AndyL
14th April 2009, 13:50
Long range forcast, showers Sat, and Sunday, baby :crazy:
http://weather.yahoo.com/Shanghai-China/CHXX0116/forecast.html

Another win for Bernd Maylander then?

Tazio
14th April 2009, 18:31
Another win for Bernd Maylander then?

BTW would this be some kind of record. The first 3 races of a season finishing under at least full course yellow, or worse!

ShiftingGears
15th April 2009, 00:57
The Red Bulls will be the cars to watch if it's raining the whole race.

Ari
15th April 2009, 03:03

Nah.... Webber will take a pit stop the lap before it ends. :p

F1boat
15th April 2009, 07:03

We'll see. Vettel can be great or can make something ridiculous during the race. IMO if it rains, Brawn GP again will have an advantage...

ShiftingGears
15th April 2009, 07:45
Nah.... Webber will take a pit stop the lap before it ends. :p

Yeah...I really hope that situation doesn't unfold again.

Sonic
15th April 2009, 20:33
I'm gonna predict a win for rubens. He has a good record at the track and if rain is thrown into the mix he could storm it. IMO he has to win this race if he doesn't want to end up defacto number 2 again.

F1boat
15th April 2009, 21:00
Sonic, Button was 2nd in the race Rubens won and I think that this time it will be the other way...

gloomyDAY
16th April 2009, 02:02
When was the last hat trick in F1?

ShiftingGears
16th April 2009, 04:45
When was the last hat trick in F1?

2006 when Schumacher won the US, French and German Grands Prix.

F1boat
16th April 2009, 06:02
Hopefully, Jenson will be able to match this and why not the records of Nigel and Michael? :)

Ranger
16th April 2009, 08:12
Hopefully, Jenson will be able to match this and why not the records of Nigel and Michael? :)

Well you see that would be hopelessly boring...

CaptainRaiden
16th April 2009, 08:37
I wonder how the KERS cars would perform without KERS. Ferrari and Red Bull for example. Do you think they'd be able to match the Brawn GP cars without the KERS, but with the double decker diffuser?

F1boat
16th April 2009, 10:25
Well you see that would be hopelessly boring...

I dunno, as I expect the second part of the season to be VERY close. But I am all for Jenson. He has waited very long for this. I was sad to see the Honda so slow in 2007 and 2008. Now, a refreshing change.

Sonic
16th April 2009, 11:04
Ferrari have droped kers for the race. I find that strange. With the long straights suely this track suits a kers car more than many other places. Bmw think so - kubica is running kers for the first time at a race weekend.

The only reason I can think off for not running it is tyre wear - the super softs are back and Alonso has suggested 6 laps tops for the compound before its frak'd.

16th April 2009, 11:10
Ferrari have droped kers for the race. I find that strange

Well, it's one less thing for them to feck up.

ioan
16th April 2009, 11:13
I wonder how the KERS cars would perform without KERS. Ferrari and Red Bull for example. Do you think they'd be able to match the Brawn GP cars without the KERS, but with the double decker diffuser?

Red Bull do not run KERS, yet.

CaptainRaiden
16th April 2009, 11:15
Red Bull do not run KERS, yet.

What I meant to say was Ferrari without the KERS, and Red Bull with the DD diffuser. I think the milk tasted funny in my coffee.

ioan
16th April 2009, 11:22
What I meant to say was Ferrari without the KERS, and Red Bull with the DD diffuser. I think the milk tasted funny in my coffee.

Got it! ;)

I am evil Homer
16th April 2009, 12:20
Alonso unhappy with tyre choices - and he has a good point - who makes this decision? Bridgestone or the FIA?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74491

"I think it is the worst decision they made in a long time, because it is a ridiculous tyre for here, for Shanghai. I don't know if Bridgestone made the decision or the FIA, but they have to reconsider this type of decision because we look ridiculous on television and we look ridiculous for the spectators, and it is a joke to be in front of TV six seconds slower.

"We will need to change the tyres after five or six laps, is our calculation, because this track is harder than Melbourne and there we only did eight or nine laps.

"And if they want to be funny and mix the results and have overtaking, they can do a better job – a funny solution, maybe they can put us on the wet tyres or something. Like this it looks more spectacular – the difference in the speed. I don't know...

"I'm very worried about this and I'm very sad about this, because we look strange in front of people."

ioan
16th April 2009, 12:47
Alonso is right F1 has long been more of a show for casual viewers and is becoming a joke, much worse than the pathetic model or music shows that invaded television in the recent times.

If they continue in this direction than I'll be happy to shift to ALMS,LMS and LeMans races for good.

F1boat
16th April 2009, 12:53
I completely agree with Alonso. This tyre gamble is unnecessary and dangerous and can rob hard working teams from the victory. BTW, ioan, check ALMS. It is very cool racing series, although weakened by the crisis.

ArrowsFA1
16th April 2009, 12:55
Alonso unhappy with tyre choices - and he has a good point - who makes this decision? Bridgestone or the FIA?
Don't know, but the tyres can be changed:
2009 FORMULA ONE TECHNICAL REGULATIONS (http://argent.fia.com/web/fia-public.nsf/7C4F8D883039AF6AC125757D00369C58/$FILE/1-2009_F1_TECHNICAL_REGULATIONS_Showing-Alterations_17-03-2009.pdf)

12.5.2 If, in the opinion of the appointed tyre supplier and FIA technical delegate, the nominated tyre specification proves to be technically unsuitable, the stewards may authorise the use of additional tyres to a different specification.

12.5.3 If, in the interests of maintaining current levels of circuit safety, the FIA deems it necessary to reduce tyre grip, it shall introduce such rules as the tyre supplier may advise or, in the absence of advice which achieves the FIA's objectives, specify the maximum permissible contact areas for front and rear tyres.

12.6.3 Tyre specifications will be determined by the FIA no later than 1 September of the previous season. Once determined in this way, the specification of the tyres will not be changed during the Championship season without the agreement of all competing teams.

ioan
16th April 2009, 12:57
Also this tire issue is the reason why Ferrari will test without KERS tomorrow, in order to improve the cars balance and maximize tire performance.

F1boat
16th April 2009, 12:59
I dunno why Bridgestone is not discussing the tyre choice with the teams...

Ranger
16th April 2009, 13:00
I dunno why Bridgestone is not discussing the tyre choice with the teams...

Because their hands are tied by the two idiots upstairs, I'm guessing.

ioan
16th April 2009, 13:09
Because their hands are tied by the two idiots upstairs, I'm guessing.

