PDA

View Full Version : RBR Motorsport Forums Cup 2009-Interested?

lcd
13th May 2009, 07:32
Ok RBR drivers...Here's what I have In mind and I'd like to tell me what you think of It!
I'm In serious thinking of organizing a Richard Burns Rally Championship for WRC Class ,
here at Motorsport Forums , under the name : RBR MOTORSPORT CUP / RBR CHALLENGE CUP.
FORMAT
This championship will be based on the format of cmr2 WRC/IRC , meaning that each competitor will race
each round offline - based on rules of course - write down times and post them to me via pm. I'll do the rest stuff !
INFO
The whole event will last 6 months , taking a break on August ( as most of us will be on vacation :D ) and
each round will have 6 special stages for RBR Cup and 1 stage for RBR Challenge Cup , based on the game's deafult stages.
CALENDAR
Here's the whole season's calendar :

May 29,30,31..............Round 1 : U.S.A. Rally

June 26,27,28.............Round 2 : JAPAN Rally

July 17,18,19..............Round 3 : AUSTRALIA Rally

September 17,18,19...Round 4 : FRANCE Rally

October 9,10,11..........Round 5 : U.K. Rally

November 6,7,8...........Round 6 : SWEDEN Rally

-----------------------------------------------

That's the whole idea! I've almost everything set , for the premier , but I thought to ask for your comments first!
So , feel free to post your opinion or even Ideas , as long as they are possible to accomplish!

Greedz!

Bruce D
13th May 2009, 09:12
I'm quite keen. What are your ideas as far as policing cheating is concerned? And what is the time frame allowed for doing an event? Also, what cars will you allow, just the original WRC cars or additional WRC / S2000 cars?

lcd
13th May 2009, 10:11
...What are your ideas as far as policing cheating is concerned? And what is the time frame allowed for doing an event? Also, what cars will you allow, just the original WRC cars or additional WRC / S2000 cars?

Running an offline event , unfortunately It's Impοssible to guarantee there won't be any kind of cheating...

Νevertheless , there will be some difficulties ( e.g. realistic damage , pacenotes-> off , neutral lock->off ) ,
that will make the events really hard!
I guess the cheating Issue Is a matter of honesty of all competitors!
( cmr2 WRC and IRC Championhips are based on that format , and everything runs O.K.! )

Each event will last 3 days , Day1 + Day 2 for RBR Motorsport Cup and Day 3 for RBR Challenge Cup.
Of course Rally can be done In one day , If anyone wishes!

As for the cars , I'm thinking only for WRC class with no restrictions If It's a default one or any other found In relative rbr sites...

urabus-denoS2000
13th May 2009, 12:26
I'm in ;)

I just think that it's not wise to turn the pacenotes off...This is rallying after all

jimakos
13th May 2009, 14:21
What a nice idea LCD!Richard Burns Rally Championship is as interesting as IRC/WRC!Continue the rally :up:

Bruce D
13th May 2009, 14:35
Running an offline event , unfortunately It's Impοssible to guarantee there won't be any kind of cheating...

Νevertheless , there will be some difficulties ( e.g. realistic damage , pacenotes-> off , neutral lock->off ) ,
that will make the events really hard!
I guess the cheating Issue Is a matter of honesty of all competitors!
( cmr2 WRC and IRC Championhips are based on that format , and everything runs O.K.! )

Each event will last 3 days , Day1 + Day 2 for RBR Motorsport Cup and Day 3 for RBR Challenge Cup.
Of course Rally can be done In one day , If anyone wishes!

As for the cars , I'm thinking only for WRC class with no restrictions If It's a default one or any other found In relative rbr sites...

Don't worry, I used to run my own offline league so I know its difficult, but generally people are fair these days.

I'm confused about the Challenge Cup, what's that all about?

And by pacenotes I guess you're meaning no graphical stuff, like 3D pacenotes or anything just audio, i.e. real life.

Pity you're just sticking to WRC cars, you could allow S2000 cars as well, they are slower than the WRC, but not by much and generally I enjoy them more than the WRC cars, but I'll use WRC cars if I need to.

Only one request, please make the points system something other than the stupid 10,8,6 etc one. Its more fun if you spread the points out to lower down to give everyone a crack. I propose the MotoX points system of 25,22,20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4 ,3,2,1. Gives the winner a advantage but still keeps things tight.

