PDA

View Full Version : Donkey of the race

Daniel
5th April 2009, 11:00
The idiot who thought to race in Malaysia in the late afternoon

AndyRAC
5th April 2009, 11:13
Erm, that is probably one Bernard Charles.......

Daniel
5th April 2009, 11:14
I know :p

Dave B
5th April 2009, 11:14
+1.

Bernie, definately. This was entirely predictable, and far from providing a better race for us European viewers this decision has ruined it for everybody.

Tumbo
5th April 2009, 11:17
second place must be awarded to the ferrari strategists - not a good weekend for them which didn't get any better w/ their pre-emptive decision to change Kimi's tyres

UltimateDanGTR
5th April 2009, 11:26
Bernie is definatly donkey of the race.

and he did a rubbish interview with Eddie Jordan on BBC what a.............

ShiftingGears
5th April 2009, 11:28
Bernie. And then the Ferrari strategists.

F1boat
5th April 2009, 11:34

So true.

DexDexter
5th April 2009, 11:35
Erm, that is probably one Bernard Charles.......

Spot on.

dj_bytedisaster
5th April 2009, 11:35
Donkey of the race - the midget, no contest.

yodasarmpit
5th April 2009, 11:38
I know the midget is a powerful man, but even he can't control the weather.
The GP2 race was hit with similar weather earlier in the day holding the race up for 30 minutes.

Donkey is the person who decided to put full wets on Kimi's car.

dj_bytedisaster
5th April 2009, 11:39
I know the midget is a powerful man, but even he can't control the weather.
The GP2 race was hit with similar weather earlier in the day holding the race up for 30 minutes.

Donkey is the person who decided to put full wets on Kimi's car.

It's not about the weather, its about pushing it so far back into the evening. Even if it stops raining, there'll be no time for a restart because it'll go dark.

yodasarmpit
5th April 2009, 11:43
It's not about the weather, its about pushing it so far back into the evening. Even if it stops raining, there'll be no time for a restart because it'll go dark.
If the rain were to stop there would be enough light, only the heavy cloud cover and the rain are causing visibility issues.
This could have happened regardless of what time the race was held.

Bernie's an easy target based on some of his decisions, but this time people are just jumping on the bandwagon.

DexDexter
5th April 2009, 11:48
If the rain were to stop there would be enough light, only the heavy cloud cover and the rain are causing visibility issues.
This could have happened regardless of what time the race was held.

Bernie's an easy target based on some of his decisions, but this time people are just jumping on the bandwagon.

If they had started at the normal time, they could have waited for quite long, now the sunset is minutes away.

yodasarmpit
5th April 2009, 11:49
If they had started at the normal time, they could easily wait for quite long, now the sunset is minutes away.Doesn't matter, you only get 2 hours from start to finish regardless.

Ranger
5th April 2009, 11:50
No contest, Bernie.

Garry Walker
5th April 2009, 11:51
Bernie
Ferrari.

DexDexter
5th April 2009, 11:54
Doesn't matter, you only get 2 hours from start to finish regardless.

But they stopped the "race" clock

wedge
5th April 2009, 11:54
Donkey of the race = Ferrari strategists

yodasarmpit
5th April 2009, 11:57
But they stopped the "race" clock
It was still running with ten minutes to go, wasn't aware it had stopped after that.
Normal rules are that the clock remains ticking.

Daniel
5th April 2009, 12:00
Lewis thinks he's in 5th. Liar! Ban him! :p

VkmSpouge
5th April 2009, 12:01

I completely agree.

Special mentions to Heikki Kovalainen for failing to complete a racing lap again and whoever brought Kimi Raikkonen in to change to wet tyres several laps before it rained.

Daniel
5th April 2009, 12:02
I reckon Heikki had a problem

Ranger
5th April 2009, 12:10
I reckon Heikki had a problem

He was on the marbles out wide.

Looked like an error to me.

Daniel
5th April 2009, 12:11
but the car snapped wildly away

DexDexter
5th April 2009, 12:12

He said it was his own mistake.

Ranger
5th April 2009, 12:14

Looked like way too much correction to me.

