PDA

View Full Version : Sarah... all that is right about the 500!

SarahFan
19th May 2009, 15:46
http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=227366&title=sarah-fisher

SarahFan
19th May 2009, 15:50
http://www.courierpress.com/news/2009/may/17/for-ownerdriver-sarah-fisher-racing-is-more-than/

SarahFan
19th May 2009, 15:53
http://www.autoracingdaily.com/news/indycar-series/sarah-fisher-fine-tuning-everything-in-preparating-for-500/

ChicagocrewIRL
19th May 2009, 16:23
Thanks for those links Ken !!!

GO SARAH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

SarahFan
19th May 2009, 16:25
Thanks for those links Ken !!!

GO SARAH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!

she was great on the daily show wasn't she!?

SarahFan
19th May 2009, 16:52
http://www.facebook.com/people/Sarah-Fisher/1223143341

send her some good Ol' fashioned Mojo via Facebook

garyshell
19th May 2009, 17:07
Kudos to Jon Stewart for doing a really great interview. No surprise though he is a class act.

Go Sarah!

Gary

SoCalPVguy
19th May 2009, 23:41
I have a lot of respect for Sarah Fisher. First, she has always tried to make it and be known as a driver, not just a "girl driver" seeking any special attention of baring it all (at least most of it incl. a tram stamp) in non-auto magazines. Secondly, I really respect her for the business aspect of starting her own team, getting sponsors, etc... That takes a lot of moxie and many others (incl. experienced men like Bobby rahal and derek walker who tried for a while) haven't been able to do that long term. Good luck Sarah, be safe, and have a great finish !!!

SarahFan
20th May 2009, 15:26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEOIzkC8apI&feature=related

Chamoo
20th May 2009, 15:51
Kudos to Jon Stewart for doing a really great interview. No surprise though he is a class act.

Go Sarah!

Gary

I wonder if we'll see a Daily Show bumper sticker on the car ;)

garyshell
20th May 2009, 16:19
I wonder if we'll see a Daily Show bumper sticker on the car ;)

I'd be really surprised if we didn't.

Gary

Chamoo
20th May 2009, 16:57
I'd be really surprised if we didn't.

Gary

Well we'll have to keep an eye out for it. I'll ask her about it on twitter.

champcarray
20th May 2009, 19:13
Thanks for the links -- I enjoyed the coverage.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else here think she appears a little out of shape? Being an owner must take time away from her physical fitness program.

Chamoo
20th May 2009, 22:25
Thanks for the links -- I enjoyed the coverage.

On an unrelated note, does anyone else here think she appears a little out of shape? Being an owner must take time away from her physical fitness program.

I think that is one of the things that has been an issue her whole career. Sarah has always been, what is the correct way of saying this, a healthy thick. Please in no way confuse this with her being called fat, because she definately isn't, and it isn't what I'm trying to say.

grantb4
21st May 2009, 02:24
Not unlike a lot of other "large" Indy 500 drivers.

ChicagocrewIRL
21st May 2009, 16:51
IndyCar driver Sarah Fisher and team owner presents a "THEMED" showcase on the longest running game show on television, THE PRICE IS RIGHT with Drew Carey.

Tune in Friday May 22, 2009 CBS 11:00 AM EDT, 10:00AM CDT

Sarah is all over the place !!! Gotta love it.

GO SARAH GO !!!!

unfortunately my Tivo is recording Versus Carb Day programming so I can't watch it. Hope it shows up on YouTube.... Ken ?? :)

dataman1
22nd May 2009, 14:42
Sarah is the one I will root for on Sunday. She's the real deal.

Gluaistean
22nd May 2009, 15:09
She has a knack at getting people to like her. She should be able to attract more sponsors with her charm and genuibe smile.

The part in the interview with Stewert she mentioned how she met her husband was hilarious.

What a treat it would be if she won on Sunday. Danica would have a hissy fit. Milka would probably be the first to congratulate Sarah.

ChicagocrewIRL
22nd May 2009, 16:12
Greatest thing about Sarah is she is a genuinely nice person. She always takes time for the fans and is very approachable.

AND... she never whines. Even after the times she has crashed out, she interviews and you can see the sadness but she doesn't whine or make excuses.

And you just can't help but like her.

P.S. I think she looks great in her Dollar General fire suit

drewdawg727
22nd May 2009, 16:50
Wow, she did a really good job presenting that showcase.....

