PDA

View Full Version : Dale Jr and his problems ...

Fred Basset
4th May 2009, 02:09
I like Tony. But here's the thing on Rick's plate.

Is Tony worth keeping? Point being, Tony is there for one reason: Jr wants him there. Tony's value can be based on two factors, is he good enough that others in the garage would love to take him away, and can Jr actually handle a real crew chief who fights like his job depends on it every week and won't take crap from anyone.

My feelings are; no one else really wants Tony, and Jr can't handle a real crew chief

Got this from a buddy of mine whos in the Nascar garage

I think he speaks the truth. :up:

e2mtt
4th May 2009, 04:47
It sounds like the truth to me.

It is up to Rick Hendrick to make a change happen. A businessman like Hendrick doesn't let an investment like he made in signing Dale go bad because of complacency & family ties. Dale wasn't signed to run mid-pack & win popularity contests, he was signed to run well and win.

RaceFanStan
4th May 2009, 12:27
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/ha.gifTony Eury Jr could make a great Nationwide Series crewchief & maybe should move there ...
perhaps Dale Jr should go with him to the Nationwide Series ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

RaceFanStan
4th May 2009, 12:30
an ad in NASCAR Today states a driver is looking for a pitstall finding dog to ride with an undisclosed driver ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

muggle not
4th May 2009, 17:53
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/ha.gifTony Eury Jr could make a great Nationwide Series crewchief & maybe should move there ...
perhaps Dale Jr should go with him to the Nationwide Series ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif
geez, how short a memory some have. :)
In 2003 - 3rd in points
In 2004 - 5th in points
In 2006 - 5th in points

Not exactly results from an average driver.

I can excuse the thread starter as he didn't know what nascar was in those years. :rolleyes:

jr will be competitive again in Cup.

Lee Roy
4th May 2009, 18:17
In 2003 - 3rd in points
In 2004 - 5th in points
In 2006 - 5th in points

I can excuse the thread starter as he didn't know what nascar was in those years. :rolleyes:

Yep. Let a driver go though a "dry spell" and so many people suddenly forget what that driver was able to accomplish in other years.

Fred Basset
4th May 2009, 22:25
In 2003 - 3rd in points
In 2004 - 5th in points
In 2006 - 5th in points

Oh Muggle, you really should know better.. i was over in the US watching races in 2003.. how many races has Jnr won in the last 103?????

C'mon answer it, don't use old stats.. lets see the stats from the last 3 years... You think he's so good LOL..

Where is he in points right now. He won't make the Chase.. the guy in the team i know is right. Jnr would rather have a CC in can control than one that will beat him down. Thing is Hendrick will change that sometime soon and then we'll see what he's capable of.. only issue i see is the word in NASCAR is that there was a clause in Jnrs contract saying he could pick his own CC.. time will tell on that one

muggle not
5th May 2009, 03:28
You're out of your league Freddy. You are the person saying that Jr has no talent. Now you are saying that you can't include 3 of his best years when judging him. What else would you like to exclude to prove your point. Oh, maybe we should exclude Jr's 2 Busch Series Championships.

The point is....you say Jr has no talent. Yet his record says he has done very good and much better than most drivers in Cup.

willracefan
5th May 2009, 06:41
junior was running with veterans back then mostly who now have depleted rides or are retired. only stewart, johnson, j.gordon, kenseth, ku.busch were his biggest challenges and rcr was down, roush wasnt completely at top level with biffle yet, and penske, ganassi, evernham were not on the same page...

now junior has those same drivers, plus two new roush drivers in edwards and biffle, hamlin, kyle busch, rcr now(well until just recently), and drivers like brian vickers with subpar equipment can even challenge him. not to mention ryan newman now that he is driving hendrick equipment. and whats so funny about back then is who junior's crew chief was...tony eury jr!

RaceFanStan
5th May 2009, 12:28
For Dale Jr to be successfull on track he needs to cut back on his off-track criteria ...
look at all of the commercials with Dale Jr, surely nobody thinks a 30 second commercial is done in 30 seconds ...
add in Dale Jr's "me-time" & the time for concentrating on racing is lost ...
I guess being NASCAR's "Most Popular Driver" comes at a cost. :eek:

Fred Basset
5th May 2009, 12:52
You're out of your league Freddy. You are the person saying that Jr has no talent. Now you are saying that you can't include 3 of his best years when judging him. What else would you like to exclude to prove your point. Oh, maybe we should exclude Jr's 2 Busch Series Championships.

The point is....you say Jr has no talent. Yet his record says he has done very good and much better than most drivers in Cup.

Why live on past glories Muggle, we're in the present not the past that you would rather be in... how many wins in the last 103 races in Cup? :laugh:

Anyway, i don't have time for discussions with a Jnr "lover"... Just blow him a big kiss next time you see him as you like him so much :laugh:

Lee Roy
5th May 2009, 12:55
Don't sell Freddy short, Muggle. I've actually been to a couple of NASCAR races with him and his wife (Richmond and Dover). And if he says he knows a guy on a Cup team, I have no doubt that he does. Fred has an amazing ability to make friends with people. He may be slightly irritating at times on racing forums, but in person he's a solid citizen.

I have no doubt that Fred's friend made the comment. But do I believe their opinion? Well, let's just say that my opinion is different. ;)

muggle not
6th May 2009, 01:21
Don't sell Freddy short, Muggle. I've actually been to a couple of NASCAR races with him and his wife (Richmond and Dover). And if he says he knows a guy on a Cup team, I have no doubt that he does. Fred has an amazing ability to make friends with people. He may be slightly irritating at times on racing forums, but in person he's a solid citizen.

I have no doubt that Fred's friend made the comment. But do I believe their opinion? Well, let's just say that my opinion is different. ;)
Lee Roy....I do not doubt that Fred is a solid citizen and probably even a nice guy when you get to know him. He does though need some "learning" about Nascar from time to time. :D If only he could stop being such a P.I.A. and learn some from others like you what Nascar is all about. ;)

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
6th May 2009, 10:04
I think a change of crew chiefs would be good for both Jrs. Last season wasnt great and this season is looking worse. Hendrick must have sponsers asking him questions about performance?, if i was paying 20 million dollars a year for that car id be asking serious questions.

I think Tony Jr is a good crew chief but maybe the working relashionship has gone stale and maybe Dale Jr has got a little too comfortable for his own good. Dale Jr has said in the past he doesnt want a new crew chief because "he enjoys racing with his cousin" but with the amounts of money being thrown around surely its got to be about more than just going out and having fun. And i doubt that at the moment they cant be having much fun anyways.

oldhippie
6th May 2009, 12:30
i would not blame the crew chief if the driver is the weakest link

Sparky1329
6th May 2009, 18:23
Yeah but the crew chief always gets dumped before the driver does, old hippie. I like Dale Jr but something is definitely amiss. He's better than this and statistics back that up. His last name wasn't holding the steering wheel through two Busch championships and the 22 wins in that series plus 18 Cup wins including thae Daytona 500. I just don't know how long HMS will be able to avoid making changes.

RCR had to bite the bullet with the #07 and #29 teams. It's too soon to tell how that will pan out but at least Casey had a good finish. Harvick found himself some bad luck but he seemed to be running well.

Mark in Oshawa
9th May 2009, 02:53
What this always comes back to is the theory Jr. has no talent was was carried all the way through 18 Cup wins and 22 wins in Nationwide/Busch. The point still is, you don't get all of THAT with luck. His last name didn't win those races. He did. I can not count the number of times he was running up front when the motor let go either. Maybe there was a win or two more in the cards?

Now the last two years, one points win in Cup, one non points win, and some good runs. Ok, so we established he HAD talent and results, but now he isn't getting them. Is it his fault? Tony Jr's Fault? Likely a bit of both.

I think Tony Jr. HAS to go only because it will tell everyone once and for all whether this is Tony or Dale's mess. I like Tony, I think there is a lot of evidence that he is a good crew chief, but this car and his adjustments during the race have rarely put Dale in a position to win this year, and Dale always seemed to be fighting to hold onto a setup. Now a lot of that could be in his trying to change Tony's mind and opinion of what is required from the driver's seat, a cardinal sin, but I suspect that doesn't happen too often, or at least not as often as people think. It just think it is a combinination of things.

Just remember, Hendrick has been down this road before. Once upon a time he had Darrell Waltrip as a driver, with Gary Nelson on the box and Waddel Wilson as the Car chief and everyone figured they would mop the floor with everyone. Instead....they sucked and never won a race with those three. You telling me Gary Nelson wasn't one of the great crew chiefs and Waddell all the sudden became an idiot? Waltrip was a Hall of Fame worthy driver, but he suddenly suck?