Exactly.
At the end of last season Bridgestone came up with the new compounds for this years slicks, those tires were consistent and the performance difference between the hard and the soft ones, to be used in a race, was about 0.5 seconds/lap.

The FIA asked them to come up with new rubber that would give a lap time difference of 1 second/lap.
And now we are in a position where at least one of the tire types is not at all suited to be raced on the track, only good for a quali stint.

This isn't sport anymore, and it isn't about technology either cause having a circus like this is possible without cars worth a few millions. This is a F'ing joke. A proof of how the overall intellectual level of the Earth's population is plummeting, otherwise I can't really understand how one can appreciate such a farce.
I'm extremely saddened about seeing F1 brought to it's knees.

F1boat
16th April 2009, 13:58
ioan, IMO you are exaggerating things a little bit. I also do not like the way FIA is working, but the races itself are good. I think that you are upset by the fact that your favorite team is doing badly and are portraying all things black. A sport on is knees was Champ Car in its final year. Maybe ALMS at Petersburg, with just 17 cars and 3 LMP1 cars. But F1 is not on its knees. It just needs a better management.

Sleeper
16th April 2009, 14:21
Ferrari have droped kers for the race. I find that strange. With the long straights suely this track suits a kers car more than many other places. Bmw think so - kubica is running kers for the first time at a race weekend.

The only reason I can think off for not running it is tyre wear - the super softs are back and Alonso has suggested 6 laps tops for the compound before its frak'd.
I expect Ferrari are dropping KERS because Raikkonen has had 4 failures in 2 race weekends, so regardless of how good the system is, its useless because they cant get to the finish with it.

As for Kubica, I think he's made the decision totry it himself to find out if its an improvment or not. Shanghai is probably one of the few tracks were it might really be so, I've heard some say that it could be worth 1/4 of a scond on the long straight here. The question is, how much do they lose on the tighter sectors 1 and 2 because of the weight?

Sleeper
16th April 2009, 14:25
Exactly.
At the end of last season Bridgestone came up with the new compounds for this years slicks, those tires were consistent and the performance difference between the hard and the soft ones, to be used in a race, was about 0.5 seconds/lap.

The FIA asked them to come up with new rubber that would give a lap time difference of 1 second/lap.
And now we are in a position where at least one of the tire types is not at all suited to be raced on the track, only good for a quali stint.

If I remember rightly, the tyres being tested last year were struggling to last on the rears and this was only really solved with the new compounds after Xmas, might be wrong on that though. Also, I believe it was always the intention to only bring either Hard/Soft or Medium/Super Sof tyres to racces as it was the simpliest solution to increasing the gap between compounds as there wasnt much of one on last years tyres. Wrong decision IMO, as we saw in Melbourn.

I am evil Homer
16th April 2009, 14:28
ioan, IMO you are exaggerating things a little bit. I also do not like the way FIA is working, but the races itself are good. I think that you are upset by the fact that your favorite team is doing badly and are portraying all things black. A sport on is knees was Champ Car in its final year. Maybe ALMS at Petersburg, with just 17 cars and 3 LMP1 cars. But F1 is not on its knees. It just needs a better management.

I disagree and share Ioan's sentiments entirely! Choosing the softest soft compound on a track renowned for tyre wear (Hamilton in 2007!!) is stupid. That's not what F1 should be about...by all means take a soft tyre but not the one they've chosen calculated to force "a show" for TV.

Alonso is right that in Melbourne the difference was ridiculous and now in China it will probably force a 3 stop strategy just so you have to get rid of the useless rubber and have two sets of hard rubber needed to last the distance.

Valve Bounce
16th April 2009, 14:34
This idea of having to use both compounds in the race is stupid. I've already posted this ages ago. That soft compound will one day cause an accident with a failure of sorts and then all the drivers will force the FIA to drop this stupid idea.

DexDexter
16th April 2009, 15:44
Alonso is right F1 has long been more of a show for casual viewers and is becoming a joke, much worse than the pathetic model or music shows that invaded television in the recent times.

If they continue in this direction than I'll be happy to shift to ALMS,LMS and LeMans races for good.

The problem is there are much more casual viewers than die-hard fans and to them this weird tire choice which may create chaos is good news. Nobody cares about the enthusiast, it's the same in every sport.

ioan
16th April 2009, 17:20
The problem is there are much more casual viewers than die-hard fans and to them this weird tire choice which may create chaos is good news. Nobody cares about the enthusiast, it's the same in every sport.

It's the same for the pay per view sports, not for the free to air ones.

ioan
16th April 2009, 17:23
ioan, IMO you are exaggerating things a little bit. I also do not like the way FIA is working, but the races itself are good. I think that you are upset by the fact that your favorite team is doing badly and are portraying all things black.

That's BS, I watched F1 or a very long time, over a period where Ferrari were not winning almost any races, and I was very happy to watch F1.

This all thing has to do with why I started watching F1, not with my favorite or leas favorite team, so please stop this stupid remarks.

ioan
16th April 2009, 17:47
This idea of having to use both compounds in the race is stupid. I've already posted this ages ago. That soft compound will one day cause an accident with a failure of sorts and then all the drivers will force the FIA to drop this stupid idea.

It's even worse. The tire is useless (they will pit to change them) long before it get's to the point of having a structural failure.

F1boat
16th April 2009, 17:59
That's BS, I watched F1 or a very long time, over a period where Ferrari were not winning almost any races, and I was very happy to watch F1.

This all thing has to do with why I started watching F1, not with my favorite or leas favorite team, so please stop this stupid remarks.

Well, I am sorry if you are offended, but to me so much negativism is unnatural. I would not comment your opinion anymore, if you wish so.

ioan
16th April 2009, 18:26
Well, I am sorry if you are offended, but to me so much negativism is unnatural. I would not comment your opinion anymore, if you wish so.

Negativism? What's negative about not liking a farce?

You can comment my opinions, that's why we are all here, to comment, but use something better than putting everything down to suppositions about me and Ferrari.

F1boat
16th April 2009, 19:00
I don't think that a current championship is a farce :) If they had DQ the three teams to keep an angry losers happy, that would be a farce :)

Sonic
16th April 2009, 21:10
Whilst I agree the tyre rule is mostly for the casual fans benefit, it still gives interest to the die hards. Back in the last days of the turbo when fuel management was all - the casual fan would have seen cars that had been slow suddenly catch up and offer provide some action. The die hards knew why but still enjoyed the action. I view this compound rule in the same way. F1 needs new fans (and casual fans can develop into die hards if they get hooked).

