PDA

View Full Version : IRC Rally Scotland 2009

Pages : 1 [2] 3

alterdaxter
18th November 2009, 08:20
http://i34.tinypic.com/16aaz3q.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/xda3xu.jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs051.snc3/13833_192111308616_753563616_2732012_2959604_n.jpg

J4MIE
18th November 2009, 16:37
Going to be some very slippy sections on the rally... forecast for heavy rain tonight and tomorrow but dry for Friday and Saturday - hopefully!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13533_332378065611_529115611_9951441_1946495_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_332378040611_529115611_9951438_5894393_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13533_332378055611_529115611_9951440_5127750_n.jpg

noel157
18th November 2009, 23:00
BBC Scotland video with Meeke and brief talk about McRae's influence:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8363425.stm

Mirek
18th November 2009, 23:04
Nice video, thanks

HaCo
19th November 2009, 08:49
Greetings from litle chief on the way to Perth (from Stirling) :)

Sulland
19th November 2009, 10:00
Will be very interessting to see the big fight, the battle of Britain !

I just sit with a feeling that Wilks has a bigger mouth than Meeke, and pumps himself up too much in the media, and that Meeke more lets his driving speak - but I might be wrong.

noel157
19th November 2009, 10:03
Greetings from litle chief on the way to Perth (from Stirling) :)

Did you get out of Little Chef alive?

noel157
19th November 2009, 11:42
68 page preview programme from Autosport in GP Week format:

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/digitalmag/rallyofscotland2009/

Simmi
19th November 2009, 11:52
68 page preview programme from Autosport in GP Week format:

http://cdn.images.autosport.com/digitalmag/rallyofscotland2009/

Yeah this just dropped through my door a couple of minutes ago. Pretty telling Autosport didn't bother to do this for Wales GB this year. But then again it looks quite clearly like Peugeot commissioned this. A lot of backslapping and advertisement but there does look like some good stuff in there too. Maps, history and a good preview from the looks of it.

Fair play to Peugeot UK for milking the IRC for all its worth. Seen their stuff in a few different magazines and obviously that dodgy tv advert.

Enjoy the rally everyone! I was jealous until I saw all that mud! Nah I'm still jealous.

Tom206wrc
19th November 2009, 12:27
Ready for action on SSSs this evening :bounce:

noel157
19th November 2009, 13:40
Anybody going to SS3/SS7? (TV stage in the morning)? Got word that part of the stage has been re-routed / changed due to deterioration of the stage due to the weather. Crews recced the new part this morning. Not sure exactly what part of the stage has be changed.

J4MIE
19th November 2009, 15:50
Anybody going to SS3/SS7? (TV stage in the morning)? Got word that part of the stage has been re-routed / changed due to deterioration of the stage due to the weather. Crews recced the new part this morning. Not sure exactly what part of the stage has be changed.

It is the part from my above photos, they are going from junction 4 to 7 now to avoid it, it is extremely muddy in there and has been heavy rain since last night so will be pretty trecherous!

Just heading up to Scone shortly for the SSS :bounce:

rally-rover
19th November 2009, 16:36
Why do so many people have Eamonn Boland in their pick em top 8? I'm a huge fan and all but Craig Breen was faster than him on practically every stage in rally GB in the fiesta R2? I know he loves his new GpN, especially on gravel but he will not be on the pace for sure!

Luis Pacheco
19th November 2009, 20:02
http://tbcpods.radica.com/IRC_Radio/Rally_radio_player_page.htm

PLuto
19th November 2009, 20:03
Results: http://www.irc-results.com/2009/scotland

noel157
19th November 2009, 20:11
SS1 now live with Mathew Safety Wilson on the road.

Where's Tom?

club_soda
19th November 2009, 20:35
Kris Meeke 1:39:8?? can't be right.. what happend?

1:09.6 is what the commentators say

but live timing shoes 1:39.6...

WRC1
19th November 2009, 20:37
woooooh!

kris meeke looses 27,8 on first stage!

what happend?

noel157
19th November 2009, 20:38
No, 1.09, fastest on SS1.

club_soda
19th November 2009, 20:38
it's definitely a live timing error..

The commentators state Kris Meeke was fastest with 1:09.6

edit: looks like it has been corrected

noel157
19th November 2009, 20:42
00:01:09.6

WRC1
19th November 2009, 20:46
00:01:09.6

thx guys!!

noel157
19th November 2009, 20:48
RR is a bit chaotic, too many people. They only need Becs and gravel voice.

And it's disappeared now.

noel157
19th November 2009, 20:56
The real rally starts tomorrow. Looking forward to Eurosport in the morning.

Mirek
19th November 2009, 21:02
RR is a bit chaotic, too many people. They only need Becs and gravel voice.

Agree, especialy for not native English speaking people it's hard to follow with such number of voices in the same time.

Guys, be avare that results are set to IRC crews by default. You have to click on ALL to see all crews.

Francis44
19th November 2009, 21:06
Gould close to the first 2 im surprised he holded up.

PLuto
19th November 2009, 21:10
We will see tomorrow on normal stages...

bluuford
19th November 2009, 21:41
Two Hondas are fighting for the top step in 2WD. The very same Hondas have been fighting in Estonian Championship as well. Koitla has won mostly, with his older Honda :-) Hope to see long lasting fight and hopefully 2WD cars wont get stuck in the stages ;-)

noel157
19th November 2009, 22:21
Gould close to the first 2 im surprised he holded up.

Granted he is in 3rd but lost 4 secs a Km tonight. Guess he has plenty of time tomorrow and Saturday to learn the car.

McRae lost similar time so let's hope he can get going too.

wwbroe
19th November 2009, 22:40
Just came back in hotel after a wet super special stage. Alltough the organisers put a lot of effort into this, there wasn't too much people at Scone Palace. Wilson wasn't that fast where we were but Meeke was clearly fastest, you could see it by eye. Real stages are only starting tomorrow, but i think we could see some big time differences. Hopefully it will rain a little less the coming two days, because there is some flooding around the stages allready. It has been a long time since i have seen so much water in one day. :D

Francis44
20th November 2009, 08:41
Live coverage begins in ten minutes.

Luis Pacheco
20th November 2009, 09:11
It has been a long time since i have seen so much water in one day. :D

Since May I guest. :D

noel157
20th November 2009, 09:17
Cronin stopped on stage. Times very slow to come through.

Sulland
20th November 2009, 09:18
Must say that I am cheering a bit extra for McRae and Proton for this one.
I hope the latest upgrades are working well, and makes it able to match the two on top.
And that Proton sees this as an oppotunity to expand in europe, and pushes some money into the MEM project !

AndyRAC
20th November 2009, 09:23
Meeke fastest from Alister, and Wilks - Cronin gone missing.

hari
20th November 2009, 09:26
Really nice Live Coverage on Eurosport!

Sulland
20th November 2009, 09:27
Cant get the radio to work here, how are the conditions ?

mm1
20th November 2009, 09:38
Anyone know where I can see a live stream, don`t have eurosport at work :)

hari
20th November 2009, 09:38
Stages are wet and slippery, but the weather today is fine.

Cant get the radio to work here, how are the conditions ?

Barreis
20th November 2009, 09:44
ISC down, Eurosport rules..

noel157
20th November 2009, 09:48
Anyone know where I can see a live stream, don`t have eurosport at work :)

http://events.servercorporation.com/

mm1
20th November 2009, 09:54
Thanx

Luis Pacheco
20th November 2009, 10:05
Nice live stage but in my opinion Eurosport still has room to improve.
The sound was something out of line compared to the images and the constant exchange of cars become confused sometimes particularly when the images are almost onboard.

Barreis
20th November 2009, 10:21
At least we have some live rallying..

