PDA

View Full Version : weekend roll call......

SarahFan
19th May 2009, 16:21
who's going?

I'll be there....Hoosier100 on friday night....500 on sunday...

I've recently been PMed by another board member about Coffee on sunday Morning at the track.... any other takers?

Meeting other members is always a strange thing... name-to-face vs.
Anonymity

but I'll share...... 8 years ago i met a guy on these forums.... we were both pretty active on the forums.... we met up at the circuit Villenueve in Montreal for the race weekend.... had Dinner etc.... just hung out...

since he has become one of my best friends.... we have met up at Toronto, Vegas and Long beach for races.... and this weekend the 500...

not just race friends.... we have canoed the green river and explored south east cananda and attended Concerts together.....heck our wives even like each other.....

anyone else have a similar story?

or want to have coffee Sunday Morn?

chuck34
19th May 2009, 16:25
I wish I could get down to the Hoosier 100. I love the "big cars" on a mile track.

Let me know where you're meeting up and I'll see if I can make it.

jackmart
19th May 2009, 20:40
My dream is to go there one day. I got to go to my first race this year at Long Beach and I'm trying to talk my parents into going to mid-ohio this year too.

I'm sad because I have a mandatory retreat I have to go on and it ends Sunday at 12 but Pacific time so I won't even be able to watch the race live. :(

SUBARUTEAM
19th May 2009, 22:30
My dream is to go there one day. I got to go to my first race this year at Long Beach and I'm trying to talk my parents into going to mid-ohio this year too.

I'm sad because I have a mandatory retreat I have to go on and it ends Sunday at 12 but Pacific time so I won't even be able to watch the race live. :(

I would love to make it to Indy one day too - but since I live 12000 miles away, its a bit of a long trip!! To make matters worse, When Dixon crosses the line to make it two in a row, I will have to be at work as it will be Monday morning here in NZ.

I have only seen 'Indy Cars' a couple of times on the gold coast, but have never seen the current spec machines in action. One day I'll get there!!!

To all you lucky people that are going - Have a great weekend and fingers crossed for good weather.

DanicaFan
19th May 2009, 22:56
I will be down there in Indianapolis all weekend. I am working security on Friday (Carb Day), Race Day, and at the 500 victory banquet Monday night.

garyshell
19th May 2009, 23:10
I will be down there in Indianapolis all weekend. I am working security on Friday (Carb Day), Race Day, and at the 500 victory banquet Monday night.

What!!!!???!!! You are working security on race day? That means you won't get to watch the race. Heresy! :s mokin:

Gary

DanicaFan
19th May 2009, 23:34
What!!!!???!!! You are working security on race day? That means you won't get to watch the race. Heresy! :s mokin:

Gary

Yeah, I dont get to watch it like I want to but I do see some of it. I get to hang out in the green room, pit areas,on the track, pagoda, and celeb suites though. :)

NickFalzone
20th May 2009, 02:09
If Danica tries to stomp down pit lane and attack another driver, will you be there to stop and restrain her? Do you have a taser just in case?

Chamoo
20th May 2009, 15:44
If Danica tries to stomp down pit lane and attack another driver, will you be there to stop and restrain her? Do you have a taser just in case?

Are you kidding? He'll probably be marching right along side of her. If she is mad, I'm sure she has a reason.

But in all seriousness, I'm sure working security must be fun. You probably get to see many things we don't get to see. Unfortunately you miss part of the race, but, you are still there, which is more then I can say.

dataman1
20th May 2009, 19:37
who's going?

I'll be there....Hoosier100 on friday night....500 on sunday...

I've recently been PMed by another board member about Coffee on sunday Morning at the track.... any other takers?

want to have coffee Sunday Morn?

My wife and I will be there. Seats are behind the pits. First time to attend a IRL event since the split.

Going to the "Night Before the 500" midget races at ORP on Saturday.

Where are you meeting for coffee? What time?