Winning races sometimes has a lot to do with chemistry. Personal chemistry.

It is why I think Tony Jr. should step aside if they can find the right guy to come into the situation and stabilize it. The problem is, that guy isn't out there right now......

The instant classic
9th May 2009, 03:40
the sad thing is dale jr doesnt have to win a race for the rest of his racing career fans/nascar will still say hes the most popular
hell if i was nascar most popular driver why wolud i even try every sunday?
i sometimes wonder if thats what jr thinks?

NickFalzone
9th May 2009, 04:11
The reality is that no owner including Hendrick is going to change Jr. If he wants to improve the performance of the 88 car, Tony's got to go. Switch him with Mark's crew chief and see what happens. I don't think Jr is even wanting to keep Tony as his crew chief, but he wants it to be forced upon him so it doesn't make him look bad.

youtellme
10th May 2009, 05:12
Look for Jr. to be back at DEI next year.

He will have FULL control at DEI.
Threesa has seen the light and knows she has sheet in her mess kit.
Bass Pro gone next year.

No doubt he is getting RnD stuff as Hendricks does
most new drivers. Last year was just the first year he had to make a good showing.
Tonight his team mates WIN and are in the top 5, he gets 27th..
Even rookie 09 makes a top 10.

He has been running like that. Either Tony just can't make it or Jr. just sucks
in his ability, he makes more off the track.

At Dega they give him some good stuff just because that is his track..
Who knows but something is not right with it.

Fred Basset
10th May 2009, 12:46
All the other Hendrick drivers in the top 5 and Jnr..... 27th LOL :laugh:

The instant classic
10th May 2009, 14:55
All the other Hendrick drivers in the top 5 and Jnr..... 27th LOL :laugh:
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Mark in Oshawa
11th May 2009, 05:02
Not sure what is to be done, but I suspect we will know in the next few weeks. I think Tony Jr. better look at polishing up his resume. IF he does go however, Jr will be out of excuses. I say this as a guy who has supported him and knows he had talent for a few years. He shouldn't be washed up at 34 but at some point, his biggest issue is between his ears I think....

Fred Basset
11th May 2009, 16:55
Look for a key member of the 48 team to be Jnrs new CC by the start of the next points race.. looks like HMS is serious about moving Eury on. What Jnr feels about it and the fact that he wants a CC that he can get on with/manipulate is anyones guess. Ricks taking control of the situation :up:

Sparky1329
11th May 2009, 17:46
At this point I don't think Rick has a choice, Fred. Alan Gustafson was on with Dave Despain last night on Wind Tunnel talking about rumors of a CC swap. I don't think anyone will be surprised to see some changes being made and soon.

Fred Basset
11th May 2009, 19:00
But don't think its going to happen with Jnr being happy. If the rumours of his contract and that he can pick his CC are right, and his buddies being removed... well we'll just have to see what happens

The instant classic
11th May 2009, 21:46
i have an idea for JR! why not just for the all-star race change crew chief with anyone in HMS who cares what happens its the all-star race no points

RaceFanStan
11th May 2009, 23:15
I suspect Todd Berrier from the #07 will trade places with Tony Eury Jr on the #88.
Dale Earnhardt Jr in the #88 (18th in points) has 0 wins, 1 top 5s, & 3 top 10s ...
Casey Mears in the #07 (22nd in points) has 0 wins, 0 top 5s, & 1 top 10 ...
a crewchief change probably wouldn't hurt either team & could help them both run better.
The only downside to making this change is that it gives Dale Jr another excuse for running poorly. :s

Jeff Gordon in the #24 (1st in points), has 1 win, 6 top 5s, & 8 top 10s ...
Jimmie Johnson in the #48 (4th in points) has 1 win, 6 top 5s, & 7 top 10s ...
Mark Martin in the #5 (11th in points) has 2 wins, 3 top 5s, & 6 top 10s ...
I don't think it would be smart to disturb the team structures that are running well. :bulb:

e2mtt
12th May 2009, 02:12
If Hendricks' 24 & 48 teams are run as well as it seems they are, I would imagine that Knaus & Letart have assistants & proteges ready to step up in case there was a problem in their own teams. One of these guys would be the solid bet to take over the 88 team.

Most of the best NFL coaches move directly to head coaching from a coordinator position under a top coach rather from a head coach in a lesser league. I think it is the same way with race teams.

If I could pick anyone at all to be my crew chief, I'm not picking someone who is currently a crew chief but out of the top 20 in points, or doing a good job as a CC in Nationwide. I want Chad Knaus's right hand man!

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
12th May 2009, 09:47
But don't think its going to happen with Jnr being happy. If the rumours of his contract and that he can pick his CC are right, and his buddies being removed... well we'll just have to see what happens

If he starts winning or even running solid top 10's hes gonna be happy. Well you would hope so anyway!

Mark in Oshawa
17th May 2009, 15:12
I think Tony Jr is going to be gone. Anyone who listens to Dave Moody's Sirius Speedway show on the NASCAR channel last week would have heard Dave's take on things. There is someone in the Hendrick camp that has stated that 3 out of the 4 cars are running one style of setup and the 88 is running the other. Is that Tony or Dale's stubborness coming through? It really doesn't matter, because the other guys are running well and the 88 is not some either someone will be fired or changes of some sort are in the works. You can try anything you want until it doesn't work, then you have to suck up your pride and follow the trend.

As for who will replace Tony if that happens, it wont be someone in charge of one of the other 3 teams. Gustfasson, Knaus and Letarte are not going anywhere....but I can see a Car Chief or two maybe getting the nod...

Funny...Darien Grubb was the Car Chief and engineer for the 88 last year, and this year he is on the box for the 14. I think there is your chemistry issue, Grubb was the guy making the 88 run up front last year....

RaceFanStan
19th May 2009, 14:27
I think the Hendrick equipment & the #88 crew may exceed Dale Jr's talent ...
maybe they should test the #88 at a non-sactioned track with another driver.

muggle not
19th May 2009, 15:51
How soon we forget the days when jr was running good. Something is wrong with the team but it isn't jr's lack of talent.

NickFalzone
20th May 2009, 02:21
It's partly the crew, but to be honest I think Jr. is just getting burned out on stock car racing. I can see it in his eyes. The fire was somewhat there the first half of last season, but now I see a guy that wants to do well, but is just tired of racecar driving and dreads another week of racing. I could certainly be way off, but that's what I see. I think something like a new crew chief, and a driver coach, would do wonders for Jr's drive to win. He needs to get his mental game in better shape.

e2mtt
20th May 2009, 02:27

some admins might delete this post as flame-bait...

NickFalzone
20th May 2009, 02:54
Sorry, but there's no way Jr. will ever be back at DEI. A nice thought, but in the prime of his career, no way that's happening.

youtellme
20th May 2009, 04:59
Sorry, but there's no way Jr. will ever be back at DEI. A nice thought, but in the prime of his career, no way that's happening.

Dont bet the Farm it will not happen.
Threesa has seen the light, its down hill and only 1 person can right it back up. Now Bass Pro gone next year
He gets full control.
Strap in buckle up and hold on..

harvick#1
20th May 2009, 18:19

you thinkin Brad K will replace him :laugh:

Jooyner has talent, but its not the talent alot of people thought to believe, hes an average driver at best, he shows signs of good and bad races, every racer has that. hell even the old man had dry spells. did that mean he had no talent either

RaceFanStan
21st May 2009, 02:45

some admins might delete this post as flame-bait...
My post is one fan's opinion not flame-bait as you call it.
NO it won't be censored.

To take it a step further I would like to see a head to head at a non-sactioned track in the SAME #88 car.
Dale Jr vs any driver Hendrick should chose to test against him.
There is some good up & coming talent out there, it could prove interesting.

(Just so you know I am the NASCAR Forum moderator.)

RaceFanStan
21st May 2009, 02:54
you thinkin Brad K will replace him :laugh:
NO, actually I think Brad Keselowski is very over-rated.
Once he goes Cup full-time it will become very apparent.

e2mtt
21st May 2009, 04:34
...(Just so you know I am the NASCAR Forum moderator.)

I know you are the moderator, that's why I said it. ;-)

Maybe he should go to DEI. He could hang out around 20th place with Harvick, with nice slow equipment that is more his speed.

NickFalzone
21st May 2009, 04:36
Keselowski is more inexperienced than untalented. Same with Logano, they should both get another year in Nationwide before the big show.

harvick#1
21st May 2009, 08:30
Maybe he should go to DEI. He could hang out around 20th place with Harvick, with nice slow equipment that is more his speed.