It happened to me a lot when I played GT4. :D

ozrevhead
5th April 2009, 12:16
2nd

also dis-honorable mentiones to Ferrai's stratagist (sp) and RB for making mark pit when he did - he would of been podium if he stayed out for an extra lap :(

wedge
5th April 2009, 12:17
Looked a bit like trying too hard on cold tyres

ShiftingGears
5th April 2009, 12:17
also dis-honorable mentiones to Ferrai's stratagist (sp) and RB for making mark pit when he did - he would of been podium if he stayed out for an extra lap :(

Marks pit timing was unlucky. The tyre decision for Kimis car was just stupid. Big difference.

donKey jote
5th April 2009, 12:20
Alonso for taking the long route to pits - he'd have been on podium if if if

superocean
5th April 2009, 13:21
donkey is Bernie; KL also has reallly really heavy rains so even if it rained, they'd need time to dry the course with a sponge or something, it would not just evaporate within minuets. If the rain stopped, they'd need more time to restart and dry the track but by then, the sun would be setting and in the eye of the drivers down the front straight. As it was, the glare in the drivers eye was bad. Watch jenson or rubens stop near the end of the race and you'll see what I mean.

2nd donkey -Ferrari's Tire decision maker. OK let's say it will rain and you are taking a chance of taking them on BEFORE it starts so knowing it's a gamble, shouldn't you take on inters instead? When the rain hits, on inters you'd be able to run faster than anyone on the drys and by the time the drivers changed to the inters or wets, kimi could have opened up a lead and made enough time up to go in for full wets if it demanded it and be way ahead of those who took the inters and also need to stop for full wets. I'm tired and annoyed as hell so i'm not sure if i'm coherent but hope you get that idea.
Full wets slowed kimi by more than 25 seconds a lap, so he could have gotten a few more laps on the dry then came in for wets and could have been the same position. 5 laps on full wets at 2.19 when others are running in 1:39s is not going to help you win a race.

ioan
5th April 2009, 13:23

I agree.

markabilly
5th April 2009, 13:25
2nd donkey -Ferrari's Tire decision maker. OK let's say it will rain and you are taking a chance of taking them on BEFORE it starts so knowing it's a gamble, shouldn't you take on inters instead? When the rain hits, on inters you'd be able to run faster than anyone on the drys and by the time the drivers changed to the inters or wets, kimi could have opened up a lead and made enough time up to go in for full wets if it demanded it and be way ahead of those who took the inters and also need to stop for full wets. I'm tired and annoyed as hell so i'm not sure if i'm coherent but hope you get that idea.
Full wets slowed kimi by more than 25 seconds a lap, so he could have gotten a few more laps on the dry then came in for wets and could have been the same position. 5 laps on full wets at 2.19 when others are running in 1:39s is not going to help you win a race.

I was going to vote for God, but since bernei thinks he is.......
As to tyre choice, well do NOT be so hard on him.....it is the same guy at Spa who waited until Kimi got stuck in the mud, so he decided he was just taking no chances this year........ :rolleyes:

Robinho
5th April 2009, 13:28
Bernie, the little t**t

honourable mention to the Ferrari strategist/weather forecaster who spotted rain about 10 laps before it was actually there and screwed Kimi - what were they thinking, they were already in the points?

averyone else had a pretty decent race i thought

V12
5th April 2009, 13:41

Seconded. And Australia for that matter...

pettersolberg29
5th April 2009, 14:12
As for drivers - Kovalainen deserves ANOTHER mention! Spinning off on the first lap for no real reason - nice...

DexDexter
5th April 2009, 14:46
Another donkey of the race is the whole Malesian GP, bad crowd, bad conditions.

ioan
5th April 2009, 14:59
Another donkey of the race is the whole Malesian GP, bad crowd, bad conditions.

That's way too harsh on people who paid to watch a race that was put to the wrong time by mophead.

52Paddy
5th April 2009, 15:18
I agree about Bernie's bad decision to run the race in the late afternoon. As do I agree about the bad Ferrari strategy for Kimi and Heikki's exit from the race on lap 1.

Personally myself, I thought the Toro Rossos were disastrous. Neither driver seemed to warm to the conditions, unsurprisingly. I've yet to find a list of lap times from the race, so its difficult to judge the performance of some 'out of the eye' drivers. But Nakajima was trundling around midfield, out of sight, while Rosberg was opening the gap at the front. And Piquet didn't seem to progress through the field, when Alonso was making his way from 9th towards the podium positions.

ioan
5th April 2009, 16:16
And Piquet didn't seem to progress through the field, when Alonso was making his way from 9th towards the podium positions.

Alonso did go only backwards after the start.

Tazio
5th April 2009, 16:19
The idiot who thought to race in Malaysia in the late afternoonBernie's greedy careless @$$. Easy choice here! :mad:

jens
5th April 2009, 16:20
Bernie and Ferrari are the two standouts indeed.

