PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the race - China 2009

Dave B
19th April 2009, 09:57
Piquet for doing nothing to keep his career alive; Hamilton for making so many good moves on Kimi and then throwing them all away.

christophulus
19th April 2009, 09:59
Piquet, both Toyotas, Hamilton could've got 4th or so without so many spins.

Another (dis)honourable mention for Ferrari too, no pace whatsoever from Raikkonen and a breakdown for Massa.

yodasarmpit
19th April 2009, 10:00
Piquet.
And Hamilton doing a Massa.

gloomyDAY
19th April 2009, 10:01
Piquet. He's going to get fired.

ioan
19th April 2009, 10:08
Kubica for trying to mount Trulli's Toyota.
Honorable mention to Buemi for almost doing a Vettel, maybe it's a sign of things to come in a year's time.

Ranger
19th April 2009, 10:08
Piquet.

Honourable mention to Kubica. To completely mount another car takes some skill when there's a blazing red light telling him where the car is!

Not a lot of justice when he continued and Trulli did not.

gm99
19th April 2009, 10:11
Piquet for showing once again that the only F1 car he should be in is one from his dad's collection in the basement.
Bourdais for again been well out-performed by his rookie team-mate and never making it inside the points in what clearly was a very competitive car today.

Alonso & Hamilton were also quite error-prone today and threw away better finishes by spinning regularly.
Räikkönen for not even trying to fight for a better finish.

Honorable mention goes to Sutil, who didn't manage to keep it on the island after having had a great race up to that point.

Lots of donkeys around today...

DexDexter
19th April 2009, 10:21
Bourdais and Piquet, both deserve to go. I don't know if you guys understand English but Räikkönen had an engine problem, said it himself on the radio.

VX_Rules
19th April 2009, 10:25
If Sutil had landed in the points today, deservedly, Ferrari would be the only nonscorers in the championship...

Ferrari need a kick up the arse like one big donkey.

Tazio
19th April 2009, 10:32
So many to pick from NR RK Naka LH SB LH NP JT who am I forgetting?

Ranger
19th April 2009, 10:34
Nico Rosberg is a good driver but hasn't ever impressed in the wet, today was another case in point.

superocean
19th April 2009, 10:40
Kubica did a good job of taking Jarno out. Buemi for returning the "karma" a la Webber few years ago and the winner is Piquet for not knowing how to drive in the rain. Are we sure he's not the one who lost it in the race with the GT40?
Hamilton pulled a Massa silverstone with those spins.

DexDexter
19th April 2009, 11:11
Nico Rosberg is a good driver but hasn't ever impressed in the wet, today was another case in point.

I agree, he said in an interview on Finnish TV that his main problem was the visor, couldn't see anything! Sounds weird, I mean nobody saw anything...

ioan
19th April 2009, 11:34
I agree, he said in an interview on Finnish TV that his main problem was the visor, couldn't see anything! Sounds weird, I mean nobody saw anything...

He seems prone to make excuses.

donKey jote
19th April 2009, 11:44
donkey of the race was alonso for coming in just in time for the SC :p :

jens
19th April 2009, 11:59
Trulli. :down: He was overwhelmingly the slowest driver of all. Struggling to remember as bad drive as this by him.

aryan
19th April 2009, 12:01
Piquet. Throw him out NOW!

Kubica. Yes I know, visibility was poor, but FGS, open your eyes!

Raikonen. Felt like he was pulling over for other cars to pass him.

Bourdais. Takes some class to be outraced by your rookie team mate. AGAIN.

Truli. SLOW. Slowest I've ever seen. What's with him?

Honourable mention to Hamilton as well.

But the real prize goes to Ferrari. Seriously. What's wrong with them?

donKey jote
19th April 2009, 12:04
and another special mention goes to ioan for getting himself banned again :p :

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

wedge
19th April 2009, 12:12

He was asking for it :D

aryan
19th April 2009, 12:12

Wow! The mods are fast here.
Poor ioan. We'll wait for you here :)

Sonic
19th April 2009, 13:09
Fissi. Where the hell was he all race? Team mate up in the action and a vetran like him should have got some points today otherwise what is he still doing in the car?

Bourdais had a shocker - every time the camera picked him up he was backwards!

Piquet - the look on flav's face said it all and whilst I don't wanna diss the guy too much he's had his chance and failed

keysersoze
19th April 2009, 14:21
Fissi. Where the hell was he all race? Team mate up in the action and a vetran like him should have got some points today otherwise what is he still doing in the car?

Fisi was out-qualified by Adrian for the first time this season, by just .003, and when Sutil pitted after his spin behind the opening SC period, Giancarlo ran ahead of him--for the entire first half of the race, until the mid-race SC period.

It seems to me that since Fisi made it to half-distance on his first load of fuel, that he should stopped during the mid-race SC period. Instead, he stopped after the race was resumed, and made his stop shortly after.

And GF finished ahead of his teammate and didn't spin it into the barriers. Though Adrian was clearly quicker during the second half of the race, I'd say ole Giancarlo did alright. A number of veterans failed to score points.

rickos
19th April 2009, 15:32
Nakajima was taking pictures with his new camera while driving. The prototypical Toyota owner.

UltimateDanGTR
19th April 2009, 17:05
Trulli for being uncompartively slow.
Lewis for being super fast, then super spinny
Piquet for being rubbish. again.

woody2goody
19th April 2009, 18:17

Bourdais had a shocker - every time the camera picked him up he was backwards!