Harvick is not in HMS equipment, if he was, he'd be running up front alot more, RCR has not been strong for the past 9 years, sure they have built some great chassis' but nothing that was an all-around success.

plus Harvick finished 4th in points last year and not even recorded a win, he showed how consistency works. don't start dragging harvick into this cause he has nothing to do with this thread

RaceFanStan
21st May 2009, 14:12
Keselowski is more inexperienced than untalented.
Same with Logano, they should both get another year in Nationwide before the big show.
I never said Keselowski was untalented.
I do think he has talent, his stats in the Nationwide Series verify that he has some talent.
(however he is in a top Nationwide Series ride, the results should be there ...)
I stated that Keselowski was over-rated. (Yes, I agree he is inexperienced.)
People seem to think Brad Keselowski is the next Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart.
IMO Brad Keselowski isn't on the same talent level as Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart.

muggle not
23rd May 2009, 03:07
People seem to think Brad Keselowski is the next Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart.
IMO Brad Keselowski isn't on the same talent level as Jeff Gordon or Tony Stewart.
You gotta be kidding. who in their right mind think he is on the same talent level as jeff or tony.

NickFalzone
23rd May 2009, 03:14
Yeah, I haven't heard anyone compare Keselowski to past champions like Stewart or Gordon. Now Logano on the other hand...

Honestly, I think the standard right now for these guys is Kyle Busch, and I don't think either of them show quite that much promise. However, time will tell. At the moment they both seem in over their heads.

RaceFanStan
23rd May 2009, 03:27
You gotta be kidding. who in their right mind think he is on the same talent level as jeff or tony.
I am referencing to Jeff Gordon & Tony Stewart - Cup, the early years.
Keselowski won't measure up IMO.

muggle not
23rd May 2009, 12:55
I am referencing to Jeff Gordon & Tony Stewart - Cup, the early years.
Keselowski won't measure up IMO.
That is what my statement was also referencing. Keselowski shows nowhere near the talent Jeff or Tony did in their early years.

RaceFanStan
23rd May 2009, 16:38
Well then we must agree. :D :up:

muggle not
23rd May 2009, 17:33
Well then we must agree. :D :up:
Jeff Gordon won the championship 3 of his first 5 years in Cup. let the others shoot for that accomplishment. :D

Mark in Oshawa
23rd May 2009, 21:56
Harvick is not in HMS equipment, if he was, he'd be running up front alot more, RCR has not been strong for the past 9 years, sure they have built some great chassis' but nothing that was an all-around success.

plus Harvick finished 4th in points last year and not even recorded a win, he showed how consistency works. don't start dragging harvick into this cause he has nothing to do with this thread

You keep dragging him in, and he isn't beating his teammates Burton and Bowyer so I would suggest you do your best to not use Harvick at all....

oldhippie
24th May 2009, 16:37
harvick drools thinking about getting a hendrick car
junior has a hendrick car but he is the slowest of the 4 hendrick cars
it doesnt take rocket science to see which hendrick driver is lacking

youtellme
26th May 2009, 19:27
its about DANG TIME.
CONCORD, N.C. (AP)—After months of firmly backing Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s crew chief, car owner Rick Hendrick is now being noncommittal about Tony Eury’s Jr.’s future.

Although Hendrick said Tuesday no personnel changes have been made on Earnhardt’s No. 88 Chevrolet, he declined to give Eury Jr. a vote of confidence a day after NASCAR’s most popular driver had his worst finish of the season. Hendrick even left open the possibility that Earnhardt could have a new crew chief this weekend in Dover, Del.

Earnhardt ran near the back of the pack Monday and finished 40th in the rain-shortened Coca-Cola 600, his worst showing since last season’s finale at Homestead.

harvick#1
26th May 2009, 21:58
You keep dragging him in, and he isn't beating his teammates Burton and Bowyer so I would suggest you do your best to not use Harvick at all....

I didn't bring him into the subject. but hes having a bad year.

remember he finished 4th last year in the standings, so yeah, he must truely suck :rolleyes:

youtellme
26th May 2009, 22:32
its not the CC or the car. 5,24,48, plus smoke and private ryan have proven that hendrick motorsports produces great equipment. the one holding the wheel has to have enuff game to get it done.

jr. is a 15th - 25th finishing type of driver that can run up front from time to time. nothing more. its highly unlikely that jr. would have the quality rides had he not won the sperm lottery. unfortunately, it does now appear that the pressure is mounting on him like never before. it will be interesting to watch how much longer he continues to climb behind the wheel. its very possible he retires from driving before the #24 does.

youtellme
27th May 2009, 02:00
Hendricks on 88 CC sucking

http://www.thatsracin.com/140/story/10390.html

NickFalzone
27th May 2009, 02:46
If Eury sucked so bad then Jr would not have had such a good run first 2/3 of last season. I think that he raced hard to prove a point and also had good equipment. This year I feel like he's not even trying, Eury is only a small part of that team's problems.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
27th May 2009, 17:02
I dont think Eurys a bad crew chief, i just dont think they are gelling like they used to.

NickFalzone
28th May 2009, 05:23
I give credit to Jr.'s crew though, they've been making an extra effort to make sure he finds his pitbox:

http://www.nascar.com/video/cup/2009/05/25/cup.cha.pitmove.b.nascar/index.html

Sparky1329
28th May 2009, 15:50
Eury is off the pit box. Brian Whitesell is on the box this weekend then Lance McGrew gets the job.

http://www.thatsracin.com/140/story/10408.html

Tony Eury Jr., who has worked with driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. as crew chief or car chief since his Sprint Cup Series debut in 2000, is no longer working atop the driver's pit box.

Hendrick Motorsports announced Thursday morning that Lance McGrew has been named interim crew chief of the No. 88 beginning with next weekend's race at Pocono. This weekend at Dover, Del., team manager Brian Whitesell will lead the team.

"Our performance hasn't been where it should be," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "It's impossible to pin that on any one factor, but a change is the right decision at this point. We have a plan in place, and we're going to move forward with it."

Whitesell and Rex Stump, Hendrick Motorsports' lead chassis engineer, have been assigned to support McGrew. Whitesell, who won two of seven races as Jeff Gordon's interim crew chief in 1999, will join McGrew and team engineer Tom Stewart on the No. 88 pit box to assist with race strategy.

youtellme
28th May 2009, 16:13
Now The Pressure Is On!!

youtellme
28th May 2009, 16:14
This is What I Wanted AND GOT

Tony Eury Jr., who has worked with driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. as crew chief or car chief since his Sprint Cup Series debut in 2000, is no longer working atop the driver's pit box.

e2mtt
28th May 2009, 17:06
look at that... Eury is out.

One interesting thing a friend of mine pointed out- last year, despite only winning once, Jr. ran very well & was 2nd in the points for most of the year, until: Darian Grubb announced he was leaving for Tony Stewart's team, and then left this year. Sometimes team chemisty is like that...

youtellme
28th May 2009, 23:13
the suits in daytona beach have a tremendous amount riding on this. the way tv ratings are plunging, they are hoping this is a grand slam out of the park kinda deal. jr. is the dallas cowboys of nascar. lots of fans hope he does well while lots of fans hope he doesn't do so well.

but all will tune in to watch........

oldhippie
29th May 2009, 00:57
the crew chief is first to go and next in line is the driver if things dont improve
but you have to wonder could an owner have the balls to fire nascars most popular driver

Mark in Oshawa
29th May 2009, 02:50
the crew chief is first to go and next in line is the driver if things dont improve
but you have to wonder could an owner have the balls to fire nascars most popular driver

He would be sent packing with most teams, but Rick Hendrick isn't just going to FIRE a guy who is trying his best and it is a chemistry issue.

Jr. has to learn to work a new voice on the radio and new guys running the show in the pits. Things CANT be any worse than the 600 when he was driving like a madman trying to keep from knocking the fence down and losing 2 laps.

Mark in Oshawa
29th May 2009, 03:04
http://www.racingone.com/article.aspx?artnum=49530

Well, it is over. The feuding cousins wont be entertaining us on the radio feed on Sirius no more. Rick Hendrick announced today ( and NASCAR on Sirius Covered it all DAY) that Tony Jr. was given a job in the R and D department and that his replacement is Lance McGrew. Brian Whitsell will be part of the team as well Rex Stump ( the man the "T-rex" 24 car was named after). Whatever one may think of Jr., he has to either produce something close to contending for race wins or he will fade off into the sunset.

Personally, I think an old time Hard@ss is the kind of crew chief that I think would work well with JR. A Harry Hyde or Suitcase Jake Elder type who would take the boys out for hot dogs during the race if the driver got too lippy. That kind of guy unfortunately isn't available, so the horse designed by committee better work. The optimist in me knows Rick Hendrick knows what he is doing and these guys are good.......

