WSB needed to 'dumb down' the spec of the bikes when I heard that either Haga or Fabrizio perferred to use MotoGP spec forks in their Ducati whilst the other one preferred the WSB spec forks. That coupled with Rossi testing the R1 and announcing that it was by no means a production bike but a prototype racer and I think the WSB has lost sight of what it is really about and is in danger of again 'outgrowing' itself.

WSB is going to have a very interesting silly season I think.

NinjaMaster
18th August 2011, 12:27
Hmmm, seems Dorna is to acquire WSB (http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201108174605/Le-mani-della-Dorna-sulla-Superbike.html). Hopefully this can be positive.

jonny hurlock
5th September 2011, 22:38
bad news for PBM and Tom Sykes:

Kawasaki to drop PBM, Sykes for 2012 | WSBK News | Sep 2011 | Crash.Net (http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/172744/1/kawasaki_to_drop_pbm_sykes_for_2012.html)

they even started winning too.

NinjaMaster
11th September 2011, 12:10
bad news for PBM and Tom Sykes:

Kawasaki to drop PBM, Sykes for 2012 | WSBK News | Sep 2011 | Crash.Net (http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/172744/1/kawasaki_to_drop_pbm_sykes_for_2012.html)

they even started winning too.

In a follow-up article on Crash.net they said that Sykes hasn't been given his marching orders from Kawasaki (only PBM) and the he and the big K would like to continue together. Hope it works out as he's done a power of development work for them. I'd assume that Motocard will step up and get the Green WSB team contract, apparently with closer factory involvement, and that PBM probably lost the contract due to the drugs/guns scandal earlier this year. Stuart Easton should be riding for Bird next year too, wherever that may be.

BMW has re-signed Haslam for 2012 with his teammate to be announced at a later date. I'd figure on Corser being out and replaced with either Badovini or an ex-GP rider.

Also, Rossi and Ducati just completed a test at Mugello with lots of talk that they ran an aluminium twin-spar frame. Interesting times ahead for them.

jonny hurlock
13th September 2011, 00:39
Toni Elias to test BMW Italia at Misano | WSBK News | Sep 2011 | Crash.Net (http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/172995/1/toni_elias_to_test_bmw_italia_at_misano.html)

Elias could be going to SBK next season with this news.

Allyc85
13th September 2011, 22:08
Ive read on another forum that despite huge crowds the Sachsenring has been dropped from the 2012 Moto Gp calendar due to financial issues :(

jonny hurlock
14th September 2011, 17:39
Ive read on another forum that despite huge crowds the Sachsenring has been dropped from the 2012 Moto Gp calendar due to financial issues :(

Nurburgring next season?

NinjaMaster
15th September 2011, 13:53

Sachsenring out, Argentina in it seems:
motogp.com · MotoGP to return to Argentina in 2013 (http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/MotoGP+to+return+to+Argentina+in+2013)

Sucks that Sachsenring can draw a raceday crowd of 130,000 and can't be financially viable. Something seriously wrong there.

Toni the Tiger (Turtle?) tested the BMW Italia superbike today with a chance to ride it next year (hope so, he'd be good).

Yoshimura Suzuki will race the final round of WSB at Portimao this year with Josh Waters aboard again.

patnicholls
18th September 2011, 23:49
The word on the Sachsenring is that Dorna wanted to up the sanctioning fee by 100% and the ADAC - who run the race - (understandably) said no. Some pocket-lining going on on someone's behalf - it's unbelievable that the Sachsenring has been a sell-out since 1998 and is making a loss.

jonny hurlock
24th September 2011, 19:32
Hopper or De Puniet at LCR next year?

LCR Honda confirm Hopkins and de Puniet talks - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/September/sep2311-lcr-honda-confirms-hopkins-and-de-puniet-talks/)

Also Gresini, could have a 1000cc Works Honda and a 800cc Honda for half the price in MCN newspaper this week.

NinjaMaster
25th September 2011, 16:00
Really hope DePuniet gets his old seat back at LCR, was a travesty it was taken off him in the first place for Elias. Speaking of travesties, that Sachsenring could lose it's round of MotoGP because it's not financially viable after attacting 130,000 spectators on race day alone is a joke but I'm far from laughing.

jonny hurlock
27th September 2011, 16:21
Simoncelli got a works honda at Gresini in 2012. Honda found some more money.

