PDA

View Full Version : Fisichella - why is he still in F1?

Daniel
26th April 2009, 14:23
As the title says....... Why?

UltimateDanGTR
26th April 2009, 14:32
Because it doesnt matter who drives a Force India, they're still gonna be at the back anyway ;)

Ranger
26th April 2009, 14:37
If Sutil deserves to be in F1 then so does Fisichella.

Fisichella > Sutil.

gloomyDAY
26th April 2009, 14:47
I think some of these guys love the lifestyle that F1 provides them, so they'll pull strings in order to retain their job. Fisi is no different and as they say, money talks!

DexDexter
26th April 2009, 14:49

Because he matches or is quicker than his teammate, it's that simple.

Daniel
26th April 2009, 14:52
His team mate didn't thwack a Ferrari and hold up the race leader.

Ranger
26th April 2009, 14:56
His team mate didn't thwack a Ferrari and hold up the race leader.

...and yet Sutil was still slower. AND he managed to ruin someone's race before it even began.

There's no excuses to be made for Adrian.

pino
26th April 2009, 14:57

Give a Force India to Barrichello and Button and you will ask the same question ;)

gloomyDAY
26th April 2009, 14:58
Give a Force India to Barrichello and Button and you will ask the same question ;) Can, meet worms.

veeten
26th April 2009, 15:45
Give a Force India to Barrichello and Button and you will ask the same question ;)

Looking at what the car can do in certain circumstances, I'd think Jense and Rube could have the FI in the latter half of the top 10.

Fisi has lost it, and Sutil in the same room as Nakajima, Piquet Jr., and Buemi: don't expect championship form.

F1boat
26th April 2009, 16:03
The way Fisi blocked Jenson was appalling :( Good that all was OK in the end :)

christophulus
26th April 2009, 16:14
The Force Indias seem to have improved, they nearly got into Q2 and their race pace wasn't too shabby. Still think they could do with a couple of new drivers sooner rather than later - they aren't doing a particularly bad job but nor can I see them improving on their current performance.

Garry Walker
26th April 2009, 16:38
He made mistakes, but still beat Sutil, who some think deserves a much better car :rotflmao:

F1boat
26th April 2009, 17:11
He made mistakes, but still beat Sutil, who some think deserves a much better car :rotflmao:

This guys are experts in blocking it seems. Adrian ruined Webbo yesterday and today Fisi behaved like an a$$ when Button lapped him.

jens
26th April 2009, 19:24

Well, last year we had a similar situation. ;) When Jenson and Rubens were racing for P13 in a crappy Honda and people were wondering, what are they doing in F1.

In answer to the title of the thread, Force India hired him for his experience last year and Fisi seemed quite on fire especially in the beginning of 2008 with some remarkable drives. Anyway, I think it should be Fisi's last year in F1 and it seems he has become more dispirited as he struggles to see any kind of future in F1 in a team that is consistently a backmarker. But only a few races ago we had a thread about Fisi, so not going to discuss about it much longer now.

DexDexter
26th April 2009, 20:57
Looking at what the car can do in certain circumstances, I'd think Jense and Rube could have the FI in the latter half of the top 10.

Fisi has lost it, and Sutil in the same room as Nakajima, Piquet Jr., and Buemi: don't expect championship form.

Jenson and Rubens would be right there were the Force Indias are now. People still don't seem to realise that a slower car is a slower car. Fisi and Sutil are not bad drivers, I mean who is to say that Barrichello is a faster qualifier than Fisi? History doesn't suggest so. Four races run and suddenly Rubens and Jenson are some marvels. Do I need to remind you that they ran last year at the back of the grid? Ask Lewis or Kimi about how much the equipment matters.

Caroline
26th April 2009, 21:24
Jenson and Rubens would be right there were the Force Indias are now. People still don't seem to realise that a slower car is a slower car. Fisi and Sutil are not bad drivers, I mean who is to say that Barrichello is a faster qualifier than Fisi? History doesn't suggest so. Four races run and suddenly Rubens and Jenson are some marvels. Do I need to remind you that they ran last year at the back of the grid? Ask Lewis or Kimi about how much the equipment matters.

I feel the speed of the cars isn't the issue here. It's how they are driven on the track and their effect on other drivers.

Knock-on
26th April 2009, 21:43
Fisi has helped the team in it's early days but I do feel he should be replaced next year and unlike Garry, think Sutil is a bit of a star in a reasonably priced car.

Would love to see him in the Rosso, Williams or BMW to see what he can do.

Sonic
26th April 2009, 21:53
Kubica did a wayyyy worse job at getting out the way IMO. At least fissi was accidental, kubica was well aware what was going on. Had no reason not to let them all past. And would have been crying bl00dy murder if it had happened to him battling for 2nd/3rd

veeten
26th April 2009, 22:03
Kubica did a wayyyy worse job at getting out the way IMO. At least fissi was accidental, kubica was well aware what was going on. Had no reason not to let them all past. And would have been crying bl00dy murder if it had happened to him battling for 2nd/3rd

... and the time that he was? Oh, yeah, when he had that clash with Vettel in Melbourne. ;)

CNR
27th April 2009, 00:03

have you forgotten HONDA already

A deal to see Mercedes engines and other McLaren support could be in place with a customer team

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/081012090442.shtml
did they know about honda pulling out

Speculation on the verge of the Japanese Grand Prix this weekend suggests the Woking-based team is in detailed talks with Force India, and perhaps another private team, about a collaboration for 2009.

woody2goody
27th April 2009, 00:18
Not sure which race some people were watching today, but what I saw was Fisi dragging that car onto the heels of Ferrari and Renault, and getting shoved unceremoniously off the road by Massa, who didn't seem to realise that he might still be there.

Sutil did a decent job in the end after getting caught up in all the chaos in the back of the pack.

At the end of the day though Fisi passed 7 or 8 cars on the opening lap, drove a strong pace throughout and I know he held up Button but it was only because he was angry at the original incident.

I think it's really unfair to single out one guy for criticism. I mean what has Nelsinho done this season until today? Same goes unfortunately for Kimi, Bourdais and Nakajima.

Fisi never gave up today and that's commendable in my view.

millencolin
27th April 2009, 11:26
well... someone has to keep the BMW's off the back of the grid

stevie_gerrard
27th April 2009, 12:04
I think both Force India drivers improved this weekend. Both had their moments however, Fisi block on Button was stupid, as was Sutil on Webber in qualifying. But both finished ahead of BMW and toro Rosso, i think theres some genuine improvement there, and i honestly thought Sutil had the chance of a top 10 finish this weekend. As for fisi, i thought he did well this weekend, and hopefully he will improve over the europe races, and force can challenge for the smaller points come the end of the season.