WRC1
20th November 2009, 10:34
the "battle of the brits" seems to be a "duell of the brits" ;)

nobody else can follow the speed of meeke and wilks!

hope guy wilks can get a proper car for next year (maybe he can stay with the fabia??) this would be another great challenger for the titel..

cali
20th November 2009, 10:34
The sound was something out of line compared to the images and the constant exchange of cars become confused sometimes particularly when the images are almost onboard.

Completely agree, but anyways I enjoyed it. Even if they had some problems, mistakes etc. Fantastic to see rallying live, pity that we did not see live what happened to Cronin.

Pinto
20th November 2009, 10:42

the live show was a gould fest he got more live time than wilks or meeke,but yea the live coverage is some job.

As of the BRC this year ali fisher and the boys are beating Gould no probs even tarmac man Eammon Bolland is breathing done his neck

cali
20th November 2009, 10:57
the live show was a gould fest he got more live time than wilks or meeke,but yea the live coverage is some job.

As of the BRC this year ali fisher and the boys are beating Gould no probs even tarmac man Eammon Bolland is breathing done his neck

But still, Boland is even behind estonian 2wd boys.

noel157
20th November 2009, 11:03
Completely agree, but anyways I enjoyed it. Even if they had some problems, mistakes etc. Fantastic to see rallying live, pity that we did not see live what happened to Cronin.

Cronin reportedly punctured 10k in and got the car beached by the side of the road. Managed to get going again and finished 8th on SS4 but way down overall.

J.Lindstroem
20th November 2009, 11:08
What do you guys think of the Icelandic guy? Never heard of him but i know icelandic people are amongst the thoughest on earth!

noel157
20th November 2009, 11:15
Kris Meeke continues to lead the Rally of Scotland, but is currently unable to shake off main rival Guy Wilks, who remains just four seconds behind.

Peugeot driver Meeke had dominated last night's superspecials, and was quickest again on Craigvinean, the first full-length stage of the rally this morning.

Wilks (Skoda) lost 3s to Meeke on SS3, but responded by winning the following Blackcraig stage to bring the Intercontinental Rally Challenge champion's lead back down to 4.1s. Alister McRae is third in the MEM Proton, 25.4s down on Meeke.

The other main S2000 contenders have hit trouble. British Rally champion Keith Cronin's Abarth stopped on SS3, while Adam Gould lost a lot of time when he spun the BFGoodrich Peugeot on SS4 and had difficulty turning the car around.

Dave Weston Jr is now the leading Group N driver in fourth, ahead of David Bogie. Alastair Fisher has fallen back to sixth having clipped a log pile on Blackcraig.

Leading positions after SS4:

Pos Driver Car Time/Gap
1. Kris Meeke Peugeot 20m18.1s
2. Guy Wilks Skoda + 4.1s
3. Alister McRae Proton + 25.4s
4. Dave Weston Jr Subaru + 1m02.4s
5. David Bogie Mitsubishi + 1m19.4s
6. Alastair Fisher Mitsubishi + 1m23.4s
7. Jonathan Greer Mitsubishi + 1m25.7s
8. Jock Armstrong Subaru + 1m27.7s
9. Adam Gould Peugeot + 1m36.8s
10 Daniel Siguroarson Mitsubishi + 1m41.0s

Source - Autosport.com

Ondra WRC
20th November 2009, 11:18
Cronin was a puncture?

cali
20th November 2009, 11:20
Cronin reportedly punctured 10k in and got the car beached by the side of the road. Managed to get going again and finished 8th on SS4 but way down overall.
Yes, i know what happened to him and we saw the picture after he was in a ditch. I would've hope to see it live on tv.

noel157
20th November 2009, 11:23
Yes, i know what happened to him and we saw the picture after he was in a ditch. I would've hope to see it live on tv.

Ok, keep your hair on, just trying to be helpful.

Pinto
20th November 2009, 11:42
What do you guys think of the Icelandic guy? Never heard of him but i know icelandic people are amongst the thoughest on earth!

hes done some rounds of this years uk evo challange hes uk evo winning co driver irishman Martin Brady on board this weekend

Pinto
20th November 2009, 11:48

they were to busy showing gould they didnt even flinch when one of the main players droped out of the rally that slightly pisses me off,but then again we had to hear robert reid waffling on about the great gould.
dont get me wrong its great to see live stages but give every one a fair share of coverage

Mr Lopez
20th November 2009, 12:50
Is it just me or are we hyping up this rally too much? Rally Radio, live TV etc etc.... Let's face it there is no quality of entry whatsoever. 2 minutes between 1st and 4th already? Maybe WRC isn't so bad

Pinto
20th November 2009, 12:52
gould maybe out could be water pump

eammon bolland has a broken driveshaft

Pinto
20th November 2009, 13:03
graig breen gone off cars are suffering big time with punctures

Simmi
20th November 2009, 13:40
Just watching back SS3 live now. Not really very impressed. Don't think the stage really lent itself to live broadcast. Some decent heli stuff following Gould but there wasn't enough of that.

Don't get me wrong I am grateful for Eurosport but it could be massively improved. It's hardly must-see coverage.

The main story of the stage was Cronin and they did nothing with it. They had a camera in the car so what's the excuse?

bluuford
20th November 2009, 14:10
Just watching back SS3 live now. Not really very impressed. Don't think the stage really lent itself to live broadcast. Some decent heli stuff following Gould but there wasn't enough of that.

Don't get me wrong I am grateful for Eurosport but it could be massively improved. It's hardly must-see coverage.

The main story of the stage was Cronin and they did nothing with it. They had a camera in the car so what's the excuse?

Yeah, completely agree. It looked for me as a waste of resources.

PLuto
20th November 2009, 14:26
Cronin crashed on SS 6...

Juha_Koo
20th November 2009, 16:22
Weston and Bogie both visited a small ditch on the same corner on SS7.

Pretty nice live footage althought there's some room for improvement. Pretty large gaps between drivers resultwise but it was expected.

I just wish Jakke could give some room for original audio too...

RS
20th November 2009, 16:48
I just wish Jakke could give some room for original audio too...

Jakke who? Who is commentating in Finland?

Just watched the live stage on Eurosport this afternoon. I was very impressed with the driving of the top three through this stage, very committed in very difficult conditions.

It is a shame the entry list is poor here, but having this live tv is still important for the rally and Peugeot/Skoda UK. Hopefully next year the entry will be better.

AndyRAC
20th November 2009, 17:13

Just watched the live stage on Eurosport this afternoon. I was very impressed with the driving of the top three through this stage, very committed in very difficult conditions.

It is a shame the entry list is poor here, but having this live tv is still important for the rally and Peugeot/Skoda UK. Hopefully next year the entry will be better.

I agree with you, I feel sorry for the organisers and Eurosport - the entry list was indeed poor, and nor helped further by the retirements of Gould, Cronin, etc
Also, the weather hasn't helped - where is the cold, crisp weather? It's the 3rd week in November......

Simmi
20th November 2009, 17:18
Yeah, completely agree. It looked for me as a waste of resources.

For me this is what all live broadcasts should try and emulate. This clip is just merged highlights but it gives an idea of what the coverage was like.

Blenheim Special Stage '99 - BBC coverage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxEDejVy6RU

Obviously BBC had a budget to do this but this is really what I call good coverage. I was at this stage too they should bring back stages like this.

Luis Pacheco
20th November 2009, 17:18
Rallyes are not a product made for television. For me the important thing is to enjoy a good radio coverage.

RS
20th November 2009, 17:19
Also, the weather hasn't helped - where is the cold, crisp weather? It's the 3rd week in November......

We don't seem to get seasons here in the UK anymore. It is about 11degrees and raining most of the time!

