PDA

View Full Version : Video of Danica's car being stolen

HoustonCartFan
29th April 2009, 22:26
AR1 mentioned this on their site. Here is the YouTube link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYyKpucUS-c

TURN3
29th April 2009, 22:38
What is the number for crimestoppers in Indy? Do they offer a reward? I'd like to tell them my number 1 suspect!!!!!

DBell
29th April 2009, 23:29
Well whoever it was, I hope they give Oriol Servia the ride. :D

wedge
29th April 2009, 23:33
What is the number for crimestoppers in Indy? Do they offer a reward? I'd like to tell them my number 1 suspect!!!!!

For the love of God, do not spill any man juice on the interior! ;) :D

garyshell
29th April 2009, 23:46
Direct quote from Kim Green of AGR:
I am disappointed that this video was leaked because it creates an unnecessary distraction as we prepare for the 93rd running of the Indianapolis 500.

Only someone from AGR could have "leaked" this video. I may be WAY off base here, but this almost smells like a viral video campaign. Could this be the start of the next GoDaddy advert?

I'll sit quitely and wait to see how this plays out. Any news reports out of Indy regarding this?

Gary

NickFalzone
30th April 2009, 00:54
Very funny. Yeah, no way this is real.

anthonyvop
30th April 2009, 01:37

Only someone from AGR could have "leaked" this video. I may be WAY off base here, but this almost smells like a viral video campaign. Could this be the start of the next GoDaddy advert?

Gary
It ain't Go-Daddy.

SarahFan
30th April 2009, 03:39

I'll sit quitely and wait to see how this plays out. Any news reports out of Indy regarding this?

Gary

interesting comment below the video about Danicas new motorola livery for Indy....

truth is I have always felt that little 18" logo for 21 million was weak.....hopefully she rolls out something spectacular

Chamoo
30th April 2009, 04:25
I'm sorry, but I'm not buying this video. Just seems to easy to me.

Scheckterfan54
30th April 2009, 04:41
DanicaFan...you have some questions to answer...4/28/2009 at 3:28 A.M.....where were you when this crime was committed?

Chamoo
30th April 2009, 05:04
DanicaFan...you have some questions to answer...4/28/2009 at 3:28 A.M.....where were you when this crime was committed?

Hilarious.

Whatever the result of this, whether its real or fake, it's getting plenty of hits which is good for the IRL and ARG.

DanicaFan
30th April 2009, 05:25

I was working. I work 3rd shift. Im a cop, remember ?

I have things I could say on this but I will not discuss. ;)

Chamoo
30th April 2009, 05:43

So your the cop who orchistrated this whole thing?

Easy Drifter
30th April 2009, 05:44
You mean like 'Car 54 Where are You?' :D
Any other old f--ts remember that cop show?

garyshell
30th April 2009, 05:51

Sooooooooo, you were on duty WHEN this was happening. Verrrrrrrry interesting. ...big ol' grin...

Gary

P.S. EasyDrifter, yes sadly I am old enough to remember Car 54. "Caaaaaar 54, where arrrrrrrrrrrre you?" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQbbhFDE9WE

garyshell
30th April 2009, 06:20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdIB67DmDmI

Viral! Viral! Viral!

Gary

beachbum
30th April 2009, 11:39

GaryNothing in the news, so it sure looks like an attempt at creating a viral video. If it is a PR stunt, it is a pretty juvenile one, but that would be typical of GoDaddy. I guess you have to get publicity any way you can.

Andrewmcm
30th April 2009, 11:50
Fair play to them if it makes a bit of a buzz. No such thing as bad publicity and all that.

garyshell
30th April 2009, 14:32
Nothing in the news, so it sure looks like an attempt at creating a viral video. If it is a PR stunt, it is a pretty juvenile one, but that would be typical of GoDaddy. I guess you have to get publicity any way you can.

Why is it "juvenile"? I see it as no different from any other bit of viral marketing. I think it's clever and, to be honest, refreshing to see someone in charge actually understands "new media".

Gary

garyshell
30th April 2009, 14:33
It ain't Go-Daddy.

Then who? It is obviously a bit of viral marketing.

Gary

beachbum
30th April 2009, 17:10
Why is it "juvenile"? I see it as no different from any other bit of viral marketing. I think it's clever and, to be honest, refreshing to see someone in charge actually understands "new media".