As for drivers... Considering that Kovalainen has been mentioned here a few times, I have to admit that his start into the season is quite reminiscent of Andretti's in 1993 - constant crashes on the opening laps. If such trend continues, Heikki's F1 career may not last much further than 2009... Shame, considering that in qualifying he is about as quick as Hamilton himself.

goodf1fun
5th April 2009, 18:32
BIG DONKEY OF THE RACE IS: FERRARI

THE SMARTER IS: KIMI..WHY? Because he come out of the car, have a shower, have an ice cream, a coke while other drivers stay out in the rain.. COOL KIMI!!! :p

Tazio
5th April 2009, 18:41
Bernie's dumb @ss

markabilly
5th April 2009, 19:18
BIG DONKEY OF THE RACE IS: FERRARI

THE SMARTER IS: KIMI..WHY? Because he come out of the car, have a shower, have an ice cream, a coke while other drivers stay out in the rain.. COOL KIMI!!! :p
My bet is that he would not have been doing that, if Todt, Brawn, Flavio, (name many others here) even Vijay Mallya of force India, was running the team

DexDexter
5th April 2009, 20:33
My bet is that he would not have been doing that, if Todt, Brawn, Flavio, (name many others here) even Vijay Mallya of force India, was running the team

For the 10th time, he had a KERS problem. Kimi doesn't park cars, everybody knows that.

markabilly
5th April 2009, 20:49
For the 10th time, he had a KERS problem. Kimi doesn't park cars, everybody knows that.
Right, oh yeah right.....good as excuse as any... :rolleyes:

don't call him the ice man for nothing, maybe a new name might be appropriate like "Icecreamman"
Eating it while all of his team is out in rain, while Massa has a meltdown over his visor, while his hand holder assures him "baby"

52Paddy
5th April 2009, 20:58

No, I'd say he'd still do it. But probably get a slap on the wrist.

SGWilko
5th April 2009, 20:58
Right, oh yeah right.....good as excuse as any... :rolleyes:

don't call him the ice man for nothing, maybe a new name might be appropriate like "Icecreamman"
Eating it while all of his team is out in rain, while Massa has a meltdown over his advsor, while his hand holder assures him "baby"

Ice, Ice, Baby........

If I were Kimi, I'd have gone for the Vodka Ice....

His battery is flat, his spark is sodden, he's so down hearted, he's so downtrodden.......

ioan
5th April 2009, 21:06

He didn't do anything wrong. He stopped along with all the other drivers and than the team decided to retire the car and pushed it in the garage to try to repair what as wrong.

The fact that Colajanni, the other Ferrari muppet along with Baldisseri, said that Kimi would drive again if there was a restart was just an idiotic mistake from his part.

donKey jote
5th April 2009, 23:03
Alonso did go only backwards after the start.
yes, after going up to P3 in a much heavier car 2-3 seconds a lap slower than the brawns, toys and webbers :)

he went backwards after going off just before coming in for his first stop, after fuelling to the end on wets with a dry track (bit like kimi), and after staying on the wrong tires when it was about to pish down :(
otherwise he was in with a good chance :p :

Valve Bounce
6th April 2009, 02:11

I had already posted in the Malaysia GP thread that rain could affect the race. I just want to take credit for it. ;)

Tazio
6th April 2009, 03:15
I had already posted in the Malaysia GP thread that rain could affect the race. I just want to take credit for it. ;)
I'll give you credit if you shove a cap up Bernie's @$$ :eek:

markabilly
6th April 2009, 03:30
yeah but I got the lap right, so THERE!!!

555-04Q2
6th April 2009, 06:34
Bernie, Kimi and the Ferrari team :down: Pathetic all round :(

ioan
6th April 2009, 09:18
Man, Kimi did nothing wrong yesterday, what do you guys have against him?

pino
6th April 2009, 09:22
I too would like to know what Kimi did wrong, I might have seen a different race :confused:

ioan
6th April 2009, 09:29
Pino, can you tell us what the Italian newspapers wrote about yesterdays race?

555-04Q2
6th April 2009, 10:50

Kimi should have told the pitwall that they could shove their full wets and put on another pair of slicks. Thats the problem I had with Kimi yesterday. When I saw the pit crew putting full wets onto his car, I nearly hit the roof while throwing expletives at the TV. Something is very wrong at Ferrari at the moment :( and it is driving me mad, failed race after failed race :down:

pino
6th April 2009, 11:54
Pino, can you tell us what the Italian newspapers wrote about yesterdays race?

http://english.gazzetta.it/Motor_sports/ (english)

http://www.sportmediaset.it/formula1/ (italian only)

http://www.repubblica.it/sport/formulauno/index.html (italian only)

Knock-on
6th April 2009, 11:58
Bernie for me.

markabilly
6th April 2009, 11:59

real helpful, esp the two that are italian only........are any of them in "bubba"

MrJan
6th April 2009, 12:02

I assume it's because people believe that the driver has a say in what tyres are going on, but then Kimi was probably only following advice from the wall.

