PDA

View Full Version : i need some ideas

The instant classic
28th April 2009, 22:05
ok here it goes
i have a choice between 2 races later this year witch race sholud i get tickets for?
nascar = daytona coke zero 400
or
indycar = Streets of Toronto

this what makes it hard, i have seen the Streets of Toronto in 2007 but the rain killed the fun,
but on the other hand
i was at dega this passed weekend and loved the plate racing, and something about almost beening hit by a flying car made my gf jummp into my arms :D

so im not sure witch race i sholud see, you guys have any ideas? :confused:

jimispeed
28th April 2009, 22:30
ok here it goes
i have a choice between 2 races later this year witch race sholud i get tickets for?
or

this what makes it hard, i have seen the Streets of Toronto in 2007 but the rain killed the fun,
but on the other hand
i was at dega this passed weekend and loved the plate racing, and something about almost beening hit by a flying car made my gf jummp into my arms :D

The racing tells me that you should experience Toronto.

Your punctuation tells me that you should experience more NASCAR!!

;)

The instant classic
29th April 2009, 02:42
The racing tells me that you should experience Toronto.

Your punctuation tells me that you should experience more NASCAR!!

;)
hahaha
thanks

gotta go with the Nascar race maybe this time i will get more then just the girl hanging on my arm :bounce: :love: :D

SarahFan
29th April 2009, 03:04
Both!

Chamoo
29th April 2009, 16:58
hahaha
thanks

gotta go with the Nascar race maybe this time i will get more then just the girl hanging on my arm :bounce: :love: :D

You should be happy you just get the girl and not the taxi too.

Easy Drifter
30th April 2009, 00:53
Toronto has always been a happening, party, plus the race on a pretty good track. Toronto probably has more ethnic restaurants than any other city, although it is not as safe as it used to be. Stay away from the Jane corridor.
However there just does not seem to be the hype this year. I understand the local clubs who supplied most of the workers are upset and up to a few weeks ago not even been approached to help. This may have changed but I haven't seen anything positive on the CASC web site. I have not checked the individual club sites.
I will probably be at Mosport May 9/10 and may find out more. Weather can be dicey at this time of year and I had enough of miserable wet cold races as both a driver and wrench. A couple of years ago the early May race got snowed out!

EagleEye
30th April 2009, 02:51
ok here it goes
or

but on the other hand

You have to really love street races, as you only see them go by when they are in front of you, or on the big screen. Better even more from the pits.

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but Daytona, especially the 400, is awesome. But, be prepared to walk and wait. The traffic is terrible unless you stay near the track and walk it.

Chamoo
30th April 2009, 05:08
I will probably be at Mosport May 9/10 and may find out more. Weather can be dicey at this time of year and I had enough of miserable wet cold races as both a driver and wrench. A couple of years ago the early May race got snowed out!

Last year I was miserable sitting there.

But, I think they will be approached soon. They need to be, otherwise the race will be way over budget.

Easy Drifter
30th April 2009, 05:40
Chamoo if you go this year visit me. Early I will be with the F4 guys but then at turn 3. My knees are such I can't stand for long so at 3 I sit in my white Cobalt and watch. Too many cold race shops and worse days at the track for 30 odd years have taken there toll.

Chamoo
30th April 2009, 05:44
Chamoo if you go this year visit me. Early I will be with the F4 guys but then at turn 3. My knees are such I can't stand for long so at 3 I sit in my white Cobalt and watch. Too many cold race shops and worse days at the track for 30 odd years have taken there toll.

Deal!

The instant classic
1st May 2009, 04:15
Toronto has always been a happening, party, plus the race on a pretty good track. Toronto probably has more ethnic restaurants than any other city, although it is not as safe as it used to be. Stay away from the Jane corridor.
However there just does not seem to be the hype this year. I understand the local clubs who supplied most of the workers are upset and up to a few weeks ago not even been approached to help. This may have changed but I haven't seen anything positive on the CASC web site. I have not checked the individual club sites.
I will probably be at Mosport May 9/10 and may find out more. Weather can be dicey at this time of year and I had enough of miserable wet cold races as both a driver and wrench. A couple of years ago the early May race got snowed out!i use to live very close to jane street i know what that mess it like :grenade:
i agree with that no hype this year, but even when champcar races in Toronto i never seen that much hype, last time i was there in 2007, half the fans couldnt tell you who the drivers where, only PT, and if PT doesnt show up for this race, i cant see Toronto hyping this up :(

The instant classic
1st May 2009, 04:23
You have to really love street races, as you only see them go by when they are in front of you, or on the big screen. Better even more from the pits.

I'm not a NASCAR fan, but Daytona, especially the 400, is awesome. But, be prepared to walk and wait. The traffic is terrible unless you stay near the track and walk it.last time i saw a street race, the spot i was standing at wasnt bad, i couldnt see the big screen, unless i went to buy a hat t-shirt etc they had tv set up, but i still liked my spot.. ok lets be honest my spot was next to the champcar girls and it was raining and they where wet and at the time i was single, so yeah every guys dream doies come true :heart:

omg my gf is so leaving me for saying that :p

Chamoo
1st May 2009, 06:21
last time i saw a street race, the spot i was standing at wasnt bad, i couldnt see the big screen, unless i went to buy a hat t-shirt etc they had tv set up, but i still liked my spot.. ok lets be honest my spot was next to the champcar girls and it was raining and they where wet and at the time i was single, so yeah every guys dream doies come true :heart:

omg my gf is so leaving me for saying that :p

Your going to have to control yourself. You can't keep saying things like this infront of the girlfriend, they won't stop getting you in trouble.

This is what I have learned about relationships.

The girlfriend/wife is happy? I am happy.
The girlfriend/wife is mad? I am mad.

Take that to heart.

The instant classic
1st May 2009, 16:21
Your going to have to control yourself. You can't keep saying things like this infront of the girlfriend, they won't stop getting you in trouble.

This is what I have learned about relationships.

The girlfriend/wife is happy? I am happy.
The girlfriend/wife is mad? I am mad.

Take that to heart.
na im just playing around, she even knows that, we have so many inside things, she always says to me, "im gonna run away with Ryan Briscoe"
and i make a comment about the champcar girls and we both have a laugh
more of the inside joke

garyshell
1st May 2009, 17:20
na im just playing around, she even knows that, we have so many inside things, she always says to me, "im gonna run away with Ryan Briscoe"
and i make a comment about the champcar girls and we both have a laugh
more of the inside joke

Or so she WANTS you to think... :D

Gary