PDA

View Full Version : The Ferrari thread !

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

ioan
10th January 2010, 15:42
I thought there was talk about one event for all teams to unveil their machinery? I haven't seen a date for this, or whether it starts this year or not..

Where do you live? In a cave?!

It's been known for more than 2 weeks that the one event for all won't take place. There's was an Autosport article about this.

ioan
10th January 2010, 15:43
281 - 2.8 litres and the "1"?

I would have expected you to get the '1' right and the '28' wrong. It turns out you didn't get any of them right! :rotflmao:

Dave B
10th January 2010, 15:52
Where do you live? In a cave?!

It's been known for more than 2 weeks that the one event for all won't take place. There's was an Autosport article about this.
I think it's your politeness I admire the most.

Saint Devote
10th January 2010, 16:15
If that's the case then I expect them to fail scrutineering at the first event :p

:o Oops! I agree :dozey:

Saint Devote
10th January 2010, 16:17
I would have expected you to get the '1' right and the '28' wrong. It turns out you didn't get any of them right! :rotflmao:

I guess even as a "saint" my connections are less than expected ;)

Saint Devote
10th January 2010, 16:19
Nope, they've got a special dispensation from Jean, who has promised to measure the displacement using a jug with oversize level indicators on it written in marker pen in what suspiciously looks like Fernando's handwriting after being slipped a few quid by Max who is secretly the new team manager at Maranello.

It's bollocks, of course, but then that hasn't stopped the proposterous conspiracy theory morons believing utter drivel in the past.

In fact, I'll give it 30 minutes before somebody is repeating the claim on Autosports forum as proof positive of Ferrari malpractice.

:D funny!!

ioan
10th January 2010, 16:39
I think it's your politeness I admire the most.

Thanks! :D

ioan
10th January 2010, 16:40
I know it'll come as a shock to you as I am a British F1 fan, but I don't read Autosport old bean..

They have an internet site with free articles too. :\

motetarip
10th January 2010, 17:21
and a source much closer to home:

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=354073&FS=F1

jens
15th January 2010, 16:25
http://ferrarif1forum.com/2010/01/13/german-press-new-2010-ferrari-lacks-aerodynamic-efficiency/

At the moment it's impossible to verify, how true it is, but if so, I wouldn't be surprised. Ferrari didn't need to sack aero-guru John Iley last year, with who they had had the best (or one of the best) aerodynamics on the grid in 2007-'08.

gloomyDAY
23rd February 2010, 06:07
http://ferrarif1forum.com/2010/01/13/german-press-new-2010-ferrari-lacks-aerodynamic-efficiency/

At the moment it's impossible to verify, how true it is, but if so, I wouldn't be surprised. Ferrari didn't need to sack aero-guru John Iley last year, with who they had had the best (or one of the best) aerodynamics on the grid in 2007-'08.I guess the rumors have been rubbish.

Fernando looks way too happy. Only time will tell....

SGWilko
23rd February 2010, 06:11
If the F10 lacks efficiency, I really want to see it when it doesn't - it'll crush the field......

gloomyDAY
5th April 2010, 01:39
3 blown engines in 1 weekend.

What gives?

Alonso had a nice run going too. I was itching to see him pounce Bunsen. Sauber must have been peeved knowing that his team's day way over after ten laps.

Saint Devote
5th April 2010, 02:56
Alonso and Petrov were the drivers of the race.

The reason why Alonso's engine went is because he was overriding the gearbox problems through managing the gears with the engine revs.

This is a really gifted individual and unfortunately for him the engine lasted until two laps from the end.

It is early days in the championship and I still reckon he is going to win the 2010 title.

Jenson and him had a good dice. He had his gearbox problem and Button had to chage tyres too early and was around 2 seconds off the pace of those ahead, including his teammate Hamilton.

pino
5th April 2010, 07:01
3 blown engines in 1 weekend.

What gives?

Alonso had a nice run going too. I was itching to see him pounce Bunsen. Sauber must have been peeved knowing that his team's day way over after ten laps.

3 blown engines (and a poor strategy in the Qualy) but still on top in both championships, and Alonso once again proved what a great driver he is. I am quite confident that Ferrari it's going to win a lot this year :D

DexDexter
5th April 2010, 09:08
Ferrari have a better car than last year, that's a huge step but when it comes to the drivers, I have not seen the added value of bringing Alonso in a year early. If he had a blue helmet, I'd think Räikkönen was still in the car, since the balance between the drivers is the same as last year (at least so far), but then again, I have colored glasses :) .

The problems with strategy are still there as well, it's just that it's more difficult to get things wrong when the strategy options are far more limited.

F1boat
5th April 2010, 09:09
3 blown engines (and a poor strategy in the Qualy) but still on top in both championships, and Alonso once again proved what a great driver he is. I am quite confident that Ferrari it's going to win a lot this year :D

I think so as well, but I am a bit disappointed with the weekend. It seems that Ferrari still need an improvement in reliability and strategy and the fact that McLaren also messed up Saturday is little consolation.

F1boat
5th April 2010, 09:11
If he had a blue helmet, I'd think Räikkönen was still in the car

I have to disagree. From what I see Alonso shows better spirit, although his debut is eerily similar with the one of Kimi - great start, but fades later. However, for now he seems to be faster than Felipe, although Massa has clearly improved as well.

DexDexter
5th April 2010, 09:16
I have to disagree. From what I see Alonso shows better spirit, although his debut is eerily similar with the one of Kimi - great start, but fades later. However, for now he seems to be faster than Felipe, although Massa has clearly improved as well.

Why do you think Massa has improved? To me he is as good or bad as last year, there is absolutely nothing that suggests he has changed (which is a good thing, the accident you know). I mean the guy still has problems in Australia etc.

F1boat
5th April 2010, 09:23
Why do you think Massa has improved? To me he is as good or bad as last year, there is absolutely nothing that suggests he has changed (which is a good thing, the accident you know). I mean the guy still has problems in Australia etc.

Before, when he had problems, he retired with foolish moves. Now he scores points, always. This makes him very dangerous.

Mia 01
5th April 2010, 11:16
Alonso is a good driver.

But.

I don´t think he will do better than Kimi in his first year with Ferrari.

Big Ben
5th April 2010, 12:28
Alonso is a good driver.

But.

If he does just as well as kimi in his first I'm satisfied.

Roamy
5th April 2010, 15:10
Alonso is a good driver.

But.

Alonso is a GREAT driver. He drove that failing car competitively to its grave. Most drivers would have had a big problem driving that car as well as alonso.
No one knows if he will score more points than Kimi but IMO Alonso is a faster and better driver. Meaning he can drive the car fast and can set it up. I think one on Kimi's problems is car set up. With that being said if Vettel fails to win the WDC this year then I could see Kimi replacing Webber.

F1boat
5th April 2010, 16:10
If he does just as well as kimi in his first I'm satisfied.

Without the appeals in the end of the season, hopefully ;)

Dzeidzei
5th April 2010, 19:08
So what the hell is wrong with the engines? At this rate they will have used all the engines by Monaco which means goodbye to all championships.

DexDexter
5th April 2010, 19:54
So what the hell is wrong with the engines? At this rate they will have used all the engines by Monaco which means goodbye to all championships.

Is it the engine or the chassis design (cooling?) since the engines are frozen, they should be the same as last year.

F1boat
6th April 2010, 08:32

and many people, including me, were drinking the Kool Aid and believing that Ferrari are bulletproof, while RBR fragile... I wouldn't be surprised now if RBR proves to be faster AND less fragile than the Scuderia, which will leave only McLaren as rival.

Garry Walker
6th April 2010, 08:34
alonso is the engine killer

Shalafi
6th April 2010, 08:43

Yeah, that is what I thought also. :D

pino
6th April 2010, 09:40

Alonso is a great driver...like it or not !

Dzeidzei
6th April 2010, 10:53

Dont forget the gearbox! Dont forget the gearbox!

jens
6th April 2010, 14:17
The unreliability issues may have come from the fact that teams are still allowed to upgrade their engine with reliability updates. Maybe Ferrari had an UNreliability upgrade during winter! :D

I wonder, when will Alonso get fed up of watching the sight of Massa's rear wing. He has done it for two races in a row and shame Massa left the door open in Bahrain or it would have been three. Sure Alonso has had some disadvantages in races and he seems to be taking it quite calmly at the moment with potential thoughts like "well I might be behind him today, but over a full season I'll beat him anyway", but can such laid-back attitude last forever? :p :

F1boat
6th April 2010, 17:42
Yes, jens, he has nowhere to go. He can't screw his relationship with another team...

DexDexter
6th April 2010, 19:52
and many people, including me, were drinking the Kool Aid and believing that Ferrari are bulletproof, while RBR fragile... I wouldn't be surprised now if RBR proves to be faster AND less fragile than the Scuderia, which will leave only McLaren as rival.

Italian cars are never bulletproof. Beautiful and fast, but certainly not bulletproof :D .

jas123f1
7th April 2010, 16:29

Yes he is, but not only he - Massa is leading and Vettel is there also.. :) and Nico are performing quite well too

I don't think Ferrari and Alonso will champion this year, RBR has a faster car and Vettel..

F1boat
7th April 2010, 19:50
Yes he is, but not only he - Massa is leading and Vettel is there also.. :) and Nico are performing quite well too

I don't think Ferrari and Alonso will champion this year, RBR has a faster car and Vettel..

Things can change quickly. Development pace will be most important and I wouldn't bet against McLaren to win it, either.

Mia 01
7th May 2010, 22:00
Alonso is smaller than Kimi.

Firstgear
18th May 2010, 04:22
So you don't understand what a Tifoso is.