The instant classic
29th May 2009, 03:07
jr and Tony Eury work much better then Tony Eury jr

Mark in Oshawa
29th May 2009, 03:09
Youtellme, it is like you wouldn't be happy til the poor guy lost his job? I do agree he had to go, but it isn't something that was making me happy when I heard about it.

youtellme
29th May 2009, 21:26
DOVER, Del. -- Kyle Busch and Dale Earnhardt Jr. exchanged sharp volleys Friday about Earnhardt's crew chief change.

"It's never Junior; it's always the crew chief," said Busch, who fired the opening shots when asked about team owner Rick Hendrick's dismissal of Tony Eury Jr. as Earnhardt's crew chief a day earlier.

He's got his hands full, I guess, having to deal with what's going on. And if Junior doesn't run well, then [McGrew] is going to be the 'problem' again.

-- Kyle Busch

Busch's salvo was not taken lightly by Earnhardt.

"He's always had a chip on his shoulder for me," Earnhardt said of Busch, "so I expect any time he gets an opportunity to throw a jab in there he's going to do it. That's just his personality."

Earnhardt replaced Busch at Hendrick Motorsports last year, but since then Busch, driving for Joe Gibbs Racing, has won 11 Sprint Cup races to Earnhardt's one.

Asked about Eury's replacement, Lance McGrew, with whom Busch worked in the Nationwide Series at Hendrick in 2004, Busch expressed sympathy for McGrew.

"He's got his hands full, I guess, having to deal with what's going on," Busch said. "And if Junior doesn't run well, then he [McGrew] is going to be the 'problem' again."

"That doesn't really surprise me," Earnhardt said. "We're working toward how we can make our deal work, and that has nothing to do with Kyle."

Busch said he understood the move to bolster a driver with Earnhardt's star power but weak performance of late.

"You've got to make the most popular driver in the sport competitive, so you gotta do what you gotta do, I guess," Busch said.

But Busch added, "He's the one who brought that crew chief on; he's the one who pulled so hard to bring Eury Jr. in [along with Earnhardt in his move from Dale Earnhardt Inc.].

"It looked like it was working there in the beginning," Busch continued, "and it just hasn't worked since the summer of last year, really. So, whatever makes them better, I guess."

Busch, since being squeezed out in favor of Earnhardt and over salary differences with Hendrick, has vastly out-performed Earnhardt since the beginning of 2008. And Busch has made no secret of his pride in that.

Not only has Busch out-won Earnhardt 11-1, he is currently sixth in points, well within Chase criteria, while Earnhardt is 19th after 12 races. No driver has ever come from 19th at this point in the season to make the Chase. Greg Biffle made the biggest leap, from 19th to 14th, in 2007.

Veteran Jeff Burton expressed more sympathy for Eury, who has been under intense fire for months from Earnhardt's fans, than for anyone else in the shakeup.

"I have a lot of respect for Tony Eury Jr.," Burton said. "I've seen him be part of making an awful lot of race cars go fast, including the cars that Junior was driving.

"If you go back just two years ago [when Earnhardt and Eury were together at DEI], there were an awful lot of races that Junior had chances to win, and compete at a very high level, and had problems," Burton said.

"I think the fans have been excessively

RaceFanStan
29th May 2009, 23:12
Do you think Dale Jr's number should be changed to –88 to reflect how poorly he is performing ? http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/00.gif

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/sp.gif

RaceFanStan
29th May 2009, 23:19
The 1st time any of Dale Jr's crewchiefs over-ride Jr we will see Dale Jr pout & go slower ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/ooo.gif
keeping Dale Jr's diaper clean & Jr cooing happily would be a job few would want to attempt ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/rs.gif

muggle not
30th May 2009, 15:34
The 1st time any of Dale Jr's crewchiefs over-ride Jr we will see Dale Jr pout & go slower ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/ooo.gif
keeping Dale Jr's diaper clean & Jr cooing happily would be a job few would want to attempt ... http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/orn/rs.gif
LOL, this guy 'knows' that you are truly a jr fan and are only trying to stir the pot a little with those comments. :D :D

I keep losing more and more respect for Kyle Busch (busch is a good name for him as he is bush league). Jr is really 'down" with everything that has happened this year and here comes a fellow driver and stomps on him at a time when he must be at his lowest.

Mark in Oshawa
30th May 2009, 15:47
It is one thing to be bitter about being fired from a job and being replaced by someone you considered "inferior" (God himself could have taken Kyle's job and Kyle would have been ticked); but is another to then go to another team, do BETTER and then kick a man when he is down.

If Kyle Busch cant figure out why people don't like him, he never will. Oh sure, a few of you guys will be fans because you ignore the stupid crap he has emitting from his mouth and just care about how he drives, but many of us who are not anti-social miscreants just think the kid is a punk. Jr. took the high road, YET again, and didn't really react to Kyle's quotes.

It is the difference between being a punk, and being a man. The ribbing that went on between Dale Sr. and some his rivals was often in fun, and was taken that way by the fandom who understood the dynamic of egos off the track. What we have here is just silly.

Kyle, you are a good driver, probably one of the best in the last 30 years. Shut up, take the high road and let your stats talk for you. Kicking a man when he is down just makes you a classless boob.

Oh yes, before anyone jumps on me for this, let me add this extra bit. People say he is like DW for being outspoken with talent. WRONG. DW was also entertaining. Show me the entertainment in anything Busch says. There is none. This is a guy who is kicking Jr. because he is pi$$ed Hendrick let him go. What he has never failed to recognize there is more to this business than just sitting in the car. Helping the team and being a good PR man is part of it. Kyle ripped the COT after winning the first race with the car. HE walked away from his team in Phoenix a few years back when he tore the car up, and he left the track while the team was fixing the car to put it back on the track to get HIM POINTS. They put.....Dale Jr. in the car (his motor blew in typical DEI fashion) to get Kyle points because Kyle gave up on his team. THAT maybe why he was shown the door. Rick Hendrick wont ever admit any of that publically but you have to know with the family concept of how he runs things at HMS, that was being an ungrateful, spiteful man child.

IN 20 years, I will be shocked if there will be any great love for Kyle Busch the way we eventually warmed up to other manchilds in this sport such as Earnhardt Sr. or DW. The kid is a punk. A talented one...but just a punk once he is out of the race car.

jslone
1st June 2009, 01:31
Well now that JR doesnt have Tony to work with,lets just see how well he handles the rest of the year,meaning if he doesnt make the chase,who well he blame or take the blame himself.

muggle not
1st June 2009, 02:41
Well now that JR doesnt have Tony to work with,lets just see how well he handles the rest of the year,meaning if he doesnt make the chase,who well he blame or take the blame himself.
Geez, jslone. Jr doesn't put the blame on others, his name isn't Kyle.

mharrison
1st June 2009, 21:18
It is one thing to be bitter about being fired from a job and being replaced by someone you considered "inferior" (God himself could have taken Kyle's job and Kyle would have been ticked); but is another to then go to another team, do BETTER and then kick a man when he is down.

If Kyle Busch cant figure out why people don't like him, he never will. Oh sure, a few of you guys will be fans because you ignore the stupid crap he has emitting from his mouth and just care about how he drives, but many of us who are not anti-social miscreants just think the kid is a punk. Jr. took the high road, YET again, and didn't really react to Kyle's quotes.

It is the difference between being a punk, and being a man. The ribbing that went on between Dale Sr. and some his rivals was often in fun, and was taken that way by the fandom who understood the dynamic of egos off the track. What we have here is just silly.

Kyle, you are a good driver, probably one of the best in the last 30 years. Shut up, take the high road and let your stats talk for you. Kicking a man when he is down just makes you a classless boob.

Oh yes, before anyone jumps on me for this, let me add this extra bit. People say he is like DW for being outspoken with talent. WRONG. DW was also entertaining. Show me the entertainment in anything Busch says. There is none. This is a guy who is kicking Jr. because he is pi$$ed Hendrick let him go. What he has never failed to recognize there is more to this business than just sitting in the car. Helping the team and being a good PR man is part of it. Kyle ripped the COT after winning the first race with the car. HE walked away from his team in Phoenix a few years back when he tore the car up, and he left the track while the team was fixing the car to put it back on the track to get HIM POINTS. They put.....Dale Jr. in the car (his motor blew in typical DEI fashion) to get Kyle points because Kyle gave up on his team. THAT maybe why he was shown the door. Rick Hendrick wont ever admit any of that publically but you have to know with the family concept of how he runs things at HMS, that was being an ungrateful, spiteful man child.

IN 20 years, I will be shocked if there will be any great love for Kyle Busch the way we eventually warmed up to other manchilds in this sport such as Earnhardt Sr. or DW. The kid is a punk. A talented one...but just a punk once he is out of the race car.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The term "spoiled brat" comes to mind.