Count me in!!! =)

Frozzy
13th May 2009, 15:05
if i can join would i be possible to use the PS2 version of the game instead of the PC version?

lcd
13th May 2009, 15:51
I'm confused about the Challenge Cup, what's that all about?
RBR Challenge Cup ( example )
After finishing the 6 stages for U.S.A , we race the USA stage ( Prospect Ridge )
there Is In Richard Burns Rally Challenge at the game's main menu...
It's like an extra event , with Its own points!

And by pacenotes I guess you're meaning no graphical stuff, like 3D pacenotes or anything just audio, i.e. real life.
Difficulties
That's excactly what I mean!

I propose the MotoX points system of 25,22,20,19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4 ,3,2,1. Gives the winner a advantage but still keeps things tight.
Point System
Great Idea... ;) I'm working on It!

...you could allow S2000 cars as well, they are slower than the WRC, but not by much and generally I enjoy them more than the WRC cars...

Cars
Well that depends of the entries...If there Is Interest for S2000 I'll probably give It a second thought...

I just think that it's not wise to turn the pacenotes off...This is rallying after all
Pacenotes
I'm thinking of setting off the graphical pacenotes , not the audio!
This Is an Idea to make the game harder , as In real life , driver actually listens to his co-driver only..!

if i can join would i be possible to use the PS2 version of the game instead of the PC version?
That's O.K with me , unless time's not ticking slower for PS2 version :D (...just joking!!! )

tannat
13th May 2009, 16:04
SIGH-wish could could get the PS2 version in the US..... :(

52Paddy
13th May 2009, 20:04
I would love to be competing in this, but I'm having difficulty running my PC games on Linux at the moment. I will definitely enter if I can resolve something using Wine or some other programme. However, I will suggest something in regard to the calendar. I think that, rather than have a break for August, incorporate dropped scores (best 5 of 6 rounds to count.) Some people go on vacation in June and July. Although, I realise that this may not be a favourable option to many competitors. Its just an option. :)

Bruce D
14th May 2009, 06:37
Thanks for the update LCD, will definately be in it. Might struggle with the first round but I'll make a plan. I understand the Challenge part now.

urabus-denoS2000
14th May 2009, 10:47
Then you can simply name the Challenge in the RBR Motorsport Forums Rallysprint championship,I think it's much better ;)

lcd
14th May 2009, 11:55
Then you can simply name the Challenge in the RBR Motorsport Forums Rallysprint championship,I think it's much better ;)

It sounds good to my ears too..!

Bruce D
14th May 2009, 12:22
I second that!

hoofhearted
14th May 2009, 13:16
Sounds Brilliant, have been waiting for this!!!!

could we have shakedown event so that we can compare times etc??

lcd
14th May 2009, 13:46
could we have shakedown event so that we can compare times etc??

Hoofhearted , I'm glad you like the Idea of having a RBR Championship In this forum! :)
This Is a thread , just to see what your reactions are and maybe come up with some good Ideas about RBR Motorsport Cup , before It begins!

So be patient , more details will be revealed...soon!

tannat
14th May 2009, 14:30
Looks like you have stimulated some interest, LCD.

Good move :up:

lcd
14th May 2009, 15:10
Looks like you have stimulated some interest, LCD.

Good move :up:

Thanx for your suppport mate! :)

lcd
15th May 2009, 07:22
I've been doing some tests lately, to check to what extent, the rules of RBR Motorsport Cup
affect the behaviour of the car and I have to tell you, It's not easy at all guys!

The absence of pacenotes (graphics), causes a lack of concentration, which you probably
step over It, after the first 2-3 stages!

Another thing that you'll find frustrating, Is that there's no more driving
In high gear with heavy braking and multiple down shiftings, at least without
paying the cost of It, as Neutral Lock, Gear Protection and Clouch Help, are set off!
Your engine could easily go off In the middle of a hairpin, so you have to stop the car
completely and start again the engine (that means a lot of seconds lost..!)

Fortunatelly, with car damage set to Reduced, there's some space for mistakes, but
don't go over your limits, or you'll be flirting with retirement!!!

Speaking of retirement (I'd really like to see some dnf...) even If someone retires
from RBR Motorsport Cup, he still has a chance to get some points, racing the RBR Challenge
stage on Day 3, as It Is an extra event, with its own points!

To be honest, I've tried 3 times to complete the 1st round (USA Rally) based on the rules
and I dnf all 3 times!!! So, a more conservative way of driving, should be a wise descision!

