PDA

View Full Version : Unsportsmanship conduct

martini99
27th April 2009, 13:38
I have never seen any like the very unsportman like conduct of Brad Kesolowski . To push someone out of the way that is the race leader is just not acceptable to me. Then once in victory lane Brad conducted himself like a grade school child and not once inquired on the condition of the injured spectators or even his fellow race driver Carl Edwards. As NASCAR attempts to produce a professional series they as the sanctioning body should send Mr Kesolowski far far away--- perhaps to the local demo derby circuit. One would be hard pressed to find actions like his at a 1/4 mile saturday evening bull ring.

Wade91
27th April 2009, 13:42
Brad did nothing wrong! Carl tryed to push Brad below the yellow line, but Brad went below the line he whould get penalized!

Carl came down and hooked hemself!

slorydn1
27th April 2009, 18:03
I have never seen any like the very unsportman like conduct of Brad Kesolowski . To push someone out of the way that is the race leader is just not acceptable to me. Then once in victory lane Brad conducted himself like a grade school child and not once inquired on the condition of the injured spectators or even his fellow race driver Carl Edwards. As NASCAR attempts to produce a professional series they as the sanctioning body should send Mr Kesolowski far far away--- perhaps to the local demo derby circuit. One would be hard pressed to find actions like his at a 1/4 mile saturday evening bull ring.

1) Brad stated several times in severel interviews that he was glad Carl was OK, so he already had knowlege and had no need to inquire

2) Carl came down on him, not the other way around (and Carl stated that fact in his own interview

3) What was Brad supposed to do? Ask Regan Smith what happens when you try to avoid the wreck coming to finish line for the win. You get penalized.

youtellme
27th April 2009, 23:15
[quote="martini99"]I have never seen any like the very unsportman like conduct of Brad Kesolowski . To push someone out of the way that is the race leader is just not acceptable to me. Then once in victory lane Brad QUOTE]

I think you were watching a different race. CLEARLY EDWARDS CAME DOWN ON HIM. The Polock did not move his line

Read EDWARDS QUOTE WORD FOR WORD.. Read "Brad was doing everything right"

"NASCAR can talk about aggressive driving zones all they want, but you aren't going to win a race unless you are pushing a guy all the way around the race track," Edwards said.

"Brad was doing everything right. He was pushing, and that's what you have to do to win. If he drives below the yellow line, he loses the race, so what's a guy to do?

muggle not
27th April 2009, 23:46
You must be a newbie racing fan. Brad held his line and Carl came down into him. Carl made a big mistake, hope he learned his lesson.

youtellme
28th April 2009, 00:05
This has a good recap of the race.
When Edwards comes down see what 09 does
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=jf-fivethings042709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Mark in Oshawa
28th April 2009, 01:43
It amazes me how millions can watch an event, and all see something different.

Carl made a mistake. He admits it too. Basically he migrated up the race track away from the double yellow apron line. When he did this, Brad dropped out of the draft and stuck his nose in there. Carl, realizing what was going on, tried to block Brad. Once Carl moved down, Brad's nose was in there and I don't even think Brad had a chance to react before he was into the 99.

This wreck is a racing incident at this type of race track. It doesn't happen anywhere but Talledega and Daytona. The drafting and pushing phenomena is unique to NASCAR and in the case of any race series, those who block cant complain when they get run over. Carl blocked and didn't block in a manner that was going to put him anywhere but sideways.

As for the guys caring about the fans and each other, they often know on each other's condition before anyone in the stands or media knows, and they all care about the fans. Believe me...

Sparky1329
28th April 2009, 01:59

Apparently you didn't watch the race. Carl wrecked himself trying to block Brad.

colinspooky
28th April 2009, 09:23
Brad even apologised didn't he? Certainly mentioned he was glad Carl was ok several times - as for fans, think it was still too early to know.

Didn't he say something like hope everyone is ok?

Also, didn't Mike Joy say he didn't see any debris fly into the crowd during a replay? There was showers of the stuff. Wonder Waltrip and Larry kept quiet there rather than mention the large and small chunks of metal swirling around the stand injuring seven people.

shazbot
28th April 2009, 12:32
To me the more important underlying issue is that of safety. It was an unusual accident certainly, but it doesn't bear thinking about had the car gone through the fence. I'm not sure what measures can be taken, but perhaps it's worth looking at? The same applies to the IRL as well. I know the fence did its job remarkably well, but could a car vault a fence? I hope not.

Lee Roy
28th April 2009, 12:50
NASCAR had better do something about safety at Daytona and Talladega. I'm sure that their insurance company was not pleased with what happened.

colinspooky
28th April 2009, 18:52
NASCAR had better do something

Yep, let's so "something" - that'll sort it out. Roll on next race - safety for all guaranteed.

call_me_andrew
29th April 2009, 02:43
Within the context of stock car racing, Brad did nothing wrong! Carl tryed to push Brad below the yellow line, but Brad went below the line he whould get penalized!

Carl came down and hooked hemself!

Corrected.