The instant classic
1st June 2009, 21:44
i think Kyle is hated for-life
if the Dale sr fans still hate Jeff Gordon, and JR nation is bigger then his father fan base, Kyle will never be liked, and i dont think he wants the fans loving him, after the comment he made about JR this past weekend

harvick#1
1st June 2009, 22:38
i think Kyle is hated for-life
if the Dale sr fans still hate Jeff Gordon, and JR nation is bigger then his father fan base, Kyle will never be liked, and i dont think he wants the fans loving him, after the comment he made about JR this past weekend

I really dont think Kyle cares if he is not well-liked, hes telling it like it is. who cares if all of the Jr fans hate Kyle. cause if anyone actually takes it serious is a dimwit. Fans have to remember that liking a driver is only a fantasy, you like the driver, but he/she will never come to your door or call you saying if you want to hang out.

so please, its for entertainment purposes only.

The instant classic
1st June 2009, 22:42
I really dont think Kyle cares if he is not well-liked, hes telling it like it is. who cares if all of the Jr fans hate Kyle. cause if anyone actually takes it serious is a dimwit. Fans have to remember that liking a driver is only a fantasy, you like the driver, but he/she will never come to your door or call you saying if you want to hang out.

i agree with that, i just wish more fans could understand that one, that wolud save me alot of online fights :p :

muggle not
1st June 2009, 23:40

And that still doesn't change the fact that kyle is an ass and treats his teammates/crew like they were crap.

Fred Basset
2nd June 2009, 00:07
And that still doesn't change the fact that kyle is an ass and treats his teammates/crew like they were crap.

and your proof of this is what?

muggle not
2nd June 2009, 02:46
and your proof of this is what?
Shut down the forum. The guy wants "proof" for all posts. :rolleyes:

I used logic, and much better logic than was used to state that Jr had no talent.

harvick#1
2nd June 2009, 03:00
Kyle has treated his teammates/crew members like crap, but I think hes better about it now.

Phoenix in 2007 (whichever race he crashed and left the track while his crew repaired the car)
Bristol in 2009 (NWS race)

NickFalzone
2nd June 2009, 03:06
I'll take a Kyle Busch over a Jimmie Johnson any day. I thoroughly respect Jimmie's driving ability, but when he's out of the car talking I'm not sure who's more asleep, him or me. I like to see driver's that care more about their race results than about always pleasing their sponsor (or crew). I'd personally find a field full of Kyle Busch's to be immensely entertaining, and competitive.

Fred Basset
2nd June 2009, 03:16
Shut down the forum. The guy wants "proof" for all posts. :rolleyes:

I used logic, and much better logic than was used to state that Jr had no talent.

"Logic" like when you said Bush was just "Busch league" talent :laugh:
Your blinded by your devotion to Jnr.. do you kiss his picture before bed every night :laugh:

Just check the stats between them both over the last 4 years and you will see PROOF that Kyle over that time is by far the better driver.. stats do not lie (unless your a Jnr lover). There are numerous stats sites that give you a "compare the 2 drivers" feature.. its there for all to see

Sparky1329
2nd June 2009, 05:07
Couldn't have said it better myself. The term "spoiled brat" comes to mind.

I guess when you've spent your whole childhood racing your social skills aren't fully developed. Kurt finally figured it out after a few visits from Lady Karma. Little bro might also figure it out someday. Lady Karma was 3 for 3 at Dover.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
2nd June 2009, 09:52
I'll take a Kyle Busch over a Jimmie Johnson any day. I thoroughly respect Jimmie's driving ability, but when he's out of the car talking I'm not sure who's more asleep, him or me. I like to see driver's that care more about their race results than about always pleasing their sponsor (or crew). I'd personally find a field full of Kyle Busch's to be immensely entertaining, and competitive.

Your right. Great driver but always sounds like theres a script under his nose when he speaks. Maybe thats because he generally stays out of trouble and we only ever really hear him speak outside victory lane. i dont know

muggle not
2nd June 2009, 12:29
Your right. Great driver but always sounds like theres a script under his nose when he speaks. Maybe thats because he generally stays out of trouble and we only ever really hear him speak outside victory lane. i dont know
That figures. Why not try watching the racing instead. Or, maybe wrestling would be more interesting as they have "characters"

"Logic" like when you said Bush was just "Busch league" talent :laugh:

Learn to read. I never stated that Bush League had Bush League "talent". I stated that he is Bush League for his actions.

Fred Basset
2nd June 2009, 12:48
That figures. Why not try watching the racing instead. Or, maybe wrestling would be more interesting as they have "characters"

Learn to read. I never stated that Bush League had Bush League "talent". I stated that he is Bush League for his actions.

You "stated" nothing of the sort

I keep losing more and more respect for Kyle Busch (busch is a good name for him as he is bush league).

Sounds like your knocking his talent much more than his actions there :laugh:

muggle not
2nd June 2009, 14:20
You "stated" nothing of the sort

Sounds like your knocking his talent much more than his actions there :laugh:

You are up to your old games of only posting part of a quote. people are now on to your methods. This was the entire post by me which clearly indicates it was a blast at his actions:

I keep losing more and more respect for Kyle Busch (busch is a good name for him as he is bush league). Jr is really 'down" with everything that has happened this year and here comes a fellow driver and stomps on him at a time when he must be at his lowest.

muggle not
4th June 2009, 02:30
Don't be surprised if Jr Motorsports doesn't field a Cup car next year with Keselowski as driver. chances are pretty good. hendrick would sell his share in Jr. Motorsports.

Another rumor....seems like Mikey is now a very minority shareholder in MWR. Rumor is his wife (soon to be ex) sold her 25% to kaufman who now owns 75% of MWR and leaves mikey with 25%. LOL, another rumor is Mikey tried to get one of his relatives a job at MWR and was turned down by the major owner. :D

Sparky1329
4th June 2009, 04:54
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Brad is racing in the Cup series next season.

If that MWR rumor is true I'd say Buffy didn't settle for simply getting even. She got ahead. Waaaaaay ahead. Touche'! :D

Fred Basset
8th June 2009, 02:51
New CC, same Jnr...... :laugh:

The instant classic
8th June 2009, 03:17
New CC, same Jnr...... :laugh:
how dare you say this! jr is had a great race he finsh.....nevermind, i mean kyle busch comment last week couldnt be true whos left to blame now :D :laugh:

Mark in Oshawa
10th June 2009, 18:24

Jimmie has 3 championships....Kyle ZERO...

Who cares about him being "exciting" when he has a mike in front of his face? Sponsors don't always go for guys who act like dorks who can drive...

AS for Junior...well he sucks right now that is for sure. I think he just isn't comfortable with the COT. Just like his ole man and Rusty never really liked the conversion of bias ply tires to the radials....

Fred Basset
22nd June 2009, 02:09
for a top 30 finish today :up:

Sparky1329
22nd June 2009, 05:38
Oh come on, Fred. Give the guy a break. He had a good run going and got caught up in chit that was none of his doing.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
23rd June 2009, 17:01
Oh come on, Fred. Give the guy a break. He had a good run going and got caught up in chit that was none of his doing.

Spot on mate. I was well impressed with him on sunday. Like you said someone else ruined his day.

e2mtt
23rd June 2009, 17:06
You got to be good and lucky to get anywhere... this year he hasn't had both at the same time too often.

NoahsGirl
23rd June 2009, 17:16
In the whole time (1 year) I have been watching NASCAR, I really couldn't see what was so special about Jnr, apart from his surname. However, now that he has a better rapport with his crew chief, Jnr is becoming the fantastic driver he is suppose to be.

He was very impressive on Sunday.

Jag_Warrior
23rd June 2009, 18:22
I don't think Jr is even wanting to keep Tony as his crew chief, but he wants it to be forced upon him so it doesn't make him look bad.

Interesting take. I wonder how close that is to happening?

youtellme
23rd June 2009, 21:19
In the whole time (1 year) I have been watching
He was very impressive on Sunday.

How was he impressive on Sunday with a 27th place finish?
Jr. sucked as he has all year. You can't blame the CC now it is driver ability.
when your team mates finish in the top 5 top 10 ever race.
You show up 20 something 30 something???
Put a fork in JR cause he is DONE.

Sparky1329
23rd June 2009, 21:24
How was he impressive on Sunday with a 27th place finish?
Jr. sucked as he has all year. You can't blame the CC now it is driver ability.

Did you even watch the race? He was having a very good run until he got punted. Jr has earned a lot of the criticism he's been subjected to but it's not justified in this case for this particular race.

muggle not
23rd June 2009, 22:05
Did you even watch the race? He was having a very good run until he got punted. Jr has earned a lot of the criticism he's been subjected to but it's not justified in this case for this particular race.
I think they must have been watching the IRL race. Anyone that knows anything about racing would acknowledge that Jr was running a good race until he was knocked out.