GarySimulating a crime is, IMHO, a bit juvenile. There is nothing wrong about trying to make viral videos, but something like that is way to easy to prove as fake. Then again, I might just be a curmudgeon.

methanolHuffer
30th April 2009, 18:05
Is someone somewhere implying that open wheel fans are gullible or naive?

If this was meant to draw more attention to a driver that already seems to get an immense level of attention, then what exactly is the message here?

I remember kids in elementary school grinding the rumor mill for attention much like this.

Civic
30th April 2009, 18:10
This one made the rounds of the rumor mill even though it was also staged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbzQDSKEzMc

SarahFan
30th April 2009, 20:09
Then who? It is obviously a bit of viral marketing.

Gary

I don't think its godaddy... I think its just AGR and it has to do with a new motorola livery...

and I'm with you...

doing something is better than what we usually get from the IRL and teams which is usually nothing...

perhaps not the best executed attempt at promotion.... but the intent was there.... for that i give them props

garyshell
30th April 2009, 20:49
I don't think its godaddy... I think its just AGR and it has to do with a new Motorola livery...

and I'm with you...

doing something is better than what we usually get from the IRL and teams which is usually nothing...

perhaps not the best executed attempt at promotion.... but the intent was there.... for that i give them props

Motorola is broke, GoDaddy is rolling in money. AGR wouldn't know viral marketing from the swine flu virus. Now, who in this ménage à trois would know a thing or two about viral marketing. I gots me a six pack of fine ale here that sez we are looking at GoDaddy. Any takers?

Gary

SarahFan
30th April 2009, 21:22
Motorola is broke, GoDaddy is rolling in money. AGR wouldn't know viral marketing from the swine flu virus. Now, who in this ménage à trois would know a thing or two about viral marketing. I gots me a six pack of fine ale here that sez we are looking at GoDaddy. Any takers?

Gary

I'll t

I'll take it Gary
the 21 mil has already been paid
and all were really talking here is a paint job

Heck between marco and TK we have a 1/2 dozen already

garyshell
30th April 2009, 21:37
I'll take it Gary

Okay we're on. I am betting it is GoDaddy behind this.

Gary

anthonyvop
30th April 2009, 21:41

Gary
Has nothing to do with sponsor. It has everything to do with a sponsor's Ad Agency.

garyshell
30th April 2009, 21:46
Has nothing to do with sponsor. It has everything to do with a sponsor's Ad Agency.

Wow! Reaaaaally?????? Thanks Mr. Obvious. Which one of the sponsors has an AD AGENCY then that knows anything about viral marketing? My answer is the same.

Gary

beachgirl
30th April 2009, 22:51
With the condition Motorola is in right now, in today's news, I don't think they even HAVE an Ad Agency anymore.

Easy Drifter
1st May 2009, 00:08
Has anyone received an E-mail from a nice gentleman in Nigeria offering them a drive in the INDY 500 for only $10,000.00 US?

SarahFan
1st May 2009, 15:51

Gary

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/danica-patrickrsquos-andretti-green-racing,808617.shtml

garyshell
1st May 2009, 15:55
Still no tie in or explanation of the "stolen car", though. Don't pop the caps on that root beer just yet my friend. Although I admit it does look like I won't be enjoying that Stoudt's Double IPA at your expense either.

Gary

anthonyvop
1st May 2009, 19:02
Wow! Reaaaaally?????? Thanks Mr. Obvious. Which one of the sponsors has an AD AGENCY then that knows anything about viral marketing? My answer is the same.

Gary
So obvious but yet you failed to mention it...........

AGR has a lot od sponsors. A few have even recently changed ad-agencies.

Wilf
1st May 2009, 19:03
Look out, follow the money and pop your clutch.

SarahFan
1st May 2009, 22:27
Still no tie in or explanation of the "stolen car", though. Don't pop the caps on that root beer just yet my friend. Although I admit it does look like I won't be enjoying that Stoudt's Double IPA at your expense either.

