PDA

View Full Version : Paul Tracy to I500 with Geico

Chamoo
17th April 2009, 20:01
Paul Tracy has been announced for the I500 to run under the KVRT banner, with Geico sponsorship.

ChicagocrewIRL
17th April 2009, 20:02
Paul Tracy has been announced for the I500 to run under the KVRT banner, with Geico sponsorship.

Dang I am impressed !!! how do you guys find this stuff so fast?? :)

Any chance for a link ? THANKS !! great news !!!

ChicagocrewIRL
17th April 2009, 20:03
The crapwagon guys must be seething and writhing with hate even more than usual over this.

ChicagocrewIRL
17th April 2009, 20:09
Oh wait ! Here's the link !!!

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/indycar-paul-tracy-joins-kv-racing-for-indy-500/

Paul Tracy becomes an instant threat to win the 500, especially with a solid team like KV Racing Tech. MAY CANNOT GET HERE FAST ENOUGH .

This has been an incredible day for IndyCar and Indy 500 fans.

:) :) :) :) :)

SarahFan
17th April 2009, 20:15
geico?

impressive!

ChicagocrewIRL
17th April 2009, 20:18
geico?

impressive!

Geico sponsored Al Jr. a few years back in one-off campaign with a US A1GP Group prepared car at Indy

Chamoo
17th April 2009, 20:23
Maybe this opens the door for Max Papis to jump in PT's T-car if PT makes it in during the first weekend, which he should.

ChicagocrewIRL
17th April 2009, 20:27
Maybe this opens the door for Max Papis to jump in PT's T-car if PT makes it in during the first weekend, which he should.

Max Papis ??? I would hope they would consider other more worthy rideless drivers out there....

Bruno Junqueira, Oriol Servia, Buddy Rice, Kosuke Matsuura <<----(juss kiddin)

seamusoldfield
17th April 2009, 20:28
Would LOVE to see Mad Max back in the series. He is such a great personality.

MDS
17th April 2009, 20:36

If anyone gets a KV 3rd car it is Oriol.

Chamoo
17th April 2009, 20:42
If anyone gets a KV 3rd car it is Oriol.

I see where you guys are coming from, however, Max is tightly tied to all Geico Motorsports of any type really. He was on hand for the announcement, and his Nascab is sponsored by Geico.

KVRT will mostlikely run a third car at the I500 with either Servia or Townsend Bell (according to Cavin). I'm talking about a T-car for Max, which would make it a fourth car.

Mad_Hatter
17th April 2009, 21:11
http://www.paultracy.com/

His site has a 2d version of the paint.

maxmach
17th April 2009, 21:34
GO PAUL GO!!!
Great news, I'm still trying to figure out why He's not sponsered full time, but anyway, this is great and Long Beach awaits.

MDS
18th April 2009, 02:20
I see where you guys are coming from, however, Max is tightly tied to all Geico Motorsports of any type really. He was on hand for the announcement, and his Nascab is sponsored by Geico.

KVRT will mostlikely run a third car at the I500 with either Servia or Townsend Bell (according to Cavin). I'm talking about a T-car for Max, which would make it a fourth car.

Apparently someone asked Vasser at the press conference if Max would be in third car and JV told him he'd have to ask Max himself. Max, who had been going around Long Beach all day in the lizard costume, took the head off and answered that question.

to answer the question, first of all, I just want to welcome Paul back into the Geico family. As you guys well know, I'm driving the No. 13 car in the Sprint Cup Series, and that's a great challenge in itself. We are going to be racing in two of the biggest races in the world at the same time. I'm still figuring out who is going to wear the gecko outfit. If I do that on the Coca‑Cola 600 or in Indy, or maybe we're going to do it at the same time in the winner's circle. But it's just a great opportunity, and I'm sure Paul is one of the most exciting figures I've ever met. Me personally, I'm really proud to share a common sponsor, and I think we share a lot of passion both for the sport, and it's good to see that Geico brought back Paul where he belongs. I know that people always said that I have the heart of a lion, but maybe you could say he has the heart of a tiger.
They misspelled Papis on transcript, and there is no chance PT will be at Kansas.

http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=13609

SarahFan
18th April 2009, 05:00
"Indy is the one thing missing from the top shelf of my trophy room and I'm going there to win the race, not to just make the field or drive around all day. If we don't win, I'll be disppointed."

^thats why paul is a racer.... sums up his entire career!

Civic
18th April 2009, 07:27
Servia was jogging in downtown Long Beach this morning. I saw him on the sidewalk and I muttered to myself, "hey, that's Servia!"

I snapped this pic right after he passed by me. He's in the black shorts on the right (obviously).
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/HybridsRacing/DSC08160.jpg

Mark in Oshawa
19th April 2009, 05:28
Gotta love Max, wearing the Gecko suit!!!

PT wins Indy, and the universe will implode with me happily in the middle of it. I am optmistic, after all, I just watched my favourite NASCAR driver from the 90's, Mark Martin win tonight past the age of 50. PT aint even 40 yet......

Easy Drifter
19th April 2009, 06:38
Mark: Off topic but you have to get out to a regional at Mosport this year. Bob Long won the F4 championship last year (and most races) and he is in his 70's. 1.27 with 750cc motorcycle engine. He also designed and built the car.

Chamoo
21st April 2009, 21:51
Gotta love Max, wearing the Gecko suit!!!

PT wins Indy, and the universe will implode with me happily in the middle of it. I am optmistic, after all, I just watched my favourite NASCAR driver from the 90's, Mark Martin win tonight past the age of 50. PT aint even 40 yet......

I have to agree. I would be terribly happy if he did it. I think his odds aren't great, but they aren't bad. You can never stack to odds too much against PT. I wonder what aero pieces he will have on the car?

As a side note, I was listening to AM640 this morning Mark, and there was an email read on air from a Mark in Oshawa. Made me think of you.