Sparky1329
23rd June 2009, 22:34
I think they must have been watching the IRL race. Anyone that knows anything about racing would acknowledge that Jr was running a good race until he was knocked out.

Well, it's obvious that something other than the race at Sonoma was their focus. It's gratuitous bashing, muggles, and it's uncalled for.

Fred Basset
24th June 2009, 00:04

Lets just see where he ends up at the season end shall we....one things for sure, he won't be in the Chase

muggle not
24th June 2009, 02:08
Lets just see where he ends up at the season end shall we....one things for sure, he won't be in the Chase
Neither will 31 other drivers. :s mokin:

Sparky1329
24th June 2009, 02:46

He probably won't. That still doesn't excuse the ignorant comments made about the Sonoma results.

Fred Basset
24th June 2009, 02:46
So he's found his natural standard of talent then being in that group?

youtellme
25th June 2009, 14:06
exactly
As my 92 year old granny used to say,
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sheet

Mark in Oshawa
25th June 2009, 17:34
To all those who think he is either a] not talented or b] washed up; I ask you two questions:

If he has no talent, explain how he won 2 Nationwide/Busch championships in a row, and 18 cup races. There are people who made the top 50 list of NASCAR's greatest drivers who didn't have championships nor 18 wins.

If he is washed up, what was Jeff Gordon last year? He couldn't win and was having terrible runs while his teammates kicked butt. I guess Bobby Labonte sucks because he cant get into the top 20? Guys go up and down in their results all the time for reasons that have nothing to do with anything other than the fact often there are 15 cars minimum that could win any given race. The level of competition is pretty fierce. Jr. is going through a crap period right now, I wont deny that. That said, he could come out next year and go on a tear. You never count anyone with a good team behind him when he was a proven winner and he is still in his mid 30's. Sorry, most of you just WANT him to be done because you cant grasp the fact people like the guy because they like the guy. I agree most of the Jr. Nation can act like idiots, but I haven't seen Jr. condoning the idiots for tossing beer on the track either.

muggle not
25th June 2009, 23:18
I believe that some that are doing the Jr bashing:

1. Have no knowledge of Nascar Racing talent.

2. Are simply trying to stir the pot (like most trolls do)

3. More likely are a combination of both 1 & 2.

The instant classic
26th June 2009, 00:22

more then half the haters, bash JR for that reason,

but for myself, i do bash on JR yes, but i dont hate the guy, i have met JR many times, i have nothing against JR, i just cant help but laugh at some not all, but some fans that go way way over board and make him out to be like this "racing god" so thats why i pick on JR i guess you could say i stir the pot, but i dont see myself as a troll i think some fans need to clam themselfs , but if JR won like this weekend i wolud be the first to say great job,
to me its all in good fun you need yr drivers you dislike and like, back in the day, my dad was a Gordon fan, my bro was Rusty fan, and i liked Dale sir
we had fun puting the bad mouth on eatchother driver ( all in a fun way)
but for the true JR haters dont take it so real guys, anything can happen in racing,and thats what makes it so much fun

NickFalzone
26th June 2009, 05:21
The reality is that for Jr. to live up to expectations he'd need to be regularly running top 15 and in serious contention for the Chase. The expectations come from the fact that he moved to the best team in NASCAR, and he's running the worst out of all his teammates. Last year he was finished 3rd out of the 4. I think the problem is that Jr. is a better than average driver, but not a GREAT driver. He's just not as good as a Jeff Gordon or a Jimmie Johnson, he's not at that level of talent. But he's still a very good driver, and that's not good enough for some.

Sparky1329
26th June 2009, 15:33
The reality is that for Jr. to live up to expectations he'd need to be regularly running top 15 and in serious contention for the Chase. The expectations come from the fact that he moved to the best team in NASCAR, and he's running the worst out of all his teammates. Last year he was finished 3rd out of the 4. I think the problem is that Jr. is a better than average driver, but not a GREAT driver. He's just not as good as a Jeff Gordon or a Jimmie Johnson, he's not at that level of talent. But he's still a very good driver, and that's not good enough for some.

Most of the drivers out there racing every week aren't as good as JJ or Jeff.

muggle not
28th June 2009, 14:09
Bassett, you better hurry. Dale Jr will have 5 trailers selling his merchandise at NHIS this weekend. The most any other driver has is 2 trailers.

Since this is in your neck of the woods I thought you would be interested and not want to miss the opportunity to spend some money buying lots of Jr merchandise. Th T-shirts and cap would look great on you. :D

Fred Basset
28th June 2009, 18:26
and thats why HMS have him there, to make money with trinket sales... for now. Rather like David Beckham when he joined the LA Galaxy

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
1st July 2009, 10:23
I think Jr will turn things around. A new crew cheif is exactly what he needed, they should forget this year and get ready for next. Why not take a few risks and get a win or two to shut the haters up.

Eury Jr should have never moved over with Jr the Hendrick in the first place, Eurys and good CC but Jr really needed a fresh start and a CC who would take his crap on the radio.

jeffmr2
1st July 2009, 21:10

Doesnt the same apply with the Kyle and Kyle fan bashing. He gets far more abuse than Jr.

jslone
2nd July 2009, 04:02
Now if this thread os gonna be about JJ v Shrub,I well go for JJ any day of the week,he gets things done with out the drama that Srub brings.As far as Jr is concerned,he is a good driver,but there are a bunch of things are blamed on luck/racing incidents.Now he has had his share of stupid things like speeding in the pits/missing his pit pox that sort of thing,but the rest is what I call racing incidents.They happen,Jr has been getting more then his share it seems.

Fred Basset
5th July 2009, 02:57
Jnr on one of his favourite tracks was running a strong 30th and then...... :(

Mark in Oshawa
6th July 2009, 07:37
Jr. was minding his own business and got caught up in someone else's mess. This year has been a disaster, and while his mental edge was lacking focus earlier in the year, the last few weeks have shown he has had little luck either....

muggle not
6th July 2009, 22:06
Jr. was minding his own business and got caught up in someone else's mess. This year has been a disaster, and while his mental edge was lacking focus earlier in the year, the last few weeks have shown he has had little luck either....
Mark, when are you going to stop paying attention to those who pay no attention to the actual racing and their only intent is to stir the pot on Jr.

e2mtt
6th July 2009, 22:56
We know Dale Jr. has the most fans. I think the second biggest group of fans out there is the Junior haters.

harvick#1
6th July 2009, 23:38
just one of those years, much like Harvick is having, nothing going your way, it happens to everyone, look at all the overpaid baseball/basketball/football/hockey players who suck it up on game days. it happens to everyone.

at least he's not being a total moron and getting caught with drugs or anything

Fred Basset
7th July 2009, 18:52
Mark, when are you going to stop paying attention to those who pay no attention to the actual racing and their only intent is to stir the pot on Jr.

Get those glasses back on Muggle. Jnr is almost 1000 pts off the chase in 21st place LOL. Theres a beer swilling Aussie and some young kid in his 1st Nascar season doing better than him :laugh:

I'm paying attention to the racing too :up:

jslone
8th July 2009, 02:22
Was this the same car/team that Shrub had when he was with Hendrick?If so,then that is a part of the problem,Jr needs some time to build a good relationship with the team,and the team with Jr,meaning you cant change a crew chief midseason or when ever and expect good results.

DanicaFan
8th July 2009, 12:36
I dont hate Dale but as I have said for awhile now, he is overrated. He is an average driver in the best equipment but cant get it done. He doesnt appear to be mentally focused this year, I agree. Im not sure what is going on with him.

He will never be in the same class of drivers as Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart, etc.

harvick#1
9th July 2009, 01:36
I can comment on that soooooo bad, but I'll be nice

tstran17_88
9th July 2009, 03:36
I can comment on that soooooo bad, but I'll be niceIt is ironic...like the pot calling the kettle black. :laugh:

muggle not
10th July 2009, 03:27
From Eury............

Eury also said he and his cousin had managed to save their relationship despite all the bad press.

“In no way shape or form am I going to let this sport get in between me and Dale Jr.,” Eury said. “It was a job, I enjoyed being around Dale Jr. — still do. He’s family and we go deeper than this racing deal. I’ve always wanted him to have the opportunity, if he has to be with somebody else, if that brings him up a scale then I’ve always been for that. I’m just looking forward to working with Brad (Keselowski). Me and Dale (Earnhardt) Jr. have plenty of hunts planned together and we’re going to go do things outside of racing. To be honest with you, I don’t think we really talk a whole lot of racing when we do talk. I think that’s pretty cool.”