It has nothing to do with being Italian and supporting fellow Italians. It's about supporting Ferrari, no matter who drives or works for them. It's a about sticking with the Ferrari team no matter what.

Hopefully now you understand it better.

Alot of good comedy in this thread. :D :D :D

gloomyDAY
18th May 2010, 04:32
So you don't understand what a Tifoso is.

It has nothing to do with being Italian and supporting fellow Italians. It's about supporting Ferrari, no matter who drives or works for them. It's a about sticking with the Ferrari team no matter what.

Hopefully now you understand it better.

Alot of good comedy in this thread. :D :D :D Busted! :laugh:

MS fan > Ferrari fan

Big Ben
18th May 2010, 07:30
Poor ioan..
What went wrong eh? :p :

Haven't you been following? They don't win everything anymore he says. That's what a true tifosi is. I hope you understand better now :laugh: :p :

SGWilko
18th May 2010, 08:48
Haven't you been following? They don't win everything anymore he says. That's what a true tifosi is. I hope you understand better now :laugh: :p :

Are you suggesting that the Tifosi are...... well....... shallow fair weather supporters?

18th May 2010, 09:00
Why are there non-tifosi posting on a thread specifically for Ferrari fans?

Oh, of course, it is because they are trolling scum.

SGWilko
18th May 2010, 09:04

Up early today Tamb - they serving breakfast in a hurry today old timer?

As to your question, you'd best ask ioan that - he is soooo naughty, isn't he?

SGWilko
18th May 2010, 09:13
Indeed and it just keeps coming.. :laugh:

WHich aint bad, considering the amount of charisma bypass patients on here.... :laugh:

SGWilko
18th May 2010, 09:17

I don't think many doubt that, but it is his character that is not very appealing and alienates the fans.

For me, the jury remains out as I think that there will be trouble at' mill soon.

Trouble follows Onslo around like flies to excrament.

18th May 2010, 09:17
Like I said, Trolling Scum.

SGWilko
18th May 2010, 09:20
Like I said, Trolling Scum.

Oh dear, you just said that old timer.

You take a forum waaaaaaaaaay to seriously Tamb.

18th May 2010, 09:23
And you are utter scum.

SGWilko
18th May 2010, 09:24
And you are utter scum.

Whatever.

ShiftingGears
18th May 2010, 09:37
And you are utter scum.

LOL

Get a hold of yourself.

SGWilko
18th May 2010, 09:39
I know.

Only my wife is allowed to call me that.......

:rotflmao:

Big Ben
18th May 2010, 09:48
Are you suggesting that the Tifosi are...... well....... shallow fair weather supporters?

No. I suggest one is. But then again the truth is by his definition he was never a tifosi... it makes you wonder what was all this thread about after all... the one who started it said this is for fans only but not much of a fan he was either... this thread is ilogical.... just like the emotions some drivers seem to arouse in some people around here. as merv said: it's remarkable how similar is the pattern of love with the pattern insanity.

Big Ben
18th May 2010, 09:51

Why was it started by non-tifosi? So many questions so little answers... and now he's banned... we will never know the truth...

SGWilko
18th May 2010, 10:36
Italian cars are never bulletproof. Beautiful and fast, but certainly not bulletproof :D .

At least carbon fibre does not rust, otherwise the Ferraris would finish every race like a Flintstones runaround... :laugh:

NB - I am basing my rusty Italian motor car stereotype on Alfas!

Tazio
19th May 2010, 04:39

OK quoting a true brother that has just been banned

This ones for you Tamb'

I thought I would revisit the first page of this thread. It was a very good time to kick "The Scuds" when we were down.
Max's recreation had already lost it's novelty.

I went on vacation for a while. On another forum A "so called" Tifosi intimated that he has a hard time, and maybe never would embrace Fred being with the team. I told him how much I had hated him, and if I had been in Suzuka in 2005 and watched first hand the way Fred waved at Mike as he drove by the Ferrari that had expired with a few laps left in the race, virtually sealing his first WDC. How I would have taken a high powered rifle (with scope) and blown that S.O.B's brains out.

I said give Fred some time you'll warm up to him!

A few quotes from page one:

This thread's point isn't to be a "love fest", it's all about having a thread where Ferrari fans can interact, where they can express their good or bad feeling about the team they support, without having to put up with all the trash from other forum members.

With deepest regrets to Ioan I suggest that this is a useless excercise!

I am a fan of Stefano. Very amenable, and not, IMO, the slightest up himself like some previous inhabitants of that job

Not all of them!

Tazio
19th May 2010, 06:03
Suzuka in 2005 and watched first hand the way Fred waved at Mike as he drove by the Ferrari that had expired with a few laps :rolleyes:
Actually I was referring to Suzuka 2006 Fred's 2nd WDC :rolleyes:

bzlJaVm32nk

SGWilko
19th May 2010, 10:05
:rolleyes:
Actually I was referring to Suzuka 2006 Fred's 2nd WDC :rolleyes:

bzlJaVm32nk

How nice of him to wave - he could have been really rude and ignored the Shoe altogether.

Tazio
19th May 2010, 15:36
How nice of him to wave - he could have been really rude and ignored the Shoe altogether. :p

donKey jote
19th May 2010, 17:37
he didn´t wave... he was saluting the Red Baron after shooting him down :p

DexDexter
19th May 2010, 20:18
No. I suggest one is. But then again the truth is by his definition he was never a tifosi... it makes you wonder what was all this thread about after all... the one who started it said this is for fans only but not much of a fan he was either... this thread is ilogical.... just like the emotions some drivers seem to arouse in some people around here. as merv said: it's remarkable how similar is the pattern of love with the pattern insanity.

How old are you guys? Five? Come on, it's just a car and this is a discussion forum. I'd think we have more interesting things to discuss than whether someone is true "Tifosi (LOL)" or what? :rolleyes:

Mia 01
21st May 2010, 12:06
At the time you kicked out Kimi, all his fans for ever kicked you out.

You are rather lonley thoose times aren´t you?

SGWilko
21st May 2010, 12:08
At the time you kicked out Kimi, all his fans for ever kicked you out.

You are rather lonley thoose times aren´t you?

Kimi signed for Ferrari - lured by wads of folding paper.

Apart from being gifted the WDC, what else did he do?

Ice cream taster?????

Mia 01
21st May 2010, 12:16
Kimi signed for Ferrari - lured by wads of folding paper.

Apart from being gifted the WDC, what else did he do?

Ice cream taster?????

The last WCC for Ferrari in a long time perhaps.
(2).

Every sane persón knows that Kimi is way way better than Alonso.

donKey jote
21st May 2010, 17:48
Well that would explain why you don´t seem to like Alonso very much...
he got Kimi booted :laugh:
Every sane person also knows that Kimi is way way better than Loeb :p

gloomyDAY
21st May 2010, 18:00
Every sane persón knows that Kimi is way way better than Alonso.Ha! Get out of town.

I'm not sure what's more pathetic, the fact that you posted this filth or the fact that you actually believe it.

pino
21st May 2010, 18:46
Every sane persón knows that Kimi is way way better than Alonso.

Way way better...no, on same level...maybe ;)

Roamy
21st May 2010, 19:57
Ha! Get out of town.

I'm not sure what's more pathetic, the fact that you posted this filth or the fact that you actually believe it.

I think I am going with Gloomy on this one :)

DexDexter
23rd May 2010, 17:44
Ha! Get out of town.

IMO they'd be pretty evenly matched but paying the amount of money they did to get Alonso in a year early wasn't worth it, you can tell it by now. Alonso's performances this year do not justify putting a WDC on a holiday with about 17 million bucks or whatever in his pocket...

Tazio
23rd May 2010, 18:28
IMO they'd be pretty evenly matched but paying the amount of money they did to get Alonso in a year early wasn't worth it, Alonso's performances this year do not justify putting You are taking into consideration the $30million plus he brought along with him from Santander? Plus everything else Spanish, and Southern European that is on a list too long to mention!

Saint Devote
23rd May 2010, 19:13
Alonso is better than Kimi?

Then how come Alonso couldn't cut it at Mclaren and had Lewis [first season in f1] effectively kick his backside all the way back to Spain and into the uncompetitive Renault team? OLE!

Alonso is better than Kimi? - then lets see El Nano also win the world title in 2010 - HIS first year at Ferrari.

At very BEST, pushiing it, he is equal to Kimi Raikkonen.

Mia 01
23rd May 2010, 19:55

Then how come Alonso couldn't cut it at Mclaren and had Lewis [first season in f1] effectively kick his backside all the way back to Spain and into the uncompetitive Renault team? OLE!

Alonso is better than Kimi? - then lets see El Nano also win the world title in 2010 - HIS first year at Ferrari.

Agreed Saint, to say the least.

WCC, WDC and I belive it was seven wins for Kimi the first year.

Unlike Kimi, Alonso is a bit arrogant, playing the games.
I feel sorry for Massa this year.

Big Ben
23rd May 2010, 21:02

that´s why one´s paid not to drive a ferrari and the other one to drive it, right? you have such a deep understanding of the sport boy... it´s just mesmerizing- I have had always a great esteem for this particular kind of supporter who´s always the fan of whoever wins. maybe not esteem, perhaps envy. They can´t be disappointed. That would explain the silly enthusiasm, wouldn´t it?

Hawkmoon
23rd May 2010, 23:27

Apples and oranges mate.

The 2007 Ferrari had competition from 1 other car, the McLaren. Kimi was in a four-way fight for the title.

This year the Ferrari is competing with McLaren sure enough - for second behind the Red Bull. Alonso is in a 6 way fight (8 if you include the Mercedes duo). If Alonso takes the title this year it will be a much greater achievement than what Raikkonen did.