Sonic
16th April 2009, 22:27
The beeb are reporting that mclaren and renault have got a new diffuser for this weekend. Not sure how true it is as no one else is reporting it yet but if true we might just be about to find out how much time the DD diffusers offer.

ioan
16th April 2009, 22:30
The beeb are reporting that mclaren and renault have got a new diffuser for this weekend. Not sure how true it is as no one else is reporting it yet but if true we might just be about to find out how much time the DD diffusers offer.

It's true.
However keep in mind that these are only an emergency bolt-on solution, not a fully integrated one like in the case of Brawn, Toyota and Williams. So any improvement made by Renault and McLaren will probably be only 50-70% of the real potential of the double decker diffusers.

leopard
17th April 2009, 04:19
I forgot where did I copy the calendar from, it said this weekend is GP Bahrain while Chine will be on 18 October. :confused:

F1boat
17th April 2009, 05:02
Hamilton P1. That's interesting...

Triumph
17th April 2009, 06:31
Excellent news! Lewis first and Jenson second. Either way round is fine by me :-)

555-04Q2
17th April 2009, 06:32

Indeed. Heard about it on the radio while on my way to work. I thought I misheard the DJ, but he was right :s hock:

Ranger
17th April 2009, 06:39

Lewis is running with McLaren's interim double-diffuser.

What is interesting is that Kovalainen is 4th without it, so the pace must have come from the new front wing or something we don't know about.

harvick#1
17th April 2009, 06:40
interesting why Lewis got the new Diffuser while Heikki didn't, that sure is unfair :p oh but there is no #1 driver for Mclaren

ioan
17th April 2009, 07:00
interesting why Lewis got the new Diffuser while Heikki didn't, that sure is unfair :p oh but there is no #1 driver for Mclaren

Well, now that Ronnie boy finally stepped down maybe they will be able to acknowledge that they were hypocrites when claiming their drivers receive equal treatment. ;)

christophulus
17th April 2009, 07:22

If you only have one new diffuser why give it to the guy who's retired on the first lap of the past two grands prix? :p

F1boat
17th April 2009, 08:05

Is this true, really? That's not nice :(

AndyL
17th April 2009, 08:13
Given that there's no opportunity to test parts on track outside of the race weekends now, it would seem to make sense to run an experimental part on only one car, for comparison purposes.

ArrowsFA1
17th April 2009, 08:26
Given that there's no opportunity to test parts on track outside of the race weekends now, it would seem to make sense to run an experimental part on only one car, for comparison purposes.
Oh, why go and spoil the fun with perfectly reasonable logic :crazy: :p

Whether the revised diffuser is entirely responsible for McLaren's pace or not, and Heikki being just 0.3s behind suggests maybe not, it's good to see the WDC back at the sharp end, although this is only the first session of the weekend.

Watching 2nd practice it looks like things are a little more back to 'normal' with Brawn, Williams, Red Bull and Toyota being right on the pace. Ferrari and Renault seem to be struggling again with McLaren back in the pack too.

AndyL
17th April 2009, 08:26
I noticed in P2 that Trulli managed to do a run of around 12 laps on the soft tyres with times mostly in the low 1:36s, just falling off into the 1:37s in the last lap or two. So it does seem possible to make a decent run on the super-softs.
On the other hand there were some pretty shabby looking tyres coming off some other cars after shorter runs.

AndyL
17th April 2009, 08:31
Oh, why go and spoil the fun with perfectly reasonable logic :crazy: :p

I can only apologise...
Dave Ryan told me to say it ;)

CaptainRaiden
17th April 2009, 08:48
I think it's gonna be REALLY difficult to beat the Brawn GP cars this season, diffuser or no diffuser.

And can Ferrari still bolt their KERS on before tomorrow's qualifying or if they've declared it once before the GP, they can't change their mind? Things are beginning to look quite desperate in the scarlet camp.

ioan
17th April 2009, 08:51
And can Ferrari still bolt their KERS on before tomorrow's qualifying or if they've declared it once before the GP, they can't change their mind? Things are beginning to look quite desperate in the scarlet camp.

Yeah they can use KERS tomorrow, they can even change engines between FP2 and FP3.

F1boat
17th April 2009, 09:15
Yeah they can use KERS tomorrow, they can even change engines between FP2 and FP3.

Does this count for the total amount of allowed engines per season? (sorry for my messy English).

ioan
17th April 2009, 09:17
Does this count for the total amount of allowed engines per season? (sorry for my messy English).

I don't really understand the question.

F1boat
17th April 2009, 09:19
Sorry. From what I know teams can use several engines per year (I don't know how many). If they change it in FP, they lose one of this engines, right?

ioan
17th April 2009, 09:34
Sorry. From what I know teams can use several engines per year (I don't know how many). If they change it in FP, they lose one of this engines, right?

No, they can put it back on as many times as they wish.

Valve Bounce
17th April 2009, 10:47

They flipped a coin - Lewis lost.

jens
17th April 2009, 17:13
I noticed in P2 that Trulli managed to do a run of around 12 laps on the soft tyres with times mostly in the low 1:36s, just falling off into the 1:37s in the last lap or two. So it does seem possible to make a decent run on the super-softs.

Already winter testing and Australian GP indicated that TF109 is one of the most tyre-conserving cars, so the use of 'vastly-deteriorating' supersofts in China can only be good news for Toyota. :p :

superocean
18th April 2009, 00:50
Already winter testing and Australian GP indicated that TF109 is one of the most tyre-conserving cars, so the use of 'vastly-deteriorating' supersofts in China can only be good news for Toyota. :p :

Does this mean a possible Toyota win? that's be interesting.

jens
18th April 2009, 06:17

I reckon Brawn GP will be extremely hard to beat in all conditions, but we'll see.

F1boat
18th April 2009, 06:24
I reckon Brawn GP will be extremely hard to beat in all conditions, but we'll see.

I think so, too, but let's not forget that in the beginning of 1998 McLaren-Mercedes enjoyed enormous advantage, Brawn GP has nothing, compared to the mammoth victories of one lap (Oz) and one minute (Brazil) of Macca then, but Shu won the 3rd round, the Argentinian Grand Prix. That's racing and anything can happen.

christophulus
18th April 2009, 07:56
Hands up who predicted that then? Vettel, Alonso, Webber top three. :)

F1boat
18th April 2009, 07:57
Very, very interesting. I think that this is going to be an amazing championship!

ioan
18th April 2009, 07:58
Hands up who predicted that then? Vettel, Alonso, Webber top three. :)

The RBR's I would have tipped but Alonso no way.

