PDA

View Full Version : Helio Acquitted of all charges

anthonyvop
17th April 2009, 19:43
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/1004250.html

Mistrial on the conspiracy charge

Dr. Krogshöj
17th April 2009, 19:45
Does mistrial mean that he will be retried on that charge?

anthonyvop
17th April 2009, 19:47
Does mistrial mean that he will be retried on that charge?
That is up to the prosecution

Dr. Krogshöj
17th April 2009, 20:02
That is up to the prosecution

So technically the case hasn't ended yet?

seamusoldfield
17th April 2009, 20:30
So is he free to drive then or . . . ? Be a shame to just throw Power out. Could we see a possible Penske threesome?

Gluaistean
17th April 2009, 21:14
So is he free to drive then or . . . ? Be a shame to just throw Power out. Could we see a possible Penske threesome?

I'm glad it's over. It would be a shame to see him being found guilty.

Alexamateo
17th April 2009, 21:34
Three cars for Penske this weekend, Power is definite for Indy, the rest will be handled on a race-to-race basis for now.

seamusoldfield
17th April 2009, 22:54
A Penske three-way? Sweet. More cars, more stars. I'll take it. Helio is going to be raring to go, too. This will be good. :)

drewdawg727
17th April 2009, 23:04
Helio is racing this weekend? I think that's ridiculous.
Let the man relax, he just went through a stressful period in his life, IMO he is not prepared mentally to drive at Long Beach.

DanicaFan
17th April 2009, 23:12
He wants to race. This ordeal may have given him some extra drive. He will do fine.

champcarray
17th April 2009, 23:29
I just saw a Sports Center report on the trial, showing Helio speaking to the media after leaving court. He said he didn't want to go to Disneyworld, he wanted to go to Long Beach. Sounds like his wish is coming true.

Phoenixent
18th April 2009, 00:32
Here is the number 12 car that Will Power is going to drive just being of loaded today.

Nice :cool:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/skarnes128/Name%20That%20Car/DSC00395a.jpg

tacksharp
18th April 2009, 06:35
Helio is racing this weekend? I think that's ridiculous. <snip> IMO he is not prepared mentally to drive at Long Beach.

I agree, he's probably still shaking, and is probably so wound up he won't get any sleep tonight. However, the first time he approaches Turn 1 at 160 mph, his focus will be pinned at 100% for the rest of the weekend.

Dr. Krogshöj
18th April 2009, 08:48
That's a great looking car for Will Power. Now he only has to impress Verizon with a pair of wins at Long Beach and Indianapolis to get that full season ride. :)

Gluaistean
18th April 2009, 12:38
Here is the number 12 car that Will Power is going to drive just being of loaded today.

Nice :cool:

http://i361.photobucket.com/albums/oo56/skarnes128/Name%20That%20Car/DSC00395a.jpg

Phoenixent, that is exactly what we need. Hi class professional paint schemes with major companies on the car. Great catch.

SportscarBruce
18th April 2009, 17:10
I'm very happy for Helio and the sport. Undoubtedly he deserves his seat back, but I'm wondering if the cobwebs will indeed clear before a couple of Dallara a-arms become pretzles? No matter how talented or experienced a driver might be there will be cobwebs. So long as he doesn't affect someone else's race its all good.

Mark in Oshawa
19th April 2009, 05:32
I wont doubt Helio will be fast and energized. Maybe in the race he might make a mental mistake, but hey, some guys make those who didn't just walk out of court.

All I can say is I think the jury made the right call. You need "beyond a reasonable doubt" levels of guilty, and in this case, I never got the impression the jury was going to be convinced. Tax law is so dang complicated even the idiot that Obama put in charge of the IRS was/is a tax cheat of sorts. Pretty hard to convict anyone of tax dodging when half the damn country cant figure out where they stand with their taxes.

Helio may have just been naive, but when you saw the quality of the people willing to stand behind him ( Roger Penske wouldn't have if he thought Helio was guilty) you realize this was going to end up this way.

Go Helio, and I hope like heck Will Power blows everyone away and keeps his ride....