ShiftingGears
24th May 2010, 09:39
I mean Schumacher couldn't win the championship with a Ferrari in his first 4 years with the team - let's all face it. He sucks.

Tazio
24th May 2010, 10:40
I mean Schumacher couldn't win the championship with a Ferrari in his first 4 years with the team - let's all face it. He sucks.

Even having arrived there with two more than Kimi had when he came over :dozey:

SGWilko
24th May 2010, 11:04
Even having arrived there with two more than Kimi had when he came over :dozey:

Well, the '94 title was won with TC allegedly, and no filters in the fueling rigs so the fuel flows quicker, oh, and by barging others out the way... :)

The '95 title was genuine though, which is nice. ;)

DexDexter
24th May 2010, 11:22
Everybody seems to want to dodge my question about the money thing. What do you think, would Ferrari be slower or quicker now if they'd hold on to Räikkönen for one more year and invested more money in car development instead of changing drivers?

donKey jote
24th May 2010, 12:08
.6 slower ;) :p :laugh:
it´s irrelevant though, they were already fed up with kimi so why keep him when they had the chance to sign Alonso :)

Tazio
24th May 2010, 17:19
Everybody seems to want to dodge my question about the money thing. What do you think, would Ferrari be slower or quicker now if they'd hold on to Räikkönen for one more year and invested more money in car development instead of changing drivers?

See post # 879
That is money they would not have if they waited a year for Fred.
It's collecting interest as we speak! :)

Rodster
24th May 2010, 17:43
See post # 879
That is money they would not have if they waited a year for Fred.
It's collecting interest as we speak! :)

Is the rumour true that Santander payed for Kimi's sabbatical? If so, then putting Fred in the car a year early made perfect sense.

jens
25th May 2010, 21:19

I don't think -/+ 10-15M or whatever $ as such changes a great deal for a team like Ferrari in the grand scheme of things in car development. It's still possibly less than a tenth of their whole annual budget. But for a smaller team, yes.

Big Ben
26th May 2010, 08:41

No. As others have said, I don't think this money would have made much of a difference. I think it's proven that the budget of a team is not directly related to its performance. Just take a look at Toyota.

DexDexter
26th May 2010, 14:55
No. As others have said, I don't think this money would have made much of a difference. I think it's proven that the budget of a team is not directly related to its performance. Just take a look at Toyota.

What about Honda/Brawn last year? Wasn't that the most expensive F1 car of all time and it certainly showed on the race track.

Big Ben
26th May 2010, 16:26
What about Honda/Brawn last year? Wasn't that the most expensive F1 car of all time and it certainly showed on the race track.

So I´ve heard but there were other circumstances like the new regulation. They were there because other teams thought the new rules were adopted to reduce downforce but Brawn and his buddies left enough room to make the rule change almost useless. Before that Honda, like Toyota, spent quite a lot of money and they were nowhere.

Tazio
26th May 2010, 16:47
So I´ve heard but there were other circumstances like the new regulation. They were there because other teams thought the new rules were adopted to reduce downforce but Brawn and his buddies left enough room to make the rule change almost useless. Before that Honda, like Toyota, spent quite a lot of money and they were nowhere.

eu don’t waste your time!
This guy is anti-everything except Kimi, and /or Scandinavian

555-04Q2
27th May 2010, 06:30

2 words to explain last years result...ROSS BRAWN

Big Ben
27th May 2010, 07:59
2 words to explain last years result...ROSS BRAWN

How about this year? Aren't your 2 words still there?

DexDexter
27th May 2010, 08:01

True. But they didn't have the same amount of resources (and money) to develop this year's car which kind of supports "my" theory...

Mia 01
27th May 2010, 08:56

Adrian Newey?

Big Ben
27th May 2010, 10:05
Adrian Newey?

What about him?

SGWilko
27th May 2010, 10:13
What about him?

He's losing his hair?

555-04Q2
27th May 2010, 10:46

So they must dominate every year then :?:

Big Ben
27th May 2010, 11:01
So they must dominate every year then :?:

I don't know, you tell me. He's not MY super hero. They've dominated half a season and everybody knows why... when the money was gone and everybody started exploiting the loopholes in the regulations they've turned back into the Honda we all used to know. He's hugely over-rated. I think he's very good but not brilliant.

SGWilko
27th May 2010, 11:18
I don't know, you tell me. He's not MY super hero. They've dominated half a season and everybody knows why... when the money was gone and everybody started exploiting the loopholes in the regulations they've turned back into the Honda we all used to know. He's hugely over-rated. I think he's very good but not brilliant.

We on Brawn still are we. He is a manager and a strategist but not a designer per se.

Time and again we have seen in F1 that when there is a title fight, the protagonist teams often suffer the following year as resources are diverted and put into winning the championship. Often, this is to the detriment of the following year's car.

Brawn is good, but he is not a miracle worker.

ioan
27th May 2010, 18:24
True. But they didn't have the same amount of resources (and money) to develop this year's car which kind of supports "my" theory...

Absolutely. The 2009 Honda F1 car has been develop since April 2010 and did cost approx. 700 million Euros, they used 3 wind tunnels 700 people in Brackley and Japan and had 3 different chassis developed.
Alone their budget was twice that of either Toyota, Ferrari and McLaren.

DexDexter
27th May 2010, 21:34
Indeed. Alot of fans seem to forget Brawn is not a designer and much of the success throughout his career was achieved as part of a great technical team. Rory Bryne was a major factor in delivering performance on track, combined with Brawn's strategic mind, which was often overlooked. The same can be said for Adrian Newey who has a brilliant directive mindset, but is still only a component in a strong team at present.

Newey may only be a component as you rightfully say but I and many others, I'm sure, are willing to bet that if Newey suddenly left Red Bull, things wouldn't be so rosy, in a, let's say, year and a half. Williams 96-97 comes to mind. They lost Newey in 96 and 97 they were not as dominant as before and 98 they were at sea.

555-04Q2
28th May 2010, 11:21

1. His record speaks for itself, he's brilliant at getting things done, whether he designs a car or not, he gets the guys that can design cars, perform etc.

2. Take off your blinkers. Mercedes GP is not "the Honda we all used to know". They are one of the top 3 or 4 teams this season.

555-04Q2
28th May 2010, 11:23
We on Brawn still are we. He is a manager and a strategist but not a designer per se.

Thats why he is such a good manager/team principal. He gets the right people for the job and delivers results. Thats what counts and why I rate him so highly. He is also very calculating and has a pretty steady head.

Tazio
28th May 2010, 18:38
http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gallery/pictures/2010/f1/gp-turkey-27may/049wri.jpg

http://i69.servimg.com/u/f69/14/79/55/26/15481010.jpg

The second pic is of Ferraris’ enlarged diffuser(new upgrade)I think it together with the top pic of rear wing stall device duct, looks to me like they have form fitted the body work in that area a little bit more, and tightened its @$$ up a la Red Bull!

Big Ben
28th May 2010, 19:03
How I hate this wagon station look! I know noone´s here for the looks but it looks just horrible.

jens
31st May 2010, 18:59
Ferrari has something to think about after the Turkish Grand Prix. In the race they might have had the third fastest car (in the last few years Ferrari has had a tendency to be more competitive in race trim anyway), but due to traffic we never had the opportunity to see that. Considering circuit characteristics I'd expect Ferrari to be stronger at Valencia and Montreal, but they seem to have an obvious deepening aerodynamical deficit. A consequence of the sacking of Iley?

Garry Walker
31st May 2010, 20:33
Ferrari has something to think about after the Turkish Grand Prix. In the race they might have had the third fastest car (in the last few years Ferrari has had a tendency to be more competitive in race trim anyway), but due to traffic we never had the opportunity to see that. Considering circuit characteristics I'd expect Ferrari to be stronger at Valencia and Montreal, but they seem to have an obvious deepening aerodynamical deficit. A consequence of the sacking of Iley?

I think the fault lies in stefano. They are getting worse all the time. They dumped kimi and hired Alonso, because he was supposed to lead the team and every other crap like that. Reality has been different. Driver`s job is to drive, the leading is up to guys like Stefano. But he is failing at that job.

Ferrari is not the same team it was back when Jean Todt was the boss, Stefano is a nobody. But hey Luca, you just keep hiring italians and things will only get better.
Because I despise Ferrari after their treatment of Schumacher, Todt and Raikkonen, I am taking massive enjoyment from this. All we need is Massa to leave Ferrari too and I wont have anything that I like about that team.

Big Ben
31st May 2010, 21:49
Thanks for sharing. Any veterinary psychiatrist to give the man an advice?

Garry Walker
31st May 2010, 21:59
Thanks for sharing. You are welcome.

Any veterinary psychiatrist to give the man an advice?

Hey, I found a video of your recent family get-together on youtube. Let me share it with the kind people here :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daYvNM2IuOg

i_max2k2
31st May 2010, 23:12
I think the fault lies in stefano. They are getting worse all the time. They dumped kimi and hired Alonso, because he was supposed to lead the team and every other crap like that. Reality has been different. Driver`s job is to drive, the leading is up to guys like Stefano. But he is failing at that job.

Ferrari is not the same team it was back when Jean Todt was the boss, Stefano is a nobody. But hey Luca, you just keep hiring italians and things will only get better.
Because I despise Ferrari after their treatment of Schumacher, Todt and Raikkonen, I am taking massive enjoyment from this. All we need is Massa to leave Ferrari too and I wont have anything that I like about that team.

That pretty much sums up my feeling for Ferrari, Massa is the only person I like in Ferrari, and right now , they don't seem in a rush to have him, once he's gone I doubt I'll have anything in the team that I like, Stefano seems more arrogant than people who have been massively more successful than him. And on Brawn, he is probably the best strategist in F-1 right now.