Mark in Oshawa
11th July 2009, 18:36
I dont hate Dale but as I have said for awhile now, he is overrated. He is an average driver in the best equipment but cant get it done. He doesnt appear to be mentally focused this year, I agree. Im not sure what is going on with him.

He will never be in the same class of drivers as Jeff Gordon, Jimmie Johnson, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart, etc.

You of all people should shut up. Danica won ONE race in the last.....how many years? Jr. has two Nationwide/Busch championships, 18 wins in Cup and a Daytona 500 win under his belt. When your precious little princess wins a race on a road or street course, you can talk. Right now she hasn't done squat of note on those except stay out of trouble........and that is almost half the sched.

STick to the IRL D-fan.....

Fred Basset
12th July 2009, 00:51
How many wins in Cup has Jnr had in the last 110 races? Thats One Hundred and Ten!

Mark in Oshawa
28th July 2009, 04:08
Fred...does your wife know you are a troll?

harvick#1
29th July 2009, 01:04
You of all people should shut up.

:rotflmao:

that is what I was gonna say but kindly didn't, it was just too funny to hurt his feelings

Mark in Oshawa
30th July 2009, 02:13
:rotflmao:

that is what I was gonna say but kindly didn't, it was just too funny to hurt his feelings
I too am usually nice to DF, but when he leaves his Indycar lair to come over here and shoot at a driver who has actually won races and two championships while worshiping at the altar of the spoiled princess, I aint gonna be nice.

hannahtate
3rd August 2009, 19:56
Once a kid's parents got divorced and during the hearing the judge ask the kid if he wanted to go live with his daddy and the kid said no because my daddy might beat me. So the judge ask what about your mother? and the kid said no because my mother might beat me. So again the judge ask what about your grandparents and again the kid said no because they beat me. So finally the judge ask the kid who he wanted to live with and the kid replied "well I think I want to go live with Dale Earnhardt Jr because he hasn't beaten anybody in a long time.

Fred Basset
3rd August 2009, 21:19
Well done Jnr! Another top 28 position today!

Driver or car.. you decide and considering all the other HMS drivers are hot, its prety obvious LOL

PA Rick
4th August 2009, 18:24
I too am usually nice to DF, but when he leaves his Indycar lair to come over here and shoot at a driver who has actually won races and two championships while worshiping at the altar of the spoiled princess, I aint gonna be nice.
So are we debating who is better, Danica or Jr?

How about a Ruffian vs Follish Pleasure (or, for you old farts Billie Jean King vs Bobby Riggs) match race. Think of the intrest it would attract. Come to think of it, the women won one, the guys won one and this could be billed as the tiebreaker.

If you need me, I'll be watching green acres reruns.

muggle not
5th August 2009, 02:42
Well done Jnr! Another top 28 position today!

Driver or car.. you decide and considering all the other HMS drivers are hot, its prety obvious LOL
hey freddie, you are really getting good at displaying your racing knowledge.

Jr was heading for a pretty good finish until Kurt Bush put him in the wall and then he started dropping faster than a gold digger in an empty well.

And mark, yes I do believe his wife knows he is a troll.

Fred Basset
5th August 2009, 16:01
i'm a troll cos i started a thread about your favourite driver? Oh well never mind.. never under-estimate me or what or who i know Muggle, you might be surprised.. if you need any hot pit passes for a race weekend of your choice, let me know :up:

Perhaps if you didn't talk down to me the whole time just like you've always done then you might get a better response

muggle not
6th August 2009, 02:41
i'm a troll cos i started a thread about your favourite driver? Oh well never mind.. never under-estimate me or what or who i know Muggle, you might be surprised.. if you need any hot pit passes for a race weekend of your choice, let me know :up:

Perhaps if you didn't talk down to me the whole time just like you've always done then you might get a better response
Now you are blaming me because you are short, not my fault.

Mark in Oshawa
8th August 2009, 04:53
Fred, it isn't that we think you are full of BS, it is because we don't CARE how much BS you want to spread.

Listen, Dump on Jr. all you like, it is your prerogative. The only respect the man requires is that of his peers, and even people like Kyle Busch will grant him that for the most part. Whether a few fans with an axe to grind like him or not I suspect doesn't bother the man.

Dale Jr's greatest sin it seems is NOT being his father on the race track. Sadly, no one is in that league. Dale may not be the greatest driver in NASCAR, he may never win an championship driver, but at least he isn't a troll on webforums....

e2mtt
8th August 2009, 05:00
Fred, do you actually like racing? Do you have a favorite driver, team, car make, track, or type of racing? As far as I can tell, the only thing you enjoy about Nascar is watching Dale Earnhardt Jr. fail.

Fred Basset
8th August 2009, 23:14
Yeah of course i do LOL.. i really don't see the problem with beating down in Jnr.. remember the anti JG thread on here from years ago? Whats the difference? Nothing thats what..

e2mtt
9th August 2009, 02:13
I never bothered with the anti-JG thread, although I do vaguely remember it. I will tell you one thing... anti-fans or haters or whatever you want to call them, are my absolute least favorite type of sport fans. When I come across someone who's apparent favorite thing about the sport is seeing a certain team, driver, or player fail, it really bothers me.

Fred Basset
9th August 2009, 02:39
I agree :up:

muggle not
9th August 2009, 02:58
I agree :up:
If you really knew Jr you would be pulling for him to succeed. There are few drivers as loyal to those around him than Jr. Truth is he is one heck of a good person.

youtellme
11th August 2009, 05:30
Guys time to admit that Jr is a Kyle Petty, Michale Waldrip kind of guy.
His racing days are done. I hate it but its a fact we have to accept

Alexamateo
11th August 2009, 19:47
You do realize that if his career ended right now, he would be tied for wins (and in much fewer starts, too) with Nascar greats, Neil Bonnett, Harry Gant, and Geoff Bodine, He's only one behind Buddy Baker (another son of a champion that never reached the level of his father). Junior's got to get his head on straight (and yes that's his problem) and get his confidence back

muggle not
11th August 2009, 23:17
You do realize that if his career ended right now, he would be tied for wins (and in much fewer starts, too) with Nascar greats, Neil Bonnett, Harry Gant, and Geoff Bodine, He's only one behind Buddy Baker (another son of a champion that never reached the level of his father). Junior's got to get his head on straight (and yes that's his problem) and get his confidence back
I also think that his big problem is getting his confidence back. Things kinda snowballed for him on the downside this year and he never recovered. Those that say he has no talent, however, are out in left field. He will probably never approach his father in talent, but who does.

The instant classic
16th August 2009, 22:45
now not being anti jr here

come on now he had the best car on track today and couldn't catch guys on low fuel?

e2mtt
16th August 2009, 22:49
now not being anti jr here...

Yes you are and you know it. He has a fast car, good fuel strategy, and comes home a very decent 3rd, and the first thing you do is get on the "bash Jr." thread?

The instant classic
16th August 2009, 22:51
read again
i said "now not to be anti jr here"
what makes you think i hate jr?

Mark in Oshawa
16th August 2009, 23:12

come on now he had the best car on track today and couldn't catch guys on low fuel?

Guess you failed to notice he was the fastest guy for most of the last 22 laps and the leaders started standing on it when they realized he was comiing. Vickers and Gordon both stated they were not really coasting much at all in the last 10 laps. Jr. just ran out of laps. Good finish for a lousy season.

I suspect you speak with forked tongue since you claim not to be a JR. basher but you seem to do it a lot.

The guy ran a decent race, no fanfare...leave it at that. He was running the fastest laps in the last 20 laps but had too far to come. That's it, that's all.

The instant classic
16th August 2009, 23:16
Guess you failed to notice he was the fastest guy for most of the last 22 laps and the leaders started standing on it when they realized he was comiing. Vickers and Gordon both stated they were not really coasting much at all in the last 10 laps. Jr. just ran out of laps. Good finish for a lousy season.

I suspect you speak with forked tongue since you claim not to be a JR. basher but you seem to do it a lot.

The guy ran a decent race, no fanfare...leave it at that. He was running the fastest laps in the last 20 laps but had too far to come. That's it, that's all.
sorry that i dont look for every way out for jr to look good now ;)

im just saying everyone said he was faster then johnson and they made it look like jr was gonna win, im just more shocked that his fuel was good to go
and couldnt get 2nd or win * no bashing there* omg i know how jr fans feel now :rolleyes:

Mark in Oshawa
16th August 2009, 23:25
sorry that i dont look for every way out for jr to look good now ;)

im just saying everyone said he was faster then johnson and they made it look like jr was gonna win, im just more shocked that his fuel was good to go
and couldnt get 2nd or win * no bashing there* omg i know how jr fans feel now :rolleyes:

I didn't say he wasn't sucking. Just when the guy does well you dump on him for not winning. I pointed out that he was the fastest guy for most of the last 20 laps. So go look for some other reason to dump on the guy. He has been kicked around most of the year, and he may not ever be the driver some might want him to be, but if he is the only guy on this forum to have a thread for people to rip him, I should point out the reality of when has a good day.