Rally Scotland is mainly the victim of being last event of the season. I think everyone is concentrating on budgets for 2010 now...

Simmi
20th November 2009, 17:23
Rallyes are not a product made for television. For me the important thing is to enjoy a good radio coverage.

Yeah but good luck trying to sell cars and give sponsors exposure over the radio...

RS
20th November 2009, 17:24

I disagree. I think it is hard to make a highlights shown sound exciting without going stupid like the do on the WRC stuff but live stages are great (providing there is a fight)

Just imagine a rally coming down to the wire and the top three drivers are seperated by 9s going into a final stage.. If it is done well they can cut between drivers showing split times right to the end and you can see the battle unfold not only on your computer screens.

Luis Pacheco
20th November 2009, 17:33
If 90% or more of the images are only onboard what kind of exposure you have?

The lives from Eurosport are not bad but they need to improve more. More cameras on the ground, not only at the start or in the end of the stages.

Simmi
20th November 2009, 17:46
If 90% or more of the images are only onboard what kind of exposure you have?

The lives from Eurosport are not bad but they need to improve more. More cameras on the ground, not only at the start or in the end of the stages.

Yeah no one is really saying that coverage was any good. The second run in the dark they may as well not have bothered really.

I absolutely agree - more cameras on the ground. They would be better covering one part of the stage really well rather then all of it badly. Currently they are spreading themselves too thin. Especially when you have patchy onboard cameras.

bluuford
20th November 2009, 17:46
Well, there were a few basic things wrong, but definitely, it was good to follow lie picture :-).
1. Stage they showed was not the best TV stage. a lot of forest around and therefore hard to use outside camera or helicam.

2. Two few cars were carrying onboard cameras an during the second pass half of the cars with the cam had retired already.

3. Operator work was not the best. Many important moments were not shown. They could have done replays when they didn't had nothing else to show. They were too much stuck in one car during the onboard session. It would be more interesting to see the most difficult places by different cars and drivers.
But the oprator work during the second pas was already bit better :-)

PLuto
20th November 2009, 17:51

It isnt so easy. It is question of technologies... The system, which are they using, isnt prepared for it. They can "receive" only two signals in one time. So when somebody crash in time, when they are not receiving his signal, they cannot show it. Only later, when they download it directly from the camera.

RS
20th November 2009, 17:52
For me, it was really good seeing the onbords. You can really see how committed the drivers are from inside the cars. I was particularly impressed with A McRae.

I agree we could do with a few more stage side cameras but the heli stuff is good because you can see the way the car moves on the stage (and the sponsor names)

Juha_Koo
20th November 2009, 17:58

Jakke Honkanen, used to read pacenotes to Garde for example. I've heard him commentating some other forms of motorsport too on Finnish Eurosport.

Btw. Was I the only one who noticed that air conditioning grille loosening in McRae's Proton? :D

Tom206wrc
20th November 2009, 18:06
Gutted for Gould !!! Water pump again :mad: ;(

Mirek
20th November 2009, 18:14
Water pump in Peugeot 207 is electric powered not supplied by a belt and there have been a lot of problems with this solution.

RS
20th November 2009, 18:41
]Water pump in Peugeot 207 is electric powered not supplied by a belt and there have been a lot of problems with this solution.

Ahh, they are trying to take some load off the engine, no good if it fails though!

Simmi
20th November 2009, 18:43
]Water pump in Peugeot 207 is electric powered not supplied by a belt and there have been a lot of problems with this solution.

Water in the water pump electrics? Could that happen? It would be ironic.

Salist
20th November 2009, 19:33
Any pictures from first day?

Hipo1990
20th November 2009, 22:00
Look there
http://2009scopixd2.rallybel.be/#429

cali
20th November 2009, 22:45
Ok, keep your hair on, just trying to be helpful.
Yeah, no prob. Thanks mate! :)

cali
20th November 2009, 22:51
It isnt so easy. It is question of technologies... The system, which are they using, isnt prepared for it. They can "receive" only two signals in one time. So when somebody crash in time, when they are not receiving his signal, they cannot show it. Only later, when they download it directly from the camera.

Aha, this explains a lot. Thanks! :)

Salist
21st November 2009, 08:03
Look there
http://2009scopixd2.rallybel.be/#429

Thanks Hipo1990.

darkstar
21st November 2009, 08:41
wow, wilks was fast in that first stage this morning!

WRC1
21st November 2009, 08:42
...and the battle continues!

wilks 3 sec faster, but still 18,1 between him and meeke...the rest..hmmm

proton needs still more improvement, but at least the car looks nice ;)

club_soda
21st November 2009, 08:44
Wooo live stage in 15 minutes cant' wait. :s mokin: 12:45 am here in the US. looks like I'll be up another hour

dimviii
21st November 2009, 08:57
any link for the live stage please?

noel157
21st November 2009, 09:00
any link for the live stage please?

http://events.servercorporation.com/

club_soda
21st November 2009, 09:00
http://videos.eurosport.com/irc/irc-rac-scotland-day-2-%281_vid118547/irc-player.shtml

darkstar
21st November 2009, 09:02
meeke strikes back :)

dimviii
21st November 2009, 09:15
thanks noel and club soda :)

Simmi
21st November 2009, 09:22
This is a much better stage. Long open sections but looks tricky in places. Cant wait to see the big boys through.

Good for tv and the drivers.

noel157
21st November 2009, 09:40
I see Martin Kangur is off the road in the Civic and looks out. Pity.

Simmi
21st November 2009, 09:54
Times messed up. Carlton Kirby is trying to make out David Bogie won the stage.

noel157
21st November 2009, 09:59
Meeke by 8.1.

RS
21st November 2009, 10:03
Really nice stage and scenery, Kris said it's the best stage he ever drove!

Looks like Meeke has it in the bag now, but Guy is doing a good job on his first event with the Fabia.

Salist
21st November 2009, 10:04
SS13 - Live on Eurosport.

Salist
21st November 2009, 10:06
Martin Kangur - Honda Civic R3 crashed on SS10. The crew are OK. :(

Sulland
21st November 2009, 10:13
Beautiful stage, both the nature they drive through, and the road they drove on. Meeks comment (Even if he is local) about the best stage he has done in the world, Finland included - is not far off !

Mirek
21st November 2009, 10:15
Kangur's car didn't look very damaged from helicopter wiev, just stucked off road.

I liked the live coverage, only few problems with onboards in the first section and wrong time of Bogie messed it a bit. Anyway beautiful stage!

Salist
21st November 2009, 10:25
]Kangur's car didn't look very damaged from helicopter wiev, just stucked off road.

I liked the live coverage, only few problems with onboards in the first section and wrong time of Bogie messed it a bit. Anyway beautiful stage!

I agree.

tolis
21st November 2009, 10:35
I wanted cameras in the stage, not only helicopter views...They may have showed also live, Kangur's off from his onboard camera.

PLuto
21st November 2009, 10:51
I wanted cameras in the stage, not only helicopter views...They may have showed also live, Kangur's off from his onboard camera.

I believe you, but it isnt so easy to do it. More cameras on stage means much, much more money... I have been on Monte and Ypres at TV crew, I know the technology how they are sending datas. It isnt so easy like in circuits, where they have everything near and can connect it by cable...

Simmi
21st November 2009, 10:53

As you can see PLuto explained the system earlier in the thread. It has a lot of limitations.

Barreis
21st November 2009, 11:01
Hey, on ISC we don't have live show at all.. We can be happy that we have it live..

PLuto
21st November 2009, 11:04
Time for Matt Wilson on SS 8: 11:18,7

WRC1
21st November 2009, 11:10

wow!!! this means the fiesta is already now as fast as peugeot and skoda!!