Shalafi
1st June 2010, 08:59
How can Ferrari go backwards when they have this amazing car-improver, Alonso?! They got rid of Kimi who couldnt develop the car. But now...really, really strange...this has to be a some kind of conspiracy!!

jens
1st June 2010, 09:18
How can Ferrari go backwards when they have this amazing car-improver, Alonso?! They got rid of Kimi who couldnt develop the car. But now...really, really strange...this has to be a some kind of conspiracy!!

Let's add to this that after Alonso has left Renault, the yellow-painted cars have made significant leaps forward and keep improving all the time, now having matched Ferrari in the last two weekends. Guess Alonso forgot his 0,6s to McLaren, so despite costing them 100M $ the last man to laugh is Ron Dennis. :p :

DexDexter
1st June 2010, 09:59
Let's add to this that after Alonso has left Renault, the yellow-painted cars have made significant leaps forward and keep improving all the time, now having matched Ferrari in the last two weekends. Guess Alonso forgot his 0,6s to McLaren, so despite costing them 100M $ the last man to laugh is Ron Dennis. :p :

I think the man who is laughing the most is one Kimi Räikkönen. He gets the money and doesn't have to spend another year driving an uncompetitive car and listening to constant undeserved insults from the Italian press.

Rodster
1st June 2010, 11:41

I also think the problem is Stefano. A really nice guy but he looks totally lost at his job. I always get the impression he is 100% in react mode to what the other teams are doing, rather than confidently building a winning car. What's puzzling is, wasn't he Jean Todt's protege or maybe Luca Di Montezemolo forced Jean's hand on that one? But the problem really lies with the arrogant SOB by the name of Luca Di Montezemolo. He is the one who thinks it was him all along who turned around Ferrari's fortunes in the mid to late 90's.

Ferrari has not learned from it's past mistakes when it too at one time was basically the National Italian race team. It was in a rut until Brawn, Todt and an unknown driver (insert sarcasm) by the name of Schumacher showed up to turn around their fortunes.

Luca deserves everything bad that has recently happened to Ferrari since he pushed aside Brawn, Todt and Schumacher.

Rodster
1st June 2010, 11:44
That pretty much sums up my feeling for Ferrari, Massa is the only person I like in Ferrari, and right now , they don't seem in a rush to have him, once he's gone I doubt I'll have anything in the team that I like, Stefano seems more arrogant than people who have been massively more successful than him. And on Brawn, he is probably the best strategist in F-1 right now.

Stefano has never come across to me as arrogant rather, just a nice guy. Now if you want to talk arrogant look no further than the President of Ferrari, Luca Di Montezemolo. He gives arrogance, new meaning.

ShiftingGears
1st June 2010, 12:18
I don't dislike Stefano but he really isn't good enough at his job.

Di Montezemolo on the other hand - I will find it very amusing when he next throws a TV out of the window due to a Ferrari failure. I don't think highly of him.

F1boat
1st June 2010, 13:10
When the ban is over, hire Flavio. Many people dislike him, but he will get the job done.

Rodster
1st June 2010, 13:19
When the ban is over, hire Flavio. Many people dislike him, but he will get the job done.

Please god NO !

I never want to hear the words uttered in a sentence "The Flamboyant Italian" ever again.

Rodster
1st June 2010, 13:21
I don't dislike Stefano but he really isn't good enough at his job.

Di Montezemolo on the other hand - I will find it very amusing when he next throws a TV out of the window due to a Ferrari failure. I don't think highly of him.

Few think very highly of him. Max Mosley thought even less of him.

Roamy
1st June 2010, 15:25
Flavio and TAD back to Ferrari - Now that could prove to be exciting!!

Rodster
1st June 2010, 17:24
Flavio and TAD back to Ferrari - Now that could prove to be exciting!!

Who's TAD?

1st June 2010, 17:42
As soon as Ron Dennis said he liked Domenicali, that was the sign that he wasn't the man for the job.

1st June 2010, 17:43
Who's TAD?

One of the men losers blame for making them losers.

SGWilko
1st June 2010, 18:10
One of the men losers blame for making them losers.
A bloke then, that narrows it down a bit very helpful

Welcome back by the way, how was the yacht?

1st June 2010, 18:22
http://www.grandprix.com/gpe/cref-czatad.html

Oh, the yacht is very nice. Portofino is beautiful at this time of the year.

Firstgear
1st June 2010, 19:14

Isn't it a lifetime ban?

No use hiring him after the ban, if so.

ioan
1st June 2010, 20:45

:up:

Same here.

ioan
1st June 2010, 20:53
Isn't it a lifetime ban?

No use hiring him after the ban, if so.

It was overturned, the ban is now only until 2013, sadly. However with a bit of luck maybe some Italian prosecutor gets him a fresh place soon.

Big Ben
2nd June 2010, 07:42
It was overturned, the ban is now only until 2013, sadly. However with a bit of luck maybe some Italian prosecutor gets him a fresh place soon.

I really hate to do this but you're not allowed to post here anymore. Read the first post. Please spit your venom somewhere else. Have a nice day.

Roamy
2nd June 2010, 07:47
Who's TAD?

If you do not know who TAD is you should not be on this forum. You are hereby sentenced to 1 week research of F1 - now get going and come back when you know

Retro Formula 1
2nd June 2010, 08:53
Ferrari do seem to be in a difficult place at the moment. Alonso is not too happy in the team and Massa similarly unsettled.

Whilst the electronics genius may help them out of a short term hole, they need stronger direction and leadership more than anything. I don't think Alonso is the second coming of Schumacher as some expected and will notbe able to unite the team.

SGWilko
2nd June 2010, 10:20
If you do not know who TAD is you should not be on this forum. You are hereby sentenced to 1 week research of F1 - now get going and come back when you know

Tamb has kindly posted a link above.

It would have been better if the initial reference to the chaps' name had not been in all uppercase, as TAD suggests initials for an organisation, whereas Tad suggests a persons name.

SGWilko
2nd June 2010, 10:22
Ferrari do seem to be in a difficult place at the moment. Alonso is not too happy in the team and Massa similarly unsettled.

Whilst the electronics genius may help them out of a short term hole, they need stronger direction and leadership more than anything. I don't think Alonso is the second coming of Schumacher as some expected and will notbe able to unite the team.

Alonso has no right to be unhappy. He should get on with the job.

First he needs to ask Renault to forward on his 6/10ths ASAP, then, being the self confessed master developer, he needs to get on with that in the simulator also.

Jees, some folk are never happy. Is Ferrari going to be another team he falls out with?

ArrowsFA1
2nd June 2010, 11:35
...they need stronger direction and leadership more than anything...
Maybe, but isn't Ferrari's current situation simply the way things work in F1? No team can dominate indefinately; no team ever has. While more recent Ferrari fans may have got used to their team dominating that period was always going to come to an end at some point.

Domenicali took over as Ferrari team principal in January 2008. Given that many elements of the "Dream Team" have gone, and bearing in mind that it took Ferrari six years to win their first title under the leadership of Jean Todt, Stefan deserves time.

Kicking him out now is what the 'old' Ferrari would have done.

Big Ben
2nd June 2010, 13:31
Maybe, but isn't Ferrari's current situation simply the way things work in F1? No team can dominate indefinately; no team ever has. While more recent Ferrari fans may have got used to their team dominating that period was always going to come to an end at some point.

Domenicali took over as Ferrari team principal in January 2008. Given that many elements of the "Dream Team" have gone, and bearing in mind that it took Ferrari six years to win their first title under the leadership of Jean Todt, Stefan deserves time.

Kicking him out now is what the 'old' Ferrari would have done.

No. That's common sense. We have no use of it here. We want to bitch, moan, criticize, insult... the armchair expert is a very demanding man. Nothing but perfection will satisfy him.

Big Ben
2nd June 2010, 13:39
Alonso has no right to be unhappy.

Do you take anything skc says as the absolute truth or only what fits your bias?

He should get on with the job.

Who says he doesn't?

being the self confessed master developer

link please. So when skc doesn't come up with his virtual facts you take over the job of manufacturing them?

Jees, some folk are never happy. Is Ferrari going to be another team he falls out with?

Jees, how do you now that? Why? Because he said they need to catch up with the rest? What should he have said? That they're going too fast?

SGWilko
2nd June 2010, 14:39
Do you take anything skc says as the absolute truth or only what fits your bias? I make up my own mind thanks.

Who says he doesn't? Well, quite obviously I do. He's the man that jumped the start, crashed at Monaco in practice and could not make Q3 in Turkey.

link please. So when skc doesn't come up with his virtual facts you take over the job of manufacturing them? No link - He told the world this when he was at McLaren - a team he got upset with because, being a 2 time WDC he was unable to easily beat a rookie. No manufacturing here ta.

Jees, how do you now that? Why? Because he said they need to catch up with the rest? What should he have said? That they're going too fast? Nope, don't 5h1t on your own doorstep. He should keep his head down, nose clean and let his driving do the talking. If he does not like it, tough.

He chose to drive for Ferrari, he knew how they worked, what happened to Kimi & Prost.

Results speak, no matter how bad the car.

Big Ben
2nd June 2010, 14:52
I make up my own mind thanks.

So it's you who knows whether he's happy or not. That's one piece of 'info' worth to be ignored.

Well, quite obviously I do. He's the man that jumped the start, crashed at Monaco in practice and could not make Q3 in Turkey.

As I've said above. The armchair expert will never settle with anything less than perfection

No link - He told the world this when he was at McLaren - a team he got upset with because, being a 2 time WDC he was unable to easily beat a rookie. No manufacturing here ta.

