PDA

View Full Version : Alonso offers Hamilton some advice

wedge
7th May 2009, 22:58
"...So to help his reputation that is damaged now, that is very easy - just keep winning. He will make people, his supporters, happy"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8039079.stm

Valve Bounce
7th May 2009, 23:21
There are some, possibly many Brits who will make excuses for Lewis and accept him as numero uno as soon as he wins again. People will forget his part in the lying fiasco and blame Ron Dennis for it.

That is the sad part about F1.

F1boat
8th May 2009, 06:49
I agree with Fred...

555-04Q2
8th May 2009, 06:51
Stuff reputation and what people think, thats what mirros were invented for. FA is right, start winning again and your are doing your job as you were employed to do.

Popularity contests are for the Miss Universe pageant.

wmcot
8th May 2009, 07:25
You have to have a ruthless streak to win in F1 (consistently, at least) They don't pick the WDC on sportsman points!

Dave B
8th May 2009, 07:49
Alonso is correct - if history is anything to go by we easily forgive and forget the flaws of champions all the time they're still winning. Hamilton needs to do his talking on the track.

Hats off to the Spaniard for not using "liegate" as an excuse to stick the knife in, perhaps more indication that their alleged disdain for each other is a by-product of a bored media. :up:

Donney
8th May 2009, 08:16
As it was always said by both of them, even if they admitted they are not friends.

leopard
8th May 2009, 08:46
I think they were friends, we dramatized their conflict and Alonso got provoked ... ;)

CNR
8th May 2009, 08:56
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13203&Itemid=219
Fernando Alonso misses the push of a top Formula 1 team-mate

had kind words for the reigning World Champion when asked about the damage done to Hamilton's reputation by the Formula 1 liegate affair

? is this a play to get rid of Nelson Piquet

PolePosition_1
8th May 2009, 09:13
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13203&Itemid=219
Fernando Alonso misses the push of a top Formula 1 team-mate

? is this a play to get rid of Nelson Piquet

I noticed this also, though it is known a large factor in keeping Piquet was the fact that his relationship with Alonso is solid, and they work well together.

Though I do feel Piquet may be out within next couple of races unless he scores points.

Knock-on
8th May 2009, 10:40
It is with great regret that the 2 couldn't exist in the same team.

Freddy got his nose put out of joint and reacted badly but now I think they have both built up a grudging respect for each other.

I would love to see the two of them in identical equipment again as in my opinion, they are the 2 best drivers out there today.

Valve Bounce
8th May 2009, 11:05

Freddy got his nose put out of joint and reacted badly but now I think they have both built up a grudging respect for each other.

I would love to see the two of them in identical equipment again as in my opinion, they are the 2 best drivers out there today.

Excuse me!! Isn't bunsen better?

Knock-on
8th May 2009, 11:13
Excuse me!! Isn't bunsen better?

Button is in the top 3 I think but these 2 have a slight edge that I put down to pure racecraft and aggression.

markabilly
8th May 2009, 11:38

Excuse me...LH was the ione who got his nose out of joint and repeatedly provoked the whole thing, while poppa ronnie d and anthony said it okay, we love you more than that spainard

And then we have the liegate and lewis throwing his own team and Ryan and RD under the bus, because the boy told a big fat lie, and when faced with the prior wrods right out of his lying mouth, admitted....

But Valve and freddie are both right

"There are some, possibly many Brits who will make excuses for Lewis and accept him as numero uno as soon as he wins again. People will forget his part in the lying fiasco and blame Ron Dennis for it.

"That is the sad part about F1."

Originally Posted by http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/aria/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=0#post0)
"...So to help his reputation that is damaged now, that is very easy - just keep winning. He will make people, his supporters, happy"

markabilly
8th May 2009, 11:47
There it is :p

Knew it wouldn't be long........
:love:

Knock-on
8th May 2009, 11:55
LOL awww Cheers mark that has really brought a smile to my face, i'm touched ;)

Since ioan's been gone the word 'Fanboy' hasn't been thrown around. What does that mean btw?? Is that a mainland European insult maybe??

PML :laugh:

wedge
8th May 2009, 12:14
There are some, possibly many Brits who will make excuses for Lewis and accept him as numero uno as soon as he wins again. People will forget his part in the lying fiasco and blame Ron Dennis for it.

So do you still think Button is a conniving piece of horse manure for going behind Dave Richard's back, trying to worm his way back to Williams and then turn full circle crying back to daddy Dave again?

Alonso may have done wrong at McLaren but I feel Brits still respect him as a top level driver.

Sorry, but this isn't the 1960s anymore. F1 is nicknamed the Pirahna Club for no reason. It's every man/team for themselves and as a consequence it will not be pretty at times.

Knock-on
8th May 2009, 13:02

The boy made a mistake.

He was made a laughing stock because of that mistake.

He was punished for that mistake and has the threat of further punishment should he not learn from that mistake.

I personally have never made any excuse for Lewis's behaviour and think he got what he deserved. However, he's done it, he's been punished and now it's time to move on.

Personally, I would be delighted if he gets back to winning ways and does his talking on the track. As long as that happens, and we don't get another episode like this, then I will gladly support him and continue to accept him as numero uno.

:p :

Tazio
8th May 2009, 14:53
Back on subject, Fred went through a process of having to suck it up and mature.
The way the media is all over these guys they still couldn't find a nasty word against Lewis out of Fred.
I think he is sincerely empathetic (as he was a bit of a bragger in his earlier days).
I think the guy is tits!

yodasarmpit
8th May 2009, 18:15
Alonso may have done wrong at McLaren but I feel Brits still respect him as a top level driver.

.I think you would be hard pushed to find anyone who doesn't respect Alonso as a top class driver.

He also proves the point that reputation can be repaired given time, most would be reasonably pleased to see Alonso doing well these days.

Knock-on
11th May 2009, 13:04
I think you would be hard pushed to find anyone who doesn't respect Alonso as a top class driver.

He also proves the point that reputation can be repaired given time, most would be reasonably pleased to see Alonso doing well these days.

I still dream that he will race in the same team as Lewis one day :)