Ferrari definately dropped a clanger with that move, it might so easily have worked superbly but as the track was bone dry all round you just knew that the tyres would overheat and fall apart.

Can I also put up a mention for Heikki, seemingly just dropped the car with no help from anyone else within the first lap :down:

ioan
6th April 2009, 12:04
Kimi should have told the pitwall that they could shove their full wets and put on another pair of slicks. Thats the problem I had with Kimi yesterday. When I saw the pit crew putting full wets onto his car, I nearly hit the roof while throwing expletives at the TV. Something is very wrong at Ferrari at the moment :( and it is driving me mad, failed race after failed race :down:

What if the team told Kimi that it will rain in that very first lap?! He trusted them and Massa did so too, but 10 laps latter they were both frustrated with the team's cock-ups and were expressing their frustration as we all heard it.

ioan
6th April 2009, 12:17

Thanks for the links! :)

Is "La Republica" trying to copy "Bild" and "The Sun"?

ioan
6th April 2009, 12:18
Can I also put up a mention for Heikki, seemingly just dropped the car with no help from anyone else within the first lap :down:

Now that was one funny move I previously only saw in comedy movies! :laugh:

Knock-on
6th April 2009, 12:21

Think he deserves a special mention :)

MrJan
6th April 2009, 12:22
Now that was one funny move I previously only saw in comedy movies! :laugh:

Exactly :laugh: I used to have high hopes for him when I was watching the lower Formulae but something seems to have gone wrong recently :(

ioan
6th April 2009, 12:33
Exactly :laugh: I used to have high hopes for him when I was watching the lower Formulae but something seems to have gone wrong recently :(

He lacks confidence.
Yesterday's move was like a carbon copy of what I used to find very funny in those "Hardy and Stanley" comedies! The car just took the driver for a ride!

Ranger
6th April 2009, 12:41
He lacks confidence.
Yesterday's move was like a carbon copy of what I used to find very funny in those "Hardy and Stanley" comedies! The car just took the driver for a ride!

Yep, and he hasn't even finished a lap this year. Not looking good.

DexDexter
6th April 2009, 12:48
Think he deserves a special mention :)

Yep, Heikki has had a really bad start but at least the speed is there. It's gone largely unnoticed that he's been at least as quick as Hamilton in qualifying.

Ranger
6th April 2009, 13:10
Yep, Heikki has had a really bad start but at least the speed is there. It's gone largely unnoticed that he's been at least as quick as Hamilton in qualifying.

No one gives a #### about qualifying of you can't finish a lap!

The race pace just isn't there.

ioan
6th April 2009, 13:15

The pace is there, the concentration is what he's lacking.

DexDexter
6th April 2009, 13:19

Hard to tell since he hasn't finished a lap :) . But since Hamilton is almost a god to many people, matching a god in quali proves that he is not a bad driver.

Ranger
6th April 2009, 13:20
The pace is there, the concentration is what he's lacking.

Must be lacking quite a bit of concentration then, I've never seen anything that warranted him being given the opportunity he did last year.

Unfortunately he seems like one of the mentally weakest drivers on the grid, next to Fisi, which is probably the worst trait to have.

Ranger
6th April 2009, 13:33
Hard to tell since he hasn't finished a lap :) . But since Hamilton is almost a god to many people, matching a god in quali proves that he is not a bad driver.

You just used an opinion to justify an opinion.

The facts are that on top of a pretty tumultuous 2008, he has 2 starts in 2009, one he caused a pile-up and retired, one he crashed completely by himself.

For someone who has been given the opportunity of driving a title-winning car he has proven very little apart from that he can be moderately bothersome on a Saturday. But that's just my opinion.

555-04Q2
6th April 2009, 15:39
What if the team told Kimi that it will rain in that very first lap?! He trusted them and Massa did so too, but 10 laps latter they were both frustrated with the team's cock-ups and were expressing their frustration as we all heard it.

Could be :up: thats why I say there is something very wrong at Ferrari at the moment. All teams get the same weather report from what I know, so I dont see how Ferrari can send Kimi out on full wets while other drivers were going out on slicks, inter's at the worst. Something aint adding up :(

stevie_gerrard
7th April 2009, 09:47

Totally agreed!

2nd Place and the "Gamble which was never gonna pay off" award to the ferrari strategists for their quite bizzare decision to put kimi on wets. Although, if every team put wet tyres on at the first sign of a spot of rain, that would make interesting racing :p :

Garry Walker
8th April 2009, 13:46
Bernie, Ferrari, Vettel, Kovalainen.