He told the world that he was the master developer? Are you sure you aren't making things up there? No need for the useless rant after the "-"

Nope, don't 5h1t on your own doorstep. He should keep his head down, nose clean and let his driving do the talking. If he does not like it, tough.

He chose to drive for Ferrari, he knew how they worked, what happened to Kimi & Prost.

Results speak, no matter how bad the car.

Once more you seem to be talking like you know a lot more than anyone else. And if useless yapping bothers you so much, Hamilton, for instance, must make you feel the need to bang your head to the walls, right?

SGWilko
2nd June 2010, 14:57
So it's you who knows whether he's happy or not. That's one piece of 'info' worth to be ignored.

As I've said above. The armchair expert will never settle with anything less than perfection

He told the world that he was the master developer? Are you sure you aren't making things up there? No need for the useless rant after the "-"

Once more you seem to be talking like you know a lot more than anyone else. And if useless yapping bothers you so much, Hamilton, for instance, must make you feel the need to bang your head to the walls, right?

Like I said, I'll make up my own mind. I am putting across my opinions. I understand you don't agree. No problem with that. Have you?

Big Ben
2nd June 2010, 15:03
Like I said, I'll make up my own mind. I am putting across my opinions. I understand you don't agree. No problem with that. Have you?

No, not really. I don't really care :laugh: .

SGWilko
2nd June 2010, 15:04
No, not really. I don't really care :laugh: .

Just care enough to have a pop though, eh? ;)

Big Ben
2nd June 2010, 15:12
Just care enough to have a pop though, eh? ;)

15 minutes left before I punch out... my farm is in order... mails checked... facebook says I should marry Halle Berry... it's all done for today... Ioan's missing...what do you me to do? :laugh:

SGWilko
2nd June 2010, 15:16
15 minutes left before I punch out... my farm is in order... mails checked... facebook says I should marry Halle Berry... it's all done for today... Ioan's missing...what do you me to do? :laugh:

DOn't panic - I'm naturally this grumpy.... ;)

2nd June 2010, 17:35
I see this thread is still full of non-Tifosi.

Piss poor moderation at its finest, but to be expected from a Poco Benito.

SGWilko
2nd June 2010, 17:39

Errrrr, did the mods start this thread?

Pay attention to who did.

Stop throwing toys out yer pram. ;)

F1boat
2nd June 2010, 17:52
I am perplexed why people come to bash a team in their threat. I am not a tifoso as I like many teams, but I like Ferrari a lot and that's why I read and post here. But for a Ferrari hater to post here, weird IMO. I wouldn't post in a Red Bull fans thread, for example (except to congratulate when Mark wins ;) )

ioan
2nd June 2010, 21:03

Welcome back! :up:

DexDexter
2nd June 2010, 21:54

And who is a Tifosi? Aren't Tifosis supposed to support Ferrari? You certainly didn't support their last world champion so...

ArrowsFA1
3rd June 2010, 09:14
What's this thread about? According to the thread-starter:

It's all about the red team and their good and bad achievements, to be discussed by those who are interested to talk about it in a civilized manner!
:s mokin:

555-04Q2
3rd June 2010, 10:51
And who is a Tifosi? Aren't Tifosis supposed to support Ferrari? You certainly didn't support their last world champion so...

You just answered your own question. We support the team, not always the drivers, especially overrated ones. Drivers come and go as do the technical staff and mechanics, but the team is always there.

CNR
3rd June 2010, 11:30
it is starting to look like mark will be on his way
Red Bull vies to keep Vettel
http://en.espnf1.com/redbull/motorsport/story/19224.html
Kubica staying put, says manager (http://en.espnf1.com/renault/motorsport/story/19219.html)‎

Mia 01
3rd June 2010, 18:14
Ferraris drivers fails, both fails very badly.

Remember last year, the car was **** but Kimi scored nearly most points of all drivers in the second half of the season. Alonso is overhyped, at MS current level at best.

3rd June 2010, 18:28
I thought I'll start a thread in which Ferrari fans will be able to discuss their opinion about their favorite teams strong points but also shortcomings.

Those who are not Ferrari fans are not welcome to spit their venom around here!

This thread shouldn't be turned into my driver is better than your either, if you want to discuss it do it somewhere else!

It's all about the red team and their good and bad achievements, to be discussed by those who are interested to talk about it in a civilized manner!

Now that all this is clear all the tifosi are welcome to criticize and praise the doings of their favorite team. :)

Evidently needs reposting since some forum members cannot read.

If you are not Tifosi, fxxk off.

SGWilko
3rd June 2010, 18:38
Evidently needs reposting since some forum members cannot read.

If you are not Tifosi, fxxk off.

Hmmmmm, not sure you've read it too well big boy, suggesting folk go 'f' off is not civilised.

3rd June 2010, 18:40
Hmmmmm, not sure you've read it too well big boy, suggesting folk go 'f' off is not civilised.

Thank you for proving that you are nothing more than a Troll.

SGWilko
3rd June 2010, 18:42
Thank you for proving that you are nothing more than a Troll.

How do you come to that conclusion?

3rd June 2010, 19:11
Because it is exactly what you are.

SGWilko
3rd June 2010, 19:17
Because it is exactly what you are.

Blimey, has the wind changed then - a few weeks back I was sc*m, wasn't I?

You wanna stop being so indecisive, or are you just not sure?

I'd like to remind you that this a forum for all members to post in as they so choose, providing it is within the rules . If you don't like the way it is being moderated, start your own forum and moderate it yourself.

Otherwise put up and Jenson it.

jens
3rd June 2010, 19:39
The worse Ferrari performs, the uglier things get in this thread.

slorydn1
3rd June 2010, 20:01
The worse Ferrari performs, the uglier things get in this thread.

Agreed :up:

And I love Ferrari :D

I may not be able to help Ferrari run better :(

BUT I can make the thread run cleaner. :D

Everyone go back to your regular posting now, and have fun disagreeing with each other. Just don't attack each other and it's all good.

DexDexter
3rd June 2010, 20:05
You just answered your own question. We support the team, not always the drivers, especially overrated ones. Drivers come and go as do the technical staff and mechanics, but the team is always there.

So using that logic you are not supporting Alonso, right? Anyway, believe it or not I love Ferrari (and other Italian cars) I just think their leaders are something else, particularly that one guy at the top.

ioan
3rd June 2010, 20:32
Anyway, believe it or not I love Ferrari (and other Italian cars) I just think their leaders are something else, particularly that one guy at the top.

I have to agree, the bunch of muppets running Ferrari right now are just peons in LdM's political games, none of them is a man of his own like Todt and Brawn were (and that's why they were pushed out too).

airshifter
4th June 2010, 01:27
I have to agree, the bunch of muppets running Ferrari right now are just peons in LdM's political games, none of them is a man of his own like Todt and Brawn were (and that's why they were pushed out too).

Once again, mark this day on your calendar. Ioan and I completely agree on something.

Though many hate Ferrari for their "win at all costs" thinking at times, it's also what has made the team great over the years. Lamborghini exists because the founder set out to build a better car than Ferrari. And Enzo has also been the inspiration for the Shelby Daytona Coupe, as Carrol Shelby was intent at beating Enzo at his own game.

With Todt, Brawn, and MS on the team they were once again using this train of logic. But with the dismissal of such key figures, they are floundering.

Bagwan
4th June 2010, 01:36
Blimey, has the wind changed then - a few weeks back I was sc*m, wasn't I?

You wanna stop being so indecisive, or are you just not sure?

I'd like to remind you that this a forum for all members to post in as they so choose, providing it is within the rules . If you don't like the way it is being moderated, start your own forum and moderate it yourself.

Otherwise put up and Jenson it.

This thread was put up originally in response to the haranguing the Tifosi got at every turn , when trying to speak positively amongst Ferrari supporters .
It was somewhat respected as such for a while .

If you are a fan of Ferrari , carry on , by all means .

If you are not , have some respect .

Bagwan
4th June 2010, 01:39

To be fair , my friend , I must also ask you why you are posting here , as you are not a fan , are you ?

markabilly
4th June 2010, 01:52
BYE tamb, we hardly knew you

:beer:

See you on the dark side of the moon

sad to see about the last ferrari fan left on this forum to be taking a vacation

Roamy
4th June 2010, 03:08
Sjit Tam gets banned more than me :)

Tazio
4th June 2010, 03:47
This thread was put up originally in response to the haranguing the Tifosi got at every turn , when trying to speak positively amongst Ferrari supporters .

If you are not , have some respect .Well stated Bags! I was very critical of "The Scuds" Even called them collectively "Donkeys of the Race" on the approprirate thread.
It would be alot more meaningful if someone started a thread something to the affect of "Ferrari is a failiar this season"! or "How pathetic will Ferrari finnish the season",or any other thread that might have any common link, It's bad form to bash for the sake of vindictiveness on a thread titled "Ferrari Fans Thread!" :dozey:

pino
4th June 2010, 05:45

To be fair , my friend , I must also ask you why you are posting here , as you are not a fan , are you ?

Wish we had more members(fans) like you in here :up:

Anyway I am not going to close it, but this thread will send more people on vacation (even permanently), so I suggest you Guys think before posting !

Roamy
4th June 2010, 05:58
I love Ferrari - I love Italy - I love Italian Women - matter of fact there is not much of Italy I don't love. Maybe I can find a job there when I go in Oct. And if I get real lucky I could be at Monza this year.

555-04Q2
4th June 2010, 11:08
So using that logic you are not supporting Alonso, right?

Correct, I think he is a fantastic driver, but he also happens to be a big fat DOOS.