The instant classic
16th August 2009, 23:29
I didn't say he wasn't sucking. Just when the guy does well you dump on him for not winning. I pointed out that he was the fastest guy for most of the last 20 laps. So go look for some other reason to dump on the guy. He has been kicked around most of the year, and he may not ever be the driver some might want him to be, but if he is the only guy on this forum to have a thread for people to rip him, I should point out the reality of when has a good day.
dump on him? oh yeah you know me so well Mark better then myself thats why i was sitting here pulling for JR to win right?
im just pointing out i cant believe he didnt win

Mark in Oshawa
16th August 2009, 23:35
dump on him? oh yeah you know me so well Mark better then myself thats why i was sitting here pulling for JR to win right?
im just pointing out i cant believe he didnt win

I can believe he didn't win, Vickers had enough fuel to keep racing for the lead and Jr. had too much ground to make up. I was just glad he didn't have a motor blow or tire go down on him in the last run. As for you cheering for him, you never struck me in the past as that supportive of the guy.

The instant classic
16th August 2009, 23:44
I can believe he didn't win, Vickers had enough fuel to keep racing for the lead and Jr. had too much ground to make up. I was just glad he didn't have a motor blow or tire go down on him in the last run. As for you cheering for him, you never struck me in the past as that supportive of the guy.
supportive of the guy? you should know you know me better then myself
wow you really know me now ;)

i didnt think Vickers wolud make it, i think it was DJ not sure? said wow the top 8 could run out of fuel here, and i was on justintv.com
and the chat there said the same thing no way Vic can make it or Johnson
i think JR is gonna win, we where all shocked

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 00:02
supportive of the guy? you should know you know me better then myself
wow you really know me now ;)

i didnt think Vickers wolud make it, i think it was DJ not sure? said wow the top 8 could run out of fuel here, and i was on justintv.com
and the chat there said the same thing no way Vic can make it or Johnson
i think JR is gonna win, we where all shocked

The guys in the booth were all over the map. VIckers said after the race he knew early in the run he had enough and was proven right. The only guy who was marginal was Johnson in front of Jr. as it turned out.

Fuel mileage affairs are funny things......sometimes guys do better at saving fuel than other guys....

Fred Basset
17th August 2009, 00:08
the best thing for me was Toyota sticking it to GM and all their employees at the race in their own backyard LOL :laugh:

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 00:23
the best thing for me was Toyota sticking it to GM and all their employees at the race in their own backyard LOL :laugh:

As someone who lives in a GM town, I must admit I was hoping Vickers ran out of gas, but that was more for the desire to see Jr. or Gordon to win as a Hendrick fan than anything else. Good on Vickers and Red Bull really, it is good to see another team in the winner's circle.

harvick#1
17th August 2009, 01:34
I was glad Vickers won and Johnson ran out of gas, it was good Karma for me as both Nascar and Busch felt that much worse. Kyle has to deal with the media again after the whole crying incident yesterday, and Nascar today not having any balls black-flagging Johnson for jumping the restart TWICE to take the lead before the start-finish line.

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 01:41
I was glad Vickers won and Johnson ran out of gas, it was good Karma for me as both Nascar and Busch felt that much worse. Kyle has to deal with the media again after the whole crying incident yesterday, and Nascar today not having any balls black-flagging Johnson for jumping the restart TWICE to take the lead before the start-finish line.

I think if it was a legitmate jump, he would have been nailed. For all the complaining you do about NASCAR, you keep saying you don't watch but somehow you always point out something you saw.....

muggle not
17th August 2009, 01:41

Jeez, you are someting else. Jr has a 3rd place finish and you are surprised he didn't win. :rolleyes: simple, he just ran out of laps after they got his car running good.

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 01:44
Jeez, you are someting else. Jr has a 3rd place finish and you are surprised he didn't win. :rolleyes: simple, he just ran out of laps after they got his car running good.

It is what I tried to explain to him. He claims not to be anti' Jr but it is obvious he didn't grasp what he saw in that last 20 to 30 laps....

The instant classic
17th August 2009, 02:02
everyone was playing the fuel game, but jr im just shocked he didnt win
sorry im not on my on my knees when we talk jr here

The instant classic
17th August 2009, 02:03
It is what I tried to explain to him. He claims not to be anti' Jr but it is obvious he didn't grasp what he saw in that last 20 to 30 laps....
why should i? you know me better then i know myself now ;)
why dont you post for me ok? want my password? no wait you know me i bet you have that already
but for "hate on jr" you have that way of puting words in ppl mouth now and making us out to be something we aint, i so hate jr thats why im apart of the dale jr fan club for the past 5 years
like i said i WAS pulling for jr to win

The instant classic
17th August 2009, 02:06
i will say it was funny to see johnson run out of feul again at MIS
i never got to see the NWS race but i watch the highlights on nascar.com
and kyle was crying so much

harvick#1
17th August 2009, 03:09
I think if it was a legitmate jump, he would have been nailed. For all the complaining you do about NASCAR, you keep saying you don't watch but somehow you always point out something you saw.....

the first one, maybe no, but the 2nd one was quite clear, he was suppose to restart P2 and was almost a half car ahead of the leader before the S/F Line, don't care what excuse is, blah, blah, blah, he broke the rules and should've been sent to the pits. I so damn tired of Helton picking and choosing penalties the way he sees fit

I did watch the 2nd half of the race as I thought someone on JTV would've put the ALMS race on, but no one did, so I was stuck with Nascar, but I haven't seen a race in awhile.

muggle not
17th August 2009, 03:32
Rumor is Kleenex is going to sponsor Kyle next year. It should save Kyle a lot of money.

The instant classic
17th August 2009, 03:42
Rumor is Kleenex is going to sponsor Kyle next year. It should save Kyle a lot of money.

LMAO!
did you watch "race day" i saw a guy with a sign that said
"dry your tears kyle and just race"

ah i dont mind kyle he just needs one big attitude change, some way kurt did

Mark in Oshawa
17th August 2009, 03:53
LMAO!
did you watch "race day" i saw a guy with a sign that said
"dry your tears kyle and just race"

Kurt was more adept at hiding his jerk side....Kyle just lets it hang out to dry...

The instant classic
17th August 2009, 03:55
Kurt was more adept at hiding his jerk side....Kyle just lets it hang out to dry...

now thats true

MD24
17th August 2009, 04:14
LMAO!

I believe a little encounter with Jimmy would go a long way

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/5242548/th_shirt.jpg

harvick#1
17th August 2009, 04:23
I think for Kurt, it was more the Phoenix incident than Jimmy, I've gotten to sort of like Kurt now these days

The instant classic
17th August 2009, 04:24
I believe a little encounter with Jimmy would go a long way

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/5242548/th_shirt.jpg

HAHAHAAHAHAHA i like that t-shirt :D

tstran17_88
20th August 2009, 02:20
the best thing for me was Toyota sticking it to GM and all their employees at the race in their own backyard LOL :laugh: You mean Obama Motors. ;)

tstran17_88
20th August 2009, 02:29

June Bug wouldn't have been the fastest car out there the last 20 laps had not the front of the field been in "conserve fuel" mode. The two fastest donkeys all day were JJ & Martin and the race would most likely have come down to those two if the debris caution would have come out with 25-30 laps to go. Some of the drivers were mentioning a piece of metal on the track but Nascar never through the caution.

I'm not sure what Vickers & Gordon are talking about. I noticed speeds dropping on the scoring pylon and all the crew chiefs were screaming "conserve...you got to get me two more laps!"

Roamy
15th September 2009, 09:25
it is strange that Jr can't keep up with the rest of the teammates. But just maybe they held him back a bit as to not upset the team. Well that is BS unless you are a JR fan. But lets see how he does next year. My call is that he will be running with the rest of the team.

Mark in Oshawa
15th September 2009, 22:22
All I know is the guy won 18 races in Cup, including a Daytona 500. HE won 2 NW championships. He may have had good equipment (the arguement of the JR. Haters for his success) but many guys with good stuff cant win. It is a very fickle thing to run up front week in, week out, and some drivers have adapted to this car better than Jr. has. It requires very subtle chassis changes, and it rewards guys who have a style of being loose. Jr. has always been a guy better with tighter setups that worked better with the old car. Til he gets used to driving out the driver's side window, he wont adapt fully. He is almost there.....just needs to wrap his head around what he needs to do.....