Although you could tell half of the audience was like "who the heck is Sarah Fisher?" when Rich Fields introduced her.

jimispeed
22nd May 2009, 17:13
That was a breath of fresh air! She certainly is a class act!!

garyshell
22nd May 2009, 17:21
by RACHEL COHEN

NEW YORK (AP) -Sarah Fisher doesn't sound all that excited about setting the record for most Indianapolis 500 starts by a female driver.

"I'm proud of that, don't get me wrong," she said Monday while promoting the race with other drivers in New York. "I think that's really cool." But then it's right back to talking about her team. Fisher is smashing boundaries in a much bigger way than just getting behind the wheel for the eighth time at the Brickyard.

She's the only female owner-driver in the IndyCar Series - and that job title means she has to think like an owner who happens to drive, not the other way around.

Every decision has to be based on what's best for Sarah Fisher Racing rather than what's best for Sarah Fisher, the racer.

"Man, I respect anyone who owns their own team," Danica Patrick said Thursday in Indianapolis. "When we were up in New York this week, she was talking about her per diem. I was like, 'Man, you have to think about that?' I can't even fathom that. But you have to when you own the team."

Fisher formed the team with her husband and crew chief, Andy O'Gara, last year. It turned out to be a rough time to start a small business. Her primary sponsor, a sports drink, pulled out of the deal just before the 2008 Indianapolis 500.

Dollar General stepped in last summer, and as the recession forces shoppers to value every penny, it's proved to be an attractive sponsor. Fisher is running an abbreviated schedule of six events this year; she hopes to race all the ovals in 2010.

In this tough economy, in this tough sport, success is measured by moving forward - no matter how incrementally. Hire a new employee? Add another race? Those are major victories.

Fisher is only 28, but when she talks about her future, she sounds like someone much older. Or perhaps she just sounds like somebody who's nine years removed from her first Indy 500 start.

"As you get older, your goals change," she said. "Marrying Andy and seeing the qualities we both had together, it seemed only natural that that would be our next step. We dreamt it, we discussed, and we did it."

Indianapolis 500 pole-winner Helio Castroneves said if he or teammate Ryan Briscoe couldn't win Sunday, he'd like to see Fisher take the checkered flag because of the work she's put in to build her own team.

She's been working 14-hour days the last few months. Every decision could mean the difference between success and failure.

"Is it good? Is it bad? Regardless, it's all ours," Fisher said. "We're responsible for it. That weighs a lot on your shoulders. It's a little stressful at times. But at the end of the day, it's more than worth it."

Fisher's long list of firsts includes becoming the first woman to capture an IndyCar pole when she set a track record qualifying time at Kentucky in 2002. Part of why the Indianapolis 500 record may not seem so huge is that she now has so many more precedents to set as an owner.

"It's such a big thing to showcase for little girls growing up," Fisher said. "It's not so much just being the athlete but being someone who can go and take a business and grow it."

She figures she maybe wants to race another three years or so.

"I don't know," Fisher said. "I'm 28, and I've been here for 10 years. At 15 years, you wonder if you want to start having a family and moving on."

But for now, the best decision for Sarah Fisher Racing is to have Sarah Fisher, the racer, in the cockpit. "I'm in that stage of life where we're still doing this and we're doing a good job of it," she said, "so why stop?"

Nice story from AP link:http://sports.myway.com/news/05222009/v7629.html

Gary

ChicagocrewIRL
22nd May 2009, 19:40
Wow, she did a really good job presenting that showcase.....

Although you could tell half of the audience was like "who the heck is Sarah Fisher?" when Rich Fields introduced her.

Well now they know. :) The Price is Right Showcase did a nice job of presenting the 500 and the Speedway as well.

People see that and say hey those cars look way cooler than stock cars :)

I hope Sarah reads this forum and others and see how many fans she has. I think that would make her smile even more.

And btw Drewdawg your soapbox on that wacky other forum was awesome. I wanna be counted down too !!

BobbyC
22nd May 2009, 20:49
In a way, it was one of those Buckeye State biases of the popular RTL game show.

Host Drew Carey (Cleveland) and announcer Rich Fields (Avon Lake) are Ohio natives. Honda (Marysville) has deals with the show where there are "Honda Only Days" on the show, and Sarah Fisher (Commercial Point) just filled out the show's "Buckeye State" feel on the day from what I have read.

This isn't the only time we've seen Buckeye State bias on the show; they've offered Cavs playoff packages on the show this season.

drewdawg727
22nd May 2009, 20:49
And btw Drewdawg your soapbox on that wacky other forum was awesome. I wanna be counted down too !!

LMAO, well I'm glad I caused enough stir to get the gears in people's heads turning. I'm glad that I am not the only one that thinks that place is "wacky".