...as soon a real rallydriver gets behind the wheel!!

means a lot of work for skoda and pug...

tolis
21st November 2009, 11:11
Thanks PLuto & Simmi!!!! I remember though that there were some cameras in MC this year!!!
I agree with you Barreis!!!

PLuto
21st November 2009, 11:13
Thanks PLuto & Simmi!!!! I remember though that there were some cameras in MC this year!!!
I agree with you Barreis!!!

Yes, there were cameras on start + finish (same as now), and on Col de Turini (because on the Turini was main camp of Eurosport with SNG car).

noel157
21st November 2009, 11:17
wow!!! this means the fiesta is already now as fast as peugeot and skoda!!

...as soon a real rallydriver gets behind the wheel!!

means a lot of work for skoda and pug...

LOL, 18 secs over 16.5 km.

Mirek
21st November 2009, 11:29
This shows how stupid tyre regulations are used in WRC (from previously posted interwiev with Matt):

One of the other things which was a bit odd was when we came into service yesterday. The tyres had been running well, but we were so used to the World Rally Championship regulations that we almost forgot we could cut them to make the grip even better. Once we did that in the afternoon, the grip was tremendous.

bluuford
21st November 2009, 11:53
I see Martin Kangur is off the road in the Civic and looks out. Pity.

Kuldar Sikk, his codriver explained that powersteering belt broke and it was possible to turn only to the right with the car. That is why the car was off road inside the corner.

Yeah, great drive by Kangur. He is still very young and it was his first proper international rally. I am not sure about his exact age but he is driving U18 class in Estonian Youth Rally Championship.

noel157
21st November 2009, 12:24
Kuldar Sikk, his codriver explained that powersteering belt broke and it was possible to turn only to the right with the car. That is why the car was off road inside the corner.

Yeah, great drive by Kangur. He is still very young and it was his first proper international rally. I am not sure about his exact age but he is driving U18 class in Estonian Youth Rally Championship.

I agree, kid seems to have talent and good to see him going so far away from home to compete, experience will be of great benefit for the future.

RS
21st November 2009, 12:39
Is Wilson using BFG tyres this weekend?

If that comparison is true, don't forget the Fiesta is also running new regulations (wider body) although I don't know how much difference that really makes.

Juha_Koo
21st November 2009, 12:59
Kuldar Sikk, his codriver

Has Kuldar continued to co-drive in Estonia after Urmo's WRC programme went down?

bluuford
21st November 2009, 13:17
Has Kuldar continued to co-drive in Estonia after Urmo's WRC programme went down?

They did two events with Urmo with the same Honda this year and since NORF Kuldar has codriven their most promising youngster Martin Kangur. They had three youngsters they were training (Running under AAVA-SIKK YOUTH team). Those youngsters were mainly the sons of their backers. Initially they were taken a bit like joke but it seems that at least one of them has became really fast.

RS
21st November 2009, 13:19
For those that don't know, Peugeot UK have a channel on Youtube with really nicely edited highlights (showing not just Kris): http://www.youtube.com/user/theofficialPeugeotUK

cali
21st November 2009, 13:20

Yes, mainly with Kangur. But he has done also some events together with Urmo.
Kangur drives for Aava-Sikk Youth Rally Team, together with Plangi and Pärn.

Plangi and Pärn drove quite successfully in Wales Rally GB. They are as fast as Kangur.

Simmi
21st November 2009, 13:49
For those that don't know, Peugeot UK have a channel on Youtube with really nicely edited highlights (showing not just Kris): http://www.youtube.com/user/theofficialPeugeotUK

Thanks for that. Really good stuff from Peugeot UK.

Just shows how pathetic Eurosport's efforts are at covering a rally. Live stages are all well and good but some coherent back to basics coverage like that would be nice. That is literally better then anything Eurosport have done all season. It paints a picture, shows action from the stages and gets some actual comment rather than butchered 30sec interviews.

Big props to Peugeot UK for fully embracing rallying and getting involved in the promotion.

noel157
21st November 2009, 14:06
Eurosport on now, hope the weather doesn't effect the broadcast or stop the chopper flying.

RS
21st November 2009, 14:06
Thanks for that. Really good stuff from Peugeot UK.

Just shows how pathetic Eurosport's efforts are at covering a rally. Live stages are all well and good but some coherent back to basics coverage like that would be nice. That is literally better then anything Eurosport have done all season. It paints a picture, shows action from the stages and gets some actual comment rather than butchered 30sec interviews.

Big props to Peugeot UK for fully embracing rallying and getting involved in the promotion.

They are using the Eurosport footage, but it is just edited better. We should remember though that a lot of the Eurosport shows are actually narrated live (even the non-live stages) Their review shows (shown a couple of days after the rally) are a lot better.

Simmi
21st November 2009, 14:28
They are using the Eurosport footage, but it is just edited better. We should remember though that a lot of the Eurosport shows are actually narrated live (even the non-live stages) Their review shows (shown a couple of days after the rally) are a lot better.

I might have missed something but Eurosport didn't show any of that stuff in their coverage so far. At least not on British Eurosport. The live commentary is half the problem. I understand why they do it as they broadcast in many different countries, but the information we get is very second rate.

If Peugeot UK can get people to edit that piece together, why cant an operation like Eurosport have something of that standard to air before their live broadcast?

I know they probably haven't got the man power or certainly the money. But they just dont take any pride in their coverage IMO.

Simmi
21st November 2009, 14:29
Stage stopped then.

Rally Hokkaido
21st November 2009, 14:32
What a shame! It was great in-car viewing on the stage until the stoppage.
Just heard it is David Bogie stopped in stage that has caused it - no other details, yet..

RS
21st November 2009, 14:33
Stage stopped, that's a real shame. I was enjoying them switching between Meeke & Wilks!

Mirek
21st November 2009, 14:36
Bogie rolled, crew ok.

cali
21st November 2009, 14:37
Bogie rolled, crew ok but their car is blocking the road

Simmi
21st November 2009, 14:37
Well done to Kris then.

You have to wonder though. With a bit more testing and a couple of rallies under his belt in the Fabia, I think Guy might have pipped him there. Hopefully it will convince Skoda UK to come up with something for next year. Either way Guy doesn't deserve to be on the sidelines.

Barreis
21st November 2009, 14:38
I like the rally.. Also coverage.. Eurosport rules, ISC down..

club_soda
21st November 2009, 14:39
Sucks it had to end so early... I really wish they fix the "relay" issues. Still shots with commentary just don't do it for me. Other than that, great coverage thanks to Eurosport can't wait for next season.

Simmi
21st November 2009, 14:43
I like the rally.. Also coverage.. Eurosport rules, ISC down..

So you'd be happy to have coverage of that standard for all 13 rounds of the WRC next year? Live stages are great but come on.

RS
21st November 2009, 14:44
Congratulations to Kris, Paul & Peugeot UK for driving another great rally.

Also, congratulations to Rally Scotland for putting on a really nice event and Peugeot UK for supporting it so strongly. It fell foul of being only 6 weeks before the start of the 2010 season and the championship being over but without that it could have been fantastic - looking forward to next year!

Barreis
21st November 2009, 14:46
So you'd be happy to have coverage of that standard for all 13 rounds of the WRC next year? Live stages are great but come on.

What do You more prefer: watch F1 live or latenight coverage?

WRC1
21st November 2009, 14:49
congratulations to kris, paul and peugeot uk; guy, phil and rene georges team (especially jack)

congratulations to eurosport for nice live action under most difficult conditions!! well done

congratulations to IRC for a great season with fantastic rallyes!

looking forward to monte and 2010!

noel157
21st November 2009, 14:51
Well done to Kris then.

You have to wonder though. With a bit more testing and a couple of rallies under his belt in the Fabia, I think Guy might have pipped him there. Hopefully it will convince Skoda UK to come up with something for next year. Either way Guy doesn't deserve to be on the sidelines.

