PDA

View Full Version : Last.fm/Spotify

MrJan
18th April 2009, 21:07
Anyone use them?

I've signed up to both this week and find each fairly interesting, Spotify because it's like a larger version of iTunes for me and Last.fm because it can lead me to new music by suggesting stuff (mind you I haven't used it for long and just hope that the recommendations are better than Amazon comes up with)

christophulus
18th April 2009, 21:34
Just got into last.fm recently, very impressed with it. Found a few new bands through it too.

themo
18th April 2009, 21:47
I also use last.fm
also another one i use is called purevolume

patnicholls
19th April 2009, 19:27
Last.fm is excellent, quite a few good things have popped up via the recommended radio station (preferable to the iTunes 'Genius' thing which recommends stuff on a by-the-song-you're-listening-to basis, meaning you can literally go for ever). You can also get it on the iPhone for those that have one, which is cool.

Spotify also has it's uses, obviously it doesn't recommend anything, and isn't complete - you'll look a band up and won't get the 'full story' - but still worth a use definitely.

janneppi
20th April 2009, 06:30
I used Last.fm few years ago, but not lately. I did get Spotify this weekend and it seems ok, would need a few features to be better though.

Storm
20th April 2009, 07:01
I love Last.fm although it turned into a pay site recently did it not?
Recommendations are o.k but the artist radio throws up so many different bands its great..

Donney
20th April 2009, 07:29
I used to use last.fm but since I heard rumours of it becoming a pay site I stopped using it. I use Spotify, not very often but I quite like it.

patnicholls
21st April 2009, 00:22
As far as I'm aware, last.fm isn't a pay site. I think there's some kind of 'Premium' feature which is a pay thing, but I haven't signed up for that and don't know what it does over the standard version. I suspect if you want to download specific full tracks off there rather than anywhere else that might be it.

Storm
21st April 2009, 07:49
Earlier it was such that the subscriber (paid service) would be able to play any song (his own playlist etc - on demand) while us mere mortals have to listen to whatever comes up on the stream..

Anyways in March they sent a email saying it was becoming a pay site with a charge of 3 euros per month...I haven't been using it much since but maybe it will be implemented pretty soon.

methanolHuffer
22nd April 2009, 19:32
Pandora is my favorite internet radio. Pretty intuitive and good sound quality.