PDA

View Full Version : The King is Back

Easy Drifter
27th April 2009, 02:17
There is really no forum for this in racing so I decided to post it here.
For the first time in a few years Steve Kinser is leading the WOO points. He did miss one year with another group but Donny Schatz has dominated for the last 3 years and is still second.
How many racers have even run 551 main events ever?
That is the number of WOO A mains won by Steve Kinser. The last one Sat. night. Not raced, won.
Nobody knows how many heat races and dashes he has won plus many non WOO races including IROC.
For those who do not know the WOO is the premier sprint car series. Front engined 410 CI putting out about 850 to 900 HP winged monsters running on 1/4 to 1/2 mile dirt tracks. They often smoke their tires on dirt.
They run upwards of 70 race events a year.
Kinser has won the series so many times I have lost count but it is over 20 times in the 31 (I think) year history of the WOO.
He has been there since the beginning. What a record! No wonder he is known as "The KING."
Any other Sprint Car fans on here?

Mark in Oshawa
27th April 2009, 22:54
Good luck Drifter. Other than a few of the Americans and maybe the odd Aussie, most have no knowledge of Sprint Cars. The WoO is fun, and if I could get tickets for their show at Ohsweken I would go in a heartbeat.

You have to respect any race car with that much power no matter where they race, but when you see them in full slides at 130mph on a tight oval you realize physics is a wonderful thing...lol

Easy Drifter
28th April 2009, 00:15
Mark: If you ever get a run into central Pa. when the WOO meet the Posse and can sneak a passenger aboard let me know.
The Posse are about the only group who can beat the Outlaws and then rarely and even more rarely on a 'Big' night.
Of course, quite a few of the Posse spent a year or so with the Outlaws.
I have never had the good fortune to see an Outlaw show live.

Alexamateo
28th April 2009, 01:43
Easy, you missed 'em running "The Ditch" Friday night, just across the river from me in West Memphis, Riverside Speedway. Tim Keading won, and Steve Kinser ran 8th.

There's nothing like 24 410's on a 1/4 mile! :D

I always pulled for Sammy, because he's a hometown boy, but Steve Kinser is the greatest of all time, no doubt.

Lots of good drivers come out of Riverside, Hooker and Ricky Hood, Jeff & Sammy Swindell, Ricky Stenhouse Jr among others. Some of the best races I've ever seen have been the sprints, so count me in as a fan! :)