It'll be good if Wilks can get a programme together. It certainly would've been close if he had more experience in the Fabia but I think Meeke drove accordingly.
At first spilt Meeke was 2 up. Pity it was stopped.

Mirek
21st November 2009, 14:52
I might have missed something but Eurosport didn't show any of that stuff in their coverage so far. At least not on British Eurosport. The live commentary is half the problem. I understand why they do it as they broadcast in many different countries, but the information we get is very second rate.

If Peugeot UK can get people to edit that piece together, why cant an operation like Eurosport have something of that standard to air before their live broadcast?

I know they probably haven't got the man power or certainly the money. But they just dont take any pride in their coverage IMO.

Haven't seen Scotland so far but Peugeot UK rewievs used same video stuff as was used in Eurosport leg and event rewievs in all previous rounds.

noel157
21st November 2009, 14:52
congratulations to kris, paul and peugeot uk; guy, phil and rene georges team (especially jack)

congratulations to eurosport for nice live action under most difficult conditions!! well done

congratulations to IRC for a great season with fantastic rallyes!

looking forward to monte and 2010!

+1. Good show by all. Roll on RMC.

PLuto
21st November 2009, 14:54
It'll be good if Wilks can get a programme together. It certainly would've been close if he had more experience in the Fabia but I think Meeke drove accordingly.
At first spilt Meeke was 2 up. Pity it was stopped.

Wilks will continue in IRC next year, dont be afraid ;)

noel157
21st November 2009, 14:55
Wilks will continue in IRC next year, dont be afraid ;)

But it's top secret Pluto!, No hints please! :)

dimviii
21st November 2009, 15:01
after ss10.... :p :

Kris Meeke/Paul Nagle
“I don’t know what Guy’s plan is, but as far as I’m concerned it’s going fantastic. It’s interesting to know how before this event Guy was determined to win here, but now on the event when we are quicker he is just wanting to finish. It’s nice to know we have the power to change his mind!”

Congrats to Meeke and Wilks and their codrivers.

Simmi
21st November 2009, 15:03
What do You more prefer: watch F1 live or latenight coverage?

Personally if there is a choice between an hour highlights after each leg. Or very basic live stages flicking between two onboard cameras then I'm going to take the highlights. It takes until a day after the event has finished for Eurosport to do that on this event.

I truly commend Eurosport for their dedication to trying to bring us live action. But I'm not about to start nuthugging them and call them the saviours of rallying. All that has worn off since Monte Carlo. That's the last I'll say on the coverage anyway.

Put this rally in the middle of the season and with a full entrylist then it would be a cracker.

bluuford
21st November 2009, 15:05
There will be interesting situation now. The stage was stopped after three cars. And the fastest so far was non registered manufacturer (Subaru). So, in normal conditions when we are looking IRC standings, then they are going to get which notional time? driven by Subaru or driven by Honda 2WD ;-) When Subaru does not exist for them then we are going to see two different final times :-) But if they are using its time then there will be interesting situation. They wont complete the stage but get notional time that is over 1 minute faster than the car that officially completed in IRC ;-)
This is just for statistics but interesting situation anyway :-)

noel157
21st November 2009, 15:07
There will be interesting situation now. The stage was stopped after three cars. And the fastest so far was non registered manufacturer (Subaru). So, in normal conditions when we are looking IRC standings, then they are going to get which notional time? driven by Subaru or driven by Honda 2WD ;-) When Subaru does not exist for them then we are going to see two different final times :-) But if they are using its time then there will be interesting situation. They wont complete the stage but get notional time that was that is over 1 minute faster than the car that officially completed in IRC ;-)
This is just for statistics but interesting situation anyway :-)

Last stage so not sure notional times apply, no?

PLuto
21st November 2009, 15:08
It is quetion for stewards. And they are not interested in IRC classification, but classification of whole rally. So for them isnt important, who is registered...

Mirek
21st November 2009, 15:08
I guess the stage might be cancelled at all with only 3 cars finished.

PLuto
21st November 2009, 15:10
If I should be steward, I will give time of Armstrong to McRae, Greer, Wilks and Meeke. And time of Koitla to all other drivers.

Barreis
21st November 2009, 15:24
Was it best Proton result?

RS
21st November 2009, 15:27

Yes, hopefully it will encourage Proton to commit to a programme for next year. The car did seem to have made some progress here.

WRC1
21st November 2009, 15:29

place 3 for a. mcrae in scotland 2009 ;)

2nd best 4th place for wilks in russia

PLuto
21st November 2009, 15:33
But I think that A.McRae isnt so good driver as Wilks...

bluuford
21st November 2009, 16:01
If I should be steward, I will give time of Armstrong to McRae, Greer, Wilks and Meeke. And time of Koitla to all other drivers.

Well, the stewards have come up with completely interesting solution. In IRC standings Koitla has the fastest time and all the others got Bollands time. In overall classifications Subaru first, Honda second, Bolland third and everybody else sharing his time. But points on IRC official site have been calculated completely wrong :-)

Barreis
21st November 2009, 16:07

A.McRae was works driver at Hyundai, Mitsubishi, VW, Subaru..

Simmi
21st November 2009, 16:14
A.McRae was works driver at Hyundai, Mitsubishi, VW, Subaru..

I'm not doubting the quality of Alistair. But we are comparing two different eras in rallying. McRae was competing when there was a drivers market with plenty of opportunity and available seats.

I think Wilks would have also had these same high profile contracts had he been driving in the 90's. As it is he is fighting over scraps and piecing deals together.

Barreis
21st November 2009, 16:18
That's his problem..

Simmi
21st November 2009, 16:33
That's his problem..

Hmm.

The only thing you can say is he should have beaten PG in equal machinery in the JWRC for Suzuki. But he came damn close.

Other than that. He's not a millionaire. His father isn't running a WRC team and he was born in the UK - 10 years too late. But obviously that all could have been avoided.

Barreis
21st November 2009, 16:38
These days You must be a rich man to be in this sport.. Who didn't have money? Seb.Loeb. Who else? Meeke had Colin McRae who paid also testing in most rough place in France when he was driving corsa S1600..

Mirek
21st November 2009, 16:38
That's his problem..

No, that isn't. Current situation with driver's chances compared to years before is not mistake of drivers. They are not the ones to blame.

Barreis
21st November 2009, 16:40
Then they should pay and drive..

Simmi
21st November 2009, 16:49
These days You must be a rich man to be in this sport.. Who didn't have money? Seb.Loeb. Who else? Meeke had Colin McRae who paid also testing in most rough place in France when he was driving corsa S1600..

Please. Seb Loeb wasn't independently wealthy but he was backed by the FFSA and had a Citroen contract almost from the word go. It suited them to bring a French driver through the ranks.

No one in the UK funds drivers in this way. At least think before you start trolling.

Barreis
21st November 2009, 16:50
Seb.Loeb rules.. :)

cali
21st November 2009, 17:30
This discussion is getting rather stupid ...

J.Lindstroem
21st November 2009, 17:37
This discussion is getting rather stupid ...

Someone has some problems to see that things arnt just black or white... =)

ste898
21st November 2009, 17:42

McRae is as good as Wilks but without wilks arrogance!!!!

I would pick McRae any day over Wilks

J4MIE
21st November 2009, 19:18
Thought it was a really good event, boooo to all you moaners out there.