Gary

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//090501/482/44fbccc962354d0a802c6fc343aa93f7/

garyshell
1st May 2009, 22:46
http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//090501/482/44fbccc962354d0a802c6fc343aa93f7/

I am still trying to figure out how this all links to the stolen car video? It doesn't make any sense. If you are using a viral video to draw attention to a marketing campaign, you need to complete the circle and somehow tie the two together. Once you have the eyeballs captured you want to direct them to your campaign. Something is still not right with this. I don't think we have heard the end of this. Or if we have, then the AD AGENCY (got that Anthony, the AD AGENCY NOT THE SPONSOR) is dumber than a box of rocks.

Gary

SarahFan
1st May 2009, 23:21
I am still trying to figure out how this all links to the stolen car video? It doesn't make any sense. If you are using a viral video to draw attention to a marketing campaign, you need to complete the circle and somehow tie the two together. Once you have the eyeballs captured you want to direct them to your campaign. Something is still not right with this. I don't think we have heard the end of this. Or if we have, then the AD AGENCY (got that Anthony, the AD AGENCY NOT THE SPONSOR) is dumber than a box of rocks.

Gary

Whats the possibilty that besides a couple hundred dorks on the racing boards even gave the thing asecomd thought and rather than look stupid propin and pimpin the 'theft' they scratched part of the plan

Something tells me we won't hearanother word about it

DanicaFan
2nd May 2009, 00:30
The car video is a PR move. AGR picked up Boost Mobile as the primary sponsor for Danica for the remainder of the season. The car now sports black/orange accents.

DanicaFan
2nd May 2009, 00:41
A couple more pics...

SarahFan
2nd May 2009, 04:32
The car video is a PR move. AGR picked up Boost Mobile as the primary sponsor for Danica for the remainder of the season. The car now sports black/orange accents.

did they actually pick up a new sponsor or is boost an extension of motorola?

garyshell
2nd May 2009, 05:01
did they actually pick up a new sponsor or is boost an extension of motorola?

I believe it is part of Sprintof all places. See this:

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20090430/D97SVN983.html

Apparently they are having some growing pains.

Gary

SarahFan
2nd May 2009, 13:47
the switch is very interesting...

Motorola paid 21 mil to be on the car for 3 years....now the lions part of 09' will be BOOST...

wonder if Motorola brokered some kind of 'sub-lease' for lack of a better term...

really niether hear or now... but kinda interesting to mull over

beachgirl
3rd May 2009, 01:24
the switch is very interesting...

Motorola paid 21 mil to be on the car for 3 years....now the lions part of 09' will be BOOST...

wonder if Motorola brokered some kind of 'sub-lease' for lack of a better term...

really niether hear or now... but kinda interesting to mull over

Your thought is what I think has happened. Motorola is in really bad shape, and sinking fast. IMHO, they "sold" the rest of the sponsorship that they've already paid out to AGR to Boost, Boost pays Motorola, Motorola gets some PR on the car, Boost gets the big logos, and 2009 is set. To me, 2010 sponsorship will still be a big question mark. I truly believe Motorola is gone (and may be gone as a corporate entity as we all know it), and it will remain to be seen how much and what kind of sponsorship Boost is willing to fund in the future by itself.

Loneranger
3rd May 2009, 01:35

Gary

I agree.

garyshell
6th May 2009, 16:15

Gary

I'll take it Gary

Even though we never did see any explanation of who was behind the stunt, I guess I have to admit that by default I lose the bet. I claimed it was GoDaddy and all Ken had to do was claim it was not. ..big ol' grin...

But what a STUPID move on the part of whoever WAS behind this. You put out this viral marketing campaign and then never tie it back in to you sponsor. What the hell was the point of that?

So Ken will you be at Indy, KY Speedway or Mid Ohio, so I can deliver this 6 pack of PBR or would you prefer Old Milwaukee? ...big ol' sheepish grin...

Gary

SarahFan
6th May 2009, 18:33
I'll be at Indy....flying in Friday... Hoosier 100 that evening..

Sat I believe theres anither race somewhere in town.....?

obviosly sun at IMS

then home on Monday morn..

I I agree... to not tie it back in is/was weaksauce....I suspect it simply got no play other than amongst the 237 of us on the racing boards.....

NOVI
8th May 2009, 20:37
I'm an old guy, but I believe a slang term for stealing a car is...ahem:boost.

How are Tooty and Muldune these days? Probably desk officers...

Old3Fan
12th May 2009, 00:36
I was working. I work 3rd shift. Im a cop, remember ? I have things I could say on this but I will not discuss. ;) . This didn't happen on your beat did it?