Looks like the intermediary DD diffuser from Renault isn't that bad.

Koz
18th April 2009, 07:59
And another shocker... I reckon he's running too light on the fuel.

ioan
18th April 2009, 07:59

Don't think so.

ioan
18th April 2009, 08:00
I reckon Alonso will lead the field into turn 1 tomorrow.

christophulus
18th April 2009, 08:01
Pos Driver Team Q1 Q2 Q3 Laps
1. Vettel Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:36.565 1:35.130 1:36.184 11
2. Alonso Renault (B) 1:36.443 1:35.803 1:36.381 21
3. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:35.751 1:35.173 1:36.466 19
4. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1:35.701 1:35.503 1:36.493 21
5. Button Brawn-Mercedes (B) 1:35.533 1:35.556 1:36.532 19
6. Trulli Toyota (B) 1:36.308 1:35.645 1:36.835 21
7. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:35.941 1:35.809 1:37.397 23
8. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) 1:36.137 1:35.856 1:38.089 19
9. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:35.776 1:35.740 1:38.595 17
10. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:36.284 1:35.965 1:39.321 21
11. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber (B) 1:36.525 1:35.975 14
12. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:36.646 1:36.032 10
13. Massa Ferrari (B) 1:36.178 1:36.033 11
14. Glock Toyota (B) 1:36.364 1:36.066 14
15. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) 1:36.673 1:36.193 13
16. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:36.906 10
17. Piquet Renault (B) 1:36.908 10
18. Kubica BMW-Sauber (B) 1:36.966 8
19. Sutil Force India-Mercedes (B) 1:37.669 10
20. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes (B) 1:37.672 10

Koz
18th April 2009, 08:02
I wouldn't bet against it.

Shame again for Massa though.

christophulus
18th April 2009, 08:06
The TV footage showed Kovalainen being blocked by a car (maybe a Red Bull) in Q2. We'll see if anything comes of that.

Tumbo
18th April 2009, 08:07
looking forward to seeing the weights wouldn't be surprised if that Renault was running light - Vettel conserving tyres played well into his hands

Sonic
18th April 2009, 08:12
Mark looks a wee bit cheesed off in the press conference. Does that suggest Vettel is heavier on fuel and he knows he should have beat him?

Tazio
18th April 2009, 08:17
looking forward to seeing the weights wouldn't be surprised if that Renault was running light - Vettel conserving tyres played well into his handsIn the postrace he said it was due to an engine issue :eek:

Koz
18th April 2009, 08:17
Mark looks a wee bit cheesed off in the press conference. Does that suggest Vettel is heavier on fuel and he knows he should have beat him?

Noticed that too. Didn't look happy at all when Vettle talked after him.

DexDexter
18th April 2009, 08:19
Well, now that Ronnie boy finally stepped down maybe they will be able to acknowledge that they were hypocrites when claiming their drivers receive equal treatment. ;)

Just listened to Heikki's interview, he said he had the old front wing and Hamilton had the new one. Sounded quite depressed :(

Tazio
18th April 2009, 08:20
Mark looks a wee bit cheesed off in the press conference. Does that suggest Vettel is heavier on fuel and he knows he should have beat him?I think it might be because he was .2 slower than Fred and Seb! in the last sector!

UltimateDanGTR
18th April 2009, 08:22
The TV footage showed Kovalainen being blocked by a car (maybe a Red Bull) in Q2. We'll see if anything comes of that.

Yes Im a little concerned about what I saw there. could be a potential penalty for red bull, but then again if I were mclaren i wouldnt appeal as mclaren arent the most popular guys in the paddock at the moment, plus it wasnt like kovalainen was going to go very fast as well n my view

F1boat
18th April 2009, 08:23
A Brawn GP car also blocked Lewis IMO.

aryan
18th April 2009, 08:24

Yeah, I'm sure one of the Red Bulls is in for a penalty. Didn't see which one though.

donKey jote
18th April 2009, 08:25
The RBR's I would have tipped but Alonso no way.

Looks like the intermediary DD diffuser from Renault isn't that bad.

well they have been working on it since Feb 2007 :p
:laugh:

ioan
18th April 2009, 08:26
Shame again for Massa though.

For whatever reason the pace was not there.

aryan
18th April 2009, 08:26
plus it wasnt like kovalainen was going to go very fast as well n my view

Why not? He ended up 12th with his ruined lap. Surely he would have gotten into Q3 if he had had a clean lap?

ioan
18th April 2009, 08:27

Yeah but didn't work on it since Spring 2008 when Charlie told them it's illegal.

F1boat
I am anxious to see the weight of the cars.

Tazio

Fred :confused: :laugh: :s mokin:

UltimateDanGTR
18th April 2009, 08:30
Why not? He ended up 12th with his ruined lap. Surely he would have gotten into Q3 if he had had a clean lap?

well say he had got into Q3, he would have probably only of been 9th-10th anway, so he wouldnt have been much further up the grid. having said that, I know grid places are still important, but its not going to ruin Heikki's race strategy. mind you, if a couple of cars get penaltys he will be near where he probably would have started anyway.

christophulus
18th April 2009, 08:32
Yes Im a little concerned about what I saw there. could be a potential penalty for red bull, but then again if I were mclaren i wouldnt appeal as mclaren arent the most popular guys in the paddock at the moment, plus it wasnt like kovalainen was going to go very fast as well n my view

Vettel apparently. It'd be a shame to be penalised but if he blocked, he blocked.

The fuel loads later should make for interesting reading anyway.

ioan
18th April 2009, 08:33
A Brawn GP car also blocked Lewis IMO.

Nah, it can't be. BrawnGP are angels, they can not do anything bad.

DexDexter
18th April 2009, 08:33
well say he had got into Q3, he would have probably only of been 9th-10th anway, so he wouldnt have been much further up the grid. having said that, I know grid places are still important, but its not going to ruin Heikki's race strategy. mind you, if a couple of cars get penaltys he will be near where he probably would have started anyway.

He didn't say anything about blocking in an interview on Finnish TV, so I don't know. Three tents of Hamilton is not bad considering he didn't have all the new parts.

F1boat
18th April 2009, 08:34
Vettel apparently. It'd be a shame to be penalised but if he blocked, he blocked.

The fuel loads later should make for interesting reading anyway.

