PDA

View Full Version : 'Rubens could be the biggest loser in liargate'

Charlie
13th April 2009, 15:06
Rubens Barrichello could be the biggest loser should McLaren be banned by the WMSC, as there's speculation in the British media that Lewis Hamilton could then take his race-seat.

McLaren face possible expulsion, or suspension, from Formula One after the World Motor Sport Council charged them with bringing the sport into disrepute for the second time in just 19 months.

And should that happen the team could lose star driver and defending World Champion Hamilton as the 24-year-old and his father/manager Anthony are believed to have lost faith in McLaren's senior management after the Brit was instructed to mislead the race stewards in Australia.

This, though, poses the question of where Hamilton could go if he walks away from Woking with Brawn GP being touted as his best option.

"Lewis' future hangs on what happens to McLaren at the World Motor Sport Council hearing. If McLaren are kicked out of the Constructors' Championship at least Lewis can still race as he did in 2007 when the team were booted out over the Ferrari spying scandal," a senior F1 source told The News Of The World.

"But if McLaren are banned from several races, which could very well happen, then that would give Lewis's father and manager, Anthony, the excuse to pull him out of there.

"The only question mark is where he could go at short notice. Brawn GP is the one team that has been mentioned and the fact that they also use Mercedes engines is key.

"There is no question of Button being released as he is leading the Championship, but his team-mate Rubens Barrichello could be paid off quite easily."

Sir Jackie Stewart, though, has warned Brawn GP against signing Hamilton, stating that the team's lack of running in pre-season testing means they are in need of someone with Barrichello's knowledge to help them during race weekends.

"Is Ross Brawn seriously going to take Lewis on instead of Barrichello?" Stewart

"Rubens is very experienced in the setting up of the car, Lewis is not. And Ross needs that knowledge right now because of the ban on in-season testing."

Rubens Barrichello could be the biggest loser should McLaren be banned by the WMSC, as there's speculation in the British media that Lewis Hamilton could then take his race-seat.

McLaren face possible expulsion, or suspension, from Formula One after the World Motor Sport Council charged them with bringing the sport into disrepute for the second time in just 19 months.

And should that happen the team could lose star driver and defending World Champion Hamilton as the 24-year-old and his father/manager Anthony are believed to have lost faith in McLaren's senior management after the Brit was instructed to mislead the race stewards in Australia.

This, though, poses the question of where Hamilton could go if he walks away from Woking with Brawn GP being touted as his best option.

"Lewis' future hangs on what happens to McLaren at the World Motor Sport Council hearing. If McLaren are kicked out of the Constructors' Championship at least Lewis can still race as he did in 2007 when the team were booted out over the Ferrari spying scandal," a senior F1 source told The News Of The World.

"But if McLaren are banned from several races, which could very well happen, then that would give Lewis's father and manager, Anthony, the excuse to pull him out of there.

"The only question mark is where he could go at short notice. Brawn GP is the one team that has been mentioned and the fact that they also use Mercedes engines is key.

"There is no question of Button being released as he is leading the Championship, but his team-mate Rubens Barrichello could be paid off quite easily."

Sir Jackie Stewart, though, has warned Brawn GP against signing Hamilton, stating that the team's lack of running in pre-season testing means they are in need of someone with Barrichello's knowledge to help them during race weekends.

"Is Ross Brawn seriously going to take Lewis on instead of Barrichello?" Stewart

"Rubens is very experienced in the setting up of the car, Lewis is not. And Ross needs that knowledge right now because of the ban on in-season testing."

http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5182869,00.html

I'd feel for Rubens if he got dropped. Can't see it happening though unless the Mercedes-Brawn deal becomes more like the Mclaren-Mercedes relationship. They pay for their engines anyway.

ioan
13th April 2009, 15:42
Don't care. Throw them out.

UltimateDanGTR
13th April 2009, 15:42
I think you've posted the same thing about 3 times.

but anyhow, I hope Mclaren dont recieve expulson. that would leave an 18 car grid, which is absoloutly unnacceptable.

Bruce Mclaren wouldnt of wanted his team o end up like this, its a shame.

13th April 2009, 15:48
"a senior F1 source told The News Of The World"

Seriously...that quote alone invalidates the idea.

And I wouldn't have thought the NOTW took calls from Ron anymore, considering how much the last one ended up costing them.

edv
13th April 2009, 17:02
Well it makes sense that Sir Jackie would support the driver who piloted the only real memorable drive for his old team.

Daniel
13th April 2009, 17:34
Load of BS. If McLaren get banned so will Lewis.

CNR
13th April 2009, 23:34
do not forget that this is the driver that got to f1 with McLaren not Mercedes
how sure is anybody that he has a Mercedes contract ?

force india with links to McLaren ?