555-04Q2
4th June 2010, 11:11

Remember last year, the car was **** but Kimi scored nearly most points of all drivers in the second half of the season. Alonso is overhyped, at MS current level at best.

:erm: You are sh!tting us, arent you :?: :s hock:

Kimi was the most overhyped F1 driver of all time :down: Alonso is far better.

Big Ben
4th June 2010, 13:19

What?? Again? That was fast :laugh:

Big Ben
4th June 2010, 13:22

I want to see KR back in f1 too but not because he's sooo cute. hihihi

SGWilko
4th June 2010, 13:49

You never know, one day he'll take stock and work out how to behave.

SGWilko
4th June 2010, 13:52

Well, you know what, at almost every opportunity there is one poster who continually makes lurid accusations about a certain Ferrari rival team.

DIfference is, we can deal with it without hiding in our own thread.

Bagwan
4th June 2010, 15:32
Well, you know what, at almost every opportunity there is one poster who continually makes lurid accusations about a certain Ferrari rival team.

DIfference is, we can deal with it without hiding in our own thread.

Perhaps you might like to start a new thread about just that .

I sat here wondering for a while if any response would be of use , Wilko .

This post of yours is exactly the kind of post that would incite a similar vitriolic response from our friend , Tam .

Why is it in a thread entitled "Ferrari fans thread" ?

I'd like also to ask if you realize that , in your last line , you call all Tifosi cowards ? It is easily interpretted that way .

We all have to realize that communication is the hardest task that we humans face .
I tend to delete about half of what I write , when I take a second look , because it's too aggressive to get a civil and reasoned response .

And , after all , isn't that the point of debate ?

I hope Ferrari get it together , and move forward in the field .
I want to see some fine racing between more than just the Macs and Bulls at the sharp end .

SGWilko
4th June 2010, 15:37
Perhaps you might like to start a new thread about just that .

I don't feel the need to, and I thought that was clear in the previous point.

If posters such as Tamb are unable to control their rage, they really have no place on a public forum - I suggest.

You can see I did not rise to Tamb's labelling me as sc*m, bigoted, racist, troll etc.

Maybe that's the difference.

Bagwan
4th June 2010, 16:10
I sat here wondering for a while if any response would be of use , Wilko .

I guess not .

As a fan , how do you think Ferrari will do for the rest of the season ?

Myself , I think the problem lies with Luca M .
I don't like him because he spat on a friend of mine .

Wow , that sounds like an interesting story . Tell me more .

He arrived in Toronto , and my buddy was selling red cars .

Gee , that doesn't sound like any good reason to spit .

Well , being a recession , he and the team weren't selling enough red cars .

Gee , that doesn't sound like any way to motivate the team .

Yeah , I'm not sure he realizes it , though .

Thanks for the story .

pino
4th June 2010, 17:17
I am only warning everyone once : If I catch anyone posting in here insults, or provoking Ferrari fans...the punishment will be a month ban, followed by a permanent ban !

Mia 01
4th June 2010, 17:34
Ferrari are toasted. They need Kimi back or MS. And Ross to.

SGWilko
4th June 2010, 20:06
I guess not .

As a fan , how do you think Ferrari will do for the rest of the season ?.

I am very much a fan of Stefano. Level headed, not panicking, quietly getting on with the job.

Luca - Not sure really, he currently seems pre-occupied with bad mouthing the new teams. However, he hired Todt in the 90's and turned the team's fortunes around.

It takes time to build a winning team, and the Brawn, Byrne, Todt, Shoe was always going to be hard to beat.

Kimi went off the boil, Massa was on the up, but his accident and the arrival of Alonso, not known as a team player and a disruptive influence, has taken the wind out of his sails.

Alonso has got off to a bad start - maybe he is trying too hard, but he's not going to be tolerated much longer by Luca if he continually criticises the team and makes mistakes as he has been.

Overall however, Ferrari continues to hold that special something for me, but they do make rods for their own backs at times.

Mia 01
4th June 2010, 22:13
Ferrari is falling back, soon at Williams level.

Many is now laughing at Alonso, the leader and "top driver".

Maranello :eek: :eek: :dozey: :s mokin: :vader:

Big Ben
4th June 2010, 22:33
Ferrari is falling back, soon at Williams level.

Many is now laughing at Alonso, the leader and "top driver".

Maranello :eek: :eek: :dozey: :s mokin: :vader:

we got it. move on.

Roamy
5th June 2010, 02:32
Mia
Go debone your Lutefisk and stand by for the resurgence

ioan
5th June 2010, 10:16
Ferrari are toasted. They need Kimi back or MS. And Ross to.

Forget about Kimi and Ferrari, he'll never drive for Ferrari again.

markabilly
5th June 2010, 11:30
Forget about Kimi and Ferrari, he'll never drive for Ferrari again.
And unless Brawn buys ferrari, I dont think Ross will be back either

wedge
5th June 2010, 16:04

And how does this affect the design office, R&D which I find more worrying ATM in time.

ioan
5th June 2010, 18:08
And how does this affect the design office, R&D which I find more worrying ATM in time.

Same as the rest of the team, none of them has the needed inspiration, they just copy what they see that works for the faster teams. :\

jens
5th June 2010, 19:09
It's still quite interesting that in 07-09 Ferrari's aero was usually better than McLaren's, but Ferrari's politics needed a scapegoat and they found Iley for that. McLaren was happy to take him and now McLaren's aero efficiency gradually seems to be rising above Ferrari's.

ioan
5th June 2010, 23:40
It's still quite interesting that in 07-09 Ferrari's aero was usually better than McLaren's, but Ferrari's politics needed a scapegoat and they found Iley for that. McLaren was happy to take him and now McLaren's aero efficiency gradually seems to be rising above Ferrari's.

Iley's only fault is that he is not an Italian otherwise he would have kept his place and Ferrari would have been doing fine. :D

DexDexter
6th June 2010, 09:12

True, I actually commented on that at the time and wondered about the wisdom of sacking the guy but was immediately put down by a certain corner at Imola. :rolleyes:

Mia 01
6th June 2010, 15:37
True, I actually commented on that at the time and wondered about the wisdom of sacking the guy but was immediately put down by a certain corner at Imola. :rolleyes:

Wasnt it a bigger mistake to force out Rory Brown?

SGWilko
6th June 2010, 17:54
Wasnt it a bigger mistake to force out Rory Brown?

All this talk of 'fault' for getting 'rid' of people, why?

People move on - that's life. You have to plan waaay in advance for the eventuality that a key member of your team will one day leave.

Once Iley's replacements find their feet, as with Stefano and the like, the team will gel and the results will follow as a result.

Time, it al takes time.

Remember, patience is not only something doctors look after, but it is also a virtue....... ;)

pino
7th June 2010, 06:51
All this talk of 'fault' for getting 'rid' of people, why?

People move on - that's life. You have to plan waaay in advance for the eventuality that a key member of your team will one day leave.

Once Iley's replacements find their feet, as with Stefano and the like, the team will gel and the results will follow as a result.

Time, it al takes time.

Remember, patience is not only something doctors look after, but it is also a virtue....... ;)

I totally agree and also I would like to ask to those who criticizes Luca for his choices : What's wrong in being italian, being in charge of Italy's most famous make, and trying to win somenthing with italian staff only ? Do you guys have any idea how proud all italians would be to see Ferrari winning without any help from outside Italy ? That's what Luca's trying to do at the moment, all italian tifosi supports him 100%. and they really don't care about what other "tifosi" thinks.

ShiftingGears
7th June 2010, 07:13
I totally agree and also I would like to ask to those who criticizes Luca for his choices : What's wrong in being italian, being in charge of Italy's most famous make, and trying to win somenthing with italian staff only ? Do you guys have any idea how proud all italians would be to see Ferrari winning without any help from outside Italy ? That's what Luca's trying to do at the moment, all italian tifosi supports him 100%. and they really don't care about what other "tifosi" thinks.

Ferrari's 2000-2004 success would never have happened with Di Montezemolo's current approach. But hey, if he would rather lose with Italians at the helm rather than win without them, he's going to be throwing a lot more TV sets out the window. And I will laugh.
I'm sure all the fans will be really proud when Luca takes them back to the pre-Todt glory days of 1992.

Ranger
7th June 2010, 07:17
I totally agree and also I would like to ask to those who criticizes Luca for his choices : What's wrong in being italian, being in charge of Italy's most famous make, and trying to win somenthing with italian staff only ?

Nothing is wrong if Luca honestly thinks he is hiring the best available people in the business.

However, if he is knowingly not hiring the best available people because of their nationality, then that is discrimination.

But that's ok, because other teams will happily snap up the talent that Ferrari is rejecting.

pino
7th June 2010, 08:04
Ferrari's 2000-2004 success would never have happened with Di Montezemolo's current approach. But hey, if he would rather lose with Italians at the helm rather than win without them, he's going to be throwing a lot more TV sets out the window. And I will laugh.
I'm sure all the fans will be really proud when Luca takes them back to the pre-Todt glory days of 1992.

Rome wasn't build in one day, give them time ;)

Nothing is wrong if Luca honestly thinks he is hiring the best available people in the business.

However, if he is knowingly not hiring the best available people because of their nationality, then that is discrimination.

But that's ok, because other teams will happily snap up the talent that Ferrari is rejecting.

Luca is trying to hire the best italians available in the business, time will tell whether he's right or wrong... We italians are proud to have italians in charge at Ferrari again :p :

Tazio
7th June 2010, 08:16
Rome wasn't build in one day, give them time ;)

Luca is trying to hire the best italians available in the business, time will tell whether he's right or wrong... We italians are proud to have italians in charge at Ferrari again :p :
"Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus” :uhoh: :p :

pino
7th June 2010, 08:47
"Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus” :uhoh: :p :

Exactly :up: :p :

Dave B
7th June 2010, 08:58
Or in Ferrari's case: I came, I saw, I conked out.

