PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day: Epilogue

tannat
15th February 2007, 03:17
So how was it for those of you who particiapted/boycotted?

A lot of banter on the forum about it all, and I gave it some thought:

I can recall a truly miserable valentine's day when a girl absolutely tore out my heart and stomped on it with golf spikes. The pain was in my heart, and very, very real...

Then there have been v-days of indifference when nothing really going on lovelife wise. Not pursuing or being pursued, and perhaps aside froma card to mom no notice of it whatsoever

And then I get lucky and have one like today when I create something really out of the box, and special for one that I love, and it touches her heart.

Things like this make life worth living...

Peace..

Tannat

LeonBrooke
15th February 2007, 06:56
Well, I assessed the health of an older person, and agonised over my assignment.

i.e., the usual :mark:

Donney
15th February 2007, 10:25
Nothing unusual went with my mates to have a few beers in the pub, as every wednesday, arrived home at midnight and straight to bed.

LotusElise
15th February 2007, 11:33
Ate a huge bowl of pasta, played on my DS a bit and attempted to fill in more of my uni application forms. A productive evening.

Hazell B
15th February 2007, 11:51
It was our 15th anniversary, but we didn't do much special.

Day out (which we would have had anyway probably) and for the first time ever no exchange of cards and gifts. It was nice :)

tinchote
15th February 2007, 12:47
Quiet family day, visiting family and friends. And a few jokes about Valentine's :D

dwf1
15th February 2007, 12:55
erm......went a played pool with a mate.....went to uni and that was about it..... :(

Drew
15th February 2007, 13:15
Well I had my lectures and at night if I had gone to another club instead of the one I went to, I could have pulled. Maybe soon...

I still had a great night out, though :)

Erki
15th February 2007, 15:00
Went to bed early(alone) and had a good night's sleep for once.

slinkster
15th February 2007, 16:49
I had a card and a few little gifty things waiting for me when I got up... then I had a lovely rose in a vase delivered to my work which was a nice suprise (well sort of... he had asked me a few days ago what my work address was which got me thinking...) and then I was taken out for a chinese meal after work. Nothing too fancy but nice all the same. :)

libra65
15th February 2007, 16:50
Philly got hit with a storm-snow, sleet, freezing rain and ice. Got stuck at home-no sense risking it to go to work let alone out for a meal. You can get thru snow and sleet, but you can't beat ice. Had grilled cheese and soup for dinner and then spent the evening downloading songs into my Itunes account for my IPod until Lost came on.

Alexamateo
15th February 2007, 17:36
We had some friends over for a birthday party for my now 1 year old son :)
With a Valentine's birthday, he's going to be a little heartbreaker when he grows up.

Donney
15th February 2007, 18:09
Congratulations to the young dude! :)

Bebee
16th February 2007, 03:41
Good to know that someone had a good one. :)

Mine was uneventful, yet irritating as my Mum would keep asking me about it. :s

Rollo
16th February 2007, 04:51
I'd sent a repaired radio for a 1990 Honda Accord back to the USA, and then had two yellow roses sent with it.
I got back a dozen 3 Musketeers bars and a six-pack of Dr Pepper.

There's something decidedly romantic about that isn't there? About as romantic as giving someone a railway timetable.