So, I have to remind the experienced RBR drivers and warn the younger ones that
RBR Motorsport Cup won't be easy at all, but I'm optimistic that It will be
fun and as real, as a game can be!

Keep posting your Ideas and suggestions...

urabus-denoS2000
15th May 2009, 08:23
Sounds great!

Bruce D
15th May 2009, 09:11
The absence of pacenotes (graphics), causes a lack of concentration, which you probably
step over It, after the first 2-3 stages!

Another thing that you'll find frustrating, Is that there's no more driving
In high gear with heavy braking and multiple down shiftings, at least without
paying the cost of It, as Neutral Lock, Gear Protection and Clouch Help, are set off!
Your engine could easily go off In the middle of a hairpin, so you have to stop the car
completely and start again the engine (that means a lot of seconds lost..!)

To be honest, I've tried 3 times to complete the 1st round (USA Rally) based on the rules
and I dnf all 3 times!!! So, a more conservative way of driving, should be a wise descision!

Yeah the pacenotes will probably be the most tricky thing to get used to.

I've gotten used to the S2000 with no help on cos they are faster that way and in a way slightly easier to control for some strange reason. Have only briefly driven the WRC cars in that format so it should be interesting.

USA is a really tricky round at the best of times, mostly cos the pacenotes can be wrong in a number of places and what is a medium corner in one place might be slower than the very next medium corner. Its really down to experience and just how much you want to brave it over those blind crests. Not my favourite event, purely cos of those reasons.

lcd
15th May 2009, 09:24
USA is a really tricky round ...Its really down to experience and just how much you want to brave it over those blind crests...

USA stages are sneaky Indeed! While you feel you're doing great,
something always happens and you end up retiring! :D
RBR Motorsport Forums Cup Is about balance, between how fast and how careful you should be!

hoofhearted
15th May 2009, 10:07
this all sounds brilliant will have to have a go this weekend and see how i get on!

could we perhaps post some times on here so we can guage where our pace is

lcd
15th May 2009, 10:35
Allow me to hold on the event a couple of days, as I'm working over some extra things, before rally starts...
Next week, I'll start an official thread about RBR Motorsport Forums Cup where the whole season will be announced ,
1st round's rules , enrty list forms , shakedown stage and some other usefull things...
Until then, you can experiment, based on things described so far! ;)

urabus-denoS2000
15th May 2009, 11:28
One question:why don't we simply drive through the Czech plugin?

Bruce D
15th May 2009, 12:47
One question:why don't we simply drive through the Czech plugin?

Please not! I have that stupid problem with it where I have to create a whole new profile on my Windows just to get the damn plugin to work. I dont feel like doing that. We can just run it through here rather, its more interesting.

Plus that also eliminates all PS2 players.

Frozzy
15th May 2009, 15:07
wow this is going to test drivers to the maximum i always find it fustrating when getting too much understeer especially in the Uk stages hitting the small ditches almost always pitches me into to multiple barrle rolls which is fun in car veiw camera :p

urabus-denoS2000
15th May 2009, 20:45
Plus that also eliminates all PS2 players.

Yes that's a good point ;)

steve_spackman
16th May 2009, 03:00
I would enter, but i am having issues with the save option..I am unable to save ANYTHING on the game. The option isnt even there. Any help as to where i could or how to install a save file for the game??

lcd
16th May 2009, 06:59
Agreed! Plus the fact , I 'd like to have RBR Motorsport Forums Cup, In these
forums and not somewhere else!

[quote="steve_spackman":y9vguui5]I would enter, but i am having issues with the save option..I am unable to save ANYTHING on the game. The option isnt even there. Any help as to where i could or how to install a save file for the game??[/quote:y9vguui5]
What exactly do you mean by ' The option Isn't there '?

There Is auto save ( In championship mode ) each time you visit the service park...
In case you want manually to save game, after a special stage you just use the 'save progress' option,
so next time you enter rbr championship, choose to 'get started from where you last stopped'
In case you mean a saved game ( unlocked stages,cars,etc ) get It from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/233517089/SavedGames.rar.html
Extract archive and copy+paste containing folder to C:Program Files\SCI\RichardBurnsRally...

I hope you figure It out..!

lcd
16th May 2009, 07:07
...Plus that also eliminates all PS2 players.
Agreed! Plus the fact, I 'd like to have RBR Motorsport Forums Cup, In these forums and not somewhere else!