Beautiful stages, everyone friendly, lovely weather and getting covered in mud, what more could you ask for? :D

Does anyone know where I could download the live broadcasts? Would like to see! Very impressed by the helicopter pilot in Loch Ard this morning, he was following Kris around about 20-30ft from the ground and past the trees, stunning and great to watch!! Was a real shame that the last stage was cancelled though :(

Can't wait for it next year, I'm sure the organisers will pick up on the little things that could be improved and I'll certainly try to give them some positive feedback :up:

J4MIE
21st November 2009, 19:20
Also forgot to mention the Fiesta, both sounded and looked awesome and very quick!! And the flames coming out the back in the dark.......yes please!! :) :up:

Juha_Koo
21st November 2009, 19:46
These days You must be a rich man to be in this sport.. Who didn't have money? Seb.Loeb.

Loeb didn't have money but quickly made contacs with people like Dominique Heinz and Jean-Pierre Champeau who helped Loeb both with their own business contacs as well their money.

Your conception of Loeb making his way to the top without lots of money is false.

Barreis
21st November 2009, 20:06
http://www.rallybuzz.com/meeke-dedicates-win-to-mcrae/

J4MIE
21st November 2009, 20:43
Few pics from Friday:

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13533_335608135611_529115611_9986809_4758542_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_335608145611_529115611_9986811_8331223_n.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_335608155611_529115611_9986813_2369085_n.jpg

J4MIE
21st November 2009, 20:45
Friday again:

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_335608200611_529115611_9986818_1204299_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13533_335608210611_529115611_9986820_6282146_n.jpg

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13533_335608230611_529115611_9986823_267020_n.jpg

J4MIE
21st November 2009, 20:47
Saturday:

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_335608285611_529115611_9986832_5289743_n.jpg

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_335608290611_529115611_9986833_4968884_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_335608245611_529115611_9986826_2921524_n.jpg

J4MIE
21st November 2009, 20:49
Saturday again:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13533_335608310611_529115611_9986836_1954957_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_335608325611_529115611_9986839_1125898_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_335608280611_529115611_9986831_2180063_n.jpg

Barreis
21st November 2009, 20:51
I like the photos..

RS
21st November 2009, 20:56
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs048.snc3/13533_335608285611_529115611_9986832_5289743_n.jpg

Hmm, I think Fiesta is best viewed from the front!

Nice photos though :up:

J4MIE
21st November 2009, 20:58
You can see from that pic that although he was driving quickly he was not taking any risks at all, if he had he would've gone a lot faster I guess.

cut the b.s.
21st November 2009, 21:03
That's his problem..

you are totally wrong, this is the sports problem

Luis Pacheco
21st November 2009, 21:05
Friday again:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs068.snc3/13533_335608230611_529115611_9986823_267020_n.jpg

Great pic! :eek:

J4MIE
21st November 2009, 21:17
It was sunny for the first 2-3 cars, then dark and rain for most of them, then sunny again for the last 8-10 or so..... not happy!!!! :p :

cut the b.s.
21st November 2009, 21:23
Looks to have been a great event, stages looked stunning, hope the entry is better next year, this event deserves more support than it got this year.

Great drive by Meeke also, and I hope Wilks can sort a deal for next year, no disrespect to Hanninen/Kopecky/Loix/Dodo etc but I think the top 2 on this event would have been the same even with a full IRC entry, reminded me a bit of RAC rallys of the mid 90s in that respect

Been loving Meekes interview style all year, comes across as a genuine guy, loving what he is doing. I know english is his 1st language and gives him an advantage but he interviews better than any WRC or F1 stars IMHO

katxal
21st November 2009, 21:43
anyone could tell me keith cronin reg plate?thanks!

J4MIE
21st November 2009, 21:47
anyone could tell me keith cronin reg plate?thanks!

DL 641WX :)

Mirek
21st November 2009, 21:48
Looks to have been a great event, stages looked stunning, hope the entry is better next year, this event deserves more support than it got this year.

Great drive by Meeke also, and I hope Wilks can sort a deal for next year, no disrespect to Hanninen/Kopecky/Loix/Dodo etc but I think the top 2 on this event would have been the same even with a full IRC entry, reminded me a bit of RAC rallys of the mid 90s in that respect

Been loving Meekes interview style all year, comes across as a genuine guy, loving what he is doing. I know english is his 1st language and gives him an advantage but he interviews better than any WRC or F1 stars IMHO

First off all I think that Hänninen would be very strong opponent to Meeke, Kopecky and Loix probably not.

And second and worse thing is that Meeke's car is under steward's investigation. It's said that front cross member of the car might have been under minimal homologation weight...

noel157
21st November 2009, 21:55
It's not over yet, Meeke's car under investigation:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80285

Juha_Koo
21st November 2009, 22:00
]First off all I think that Hänninen would be very strong opponent to Meeke, Kopecky and Loix probably not.

Agreed. Hänninen would have been a very tough opponent, my favourite to win if he'd been taking part.

It's not over yet, Meeke's car under investigation:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80285

"Meeke's car under investigation......In association with PEUGEOT"

A genuine burst of laugh. :D

katxal
21st November 2009, 22:57
DL 641WX :)

Thanks J4mie!and good pics!

Hipo1990
21st November 2009, 23:58
http://2009scaday2.rallybel.be/#430.0 Day 2 photos

and some more http://www.flickr.com/photos/vulcan/sets/72157622843736936

farquar wrc
22nd November 2009, 12:03
McRae is as good as Wilks but without wilks arrogance!!!!

I would pick McRae any day over Wilks
Totally agree ste,anybody that seen the rally would have seen how hard Alister was pushing,he was by far the pushing hardest all weekend,but the car is nowhere near the pace of the Pugs and Skoda,if he had Wilks's car,he would have walked the event

RS
22nd November 2009, 14:29
Don't know if somebody posted this before but Rally of Scotland Highlights programme to be shown on Sunday 6th December at 13:15 on BBC Two!

Sulland
22nd November 2009, 15:18
Uppers:
Fight btw the two top dogs
Helicopter pilot !!
Live coverage (to much inboard though)
Scenery and stages !!!
S2000 Fiesta works well
Skoda UK involvement

Downers:
Startlist (but that is explainable

fastboy
22nd November 2009, 18:04
Here is a link to my short video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU4STjLjWf4

RJM
22nd November 2009, 18:16
Totally agree ste,anybody that seen the rally would have seen how hard Alister was pushing,he was by far the pushing hardest all weekend,but the car is nowhere near the pace of the Pugs and Skoda,if he had Wilks's car,he would have walked the event

I also agree, on all the stages i was most impressed by mcrae, i thought he was the most sideways but also very smooth.

Buzz Lightyear
22nd November 2009, 20:44

walked it? dont think so... Alister was a little too sideways

macksrallye
23rd November 2009, 02:26
I think Alister's problem is that fact that he has had very little competition time (particularly top level competition) in the last couple of years. Guy & Kris have been driving S2000 cars all year where as Alister has only done 2 events, in APRC too (Indonesia & Malaysia) so nothing like the flowing roads in Scotland either. Given all of this I'd say that he & the cars performance was very good & the car will develop quicker (& possibly better) with Alister doing the development rather than Guy.

Being in Australia I have never seen the Eurosport live coverage but we recently got the Eurosport channel so I got to see it this weekend. I think it would be quite easy to make the coverage better. Pick a "split" in the stage and set up a couple of camera's on the ground at the split as well as at the start & finish of the stage. Follow the cars via in-car/helicopter up to the split change to ground then once through split move onto next car. Make sure you get the cars going through the finish & find someone that can speak more than 3 words to "interview" the drivers at stop control. Any incidents in the stage you would have to work around but it's live & that's how it will always be. Having said that I think a 15-20min round-up before the final stage would be good too.

Hartusvuori
23rd November 2009, 10:03

What was the source for this? Zero cars' times aren't usually given out, right?

