PDA

View Full Version : a great read....

SarahFan
6th April 2009, 23:26
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/miller-a-win-for-wilson

I think Briscoe is the guy to beat for the championship.... but found myself rooting for wilson yesterday

heck of a run

Hoop-98
7th April 2009, 01:37

I think Briscoe is the guy to beat for the championship.... but found myself rooting for wilson yesterday

heck of a run

Might be time to let the past go and enjoy the future eh,, I remember feeling like that in 85 when I got over that CART thing....

rh

F1boat
7th April 2009, 07:20
I always support Wheldon and I was very frustrated when some moron took him out. But I like Briscoe and I wish best luck to him and the Captain ;)

RJL25
7th April 2009, 10:36
It would be awesome if Bricky could have a "break out" season and dominate the indycars and then cap the fairytale with FINALLY getting his call up to F1! He was first in line for a Toyota F1 drive for about 3 years but guys with more money (and the schumacher surname) kept being promoted over the top of him, he deserves a go!

bzcam
7th April 2009, 17:24

heck of a run

Here's what I say...anyone but Penske, Ganassi or AGR...anyone.

I would really like to see the series open up and see some of the good drivers on the 'lesser' teams get a few wins. Meira is overdue, RHR had one last year and could get more, Carpenter has flashes of brilliance (on ovals anyway), when Scheckter is fast he's fast, and of course there's Wilson and Rahal. Road courses seem to be the great equilizer so how about a few more of those too. Will Indycar have its own Jensen Button this year? Let's hope.

Here's to hoping for a balanced season and a few wins by the also-rans....

BZ

Marbles
9th April 2009, 21:14
I didn't follow Indy over the off-season but I was surprised by a few things at the start of this season. One was that PT is still without a ride, for whatever reason, and the other one that flabbergasted me was that Wilson got cut and was hunting for a ride! Why?

Picking up Wilson had to be one of the easiest decisions Coyne has had to make in his career. A no-brainer as far as I'm concerned. Coyne and Wilson! I'll be definitely rootin' for this combo. Awesome story if they can pull it off.

Mark in Oshawa
9th April 2009, 23:15
I would love to see Wilson win a few races and allow Dale Coyne to climb on to a podium or two. No one has done more with less in this sport than Dale Coyne and he has come a LONG way from his little stock block against the turbo's way back in 1988.

ozrevhead
9th April 2009, 23:28
I would love to see Wilson win a few races and allow Dale Coyne to climb on to a podium or two. No one has done more with less in this sport than Dale Coyne and he has come a LONG way from his little stock block against the turbo's way back in 1988.
It would be great to see Dale get a podium or two :)

I think I would cry if Ryan B was to win the championship :D It has been so fustrating seeing him do well in one catigory for a year only having to move to another the next because of whatever.... maily lack of sponsorship $$$$$ (my motorsport nut mate nickednamed him the travelling willbury(sp) :p )

It got to the point where I didnt know wheather to laugh or to cry (I was ready to tear my hair out in anycase)!!!!

Penske is the only team hes got a regular drive in (aka more than one season) - now he gets to show his true tallent :D

Mark in Oshawa
10th April 2009, 00:14
Oz...before the year is out I think Penske might wish he had Justin Wilson behind the wheel......He is THAT good.

ozrevhead
10th April 2009, 00:18
so is Ryan....... lets wait and see how the Season pans out shall we?