PSfan
14th April 2009, 00:00
Well, after Rubens post race interview in Australia, I'm not sure if he really should be driving in the first place... come on a really hard hit from behind? watch the replay, doesn't even look like he was hit from behind at all, let alone a really hard "diffuser damaging" hit. When a driver can't distinguish between a hit from behind, and a hit from the side, its time to put him out to pastor...

Besides, now that Brawn has got their sponsorship deal in place for next year, with Rubens on a race to race contract, I wouldn't be suprised if he starts sharing the seat this year with his full time replacement for 2010...

Daniel
14th April 2009, 00:03
Well, after Rubens post race interview in Australia, I'm not sure if he really should be driving in the first place... come on a really hard hit from behind? watch the replay, doesn't even look like he was hit from behind at all, let alone a really hard "diffuser damaging" hit. When a driver can't distinguish between a hit from behind, and a hit from the side, its time to put him out to pastor...

Besides, now that Brawn has got their sponsorship deal in place for next year, with Rubens on a race to race contract, I wouldn't be suprised if he starts sharing the seat this year with his full time replacement for 2010...
Similarly when a viewer can't distinguish between a driver actually being hit from behind and supposedly being hit by the side then perhaps they shouldn't be watching in the first place :)

Valve Bounce
14th April 2009, 00:23
Let me know when it's reported in The Bild.

PSfan
14th April 2009, 00:46
Similarly when a viewer can't distinguish between a driver actually being hit from behind and supposedly being hit by the side then perhaps they shouldn't be watching in the first place :)

I at least have video replay to support my position...

Daniel
14th April 2009, 00:49
I at least have video replay to support my position...
Errrrr no you don't :) The replays clearly show Rubens taking a hit behind from Kovalainen.

PSfan
14th April 2009, 01:28
Well then, if you have a replay too, I advise you to take a closer look... And pay attention to when MW starts to turn in for the corner, and also look for the obvious wing damage that usually results in a hard hit from behind, especially a hit that would have damaged a cars diffuser (what no rear wing damage on Rubens car?!?! Impossible :p : )

Daniel
14th April 2009, 01:34
Well then, if you have a replay too, I advise you to take a closer look... And pay attention to when MW starts to turn in for the corner, and also look for the obvious wing damage that usually results in a hard hit from behind, especially a hit that would have damaged a cars diffuser (what no rear wing damage on Rubens car?!?! Impossible :p : )
Well documented evidence on the net if you care to look.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=australian+gp+first+corner+kovalainen+hit+barri chello

PSfan
14th April 2009, 01:54
Well documented evidence on the net if you care to look.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=australian+gp+first+corner+kovalainen+hit+barri chello

I have the race on dvd, I can hit slow-mo anytime I want, I don't need to read stories suggesting my eyes are lying to me.... I know what I am seeing... If my computers didn't have a problem with my lite-on create disk, I would be showing proof to back-up my opinion...

Daniel
14th April 2009, 08:08
So in effect you havee no proof?

big_sw2000
14th April 2009, 08:15
He was defently hit up the Arse by the McLaren :)

PSfan
14th April 2009, 08:16
So in effect you havee no proof?

you wish... it might me a pain, put I could easily re-record the race from my dvd to my pvr, and then re-record the race on a higher quality dvd-r and I should be able to then play on the computer with vlc allowing me easy access to screen caps... Guess I'll start the process now...

you have any proof besides google, and what people tell you what happened?

Daniel
14th April 2009, 08:21
Yes. I have a pvr recording which clearly shows Kovalainen hitting Rubens. Other people on the forum saw it too.

PSfan
14th April 2009, 09:12
Clearly eh? ok judging from Rubens on board, how far after the white line prior to the corner did the impact occur? I mean, if it was a hard enough hit to damage the deffuser, then some course correction on Rubens part would show up right? There is a view from the above shot that shows Rubens back end is a little out of shape but since the onboard doesn't show any counter steer, I'm inclined to believe this was cured with the brake pedal, and not steering suggesting that it was a result of braking, and not being shoved from behind...

Garry Walker
14th April 2009, 09:57
Clearly eh? ok judging from Rubens on board, how far after the white line prior to the corner did the impact occur? I mean, if it was a hard enough hit to damage the deffuser, then some course correction on Rubens part would show up right? There is a view from the above shot that shows Rubens back end is a little out of shape but since the onboard doesn't show any counter steer, I'm inclined to believe this was cured with the brake pedal, and not steering suggesting that it was a result of braking, and not being shoved from behind...

