PDA

View Full Version : Driver of the Race - Bahrain 2009

gloomyDAY
26th April 2009, 14:33
Button.

He passed Vettel in the first lap. Vettel had to settle for second. :(

Dave B
26th April 2009, 14:35
Button. Made it look easy, but that was a phenomenal start and he managed his tyres and temperatures perfectly.

UltimateDanGTR
26th April 2009, 14:35
Button aswell.

Faultless.

Ross Brawn made another tactical mastermind and a masterpiece.

well done brawn. again.

Dave B
26th April 2009, 14:36
PS: can't wait to see how Garry finds fault with today's performance :p

gloomyDAY
26th April 2009, 14:37
PS: can't wait to see how Garry finds fault with today's performance :p Same here. Somehow Jenson is a loser for getting first and Vettel is a one trick pony for getting another deserved podium.

ArrowsFA1
26th April 2009, 14:38
Button. Best win of the three for him today :up:

I am evil Homer
26th April 2009, 14:39
Button

honorable mentions to Hamilton and Kimi for getting into the points with what are pretty rubbish cars.

VkmSpouge
26th April 2009, 14:39
Best driver today was Jenson Button. He drove pretty flawlessly all day.

F1boat
26th April 2009, 14:40
Jenson! :)

DexDexter
26th April 2009, 14:44
Kimi Räikkönen, got everything possible out of the car, re-passed Clock after pitstop and kept him behind with a slow car.

I am evil Homer
26th April 2009, 14:51
could say more about Glock's ability though!

aryan
26th April 2009, 14:54
Jensen.

Honourable mention to Kimi, Lewis and Vettel.

pino
26th April 2009, 14:59
Kimi :p :

wedge
26th April 2009, 15:16
PS: can't wait to see how Garry finds fault with today's performance :p

Disappointed in Hamilton gifting Button 3rd by leaving the door open at the last minute. He should've known better that a superior car could hold a tighter line, probably under-estimated Button.

Trulli did a good job of holding off Vettel in the middle stint so were robbed of a straight fight between Vettel and Button.

Don't get me wrong, it was a strong, flawless and deserved win, but I just feel the need of a fully formed opinion of Button with more battles in a straight fight with Vettel for instance.

Psycho!
26th April 2009, 15:18
I was amazed by Kimi!!Gongrats to him!!!
Button was fascinating,but honours to the Finn!

veeten
26th April 2009, 15:35
Same here. Somehow Jenson is a loser for getting first and Vettel is a one trick pony for getting another deserved podium.

No, I believe this time Vettel did very well, even with the Toyota breathing down his neck. That's what I wanted to see out of him; If he could keep his composure and focus on getting a podium finish in conditions that were equal to all.

F1boat
26th April 2009, 15:59
Disappointed in Hamilton gifting Button 3rd by leaving the door open at the last minute. He should've known better that a superior car could hold a tighter line, probably under-estimated Button.

Trulli did a good job of holding off Vettel in the middle stint so were robbed of a straight fight between Vettel and Button.

Don't get me wrong, it was a strong, flawless and deserved win, but I just feel the need of a fully formed opinion of Button with more battles in a straight fight with Vettel for instance.

I think that when you overtake the reigning world champion, that makes you worthy enough, especially when your main rival fails to do so ;)

christophulus
26th April 2009, 16:01
No one really stood out for me today. Button, Vettel both drove well, Raikkonen picked up some points.. but I don't think anyone drove exceptionally well.

Garry Walker
26th April 2009, 16:37
PS: can't wait to see how Garry finds fault with today's performance :p Of button? He did a great job today.

Button and Kimi were the most impressive today.

christophulus
26th April 2009, 17:01
Nobody has mentioned Piquet yet. Not driver of the day by a long shot, but managed to finish 10th, about 10 seconds down the road from Alonso, so not too bad. Let's see if he's genuinely improving, or if it's too little too late.

F1boat
26th April 2009, 17:04
Nobody has mentioned Piquet yet. Not driver of the day by a long shot, but managed to finish 10th, about 10 seconds down the road from Alonso, so not too bad. Let's see if he's genuinely improving, or if it's too little too late.

Best luck to him! The poor kid looked downbeat yesterday, to put it mildly, but his battle with Rubens showed that there IS fire in him.

jens
26th April 2009, 18:59
Can't look past the race-winner Button. I feel Brawn wasn't unbeatable today, but Brawn's strategy worked way better than the one of their closest rivals. Toyota ran too long on harder tyres. Vettel was held up during both 1st and 2nd stints. Button got the possibility to get a clean race with a proper strategy and managed to use it in his favour perfectly - kudos to him! World Champions Hamilton and Räikkönen drove a great race too, I reckon.

Sonic
26th April 2009, 20:16
As much as the guy has fraked me off recently - Lewis. Aggressive and on it all race long.

Knock-on
26th April 2009, 20:31
I think Button and Brawn had a faultless race today in a car that was probably not the best out there or even 2nd. The RB were at least as good and the Toyota had the edge on pace. However, Jenson and Ross owned that race in a display not seen since the Ferrari heyday.

Great drive from Lewis and Kimi did well to get the Ferrari in the points. I'm not coninced it is such a bad car but at least they broke their ducks.

Big :down: to Toyota who should have ruled that track today though.

