PDA

View Full Version : Michael Rutter

themo
19th May 2009, 23:40
The NW200 Coca-Cola Zero Yamaha team have announced they have parted company with Michael Rutter.

The team released the following statement:

"The NW200 Coca-Cola Yamaha team and Michael Rutter have agreed mutually to part company, both parties accepted they have struggled to get the best out of each other and feel it would be every ones best interest to part on good terms.

racer69
21st May 2009, 07:12
Interesting to see what will happen here. Isn't the NW200 backing tied to Rutter, rather than Rob Mac's team?

MrJan
21st May 2009, 08:14
Not that surprising, he's looked like a bit of an amateur recently and doesn't seem to be able to get anything out of that bike.

patnicholls
21st May 2009, 12:17
It's a bizarre one really - he did win a race last year (on a Ducati) and was 6th overall I think, so to see him struggle to be in the points this year is a fair old shock. It's fair to say that the Rob Mac Yamahas aren't of the same spec as the GSE ones (which are somehow affiliated with the WSB squad), but even so he shouldn't be scrapping with Cup runners.

At Oulton Park he was three seconds a lap off the pace, which obviously in BSB will put you a fair way outside the top fifteen - I seem to recall seeing him struggling to stay ahead of Tom Tunstall who's on elderly machinery. By contrast, Chris Walker was in the top ten and that's where Graeme Gowland had been at Brands too (he broke a collarbone in practice at Oulton), so Rutter was well below what they were doing.

Great rider, wrong team it seems. Think Marco Melandri last year, I guess.

themo
21st May 2009, 13:51

You Could be right about that fact,last season Marco Melandri on a Ducati could only score a total of 51 points compared to Stoner who got 280 and then this season after only 4 events he's got 43 points already on the Hayate Racing Teams Kawasaki.

racer69
22nd May 2009, 10:07
It's a bizarre one really - he did win a race last year (on a Ducati) and was 6th overall I think, so to see him struggle to be in the points this year is a fair old shock. It's fair to say that the Rob Mac Yamahas aren't of the same spec as the GSE ones (which are somehow affiliated with the WSB squad), but even so he shouldn't be scrapping with Cup runners.

At Oulton Park he was three seconds a lap off the pace, which obviously in BSB will put you a fair way outside the top fifteen - I seem to recall seeing him struggling to stay ahead of Tom Tunstall who's on elderly machinery. By contrast, Chris Walker was in the top ten and that's where Graeme Gowland had been at Brands too (he broke a collarbone in practice at Oulton), so Rutter was well below what they were doing.

Rob Mac Yamaha's in some cases seem to be the kiss of death, remember James Haydon struggling in early 2007

themo
26th May 2009, 20:57
The Worx Cresent Suzuki team have today confirmed that michael rutter will replace syvain guintoli for the fourth round of the british superbike championship at Thruxton this weekend.Rutter will ride this meeting only while trhe team decide on a long term solution.

themo
9th July 2009, 23:51
Tommy Hill will return to British Superbike action by taking over the 'substitute' Worx Crescent Suzuki seat from Michael Rutter at the forthcoming Mallory Park round.

Rutter had occupied the ride since Sylvain Guintoli's Donington Park accident, but he and the team mutually agreed to end their association after last weekend's Knockhill round.

themo
15th July 2009, 12:12
Michael Rutter has finally agreed a one-race deal to ride the SMT Honda at Mallory Park this weekend

Triumph
18th July 2009, 22:41
I think Michael Rutter still has great potential. I hope things work out for him.

themo
19th July 2009, 23:42
A 4th and 6th place in todays 2 races,much better from Rutter