SGWilko
7th June 2010, 09:21
I like spaghetti, I love meatballs Viva la compagnie

555-04Q2
7th June 2010, 10:50

This is a global world now, not regional, and F1 is a global sport. Hire the best people for the job, even if they come from Zimbabwe. If the best staff happen to be Italian, bonus. If not, who cares as long as they get the job done.

ShiftingGears
7th June 2010, 11:01
This is a global world now, not regional, and F1 is a global sport. Hire the best people for the job, even if they come from Zimbabwe. If the best staff happen to be Italian, bonus. If not, who cares as long as they get the job done.

It's a global market, not world cup soccer.

Tazio
7th June 2010, 17:44
Or in Ferrari's case: I came, I saw, I conked out.And hoping it's not another 800 years until the Renaissance :D

ioan
7th June 2010, 21:33
Do you guys have any idea how proud all italians would be to see Ferrari winning without any help from outside Italy ?

About as proud as Italians would be if they didn't have the 2nd biggest public debt in the EU, with an all Italian government.
The conclusion being that it won't happen. :D

ioan
7th June 2010, 21:35

They are almost there and it only took them 2 years since Todt left.

ioan
7th June 2010, 21:39

Exactly, we live in a world where knowledge does not have nationality, sex or color.
Ferrari got to the top because of Todt being a very open minded person who didn't hire only French people for the team's top positions if any.

Roamy
8th June 2010, 01:24
yes the toad hopped right to the front. Rory, Ross and TAD

Mia 01
8th June 2010, 20:02
Mansell isn´t holding Ferrari high at the moment, but was those he know.

wedge
9th June 2010, 13:32
They are almost there and it only took them 2 years since Todt left.

Harsh to blame on Luca.

I put my finger on Alonso. Someone needs to tell him not to try too hard. Not since he returned to Renault have I seen Alonso drive like a hot-shot/hot headed rookie.

Valve Bounce
9th June 2010, 23:34
Exactly, we live in a world where knowledge does not have nationality, sex or color.
Ferrari got to the top because of Todt being a very open minded person who didn't hire only French people for the team's top positions if any.

I just read this and suddenly I thought:"what about Chinese tech guys?" Has anyone thought about hiring these guys. For those who might not have realised it, the Chinese have the most sophisticated hacking/tracking/eavesdropping, bugging technocrats in the whole WORLD. They are constantly hacking into other governments secret systems. And who the hell could possibly figure out they were copying anyone if the plans are in Chinese?

555-04Q2
10th June 2010, 06:44
I just read this and suddenly I thought:"what about Chinese tech guys?" Has anyone thought about hiring these guys. For those who might not have realised it, the Chinese have the most sophisticated hacking/tracking/eavesdropping, bugging technocrats in the whole WORLD. They are constantly hacking into other governments secret systems. And who the hell could possibly figure out they were copying anyone if the plans are in Chinese?

Not a chance Valve :bounce: The Indians are far sharper than the Chinese with IT technology.

Tazio
16th June 2010, 08:28
Ferrari's turnaround in fortunes look set to continue at the European Grand Prix as the team are due to unveil their own version of the 'Red Bull-like exhaust-blown rear end'.
Rumours are that it is worth as much as 0.7secs per lap

'Ferrari are said to have been staggered when they saw in the tunnel just how much this feature improved things.'

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/f1/story/0,25552,3213_6207027,00.html

LET THE BASHING BEGIN :D

I have doubts about this assertion myself.
And who started the rumors?
My guess is the tabloid press! :dozey:

SGWilko
16th June 2010, 09:45

Well Taz, if the low slung exhausts are that much of a benefit, when the Mercs and McLarens get them sorted, where will that leave Red Bull?

Retro Formula 1
16th June 2010, 11:19

I think you will find it's 0.1 seconds and the rest is Alonso :)

SGWilko
16th June 2010, 11:27
I think you will find it's 0.1 seconds and the rest is Alonso :)

Priceless!

Big Ben
16th June 2010, 14:55
I think they should change the title of the thread: "Ferrari haters thread" would be more suitable :laugh: or at least "Ferrari fair weather fans thread" to be at least in tone with the starters true identity :laugh: . Looking at the last pages it looks more and more like a corpse devoured by hyenas :laugh:

ioan
16th June 2010, 20:50
I think they should change the title of the thread: "Ferrari haters thread" would be more suitable :laugh: or at least "Ferrari fair weather fans thread" to be at least in tone with the starters true identity :laugh: . Looking at the last pages it looks more and more like a corpse devoured by hyenas :laugh:

Rather change to 'The Alonso's arse kisser thread' to reflect your true identity.

PS: Did they already cut your salary by 25%? :p :

Big Ben
16th June 2010, 21:12
Rather change to 'The Alonso's arse kisser thread' to reflect your true identity.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I´m not like you Ioan. I don´t love him. It´s just more fun to watch like this. Once upon a time I was praying for Kimi to kick Alonso´s ass. So don´t relate to me. I don´t share your man-love for a driver. I don´t even think it´s normal.

PS: I didn´t start this bogus thread so there´s no reason to name it after me.

Tazio
16th June 2010, 21:46

And if FM was leading the two in points I'd be listening to derogatory comments like "Massa Baby" (when not bashing Fred)

I think they should change the title of the thread: "Ferrari haters thread"

Yes the first two comments right out of the box

I think you will find it's 0.1 seconds and the rest is Alonso

Priceless!

You guys need some new material!
That sh!+'s gotten really old :dozey:

The title, and link I posted was about Ferrari. More specifically about what has been done at the factory. It was not about either pilot.
Your just Gumpy because of the fact that FM isn't beating FA, and Mike chances at winning the WDC or even having a fight for it are all but history!
You need to find another basket to put all your eggs in! :)

Dzeidzei
16th June 2010, 22:18

Btw, if Alonsos driving is worth 6 tenths and something blowing from his rear another 7 tenths, doesnt that come close to 1.3 secs?

Tazio
16th June 2010, 22:39
Btw, if Alonsos driving is worth 6 tenths and something blowing from his rear another 7 tenths, doesnt that come close to 1.3 secs?Why are you asking me?

Big Ben
17th June 2010, 07:32
Btw, if Alonsos driving is worth 6 tenths and something blowing from his rear another 7 tenths, doesnt that come close to 1.3 secs?

another post without mentioning Santander. Congrats. Judging by Massa's pace i think it 6 tenths are a sign of modesty :laugh:

harsha
17th June 2010, 08:57
aren't the tifosi supposed to support the team regardless of the drivers who are in the team :?:

Dzeidzei
17th June 2010, 09:23
Why are you asking me?

Wasnt really, sorry. Just a general q.

Dzeidzei
17th June 2010, 09:29
another post without mentioning Santander. Congrats. Judging by Massa's pace i think it 6 tenths are a sign of modesty :laugh:

Well thank you. The Santander stuff is old by now, as everyone knows Freddie was bought in with Spanish money. I think the big lesson for everyone in this is that no contract is certain. Theres a price for everything.

But speaking about Freddie and the fact that he drives like a complete tool at the moment: does this make the Alonso-to-Ferrari move a stupid one and very expensive at the moment?

BTW, I dont think Ferraris pace is due to the drivers at the moment. Under current management they will win absolutely zip this year or the coming years. The sooner they realise this and act accordingly, the shorter time the tifosi will suffer. But thats F1, you have your ups and downs.

Retro Formula 1
17th June 2010, 11:00
And if FM was leading the two in points I'd be listening to derogatory comments like "Massa Baby" (when not bashing Fred)

Yes the first two comments right out of the box

You guys need some new material!
That sh!+'s gotten really old :dozey:

The title, and link I posted was about Ferrari. More specifically about what has been done at the factory. It was not about either pilot.
Your just Gumpy because of the fact that FM isn't beating FA, and Mike chances at winning the WDC or even having a fight for it are all but history!
You need to find another basket to put all your eggs in! :)

Excellent post :up:

And yes, I do need some new material ;)

555-04Q2
17th June 2010, 11:01
aren't the tifosi supposed to support the team regardless of the drivers who are in the team :?:

Yes, we always support the team, no matter what. The problem is the crappy drivers they have been employing the last few years, we dont support them :down:

pino
17th June 2010, 11:36
Yes, we always support the team, no matter what. The problem is the crappy drivers they have been employing the last few years, we dont support them :down:

There's nothing wrong with drivers or the Team, just others have done a better job so far. Keep the faith as all real tifosi do ;)

Tazio
17th June 2010, 13:34
There's nothing wrong with drivers or the Team, just others have done a better job so far. Keep the faith as all real tifosi do ;) Amen brother! :)

Tazio
17th June 2010, 13:57
But speaking about Freddie and the fact that he drives like a complete tool at the moment: does this make the Alonso-to-Ferrari move a stupid one and very expensive at the moment?
You'ld like to believe that, but it simply is not true.

BTW, I dont think Ferraris pace is due to the drivers at the moment. Under current management they will win absolutely zip this year or the coming years. The sooner they realise this and act accordingly, the shorter time the tifosi will suffer. But thats F1, you have your ups and downs. You’re jumping the gun.
Let's wait a few more races since they have one pilot that is only 15 points off the lead with major upgrades coming forthwith.
BTW Chew on this! Fred even gives your man Kimi a compliment.

One of the many interesting things to come out of the Canadian Grand Prix was the re-emergence of Fernando Alonso as a title contender. Not that he ever wasn’t – it just seemed for many weeks as if the Red Bulls and McLarens were getting away from him, especially in Turkey where Ferrari were very poor indeed.