Robinho
26th April 2009, 20:55
Button put himself in the right place and capitalised on others, drove a faultless race and passed his way into position to boot, great drive

CNR
27th April 2009, 00:14
It was so hot I burnt my bumwhy was this not from lewis
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/motorsport/article2396861.ece

woody2goody
27th April 2009, 00:21
I have to say Button for a great drive. He was solid, didn't make errors, overtook Hamilton and generally did a very good job.

Honourable mentions for Lewis, Fisi, Bourdais and Piquet.

Valve Bounce
27th April 2009, 00:23
Button.

He passed Vettel in the first lap. Vettel had to settle for second. :(

Bunsen!!Light em up fella!!

Valve Bounce
27th April 2009, 00:25
I think Button and Brawn had a faultless race today in a car that was probably not the best out there or even 2nd. The RB were at least as good and the Toyota had the edge on pace. However, Jenson and Ross owned that race in a display not seen since the Ferrari heyday.

Great drive from Lewis and Kimi did well to get the Ferrari in the points. I'm not coninced it is such a bad car but at least they broke their ducks.

Big :down: to Toyota who should have ruled that track today though.

You guys seem to forget that Brawn was the wiliest fox in the pits, and still is.

aryan
27th April 2009, 00:26

Look at the number of points in front his name again.... yes, that's right. It's a big ZERO.

Head to head quali: 22-0

I'm pretty certain I could have achieved the same results driving that Renault.

aryan
27th April 2009, 00:28
You guys seem to forget that Brawn was the wiliest fox in the pits, and still is.

Yes, and we all thought it's Schumacher's magic.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to take anything away from MS. I think he was a great champ. But, I think all those years, we gave too little credit to Brawn. He is clearly a mastermind of strategy.

ozrevhead
27th April 2009, 03:06
Button

with a mention to Lewis

Ari
27th April 2009, 03:17

Held up Webber for the entire race.... :(

At least he kept it on the track this time though.....

Ari
27th April 2009, 03:18
However, Jenson and Ross owned that race in a display not seen since the Ferrari heyday.

It was seen only the week before with a RBR One Two.

Ari
27th April 2009, 03:19
Button

with a mention to Lewis

I'm not forum stalking I promise!

But I agree. Button, Lewis and a mention to Kimi.....

wmcot
27th April 2009, 07:20
Kimi. For the first time in a long while he looked like the Kimi of old. His race with Glock was a great example when Kimi was stuck with the harder tire on an inferior car, but stayed ahead of Glock on the super-softs in a car with the speed to qualify on the front row. Best race from Kimi in a long time and I imagine the most you can get out of this year's Ferrari. Besides, he actually led the race (during pitstops, of course) and how many times can you say that for a Ferrari this year?

Button did what he should do with a superior car and Ross Brawn calling the strategy. A very good race, but not the best drive of the race!

Big Ben
27th April 2009, 08:13
Same here. Somehow Jenson is a loser for getting first and Vettel is a one trick pony for getting another deserved podium.

:laugh: second reply to an imaginary future post that didn't come in the end :laugh:

Button
Vettel
Kimi

ozrevhead
27th April 2009, 08:40
I'm not forum stalking I promise!

But I agree. Button, Lewis and a mention to Kimi.....
Sure you arent :p ;) Dont worry I belive ya!

oh and I found somthing everyone might like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhGuihaxFcI

PolePosition_1
27th April 2009, 08:55
Jenson Button.

He drove an outstanding race, didn't make a mistake. Lucky with the battles behind him, as do feel we were deprived of a great last 10 lap battle between Vettel and Button if Vettel hadn't been held up behind Trulli when he was on the super softs in his second stint.

But that was Red Bull and Vettel's doing, not a criticism of Button - who done what he had to do.

Whilst on the surface Trulli looked poor, in comparison to Glock, he also did a sterling job and should be complimented.

Piquet also had a good race, moving up 5 places through sheer good racing and speed. If you watched the F1 Forum, we had a good insight into Webber's first lap on board, where we see Piquet up ahead doing some very good wheel - to - wheel racing.

Whilst I don't think Piquet deserves to be in F1, I can't help but feel sorry for the guy, and would like him to succeed, so it was good that he had a strong race.

leopard
27th April 2009, 10:30
Sure you arent :p ;) Dont worry I belive ya!

oh and I found somthing everyone might like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhGuihaxFcI

I used to know him a teammate killer, this year would be a tough season to retain the degree.
I placed my hope much on him especially when he had opportunity to drive BMW, unluckily BMW didn't extend his drive and had to drive for williams, and now RBR.
Driver like him is free to alter drive from a place to different place wherever it is beneficial...

stevie_gerrard
27th April 2009, 11:46
Button was brilliant (and DOTD because of it), Kimi was superb to get that monstrosity into the points, and Hamilton did well to hold on for a good points finish. In my opinion, a great race :up:

Triumph
27th April 2009, 12:49
Jenson and Lewis equally for me.

:-)

Sleeper
27th April 2009, 17:59
I wander why people are so surprised to see Kimi in the points. OK, 6th was probably a place more than the car deserved (amd quality driving for it too) but Renault/McLaren/Williams pace is what we've seen from Ferrari all year, they're only slow compared to Brawn, Toyota and RBR.

What surprised me most is that the car lasted long enough to finish! :p