If Vettel and Button blocked other drivers, there should be a penalty. I saw a Red Bull ruining a McLaren lap and a Brawn as well. This is not good.

christophulus
18th April 2009, 08:41
He didn't say anything about blocking in an interview on Finnish TV, so I don't know. Three tents of Hamilton is not bad considering he didn't have all the new parts.

If McLaren appeal and are successful it won't help them anyway. The penalty would be a five place grid drop which wouldn't change their starting positions.

Tazio
18th April 2009, 08:43
I just re-watched the Post race interview SV said his mechanics will be busy working on his car.
This is not a good omen. He must be a car breaker like Kimi :)

ioan
18th April 2009, 08:47
If Vettel and Button blocked other drivers, there should be a penalty. I saw a Red Bull ruining a McLaren lap and a Brawn as well. This is not good.

Let's wait for the teams to take action, if action is needed, before jumping to conclusions.

ioan
18th April 2009, 08:49
I just re-watched the Post race interview SV said his mechanics will be busy working on his car.
This is not a good omen. He must be a car breaker like Kimi :)

It's just that the Newey designed cars are fragile, exactly as it was when Kimi was driving for McLaren.

christophulus
18th April 2009, 08:53
It's just that the Newey designed cars are fragile, exactly as it was when Kimi was driving for McLaren.

Vettel only did one run in Q2 and Q3 so there's probably something on the car they're worried about.

F1boat
18th April 2009, 08:56
ioan is right. Newey is great, but his cars, although very fast, are fragile. I will be surprised if they last the distance tomorrow.
BTW, this is the first time when Renault-powered cars occupy the top 3 since 1997, right?

Tazio
18th April 2009, 09:14
ioan is right. Newey is great, but his cars, although very fast, are fragile. I will be surprised if they last the distance tomorrow.
BTW, this is the first time when Renault-powered cars occupy the top 3 since 1997, right?Renault Power Baby!!

Dave B
18th April 2009, 09:16
Let's wait for the teams to take action, if action is needed, before jumping to conclusions.
That'll make a change around here! :p

ozrevhead
18th April 2009, 09:46
that i disagree with - grid places are always important he may of been 2 places down but what if those two who are ahead are filled to the brim and you cant get a good start......race over

RBR 1st and 3rd is fan~freeking~tastic :D :D :D :D but when you break the rules you cop the punishment...simple!

jens
18th April 2009, 10:09
Alonso was nowhere for the whole qualifying until the very last flier, so I'd be surprised if he wasn't lightest of all.

McLaren's progress has been seriously impressive. Hamilton was 2nd in Q1 and 4th in Q2 - so he must be with heavier fuel load than anyone else in Q3.

Red Bull - very, very impressive. Vettel's qualiresults have been brilliant so far in 2009: 3/3/1. Hopefully he'll add a proper race result to it tomorrow too. And Seb seems to handle pressure nicely as well - it isn't easy to drive your only lap on the last minute of a session.

Buemi. :up: :up: Bourdais better improve or 2009 is going to be his last year in F1. Glock was a major disappointment.

Tazio
18th April 2009, 10:16
The incident in which Sebastian Vettel – on an in-lap in the Red Bull – visibly blocked Heikki Kovalainen’s McLaren which was on a hot lap has raised questions across the many F1 bulletin boards and forums.

http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/article/1240044933/formula_one/F1headlines/Penalty-for-Vettel/view.html

See what you guys started :p :

Tazio
18th April 2009, 10:19
Alonso was nowhere for the whole qualifying until the very last flier, so I'd be surprised if he wasn't lightest of all.

Fred was just getting used to his DDDDeal with it :laugh:

Dave B
18th April 2009, 10:56
Weights published here:
http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/f1_media/Documents/chn09_weights.pdf

Alonso comfortably lightest, Red Bulls fairly light. Heikki and Piquet heavy.

jens
18th April 2009, 10:58
Trulli is very-very impressive IMO. :up: Lost only by 6 tenths in Q3, yet is heavier than everyone in front of him and even Rosberg.

Alonso, as suspected, is lightest of all and will burn his soft tyres during the first short stint. If he gets stuck behind heavy slow cars after early stop, it could prove to be a difficult race for him...

Dave B
18th April 2009, 11:03
Let's see if I've got this right: the weights in order.

Driver Weight Difference
Alonso ... 637.0 ... 0.0
Vettel ... 644.0 ... 7.0
Webber ... 646.5 ... 9.5
Sutil ... 648.0 ... 11.0
Rosberg ... 650.5 ... 13.5
Glock ... 652.0 ... 15.0
Kubica ... 659.0 ... 22.0
Button ... 659.0 ... 22.0
Barrichello ... 661.0 ... 24.0
Trulli ... 664.5 ... 27.5
Buemi ... 673.0 ... 36.0
Raikkonen ... 673.5 ... 36.5
Hamilton ... 679.0 ... 42.0
Heidfeld ... 679.0 ... 42.0
Fisichella ... 679.5 ... 42.5
Nakajima ... 682.7 ... 45.7
Massa ... 690.0 ... 53.0
Bordais ... 690.0 ... 53.0
Kovalainen ... 697.0 ... 60.0
Piquet ... 697.9 ... 60.9

christophulus
18th April 2009, 11:08
Brawn still looking strong for the race then, Vettel is actually 2.5kg lighter than Webber according to the FIA printout though.

Dave B
18th April 2009, 11:11
Brawn still looking strong for the race then, Vettel is actually 2.5kg lighter than Webber according to the FIA printout though.
Well spotted, I typed my spreadsheet far too quickly. Duly amended :)

christophulus
18th April 2009, 11:13
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/04/18/chinese-gp-fuel-weights-and-strategies/

Prediction on the length of the first stint.

ioan
18th April 2009, 11:20
Alonso, as suspected, is lightest of all and will burn his soft tyres during the first short stint. If he gets stuck behind heavy slow cars after early stop, it could prove to be a difficult race for him...

Alonso and the RBR's are doing the right thing, start on soft tires with fuel for 10-15 laps (the tires won't last more on any car out there) and than go the last 2 stints with the better suited harder tires.

Those who start with plenty of fuel on board will have to stop twice two, unless it rains.

F1boat
18th April 2009, 11:26
So Alonso and Red Bull did it for glory as well. We'll see whether it was worth it tomorrow.

ioan
18th April 2009, 11:32
So Alonso and Red Bull did it for glory as well.

No, they didn't. They did it because of their strategy.
What use is there having fuel for 20+ laps on board if the tires will need to be changed after 10 laps???