Piquet - the look on flav's face said it all and whilst I don't wanna diss the guy too much he's had his chance and failed

Bourdais drove well mate. Only 18 secs behind Buemi, who I might add didn't spin once, and started 8 places higher.

woody2goody
19th April 2009, 18:26
Anyway, the donkeys:

Piquet - like Martin Brundle said, "I don't want to beat up on the kid", but sadly, he is just not good enough, especially when you have people like Davidson, Sato, Liuzzi, and Senna out of F1.

Glock - for hitting Heidfeld, costing Nick 20 seconds, and for going off a few times himself.

Nakajima - don't know what was up with him this weekend, he was off the boil in quali and his race was awful before they parked it.

Fisichella - as much as it pains me to name him as a donkey, he never clicked with the car or the track this weekend, and for someone who's won GPs and taken pole positions in the wet before, was terribly short of any kind of speed.

Kubica - an awful weekend where he was beaten easily by Heidfeld, and maybe the criticism of the German last year is starting to prove unfounded.

Trulli - I knew he wasn't great in the wet, but that was ridiculous. It was only because of the safety car start that he wasn't running last. The fact that Kubica hit him only put him out of his misery unfortunately.

Robinho
19th April 2009, 18:54
Piquet - just stop crashing man!

Trulli - the return of the Trulli train today, looked all at sea (literally)

most of the others i thought did well not to crash as much as i thought they might, albeit, honorable mentions to Kubica and Sutil

COD
19th April 2009, 20:26
Piquet by far

But also:

Burdais and Kubica just their comments that the race should have not been on at all. Bloody crybabies that anlo wan't to race when it's dry. Go to ovals if you can't take the rain... Kubica also for his crash with Trulli.

Add the stewards... why the hell so long behind the safetycar at the start. I would have prefferd a proper standing start, but at least max 2 laps behind the SC

Garry Walker
19th April 2009, 20:58
Piquet - like Martin Brundle said, "I don't want to beat up on the kid", but sadly, he is just not good enough, especially when you have people like Davidson, out of F1.

It is only good davidson is not in f1 anymore.

Donkeys - Ferrari reliability.

Sonic
19th April 2009, 21:02
Bourdais drove well mate. Only 18 secs behind Buemi, who I might add didn't spin once, and started 8 places higher.

Yeah but with two multi lap safety cars 18 secs might as well have been a life time. Getting beat by a rookie by 'only' 18 secs makes him a donkey in my eyes.

patnicholls
19th April 2009, 22:09
Bourdais actually clocked the 5th fastest lap of the race:

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php/pitpass_news_item.php?fes_art_id=37601

So he had some good bits in there, although obviously the spin(s?) cost him any chance of points.

Storm
20th April 2009, 07:13
Piquet

Trulli

Ferrari reliability (poor Felipe who was doing quite well in the wet for a change)

RJL25
20th April 2009, 07:50

Does slamming into the back of Vettel under the safety car and having to pit for a new nose not count then? Personally I dont think it was Buemi's fault as Vettel did prop going down the straight, but the point is Buemi DID loose a lot of time there in having to make an additional out of sequence pit stop yet Bourdais still couldn't capitalise.

Fact is Bourdais has 5 times the experience of Buemi in F1 and in the wet, he is a multiple champion in the states, fact is he should be beating Buemi IN ALL CONDITIONS and beating him comfortably.

And anyway yes Buemi started 8 places higher then Bourdais, but that was because Buemi actually did a good job in qualifying whereas Bourdais didn't.

No matter which way you paint the fence, Bourdais is getting his ass handed to him by a rookie who most felt wasn't ready for F1 when STR hired him. Thats it for Bourdais, Just like Piquet, he'll be gone by mid season.

Knock-on
20th April 2009, 09:59
And Hamilton doing a Massa.

I think Massa kept spinning further back where Lewis was trying too hard but at least going forward. Wonder where he would have been had he not had a few spins but I'd rather a driver give it a go.

It was very difficult out there yesterday and I can't single anyone really out.

stevie_gerrard
20th April 2009, 11:54
Kubica for me, i know the conditions were difficult but he has had an awful weekend, and topped it off by taking out Trulli, who had a much better chance of points than he did. He really is struggling this season, which does frustrate me.

schmenke
20th April 2009, 14:52
Why was Trulli so slow? I couldn't help but question if he had a poor car setup for the conditions?

555-04Q2
20th April 2009, 15:48
Piquet - useless. 21-0 against Frodo in quali :down:

Kimi - what the hell was he doing during the race, eating another icecream :?:

tintop
20th April 2009, 17:24

Agreed, that spin at the restart was catastrophic. Both he and Hamilton were pushing hard with predictable results in that wet.

Kubica ran into the over-slowing Trulli who was a human roadblock at times. Still, the boy needs to learn a little patience - terrible year, BMW is relegated to only going for the occasional podium at this point, championship is but a pipe dream.

F1boat
21st April 2009, 06:02
Kubica. Hysterical move.

Tom206wrc
21st April 2009, 09:15
Bourdais and Piquet, both deserve to go. I don't know if you guys understand English but Räikkönen had an engine problem, said it himself on the radio.

Sure I'd prefer Bourdais to concentrate on endurance racing with Peugeot ;)