Simoncelli stays with Gresini, gets factory Honda | MotoGP News | Sep 2011 | Crash.Net (http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/173423/1/simoncelli_stays_with_gresini_gets_factory_honda.h tml)

jonny hurlock
6th October 2011, 00:12
Paul Birds team in MotoGP, you having a laugh

MotoGP bosses keen to secure Paul Bird entry for 2012 - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/October/oct511-motogp-bosses-keen-secure-paul-bird-entry-2012/)

BSB yes, SBK yes, MotoGP no, can't see it

alleskids
8th October 2011, 12:28
What new teams are coming to MotoGP and which riders are confirmed for 2012?

Yamaha Factory Racing: Lorenzo / Spies
Monster Tech 3 Yamaha: Crutchlow / Dovizioso

Repsol Honda Team: Stoner / Pedrosa
San Carlo Honda Gresini: Simoncelli (factory bike)/ ??
LCR Honda MotoGP: De Puniet / Hopper ??

Ducati Team: Rossi / Hayden
Cardion AB Motorracing: Abraham
Pramac Racing Team: ??
Mapfre Aspar: Barbera

Rizzla Suzuki ?: ?

jens
8th October 2011, 12:44
Marquez should definitely move up to Moto GP, he has nothing more to prove in lower classes. I also think it could be "now or never" for Bradl to get a good Moto GP ride. It will be difficult to replicate a season like that for him, so he should try to move up.

Interesting, who will join Pramac. Looks like both riders are leaving and the vacant places are not particularly attractive, having been the worst team in MGP this season. Perhaps Bautista will race a Ducati if Suzuki pulls out? He doesn't seem to have many other options sadly.

I think Dovizioso at Tech3 will be a good fit for both sides. Tech3 will get a good experienced lead rider, who can score consistently good points, after the departure of Edwards. Dovi can try to rebuild his career. There are so many riders coming up at Honda (like Marquez) that he won't have a shot at a factory bike any more in the future, but with a different manufacturer he could still make it.

Crutchlow will have real pressure in 2012 - very tough task of beating Dovi if he wants to retain his seat or inevitably he will have to make way to Smith.

jonny hurlock
9th October 2011, 01:25
look almost signed and sealed

Dovizioso (http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/173795/1/dovizioso_signs_for_tech_3_yamaha.html)

Marquez should definitely move up to Moto GP, he has nothing more to prove in lower classes. I also think it could be "now or never" for Bradl to get a good Moto GP ride. It will be difficult to replicate a season like that for him, so he should try to move up.

Marques backed Moto2 squad had asked to reserve an RC213V 1000cc machine, if he wants to jump up into MotoGP next season, I heard Bradl might not come up due to sponsorship problems

jonny hurlock
2nd November 2011, 22:04
Leon Camier at Crescent next season, who his team mate I wonder?

Leon Camier signs for Crescent Suzuki | WSBK News | Nov 2011 | Crash.Net (http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/174543/1/leon_camier_signs_for_crescent_suzuki.html)

NinjaMaster
3rd November 2011, 12:18
That's good news for Camier. He's shown in bits that the potential is there and he's talented enough to belong in WSB. His likely teammate would appear to be between John Hopkins and Tommy Hill.
Reports have been saying that Chaz Davies and his team are headed for WSB in 2012 with Ducati and whilst they are indeed stepping up from WSS with an Italian bike, they have been testing Aprilia RSV4's not Ducati's. Perhaps the first sign of expanded factory support from the new one bike rule in WSB?

jonny hurlock
5th November 2011, 02:27
More than likely Suzuki staying for 2012, possibly one bike team, 800cc bike for the start of the season switching over 1000cc in the middle of the season:

Suzuki poised to confirm 2012 MotoGP deal - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/November/nov0411-suzuki-poised-confirm-2012-motogp-deal/)