What they did it makes 100% sense, still people come and say they did it for the glory! :rolleyes:

Valve Bounce
18th April 2009, 11:42
Alonso and the RBR's are doing the right thing, start on soft tires with fuel for 10-15 laps (the tires won't last more on any car out there) and than go the last 2 stints with the better suited harder tires.

Those who start with plenty of fuel on board will have to stop twice two, unless it rains.

This is all creating a very interesting scenario for the race. Of course, those with a heavier load can come in later for a lightning pitstop with a much smaller amount of refuelling, then blast out on those chewing gum tyres. This creates a great reliance on a very wily team manager, and there is none other more fox wise than the old Ferrari magician: Brawn.

Yes! this will be a very interesting race with more twists and turns than the course suggests. I am still tipping bunsen for a win.

Sonic
18th April 2009, 11:43
Good lap from rubens! Heavier than button but ahead, just needs a good start and bosh

jens
18th April 2009, 11:48

The success of this strategy will depend on where exactly will the Top3 drop behind first stops and whether they get stuck behind someone or not. Also the question is that how durable will the soft tyres be. If the wear dramatically off already after the first five (!) laps, then surely Alonso will be among backmarkers and the race is ruined, because he can't get the benefit of running superior tyres either.

Valve Bounce
18th April 2009, 11:51
This begs the interesting question: "How many fast laps are the soft tyres good for?"

jens
18th April 2009, 11:53
This begs the interesting question: "How many fast laps are the soft tyres good for?"

Depends on the car. For TF109 - 10+ laps. :p :

christophulus
18th April 2009, 11:59
60% chance of rain during the race tomorrow. No torrential storms predicted thankfully :)

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/58362.html

Sonic
18th April 2009, 12:37
If it does rain that setup on the McLaren is gonna be a handful.

18th April 2009, 12:57
Fernando is light.

Pos. Driver Car weight
1. Vettel 644.0kg
2. Alonso 637.0kg
3. Webber 646.5kg
4. Barichello 661.0kg
5. Button 659.0kg
6. Trulli 664.5kg
7. Rosberg 650.5kg
8. Raikkonen 673.5kg
9. Hamilton 679.0kg
10. Buemi 673.0kg
11. Heidfeld 679.0kg
12. Kovalainen 697.0kg
13. Massa 690.0kg
14. Glock 652.0kg
15. Nakajima 682.7kg
16. Bourdais 690.0kg
17. Piquet 697.9kg
18. Kubica 659.0kg
19. Sutil 648.0kg
20. Fisichella 679.5kg

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74595

The Brawns have more fuel than those around them....Massa loaded to the gunnels.

Daika
18th April 2009, 12:57
Does this race starts at 14.00 local time?

F1boat
18th April 2009, 12:59
Very, very interesting. Can't wait for tomorrow. I love F1, when its cool and without "appeals" :)

ozrevhead
18th April 2009, 13:16
Very, very interesting. Can't wait for tomorrow. I love F1, when its cool and without "appeals" :) exaclty! BRING IT ON!

I Dont think I have been more excited before a race ever!

Please F1 Gods - play nice with Mark!

F1boat
18th April 2009, 13:29
exaclty! BRING IT ON!

I Dont think I have been more excited before a race ever!

Please F1 Gods - play nice with Mark!

oz, I want Jenson to win, but if Mark wins, for your sake, I will be very, very happy and Mark deserves a break :) Best luck to Webbo tomorrow!!!

ioan
18th April 2009, 14:07
This is all creating a very interesting scenario for the race. Of course, those with a heavier load can come in later for a lightning pitstop with a much smaller amount of refuelling, then blast out on those chewing gum tyres.

Running the last stint on the super soft tires is OK if you only have less than 10 laps to go, otherwise it will cost either a couple of seconds per lap or another pit stop as soon as the performance is gone which is catastrophic at least.

Using super softs on the first or 2nd stint (out of 3) gives you the chance to stop as soon as the tires are done without risking a supplementary stop or losing huge amounts of time while struggling.

ioan
18th April 2009, 14:10
The success of this strategy will depend on where exactly will the Top3 drop behind first stops and whether they get stuck behind someone or not. Also the question is that how durable will the soft tyres be. If the wear dramatically off already after the first five (!) laps, then surely Alonso will be among backmarkers and the race is ruined, because he can't get the benefit of running superior tyres either.

Given how close the laptimes were the loss will be similar even if you pit after 20 laps because the field is bunched up.
Being able to build a gap while running the super softs with a free track at the front is the way to go, no question about that.
Running the super softs in the middles of the pack is useless if you are stuck behind other cars,

ioan
18th April 2009, 14:13
Massa loaded to the gunnels.

Ferrari are hoping for rain around half way through the race, or a SC in the first half of it.

Let's hope he doesn't get stuck behind some slow cars (like Kovalainen).

ioan
18th April 2009, 14:14
Very, very interesting. Can't wait for tomorrow. I love F1, when its cool and without "appeals" :)

Are you related to Lewy or something?! :p :

Valve Bounce
18th April 2009, 14:21
Given how close the laptimes were the loss will be similar even if you pit after 20 laps because the field is bunched up.
Being able to build a gap while running the super softs with a free track at the front is the way to go, no question about that.
Running the super softs in the middles of the pack is useless if you are stuck behind other cars,

This is risky on the first stint. (It could also pay handsomely). If the guy gets away smoothly and leads, he's gone!! If he has a so so start and is stuck behind a couple of cars, tries to pass and his tyres go off following in the turbulance behind them, he's a dead duck. Then, of course, if passing is possible, then he is OK.

Soft tyres on the second stint means a very short pitstop (except when Ferrari buggers up the fuel nozzle), and the guy can actually leap frog a couple of cars, blast away in the lead, etc.

So many ifs - it will be very interesting to see the strategy. I'm sticking with Brawn for the best strategy.

veeten
18th April 2009, 14:36
So many ifs - it will be very interesting to see the strategy. I'm sticking with Brawn for the best strategy.

"The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet."

Dave B
18th April 2009, 14:55
Fernando is light.

I posted all that a page ago. Can't you read? :p ;)

CaptainRaiden
18th April 2009, 15:06
I was surprised by Buemi outqualifying the factory Ferrari car of Massa. Did Massa have a problem or is Buemi that damn good?

I think either of the Brawn GP cars have a good shot at winning.

Sonic
18th April 2009, 15:07
Massa said he just made a mistake. Both Ferrari drivers seem totally frak'd off about not having KERS - Massa claimed it would have given them 5 tenths.

jens
18th April 2009, 15:39
I was surprised by Buemi outqualifying the factory Ferrari car of Massa. Did Massa have a problem or is Buemi that damn good?

