PDA

View Full Version : Earth Day 2009

schmenke
22nd April 2009, 22:22
Just realised (as I was googling) that today is/was international Earth Day.
Haven't seen a thread for it, so I was wondering what you all have done today to lessen your environmental footprint.

Me, I was googling smaller shoes... :mark:

anthonyvop
22nd April 2009, 22:28
Just realised (as I was googling) that today is/was international Earth Day.
Haven't seen a thread for it, so I was wondering what you all have done today to lessen your environmental footprint.

Me, I was googling smaller shoes... :mark:
Drove my big American Car to the Shopping Mall to buy gloves lined with Baby Harp Seal fur.
Then went to the McDonald's drive thru and ordered a Big Mac then sat in my car with the engine idling and the AC blasting while I ate it.

All the while waiting for my pool heater to raise the water temp to 95 degrees.

Easy Drifter
22nd April 2009, 22:41
Went looking for David Suzuki to try eradicate the biggest source of hot air in Canada. :vader:

markabilly
23rd April 2009, 01:36
I celerbrated with kool aid, while trying to find eki's sister....just business she said, nothing personal

leopard
23rd April 2009, 04:26
To give this earth less emission, besides currently existing buy a small white charade ...

555-04Q2
23rd April 2009, 06:38
Drove my big American Car to the Shopping Mall to buy gloves lined with Baby Harp Seal fur.
Then went to the McDonald's drive thru and ordered a Big Mac then sat in my car with the engine idling and the AC blasting while I ate it.

All the while waiting for my pool heater to raise the water temp to 95 degrees.

For the first time, you and I see eye to eye :)

Alexamateo
23rd April 2009, 08:27
Well, this week, I am shipping plants destined for P. Allen Smith's Garden Home Retreat.

The Garden Home Retreat is a demonstration site designed to test and teach lessons in eco-friendly building, sustainable living and good stewardship. Read these articles learn more about the green initiatives used during the construction.

http://www.pallensmith.com/index.php?id=1663

Of course, Any good is cancelled out because I am shipping on those foul diesel-burning, carbon-belching, god-forsaken, double-clutching 18 wheel tractor-semi-trailers. Heck, I even tried to hire Mark in Oshawa to haul for me one time. (Except he's a durn-furriner and can't pick-up and final in the US) :dozey: :D :)