Buzz Lightyear
23rd November 2009, 11:34

I agree. The guy is just oozing flare and determination. The Peugoet podcasts are excellent, especially last weekend. What surprises me is how clear and precise his focus, and interviewing, is at the end of a stage.

He seems to be able to raise his game on-demand, and select his stages to demoralise the opposition. I think Meeke is ready to take on anyone.

Mirek
23rd November 2009, 11:59
What was the source for this? Zero cars' times aren't usually given out, right?

That doesn't mean they can't be measured ;)

Buzz Lightyear
23rd November 2009, 12:04
]That doesn't mean they can't be measured ;)

Just looking through Meeke's blog. I think this where it came from. http://blog.krismeeke.com/2009/11/ss8-achray-1/

Hartusvuori
23rd November 2009, 12:38
Just looking through Meeke's blog. I think this where it came from. http://blog.krismeeke.com/2009/11/ss8-achray-1/

Thanks Buzz! Kris' blog is often a good source for interesting details. I have it on my bookmarks, just didn't go through this time since I couldn't follow Scotland in real time.

Would be nice to know Wilson's time for other stages as well. Running as a zero car and loosing little more than 1 sec/km to Meeke indicates that - if not a winning car yet - Ford have a good base to continue their work for Fiesta S2000.

J4MIE
23rd November 2009, 15:17
SS3 time for Wilson
Start time 08:41:00.0
Finish Time 08:57:42.7
= 16:42.7

Simmi
23rd November 2009, 15:22
SS3 time for Wilson

That time would have put him 30th on the stage so he must have taken it easy. Which stage did he say he had problems with the heated screen? Might have been this one.

Meeke ran an 11:09.5 on SS3.

Simmi
23rd November 2009, 15:34
Farcial stuff but looks like the results of the rally will now have to wait until Thursday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80320

Says that they have measured the weight of the cross member three times and each time it has given a different reading. So they have to send out working scales to complete the job. Slow clap for all involved.

GTA
23rd November 2009, 15:46
Farcial stuff but looks like the results of the rally will now have to wait until Thursday.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80320

Says that they have measured the weight of the cross member three times and each time it has given a different reading. So they have to send out working scales to complete the job. Slow clap for all involved.

This start to stink a little bit to much and is absolutely unaceptable.... are there no scales availeble in the UK / Scotland..to make a correct reading....
FIA Rules are for everybody... if its out of the tollerance then you are excluded.. its simple..

RS
23rd November 2009, 15:59
If the same set of scales measured the item differently three times then we must be looking at a pretty small error.

I guess for RGRS it would be nice to get a win back in this way after losing one in Wales but I am sure the team and Guy would have rather won it on the stages!

Regarding the Fiesta's pace, it is virtually impossible to draw any conclusions until we see it on Monte (and then only if a good driver who is behind the wheel who we know is an IRC frontrunner) Even with recorded times Wilson could have slowed down on the stage, he might not be running at 100% of his capabilities and of course we don't know exactly how much slower he is than the IRC frontrunners. It would have been better to use someone like Gardemeister maybe who has at least driven a couple of other rival S2000s and should stack up better against the IRC regulars.

GTA
23rd November 2009, 16:05
If the same set of scales measured the item differently three times then we must be looking at a pretty small error.

I guess for RGRS it would be nice to get a win back in this way after losing one in Wales but I am sure the team and Guy would have rather won it on the stages!

Yes Correct.. we prefer to win it on the stages, but this is a matter of respecting the Rules made by the FIA and Homologation documents with measurements that have to be accepted... by everybody..

Buzz Lightyear
23rd November 2009, 16:27
Yes Correct.. we prefer to win it on the stages, but this is a matter of respecting the Rules made by the FIA and Homologation documents with measurements that have to be accepted... by everybody..

Nobody is sugguesting otherwise. But the scales are giving 3 different reading, and it appears very close to tolerance levels, then it think its in everyone interest to make to correct decision.

RS
23rd November 2009, 16:59
Split times on the final stage showed Guy was 5-6 seconds up 1/3rd of the way through, it would have been close! Info from this article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article6927687.ece

Kris' comments about weight irregularities: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80322

Buzz Lightyear
23rd November 2009, 17:06
Split times on the final stage showed Guy was 5-6 seconds up 1/3rd of the way through, it would have been close! Info from this article: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/more_sport/article6927687.ece

Kris' comments about weight irregularities: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80322

For Meeke to take 9s off him earlier, and then to get beaten by 20+ seconds on the next run.... In your dreams Guy.

RS
23rd November 2009, 17:15
For Meeke to take 9s off him earlier, and then to get beaten by 20+ seconds on the next run.... In your dreams Guy.

The quote isn't from Guy. Guy did look quicker on the final stage (I guess Kris was driving more cautiously) but I would be surprised if Guy would have ended on top. Still, real shame we didn't get to see. That is where live tv works really well (if they show accurate split times and enough of them)

Mirek
23rd November 2009, 17:18
During the first run Guy was also faster on first TV split but slower in finish. I don't remember first TV split of second run though...

cali
23rd November 2009, 17:53
But you could clearly see that Guy was pushing harder on the last stage, Kris somehow was driving on safety mode. So I am not surprised if Guy was 5-6 sec ahead, but we never know what would've happened, cause the stage was finally cancelled.

Buzz Lightyear
23rd November 2009, 18:07
But you could clearly see that Guy was pushing harder on the last stage, Kris somehow was driving on safety mode. So I am not surprised if Guy was 5-6 sec ahead, but we never know what would've happened, cause the stage was finally cancelled.

Where did this 6s come from? I have watched the live footage on Eurosport, OK, it not an exact science, but its only 2 seconds, and the last available point of comparison.

The quote isn't from Guy. Guy did look quicker on the final stage (I guess Kris was driving more cautiously) but I would be surprised if Guy would have ended on top. Still, real shame we didn't get to see. That is where live tv works really well (if they show accurate split times and enough of them)

With Meeke in his current form, Wilks would never take 20s a stage of Meeke.. its a wet dream.

cali
23rd November 2009, 18:13
Where did this 6s come from? I have watched the live footage on Eurosport, OK, it not an exact science, but its only 2 seconds, and the last available point of comparison.

With Meeke in his current form, Wilks would never take 20s a stage of Meeke.. its a wet dream.
Like I said, I'm not surprised IF he was 5-6 sec ahead at the point where the stage was cancelled. Guy was attacking more, that was visible, but in the same hand I have no doubt that Kris would not have lost his 20 sec lead. IMHO he is more mature as a driver than Wilks and also has more natural speed.

HaCo
23rd November 2009, 19:26
Something I don't understand that of all the video's I've seen, not even one place I reckognized (except Scone Palace). We did a lot of stages and spectator points were limited, does this mean other places than spectator points are accesible as well? :)

wwbroe
23rd November 2009, 21:14
Something I don't understand that of all the video's I've seen, not even one place I reckognized (except Scone Palace). We did a lot of stages and spectator points were limited, does this mean other places than spectator points are accesible as well? :)

Yes Haco, we did 11 out of 13 stages, and were only on spectatorpoints on Scone Palace stage, all the other stages we were on different points. If you are interested in those accesses, you can send me PM. ;)

Mirek
23rd November 2009, 21:19
SS3 time for Wilson

Are You sure about the start time? It's 9 minutes before Alister, seems to much to me...

Simmi
23rd November 2009, 22:17
]Are You sure about the start time? It's 9 minutes before Alister, seems to much to me...

I seem to remember in the broadcast Matty finishing just after Alister had started. So that would seem to indicate a large gap.