I have seen pictures of Barrichellos car after the GP, they clearly showed diffuser damage.
Case Closed.

big_sw2000
14th April 2009, 10:49
From what i rember, Rubans car was hit by Kovilinen, just before he hit Webber.
And lso i seem to rember Kovilnen having some front wing damage, although i may be wrong

ioan
14th April 2009, 11:09
The McLaren did rear end Ruben's car and there was some damage to it as a result, but I agree that Rubens did exaggerate the extent of the damage in his post race interviews.

ioan
14th April 2009, 11:12
From what i rember, Rubans car was hit by Kovilinen, just before he hit Webber.
And lso i seem to rember Kovilnen having some front wing damage, although i may be wrong

At least you got Webber's name right! ;)

big_sw2000
14th April 2009, 13:22
At least you got Webber's name right! ;)
Never a strong thing with me speeling :s mokin:

Nikey
14th April 2009, 21:17
Just replayed it enough to be sure. Barrichello pushes his nose to a place where there is absolutely no room for him and destroyes Webber's, Heidfeld's and Kovalainen's race. That was million times more something to punish for than the Vettel-Kubica case. But good for him to pull off something like that and finish 2.

jso1985
15th April 2009, 03:05
Barrichello has been on the "soon gone" list for about 2 years now...

is it the same "reliable" sources that reported that Barrichello was to be droped by Honda after he broke the starts record? those reports really got the stupidity award of the month from me...

If Barrichello is still racing is because Ross Brawn regards him highly

Tumbo
15th April 2009, 03:41
Just replayed it enough to be sure. Barrichello pushes his nose to a place where there is absolutely no room for him and destroyes Webber's, Heidfeld's and Kovalainen's race.

Barichello was ing front of Kovi how was he to blame for the finn's mistake?! Kovi ended his own race had nothing to do w/ where Barichello put his car

Nikey
15th April 2009, 12:28
Barichello was ing front of Kovi how was he to blame for the finn's mistake?! Kovi ended his own race had nothing to do w/ where Barichello put his car

Kovi??? Right... But there's no contact between Barrichello and Kovalainen (at least from the 4 angles I have seen it). Barrichello just brakes very late (a lot after Webber who's on better line). 1. Barrichello crashes Webber, 2. Webber hits Heidfeld, 3. Kovalainen and Webber collide.

big_sw2000
15th April 2009, 13:45
Kovi??? Right... But there's no contact between Barrichello and Kovalainen (at least from the 4 angles I have seen it). Barrichello just brakes very late (a lot after Webber who's on better line). 1. Barrichello crashes Webber, 2. Webber hits Heidfeld, 3. Kovalainen and Webber collide.
Kovalainen, hit Barrichello in the back, hard enough to brake Barichellos defusa. Thats what pushed him into Webber.

ioan
15th April 2009, 17:28
Kovalainen, hit Barrichello in the back, hard enough to brake Barichellos defusa.

Barrichello's what?

big_sw2000
15th April 2009, 17:46
Barrichello's what?
You know, the black plastic thing on the underside rear of car. The bit that gives them 10 seconds a lap advantage over everyone else. Even when broken.

Nikey
15th April 2009, 19:22
Kovalainen, hit Barrichello in the back, hard enough to brake Barichellos defusa. Thats what pushed him into Webber.

Shouldn't there have been some parts flying in the air? Besides, had he been pushed, his car would have reacted to it. What happened now? Nothing. As I said, I've looked at this from 4 different angles and none of them show any sign of contact.

PSfan
15th April 2009, 20:11
Shouldn't there have been some parts flying in the air? Besides, had he been pushed, his car would have reacted to it. What happened now? Nothing. As I said, I've looked at this from 4 different angles and none of them show any sign of contact.

After reading Garry Walkers post, I managed to locate a pic showing some damage to Rubens car. However, this doesn't prove when the damage took place, and having seen the picture I can only conclude that as far as the damage to the diffuser is concerned, it could have only occurred if a another car had hit it at an angle, not flush across that would have occurred had the impact taken place before Rubens tangle with Webber ( the damage on the light also looks like it was done at an angle, but that one could have gone either way. )

The more I watch the replay, the more I have to agree with Brundle and co that this was Rubens accident, and any hit from behind was a result of the initial contact with Webber so I also blame Rubens for that as well.

big_sw2000
15th April 2009, 21:24
Oh i wish i could find a replay, im starting to doubt my self. But most race reports record that Kovalainen hit Barricello.

Tazio
16th April 2009, 07:35
Some Rubens' career Youtubes.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2009/04/16/rubens-barrichellos-career-in-video-p2/

wmcot
16th April 2009, 08:24
Bruce Mclaren wouldnt of wanted his team o end up like this, its a shame.

Sadly, "Bruce McLaren's Team" hasn't been around for a long time. :(