...The option isnt even there. Any help as to where i could or how to install a save file for the game??
What exactly do you mean by ' The option Isn't there '?

There Is auto save ( In championship mode ) each time you visit the service park...
In case you want manually to save game, after a special stage you just use the 'save progress' option,
so next time you enter rbr championship, choose to 'get started from where you last stopped'

In case you mean a saved game ( unlocked stages,cars,etc ) get It from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/233517089/SavedGames.rar.html
Extract archive and copy+paste containing folder to C:Program Files\SCI\RichardBurnsRally...

I hope you figure It out..!

tmx
16th May 2009, 11:56
You can sign me up, but I have to play on keyboard because I don't have a table in my apartment that my Momo can be mount onto. The annoying thing about keyboard is sometimes the car jerk it self sideway for no reason.

Also will it be based on the championship in the game or composed of combination individual stages. I was never able to finish the championship in the game because my games crashes during it for some reason, but I used "MULLIGATAWNY" to get all the stages. I have both the cd and dvd version of the game so I might have to try the dvd version.

Cheating won't be a problem I can upload my replays. Also I use the stock cars only with no other mods. I need to start practicing, I haven't played all the stages in the game yet.

lcd
16th May 2009, 12:08
Glad to see you here tmx... ;)
Next week all details of RBR Motorsport Cup will be announced
and answers to all your questions will be given! Just stick around here!!!
Till then...keep practicing!!!

Zico
16th May 2009, 17:40
Thanks for the invite LCD, I wish I could say a definate yes to doing the full championship but I have a lot of other commitments ahead unfortunately, my pregnant mrs is due in August and may only manage a few events if Im lucky.

I'll definately do the full championship next season though, would the RSRBR 08 mod not be more fun to do it with? tbh.. I find the original RBR cars so dull now, the newer cars.. especially the rallycross versions of the C4 and Focus are just so fantastic to drive, they handle so well and the power delivery is peaky just like a n/a engine.

Could we?

jso1985
16th May 2009, 19:53
I didn't even know there was a PS2 version of it :eek:

probably just for PAL countries right? :(

Bruce D
17th May 2009, 15:40
Yeah there is a PS2 version and its available here in SA so it must be a PAL thing then.

As for RSRBR 08 I think it should be whatever you want to use, be it original cars or updated ones.

However, having done some testing yesterday, I'd say definately dont allow anything other than WRC cars, cos the S2000 cars would be far more consistent and easier to finish events with.

J4MIE
17th May 2009, 17:56
Count me in too, you can count on me coming last in every event :p :

lcd
18th May 2009, 05:59
Νοw, listen up carefully guys...

We'll stay In this thread for another 2 days, until Wednsday 20th May,
when I'll start a new thread announcing the 1st round of RBR Motorsport Forums Cup 2009,
with all details how to declare your entry and of course the rules of the event! ;)

Feel free to post last minute's Ideas and suggestions!

redrover
18th May 2009, 08:51
I'll be there.

One question? Can we use our own pacenotes, my regular codriver and I have pacenoted some of the stages and go a lot quicker on our own notes.

Ray

lcd
18th May 2009, 09:35
I'll be there.

One question? Can we use our own pacenotes, my regular codriver and I have pacenoted some of the stages and go a lot quicker on our own notes.

Ray

I'm glad you're here redrover ! :)
If you're referring to audio pacenotes, go ahead...as long as your co-driver
calls them out to you, because the graphical pacenotes will be set off!

tmx
18th May 2009, 18:29
I will have to play with Clutch Help because it would be very hard to do on keyboards.

I wonder what kind of competition I'm getting, should be tough going against the newer cars.

lcd
18th May 2009, 18:38
I wonder what kind of competition I'm getting, should be tough going against the newer cars.

Don't worry tmx!
In RBR Motorsport Cup Isn't only speed that matters...
Believe me, even the newer cars with a bit change physics,
will find difficult to make great times due to rules of course!
I've been Into testing a lot lately, and I have to tell you
things are quite tough!
You must practice more though, as I think all competitors,
are quite familiar to the game! ;)

Bruce D
19th May 2009, 06:24
Yeah, for example the Citroen C4 is a bit quicker than say the standard Impreza 2003 model, but good luck finishing a rally with it's handling. ;)