Bautista possibly staying if not LCR Honda team

if a second rider, Hopper could be the second rider

NinjaMaster
6th November 2011, 01:31
Apparently Andrea Iannone is to get the vacant ride at Gresini but the factory bike is likely to go to LCR and be piloted by RDP now that Bautista would stay with the all-but-certain to return Suzuki MotoGP team.

jonny hurlock
7th November 2011, 23:21
Hector Barbera joins Pramac Ducati - | Motorcycle Sport | MotoGP News | MotoGP Results | MCN (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/MotoGP/2011/November/nov0711-hector-barbera-joins-pramac-ducati2/)

the worse kept secret of the season

NinjaMaster
13th November 2011, 12:53
Kenan Sofuoglu is heading back to WSS (unfortunately in my opinion, shame to bail on Moto2 after only one season). He will join Kawasakis new WSS 'factory' team, Lorenzini by Leoni, alongside South African rider, Sheridan Morais.

jonny hurlock
18th November 2011, 23:45
So Tony Elias is the MotoGP yo-yo , up and down, up and down at Aspar on a Moto2 bike!?!

Aspar: Elias And Terol Confirmed In Moto2, Espargaro And De Puniet Options In MotoGP | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks (http://motomatters.com/news/2011/11/18/aspar_elias_and_simon_confirmed_in_moto2.html)

and Randy de Puniet on an Aspar Aprillia CRT bike next season?

jonny hurlock
18th November 2011, 23:46
btw what's going on with Marc VDS CRT next season seen Mika Kaillo driving the Suter BMW bike early on the season in testing, no news recently?

jonny hurlock
20th November 2011, 02:44
Hoppers on a Crescent Suzuki in SBK next season, possibly on bike #21 (is bike #21 retired in SBK?)

Hopkins Confirmed With Suzuki In World Superbikes, Could Run #21 | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks (http://motomatters.com/news/2011/11/19/hopkins_confirmed_with_suzuki_in_world_s.html)

NinjaMaster
20th November 2011, 11:47
btw what's going on with Marc VDS CRT next season seen Mika Kaillo driving the Suter BMW bike early on the season in testing, no news recently?

Dunno if Marc VDS are continuing with their CRT project, particularly with Suter after they were pretty miffed with the support they got in Moto2 this year. If so, perhaps Mika has decided he will be more competitive in Moto2 than developing a CRT bike for bottom end of the points at best in MotoGP.

Hoppers on a Crescent Suzuki in SBK next season, possibly on bike #21 (is bike #21 retired in SBK?)

Hopkins Confirmed With Suzuki In World Superbikes, Could Run #21 | MotoMatters.com | Kropotkin Thinks (http://motomatters.com/news/2011/11/19/hopkins_confirmed_with_suzuki_in_world_s.html)

It's good for Hopper, he's too good to be restricted to national level. I hope he keeps number 21 too, he's run that number for many years and I wouldn't find it strange seeing it on the front of his Gixxer, nor do I think he has to live up to the number. Speaking of running a number, Stefan Bradl has signed to ride for LCR Honda in MotoGP for the next two seasons but may not get to run his number 65 as Dorna are pushing to have it retired in honour of Capirossi. Number retirements are a slippery slope in my opinion.

Also, Tom Sykes has re-signed with Kawaski for next year which is good reward for all his hard work there the last couple of year though he and Lascorz are going to have to step it up big time next year.

Yuki Takahashi has signed with the Forward Moto2 team alongside Alex DeAnglis for 2012 and Julian Simon will leave Aspar for the BQR team.

Ranger
21st November 2011, 09:34
Retiring numbers is a rubbish idea, end of story.

Everyone will associate great riders with certain numbers, so it isn't like they will suddenly be forgotten if, heaven forbid, FIM doesn't retire their number.

See: Barry Sheene, #7.

jens
21st November 2011, 17:17
If all the numbers of riders in the caliber of Capirossi were retired, we wouldn't have many numbers left...

jonny hurlock
14th March 2012, 18:53
Troy Bayliss plans dashed, McCormick in | WSBK News | Mar 2012 | Crash.Net (http://www.crash.net/world+superbikes/news/177613/1/troy_bayliss_plans_dashed_mccormick_in.html)