I think the answer is that Red Bull is damn good and it certainly helps STR too. Wonder if performance-wise STR can get close to RBR later in the season again?

UltimateDanGTR
18th April 2009, 15:51
Im a button fan but i dont want him to win tomorrow for the closeness of the championships sake. let Mark win! or Rosberg!

But the brawnss are running heavier and the beeb worked out who was actually fasest regardless of fuels and this is what it looks like:

1 Barrichello (lap 16)
2 Button (lap 15)
3 Trulli (lap 16)
4 Vettel (lap 10)
5 Webber (lap 11)
6 Alonso (lap 8/9)
7 Raikkonen (lap 19)
8 Rosberg (lap 12)
9 Hamilton (lap 20)
10 Buemi (lap 19)

so the brawns were actually fastest, so I would expect another Brawn win.

Sonic
18th April 2009, 16:00
let Mark win! or Rosberg!

Agreed. But looking at the fuel levels its going to need a change in track conditions to give Nico a shot and Mark needs some good damn luck! Where's Johnny Herbert when you need him???

UltimateDanGTR
18th April 2009, 16:06
Agreed. But looking at the fuel levels its going to need a change in track conditions to give Nico a shot and Mark needs some good damn luck! Where's Johnny Herbert when you need him???

yes its gotta rain. my perfect scenario:

rain in the last 10 laps.
some stay out for drys, others pit for wets. then the rain stops, the track dries, Rosberg and others stop again for dries, get a massive advantage in speed as alot of the cars struggle with wet tyres on a drying track, and Rosberg storms to victory on the last lap! unless rosberg spins and Webber wins in amazing and flamboyant style (spinnign across the line or something-yes, Brambilla style!) and in either case ill be ecstatic!

Sonic
18th April 2009, 16:14
You don't want much do you :D LOL

I'd take some solid points for Nico and Markie and I'll be well happy.

ioan
18th April 2009, 16:26
yes its gotta rain. my perfect scenario:

rain in the last 10 laps.
some stay out for drys, others pit for wets. then the rain stops, the track dries, Rosberg and others stop again for dries, get a massive advantage in speed as alot of the cars struggle with wet tyres on a drying track, and Rosberg storms to victory on the last lap! unless rosberg spins and Webber wins in amazing and flamboyant style (spinnign across the line or something-yes, Brambilla style!) and in either case ill be ecstatic!

I thought that those who stayed out on dries would win by a mile while Rosberg will finish 9th! :D

aryan
18th April 2009, 16:36
that i disagree with - grid places are always important he may of been 2 places down

May have been...

May have been...

Sorry oz, you are a nice girl and I don't want to be a grammar Nazi, but as a non-native speaker I can say that it confuses the hell out of non-native speakers when they see something like this, look at their grammar book and see that it should be something else, and then wonder which one to follow.

DexDexter
18th April 2009, 16:44
Running the last stint on the super soft tires is OK if you only have less than 10 laps to go, otherwise it will cost either a couple of seconds per lap or another pit stop as soon as the performance is gone which is catastrophic at least.

Using super softs on the first or 2nd stint (out of 3) gives you the chance to stop as soon as the tires are done without risking a supplementary stop or losing huge amounts of time while struggling.

The super soft tires would be ok for less than 10 laps if they were new. That's not the case with Räikkönen's Ferrari. According to Finnish press reports Kimi had an argument with the engineers because he didn't want to use all the soft tires they had, but now they have no new soft tires, every soft tire they have has done at least 3 laps. Doesn't look good...

ioan
18th April 2009, 17:45
The super soft tires would be ok for less than 10 laps if they were new. That's not the case with Räikkönen's Ferrari. According to Finnish press reports Kimi had an argument with the engineers because he didn't want to use all the soft tires they had, but now they have no new soft tires, every soft tire they have has done at least 3 laps. Doesn't look good...

Thanks for the info.
I was wondering about this, today given that the Ferrari drivers seemed to always use fresh soft rubber for their qualifying stints.

We can only hope that there will be some rain right after the top guys have their pit stops and just before the Ferrari drivers have to do theirs. Otherwise the situation looks point-less!

Kimi and Felipe need to start kicking the engineers butt if they are to wake them up.

UltimateDanGTR
18th April 2009, 17:49
I thought that those who stayed out on dries would win by a mile while Rosberg will finish 9th! :D

not on this occasion. in my mind............. :D

Sonic
18th April 2009, 17:51
It seems Ferrari engineers over reacted to failing to get out of Q1 last race and have now gone way overboard to get into Q3. I doubt Shumi would have let the team force him to use a set of boots if he didn't want to. Kimi's gonna have to hope for rain at some point so he doesn't have to run both compounds.

F1boat
18th April 2009, 20:03
I want Jense to win tomorrow, but I will be happy for Fernando, Nico or MW as well.

Koz
18th April 2009, 22:35
Kimi and Felipe are on the softs?
Makes sense if it ends up raining.

Anyone have a list of drivers and tyres?

DexDexter
18th April 2009, 22:45
Kimi and Felipe are on the softs?
Makes sense if it ends up raining.

Anyone have a list of drivers and tyres?

Everybody's on the softs at some point of the race.

Koz
18th April 2009, 23:09
Everybody's on the softs at some point of the race.

But does it make sense when they are fueled so heavily?

Edit: I mean, snice everyone thinks the tyres won't hold up that long.

ioan
18th April 2009, 23:13
But does it make sense when they are fueled so heavily?

Edit: I mean, snice everyone thinks the tyres won't hold up that long.

Where does it say they start on soft tires?

Tazio
18th April 2009, 23:17
Fred, Seb, and Mark are the only ones starting on softs!
I think you can take that to the bank!

Triumph
18th April 2009, 23:26
Do you think that the Brawn qualifying positions are indicative of the other teams catching up, or are Brawn optimizing their race set-up and aren't too worried about how things will pan out?

aryan
18th April 2009, 23:59
Do you think that the Brawn qualifying positions are indicative of the other teams catching up, or are Brawn optimizing their race set-up and aren't too worried about how things will pan out?

What catching up?

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 644kg
2. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 637kg
3. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 646.5kg
4. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 661kg
5. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 659kg

I don't see no catching up.

The top 3 are 15-20 kg lighter than the Brawns. That's around 9-10 laps less fuel.

Tazio
19th April 2009, 00:06
What catching up?

1. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 644kg
2. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 637kg
3. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 646.5kg
4. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 661kg
5. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 659kg

I don't see no catching up.