J4MIE
23rd November 2009, 22:45
I'm not 100% sure about the start time, it was only when they siad the finish time on radio that I thought I could work out how fast he was........ probably completely wrong ;) And I did leave my radio in the forest so somebody got a nice present....bet that marshal took it :mad:

But generally the 0 car starts 10 minutes before first car on the road, that's what I tried to get to the stages for and worked every time :)

Mirek
23rd November 2009, 22:59
I seem to remember in the broadcast Matty finishing just after Alister had started. So that would seem to indicate a large gap.

That's not possible, Matt finished 4:29 before Alister's arival. I'm sure about that ;) I only missed Matt's start...

wwbroe
24th November 2009, 06:51
]That's not possible, Matt finished 4:29 before Alister's arival. I'm sure about that ;) I only missed Matt's start...

The times that i could clock on the stages, seems to prove that Wilson started generally five minutes ahead of first car. That was so on both of the days, and with his times in mind i think he would have finished fourth overall. :)

farquar wrc
24th November 2009, 08:52

We had Kris 1 sec up on the last stage after a marker about 7 mins in,so if he dropped 6-7 secs it was because he was instructed to slow because of Bogie's roll

noel157
24th November 2009, 09:42
We had Kris 1 sec up on the last stage after a marker about 7 mins in,so if he dropped 6-7 secs it was because he was instructed to slow because of Bogie's roll

Kronos had the car 2 secs up but all academic now.

HaCo
24th November 2009, 17:42
I'm justwatching live coverage of eurosport and I'm surprised to see a subaru logo!

RS
24th November 2009, 17:46
I'm justwatching live coverage of eurosport and I'm surprised to see a subaru logo!

I think they are definitely in for next year, maybe they give them an early present :)

TheFlyingTuga
24th November 2009, 18:40
The speaker of Portuguese Eurosport said that Subaru had signed with Eurosport, and will be getting the fight to "Ralliart" next year! He said on Saturday, that the press release about that will come in a few days, but Eurosport show the cars already!

Cheers

karlzoro
25th November 2009, 10:01
Hi guys,

after the Fiesta S2000 video, the video of the other drivers is now also online:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix9azOFZzwE

I hope you enjoy,
K

RS
25th November 2009, 10:36
Hi guys,

after the Fiesta S2000 video, the video of the other drivers is now also online:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix9azOFZzwE

I hope you enjoy,
K

Nice, thanks.

I had forgotten the Corsa was running!

bluuford
25th November 2009, 12:31

It was there because the coverage was mostly compiled by rally organizers.

PLuto
26th November 2009, 15:53
Subaru will be in IRC next year for sure, I was writing it many times...

HaCo
26th November 2009, 16:16
So, who wins Scotland 2009?

RS
26th November 2009, 16:25
So, who wins Scotland 2009?

http://www.rallyscotland.tv/downloads/Stewards_Decision_2.6.pdf

Simmi
26th November 2009, 16:33
That's a shame.

RS
26th November 2009, 16:47
Good job this was not the title decider...

Macd
26th November 2009, 18:09
Far to much bureaucracy in rallying these days.

wwbroe
26th November 2009, 18:42
So, it looks like Wilks, Skoda and RGRS are the new winners of the Scottish Rally 2009. After the exclusion in the RAC Rally this is a nice revenge. :D

Simmi
26th November 2009, 18:54
It would be interesting to know just how underweight the part was. It's a shame when it's a parts issue that the team nor the manufacturer don't spot.

Especially when it is something (like Ford's rear windows) that makes no difference on the stages.

GTA
26th November 2009, 18:55
So, it looks like Wilks, Skoda and RGRS are the new winners of the Scottish Rally 2009. After the exclusion in the RAC Rally this is a nice revenge. :D

;)

Ondra WRC
26th November 2009, 19:09
http://www.rallyscotland.tv/downloads/Stewards_Decision_2.6.pdf

Sulland
26th November 2009, 19:47
Too many irregularities with S2000 cars lately.

What was the real issue with the 207 ? Was the part too light ?

For private drivers spending own budget an issue like this has big impacts.
You have be able to trust the car you buy or rent - simple as that !

wwbroe
26th November 2009, 20:26
It would be interesting to know just how underweight the part was. It's a shame when it's a parts issue that the team nor the manufacturer don't spot.

Especially when it is something (like Ford's rear windows) that makes no difference on the stages.

It seems the part was about 150 grams too light. :D

Buzz Lightyear
26th November 2009, 21:18
Big deal... Meeke is big enough to rise above this. The car was 20kg over weight and he still whipped their asses. Skoda will need all the horse power and wide track they can muster, with MSport threatening to bring in the big guns for Monte.....Roll on 2010.

Mirek
26th November 2009, 21:59
The car was 20kg over weight and he still whipped their asses.

First there was only one another factory car there - Alister McRae. All the rest were private cars. And You know what that means ;)

Second thing... it's a bit strange when factory Peugeot is heavier while it's only 3D compared to private Skoda with 5D body (the only another 5D is Corolla/Auris)...

Buzz Lightyear
26th November 2009, 22:05
]First there was only one another factory car there - Alister McRae. All the rest were private cars. And You know what that means ;)

Second thing... it's a bit strange when factory Peugeot is heavier while it's only 3D compared to private Skoda with 5D body (the only another 5D is Corolla/Auris)...

Kronos is no more factory than RGS is?
The facts are car was 20kg over the weight limit. Take from that what you will.. 3 door, 5 door, or forklift truck.
So your telling me Wilks didnt get a car good enough to challenage for victory? OK..

Juha_Koo
26th November 2009, 22:09
Far to much bureaucracy in rallying these days.

There hasn't been rules in rallying in the past? Obey the rules and you don't have to deal with the bureaucracy. Pretty simple.

Did the 150 grams have any effect? Most probably not. But rules are rules.

Buzz Lightyear
26th November 2009, 22:11
There hasn't been rules in rallying in the past? Obey the rules and you don't have to deal with the bureaucracy. Pretty simple.

I dont think anybody is arguing with that, its more the punishment. For example, Citroen got a 1 minute penalty, for something that was a more serious enfringment.

Simmi
26th November 2009, 22:22
I hope something good will come out of this. Like someone will stick their head around the door of Mr. Skoda UK's office and say "Hey we won that rally".

And that might be the spur he needs to put pen to paper on a deal for Guy next year.

Mirek
26th November 2009, 22:35
Kronos is no more factory than RGS is?
The facts are car was 20kg over the weight limit. Take from that what you will.. 3 door, 5 door, or forklift truck.
So your telling me Wilks didnt get a car good enough to challenage for victory? OK..

Of course, Kronos use works specs. car. RGRS is normal private team.

I don't want to tell anything more than the fact that factory car is factory car and that is step further everytime regardless it's manufacturer, type or class.

Those 20 kg... It was nothing against Kris (I consider him faster than anyone else in Scotland). I just wonder how is it possible...

bluuford
26th November 2009, 23:25
Good decision. I hope they keep same kind of policy in WRC as well. Every proved technical infringement should led to exclusion. It has been like that most of the time and they should leave it like that in the future.

Rally Hokkaido
26th November 2009, 23:43

I agree. Once upon a time if your car didn't conform at post-event scrutineering the Steward's decision would be disqualification. More importantly, all competitors knew this to be fact. Of course, there are sometimes special circumstances, then and now, which the Stewards take into account when making their judgement.
However, lately it seems to me that, armed with a room full of experts, teams can often convince the Stewards that it was an 'administrative error that gave no advantage' and receive a wide range of lesser penalties.
Unless present at the hearing we can't question the decision in this case or the other recent well-known ones. What concerns me more is the message these 'lesser penalty' judgements sends to other race/rally competitors at all
levels!

Simmi
26th November 2009, 23:48
Few quotes from Peugeot and Mrs. Skoda UK:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80347

Peugeot aren't going to appeal. They don't think any performance was gained from the lighter part - as others have said the car was actually overweight.