PDA

View Full Version : PT Confirmed for Canadian Races!

Oli_M
20th May 2009, 22:59
I know its all Indy 500 talk at the moment, but just seen the news on Autosport that Tracy will race for KVRT at the Canadian rounds too!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/75455

DanicaFan
20th May 2009, 23:03
I see it as good news but bad news as well. Paul should be running the rest of the season at every race not just Canada. He deserves the ride. :mad:

Chamoo
20th May 2009, 23:19
I see it as good news but bad news as well. Paul should be running the rest of the season at every race not just Canada. He deserves the ride. :mad:

Well it just might happen. Wait and see.

TURN3
21st May 2009, 01:03

Since it is easy to bash you for all the things you say, I have to be fair and say that is the best post I've ever seen from you. At any rate, we at least can expect to see him at Indy, Milwaukee, Toronto, and Edmonton...cross fingers for more.

maxmach
21st May 2009, 16:46
As "they" always say, "more is better". This would hlep everybody, Paul, Indycar, exposure, press....
Go Paul go....

Oli_M
21st May 2009, 21:02
I'm hoping that a few good results (which might well happen since, a, he's getting quite a bit of time in the car/team, and b, he's probably got a better chance on the road courses IMO) could well be enough for GEICO to put forward the sponsorship money to finish off the season. They've got a driver there with probably one of the highest exposures on the grid outside of the Penske, Ganassi teams and Danica. Which is always good!

MDS
21st May 2009, 21:27
Honda of Canada is sponsoring Tracy for Edmonton and Tornoto. Right now the GEICO deal is only for Indy, and he was hoping on some other deals to come together last week which apparently wasn't announced. GEICO doesn't sell insurance in Canada, or Japan, or Brazil for that matter, so they probably won't ever be a full season sponsor, but they could step up for some of the American races, and he still has a relationship with Monster that could turn into something more.