The top 3 are 15-20 kg lighter than the Brawns. That's around 9-10 laps less fuel.

More like 5-8! But I agree The Brawns are in very good position, and are still fastest!
They just need to stay out of trouble!

1 Barrichello (lap 16)
2 Button (lap 15)
3 Trulli (lap 16)
4 Vettel (lap 10)
5 Webber (lap 11)
6 Alonso (lap 8/9)

aryan
19th April 2009, 00:42
1 Barrichello (lap 16)
2 Button (lap 15)
3 Trulli (lap 16)
4 Vettel (lap 10)
5 Webber (lap 11)
6 Alonso (lap 8/9)

Each lap of the Chinese GP uses 2.6 kg of fuel. Using that, I'd calculate the pitstops as following:

1) Alonso: lap 9
2) Vettel: lap 12
3) Webber: lap 13
4) Button: lap 18
5) Barichello: lap 19

I believe the top 3 will run away initially on the super softs, while the Brawns will have difficulty putting heat into their tyres. But, if they have a reasonable start (which is doubtful) and can stay clear of midfield first corner chaos, then the Brawns have a very good chance of a 1-2 here.

Tazio
19th April 2009, 01:01
Each lap of the Chinese GP uses 2.6 kg of fuel. Using that, I'd calculate the pitstops as following:

1) Alonso: lap 9
2) Vettel: lap 12
3) Webber: lap 13
4) Button: lap 18
5) Barichello: lap 19

I believe the top 3 will run away initially on the super softs, while the Brawns will have difficulty putting heat into their tyres. But, if they have a reasonable start (which is doubtful) and can stay clear of midfield first corner chaos, then the Brawns have a very good chance of a 1-2 here.
You are correct. The Beeb got it wrong. I agree with your analysis.
But Trulli needs to be considered into the equation as he is one lap heavier than Rubens!

aryan
19th April 2009, 01:52
You are correct. The Beeb got it wrong. I agree with your analysis.
But Trulli needs to be considered into the equation as he is one lap heavier than Rubens!

Correct!

According to James Allen, each 1kg of fuel is worth 0.035 sec around this track.

As such, if we take out the fuel of all the top 10 cars, this is their true speed in quali 3:

BAR: 1:35.653
BUT: 1:35.762
TRU: 1:35.872
VET: 1:35.939
WEB: 1:36.133
ALO: 1:36.381
RAI: 1:36.829
ROS: 1:36.942
HAM: 1:37.125
BUE: 1:38.061

Tazio
19th April 2009, 06:01
Current conditions in Shanghai;
light rain :eek:

veeten
19th April 2009, 07:25
picked up a bit... and everyone on full wets for the start.

christophulus
19th April 2009, 07:51
Starting behind the safety car

skm
19th April 2009, 07:54
So much for the F1 website saying 'rain expected to clear' prior to race.

Koz
19th April 2009, 07:54
This is very bad for Alonso and the red bulls, they could end up at the end before the SC is even gone!

Money's on Kimi and Rubens now.

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 08:12
Following the safety car is doing nothing to heat up those tyres and brakes :dozey:

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:13
This is crap. They should let them go. The cars will clear the water off the track

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:14
yay! Sc in at the end of this lap

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 08:16
Here we go!!

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:21
Lewis going off the road to pass?

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:24
Lewis with a problem?

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 08:25
Buemi for the win!!! Blinding stuff by the rookie!!

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:25
Fantastic driving from Buemi!

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 08:34
Hamilton seems just to want to race Raikkonen all day :p

AndySpeed
19th April 2009, 08:34
They don't seem to be clearing as much water as anticipated...

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:36
:p but we're racing and it's safe :) and Kubica has screwed Jarno's race

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 08:37
That could easily have been more serious that it was :eek:

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:37
S/C out because of Kubica's inability to drive........

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:38
Buemi's rear wing damaged.

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:40
Wait it looks like debris.

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 08:42
Shouldn't the Ferrari's be pitting? And Hamilton. They're all going to lose out if they don't surely?

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:42
No. That would make too much sense

christophulus
19th April 2009, 08:43
Massa stops on track :S

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 08:44
Out of fuel :confused:

christophulus
19th April 2009, 08:45
Looks mechanical.

ioan
19th April 2009, 08:45
FGS Ferrari, what the F is going on this season?!

ioan
19th April 2009, 08:46
Looks mechanical.

Rather electronics IMO.

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:46
SC in this lap

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:49
Vettel is flying!

Daniel
19th April 2009, 08:58
and Nelson is flying off the track

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 09:05
Those Red Bull wings look quicker than a plain white Virgin today :p :

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 09:17
A lot of green numbers on the timing screens. Looks like it may be drying up a little.

christophulus
19th April 2009, 09:46
Real shame for Sutil :(

ioan
19th April 2009, 09:52
Well done Vettel!
Where's the "curbstone"?!

ioan
19th April 2009, 09:53
Also poor showing by the pensioner, almost beaten by Lewy's lap dog.

christophulus
19th April 2009, 09:53
McLaren get in the points too with Kovalainen ahead of Hamilton. And another point for Buemi :up:

gloomyDAY
19th April 2009, 09:59
I'm glad to see Webber on the podium again.

Happy to see Vettel in P1. Put my money where my mouth is and had him in P1 for my pick ems!

ArrowsFA1
19th April 2009, 10:00
First time winners all the way in 2009 :cool: Congratulations to Red Bull :up: It would have been nice to see Webber take the team's first win, but Vettel is class. Great drive :up:

Brawn must be a little disappointed, but still...another podium for Button. Not sure why Rubens was comparatively slow. McLaren did well to pick up points although Hamilton should have been further up but for all those spins!

Good drives by Glock, Buemi and Sutil who should have been in the points.

As for Ferrari and Piquet...what next? :dozey:

ozrevhead
19th April 2009, 11:18
I was getting wound up in the chat for a second or two (or three or four) I was panicing as I was so sure somthing was going to happen to Mark's car

Great result - now lets get on that top step!

Ari
20th April 2009, 06:49
I was getting wound up in the chat for a second or two (or three or four) I was panicing as I was so sure somthing was going to happen to Mark's car

Great result - now lets get on that top step!

I was exactly the same! Sweating like crazy at the end. People were talking to me during the ads on 10 One and I was like "just shut up" and they're "oh but it's the ads" to which i was "yes, but im on live timing and need to think... no talking!!" lol

That next step is oh so close! Monaco I reckon!! :D