PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bana

wedge
28th April 2009, 12:04
Has documentary released soon in the UK called Love the Beast about competing in the Targa Tasmania in his beloved Ford Falcon and ended up smashing it into a tree.

Loves his racing, recently competed at the Bathurst 12hrs.

Never knew he was a comedian before Hollywood came calling. Wondering if our antipodean friends can offer some youtube links, especially his infamous Peter persona :D

Hazell B
29th April 2009, 14:23
Cheers Wedge.
I like Bana, even in Troy :p :

TheFamousEccles
30th April 2009, 14:13
Possible spoiler alert - I don't think it will but if you are even slightly cranky about anyone talking about something you are yet to see but plan to then, don't say I didn't warn you... ;)

Love the Beast is a great doco, it is interesting in one scene where our hero is standing around, talking cars with a few legends of the tarmac rally scene in Oz (- Jim Richards has won in almost everything that has wheels, in fact he has reached a minor deity status, but my favourite Gentleman Jim moment was in '92 when he won the Bathurst 1000 in a Skyline and the parochial ford or holden crowd were having none of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_ATwXUtxPA ), Bana opens the boot (trunk for our Nth American friends) of his car to show of the build quality - which is truly awesome - It could have been any bunch of car entusiasts anywhere in the world. The universality of a shared passion, eh.

I hope this wasnt too much of a spoiler for those who want to go and see the movie. It made me go home and plan the engine re-build that I have always thought I might get around to doing on my old girl in the shed (not the wife....), you've got to love the beast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpS31FJO8_o

To our Euro friends - sorry about the accent, Bana is fluent in Westie Bogan, an obscure but spreading dialect in Oz that anyone can adopt if they have sucked enough tinnies. Give it a try!

raybak
1st May 2009, 07:27
Jim Richards crashed out of Targa today, his first ever DNF at the event.

Ray