Now here's what Carl should have done when Brad went low: Move up the track and try and get your revs as high as you can before you hit the finish line. Don't let him get a side draft.

tstran17_88
30th April 2009, 02:22
The Polock did not move his lineIf your going to bring Brad’s ethnicity into question...at least spell it correctly. (Polack)

RaceFanStan
30th April 2009, 12:18
I have no problem with a bump & run to take the lead of the race ...
but when the leader crashes due to the contact it is WRONG !!! http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

WTH did Brad think would happen ? No doubt he KNEW what would happen, he just didn't care.

youtellme
30th April 2009, 15:34
FRS your to smart of a fan to know.. Last Lap YOU DON'T LIFT when a man comes down on you. He didn't lift and he WON. He LIFTS HE LOSES.
Not to be SMART A but how can you as a smart FAN NOT understand that?

RaceFanStan
30th April 2009, 23:16
What part of "when the leader crashes due to the contact it is WRONG" do you not understand ??? http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

youtellme
1st May 2009, 04:48
What part of "when the leader crashes due to the contact it is WRONG" do you not understand ??? http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/images/icons/tongue-anim.gif

When a driver plays CHICKEN, he comes down on the other driver. He is not CHICKEN.
The driver coming down becomes chicken sheet.
Its racing, last lap is last lap,
Nice guys finish last.

Read EDWARDS QUOTE WORD FOR WORD.. Read "Brad was doing everything right"

"NASCAR can talk about aggressive driving zones all they want, but you aren't going to win a race unless you are pushing a guy all the way around the race track," Edwards said.

"Brad was doing everything right. He was pushing, and that's what you have to do to win. If he drives below the yellow line, he loses the race, so what's a guy to do?

call_me_andrew
1st May 2009, 05:30
Lose the race.

Haulin'AssAndTurnin Left
1st May 2009, 10:11
Come on guys, Brad did nothing wrong. Brad goes high, edwards Blocks, Brad goes low Edwards moves back down across the track to block and spins out because brad is already inside.

Thats the thing you guys are missing Edwards moved across the track to block him, its not like Brad intentionally went in there to spin Carl out. Brad at that point had the line, Carl tried to take it away But Brad was already there. Thats racing and remember this is happening at 195MPH it doesnt take much to spin a car out.

If Carl hadnt chose to block aggressively he would have finished a respectable 2nd, he didnt so he spun himself out and went for a ride.

youtellme
2nd May 2009, 03:42
That is how I see it. Your racing for 1st.
Nobody remembers 2nd.
Don't think I could live with everybody knowing I lifted & let a man beat me.

Mark in Oshawa
3rd May 2009, 06:04

Stan...you amaze me. Last year, Smith goes below the yellow line and doesn't lift, which the last time I looked is what you do when the guy is waving checkers, and gets dumped back to the end of the lead lap for passing under the yellow. This year, Carl does what Tony did, pushes the kid down to make him back off. Young Brad remembers what happened to Regan Smith last year and doesn't give ground. Pretty simply it sums up all that is wrong with this form of racing. Neither guy did anything wrong yet we almost put the flipping fool ( I say that with love ) in the stands.

Brad had to do what he did or people would be leaning on him the rest of his career. What Carl did wrong if anything was leaving that yellow line. I would have hugged it and forced anyone wanting by to go to the outside to do it. That said, Carl was blocking, which is done ALL the time here and at Daytona. When you block...sometimes it goes all wrong.

This was NOT a case of a guy doing a dump and run because he couldn't be bothered with a clean pass. This was a case of a leader cutting off the faster car within sight of the line. I don't care if it is Dega or Martinsville, there isn't any giving up any ground within feet of the start finish.

RaceFanStan
3rd May 2009, 16:46
In years past it was the policy that the leader picked his line. (re: Bill France & Bill France Jr)
To pass the leader a driver had to pick a line where the leader wasn't.
Moving a driver for the lead was once only acceptable on a short-track but now it happens everywhere. :s
This is just Brian France focusing on the show instead of addressing a potential problem. :s

youtellme
3rd May 2009, 17:26
Mark WINS this Thread...

e2mtt
3rd May 2009, 17:45
In years past it was the policy that the leader picked his line. (re: Bill France & Bill France Jr)

So what happens when the leader isn't driving in a line?

harvick#1
3rd May 2009, 19:17
does it really matter, Nascar died the same day Brian france and Nextel took the helm

Mark in Oshawa
9th May 2009, 03:00
Moving a driver for the lead was once only acceptable on a short-track but now it happens everywhere. :s
This is just Brian France focusing on the show instead of addressing a potential problem. :s

Don't start putting this off on Brian France. The leader picked his LINE? That was the policy? Sure it was....so Petty was penalized because he got into Pearson in 76 at the Daytona 500 because he got into Pearson or vice versa? THAT's racing....sometimes you hit when you are at close quarters fighting for inches on the race track.

The leader picked his line, he left the bottom open, and then when Keselowski went inside, Carl realized he had to block. So blocking is now officially ok only if you are a leader? Listen, it was just racing, Carl tried to shut the door and left it open too long and he paid the price. The kid played the game the way he had to after watching what happened with Regan and Tony last year. Since NASCAR had no issues with this finish, and had issues when Regan passed Tony under the yellow, I guess they are ok with this result. I fail to see the inconsistency here, and while I think plate racing is artificial and not what NASCAR is the other 32 races a years, I think this is the game they are playing with the box they put the cars in. I don't blame the drivers, and I really find it hard to figure out what NASCAR can do in this one.

I just fail however to see the point in blaming Anyone for this by saying "They did this wrong, or that driver was in the wrong". It's plate racing...you don't give ground yards from the finish.......I didn't make the rule up...