PDA

View Full Version : Score one for the "Old" guy!!! Mark Martin Takes Phoenix!

Mark in Oshawa
19th April 2009, 04:54
Well so much for age meaning squat in Sprint Cup racing. Mark Martin brought a tear to my eye as he just walked from Tony Stewart on that last restart. I don't know if he could have held off Kyle Busch or not (I like to think the old man knows his stuff) but Shrubbie got carried away trying to race off pit road.

Sometimes the old bull gets the victory......

As someone who cheered the 6 on in vain as Earnhardt Sr. won his championships, this night was special.....seeing Mark win and the way most of the NASCAR nation supports this guy. Watching Roush, Jeff Burton, Greg Biffle, Tony Stewart and others all coming to Victory lane to congratulate him says all you need to know about the respect Mark Martin carries.

All in all, an interesting race and they could race every week at Phoenix and I would never complain...

kulcu
19th April 2009, 09:27
We really had a good week that nobody will complain about. I'm really happy for him. He is one of best drivers in NASCAR history. I doesn't matter what age he is, or doesn't matter he hasn't got a championship. He clearly is. As he lives, he will remain one of fastest guys there. He showed it last year with pushing top-15 with a part-time car. And this year, as of just 8th race of season, 3 poles, 4 front rows and one dominative win. I think he is going to fight for the championship...

slorydn1
20th April 2009, 10:57
As someone who cheered the 6 on in vain as Earnhardt Sr. won his championships, this night was special.....seeing Mark win and the way most of the NASCAR nation supports this guy. Watching Roush, Jeff Burton, Greg Biffle, Tony Stewart and others all coming to Victory lane to congratulate him says all you need to know about the respect Mark Martin carries.

All in all, an interesting race and they could race every week at Phoenix and I would never complain...

As someone who enjoyed watching Dale Sr beat Mark for all those championships, I too gave it a HUGE thumbs up, hell, three thumbs up for a job well done by the old timer! :up: :up: :up:

Sparky1329
20th April 2009, 17:44
Way to go Mark! Chalk one up for the AARP demographic! :D :up:

muggle not
20th April 2009, 23:46
Way to go Mark! Chalk one up for the AARP demographic! :D :up:
Totally agree. Kudos to Mark for a great achievement. And he isn't done yet. :D