And yet, incredibly, Alonso would have topped the standings had he won on Sunday (and he was absolutely adamant that he could have), which says as much for Alonso’s ability to keep putting in solid drives as it does for the media’s almost exclusive focus on the McLaren v Red Bull fight.

Now the talk from Maranello is of “aggressive pushes” and new exhaust systems for Valencia, with[b] team bosses having admitted they spent too much time and effort trying to match McLaren’s F-duct.

Alonso is bullish. “I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again now, this is a stage event and the final one of those stages will not come until November in Abu Dhabi,” the two-time world champion said. “There is still a long way to go and things can change very quickly, going either one way or the other.

“People seem to have forgotten that last year, in the middle part of the season and in a car that was getting ever less competitive, Kimi [Raikkonen] was the driver who scored the most points.”

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tomcary/100009577/championship-success-for-ferrari-this-season-could-lay-stereotyping-to-rest/

F1boat
17th June 2010, 14:25
Well, I have difficulty supporting the team, as Luca seems to be turning into a very sour old man and I don't like his idea if national team.
But i can't help myself. When I see the red cars, the feeling is special and nothing can change that. This is Ferrari, after all, and the fact that I happen to like Alonso is another bonus.
So I continue to cheer for them - although I admit that I enjoy the victories of some other drivers and teams as well.

SGWilko
17th June 2010, 15:20
Apparently the budget defecit of Spain is rather large, Fred's tax bill alone will go alone way to keep the country afloat...... ;)

Firstgear
17th June 2010, 15:30

You and I must have a different definition of the word team. I consider the drivers to be part of the team. You, it seems, do not.

What about the mechanics then. By your logic/definition, if they employ crappy mechanics, you will support the team, but not the mechanics?

Same can be asked of the engineers, owners, and the guys that mow the lawn. "I support the Team, but not those crappy drivers, mechanics, engineers, support staff......"

My definition would include all of them as part of the team. A team is like a body, it may have stronger & weaker parts but you accept it (and it works best) as a whole. You don't gouge out your eyes if they are weak - you get glasses.

Looks like your definition could exclude any part - if for some reason you disapprove of it.

Sounds to me as if you're a fan of a big shiny red building, and nothing more.

pino
17th June 2010, 17:13
My definition would include all of them as part of the team. A team is like a body, it may have stronger & weaker parts but you accept it (and it works best) as a whole.

Mia 01
17th June 2010, 19:00
Ferrari are doomed as I se it. Only copying other teams, nothing new of their own. Alonso bar the Santander money is no Kimi.

donKey jote
17th June 2010, 21:25
Apparently the budget defecit of Spain is rather large, Fred's tax bill alone will go alone way to keep the country afloat...... ;)

Apparently Spain´s deficit is almost as large as the UK´s (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-budget-deficit-set-to-outstrip-greece-1963130.html) but anyhow, Fred doesn´t even pay taxes in Spain....... ;)
:dozey:

Dzeidzei
18th June 2010, 10:02
BTW Chew on this! Fred even gives your man Kimi a compliment.

Well, either Fred knows something or his just plain stupid.

555-04Q2
18th June 2010, 11:14
You and I must have a different definition of the word team. I consider the drivers to be part of the team. You, it seems, do not.

What about the mechanics then. By your logic/definition, if they employ crappy mechanics, you will support the team, but not the mechanics?

Same can be asked of the engineers, owners, and the guys that mow the lawn. "I support the Team, but not those crappy drivers, mechanics, engineers, support staff......"

My definition would include all of them as part of the team. A team is like a body, it may have stronger & weaker parts but you accept it (and it works best) as a whole. You don't gouge out your eyes if they are weak - you get glasses.

Looks like your definition could exclude any part - if for some reason you disapprove of it.

Sounds to me as if you're a fan of a big shiny red building, and nothing more.

Drivers come and go (mechanics, managers etc included) but Ferrari remains.

CaptainRaiden
18th June 2010, 12:31
Drivers come and go (mechanics, managers etc included) but Ferrari remains.

:confused: But aren't they "PART" of the team while they're there? So, what you're saying is that if a "crappy" driver wins the championship for Ferrari, you won't be as happy for them as when let's say your favorite driver wins the championship? So, then if your loyalties dwindle because of the drivers, then are you really supporting the team?

It's funny how sometimes Schumacher fans call themselves Ferrari fans or "Tifosi" while he's there and jump ship as soon as he leaves or is driving for another team. The man-love for him displayed by some on this forum is truly amazing.

DexDexter
18th June 2010, 15:08
There's nothing wrong with drivers or the Team, just others have done a better job so far. Keep the faith as all real tifosi do ;)

There wasn't anything wrong with the drivers last year...I see a pattern here.

555-04Q2
18th June 2010, 15:11
:confused: But aren't they "PART" of the team while they're there? So, what you're saying is that if a "crappy" driver wins the championship for Ferrari, you won't be as happy for them as when let's say your favorite driver wins the championship? So, then if your loyalties dwindle because of the drivers, then are you really supporting the team?

It's funny how sometimes Schumacher fans call themselves Ferrari fans or "Tifosi" while he's there and jump ship as soon as he leaves or is driving for another team. The man-love for him displayed by some on this forum is truly amazing.

Yes, drivers, mechanics etc all form part of the greater whole of the team, but I support the Ferrari name/brand, not individuals. The team is broken up whenever there is a personnel position change, be it driver or behind the scene's personnel. I support the Ferrari brand, which never changes :)

F1boat
18th June 2010, 15:12
Only copying other teams, nothing new of their own. Alonso bar the Santander money is no Kimi.

No, he has two championships instead of one.

555-04Q2
18th June 2010, 15:14

:laugh: :up: :laugh:

Tazio
19th June 2010, 16:08
Fred takes a few laps around Fiorno in F10 (b) for a promotional filming event.
WTF :evil:
Apparently they are not using their (not technically) gill vents. But I will be very surprised if they don't have them for a proper running.
The quality of these pics actually makes it too difficult to tell.

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv343/baltathor/ferrari.jpg

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8868/dibujoqq.png

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/6425/dibujoxpj.png

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_m_x0R_80hkI/TBvqXnQ29DI/AAAAAAAAE-U/sQbKX31AVWc/Captura%20de%20pantalla%20completa%2018062010%2023 4544.jpg

The vid is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOZeeMZ6W4

jens
19th June 2010, 22:21

Well, mate - try to tell seriously now, what would you prefer. P1 as an international Ferrari or P4 as an Italian Ferrari?

Tazio
20th June 2010, 02:55
Well, mate - try to tell seriously now, what would you prefer. P1 as an international Ferrari or P4 as an Italian Ferrari?

Huh, not a big fan of doing mid-season ranks. Too little races to judge and with every race the picture changes. By the end of the season the situation would look clearer.
Make up your mind mate. You can't have it both ways :dozey:

Saint Devote
20th June 2010, 03:17

And it was Ron Dennis who apolgized to Kimi for the team let the Finn down which would have seen him win at LEAST 5 more GP's than he did and a world title.

Secondly, Kimi won his title with Ferrari in his FIRST season with the Scuderia.

It is not that easy to win a title with Ferrari - not many drivers have done so and in their first year?

I'd say that Kimi leads Fernando in this.

Of course the ultimate as a racing driver for Ferrari is to win the title in the first year, and clinching the title by winning the Italian Grand Prix at Monza!

Not many have done THAT. The tifosi will adore you forever - just ask Jody what its like when he visits Italy :D :D :D

pino
20th June 2010, 06:16

Season isn't over yet...I will answer you at the end of it ;)

Tazio
20th June 2010, 07:43
Horrible resolution, but I can only work with what I have!
Here is an end-to-end comparison Between the RB6, the Ferrari F10 that raced in Turkey, and the new F10b that had a little shakedown in Fiorno yesterday
Its crappy photography but you can see the dramatic change around the rear of the f10b

http://f1around.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/escapamento-do-f103.jpg

jens
20th June 2010, 10:49
Make up your mind mate. You can't have it both ways :dozey:

Season isn't over yet...I will answer you at the end of it ;)

My question does not mean that Ferrari will in fact finish 4th. It's more a hypothetical question based on the notion that if Italians like Ferrari to become Italian, would they like it at any cost and compromise. Oh, and by the way while we are at it, Ferrari factually finished 4th in the 2009 WCC...

Tazio
20th June 2010, 11:25
My question does not mean that Ferrari will in fact finish 4th. It's more a hypothetical question based on the notion that if Italians like Ferrari to become Italian, would they like it at any cost and compromise. Oh, and by the way while we are at it, Ferrari factually finished 4th in the 2009 WCC...I find rhetorical questions of this nature serve only one purpose;
To insight the masses in this arena/forum! And in my humble fucI<ing opinion Jens,
I had considered you much better than that :rolleyes:

ioan
20th June 2010, 11:40
My question does not mean that Ferrari will in fact finish 4th. It's more a hypothetical question based on the notion that if Italians like Ferrari to become Italian, would they like it at any cost and compromise. Oh, and by the way while we are at it, Ferrari factually finished 4th in the 2009 WCC...

Exactly.

Anyway as long as Ferrari keep hiring only Italians it will be impossible for them to have the best technical team, unless an Italian is best in the world in each domain, which obviously isn't the case.

ioan
20th June 2010, 11:41
I find rhetorical questions of this nature serve only one purpose;
To insight the masses in this arena/forum! And in my humble fucI<ing opinion Jens,
I had considered you much better than that :rolleyes:

That wasn't a question, it was a statement.
Given how good you consider yourself you should have known it. :p