PDA

View Full Version : Tuk-Tuk Rally in September

Ryan
17th May 2009, 21:27
For anybody interested, this September there is a 10 day Tuk-Tuk rally happening accross Sri-Lanka, the nice part! They only taking 25 teams from around the globe this year so grab a place while there is time. Get involved here.

http://www.lankachallenge.com/

I did this in India last year and it was utterly amazing, we raced from Chennai to Mumbai, I will be also there again this year.

Any questions, post away, I'll check back and answer if I can.

Ryan

Mark in Oshawa
22nd May 2009, 14:06
In light of the recent massacre of the Tamil minority up there...ummm I can say no...

Storm
25th May 2009, 03:53
Chennai to Mumbai in a Rickshaw? :crazy:

Ryan
8th June 2009, 20:37
In light of the recent massacre of the Tamil minority up there...ummm I can say no...

Yeah... I wouldn't worry too much about the political situation, the things you see on the news are very localised in the north of the Island, a ceasefire was declared a while ago and in any case the rally route is far away from the recently troubled areas. Overall Sri Lanka is a very peaceful country with traditional and very friendly local people.

The undertone of the rally is a charitable cause to help underprivelaged local children, a cause which is well received in every viallage along the route.

I'm a real advocate. Met some real characters last time too...