PDA

View Full Version : The Ferrari thread !

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11

Tazio
2nd October 2013, 03:10
Ferrari not cheating their fans by throwing in the towel. This is F1 racing fellas, with the good teams doing their best all season. :champion:

Fernando Alonso is 60 points behind Sebastian Vettel in the drivers' standings, while Red Bull can also boast a 103-point advantage over Ferrari in the constructors'. However, Fry told the official Ferrari website that the team has more updates still to come to the car with only minimal running being applicable to 2014.

"We've still got some developments coming through for the next few races and we will be running and testing them to continue to try and improve the car," Fry said. "For 2014, because of the much larger changes to the cars on the engine side and also the aero aspect, it's naturally much harder to test components now, but there will be some small development bits we can run during this year's remaining free practice, looking more on the reliability front than anything else, which means we have busy Fridays planned for the next six races."

Aging wrinkles the body, quitting wrinkles the soul - General Douglas McArther :bones:

Parabolica
2nd October 2013, 21:32
Switch off the F138s life-support, I can't bear to see it suffer anymore!

What has well and truly stuffed us is the disgraceful actions of Paul Hembrey. Pirelli changing their tyres because other teams couldn't use them was never Ferrari's problem.

Another crap Domenicali decision.

If he had a back-bone, he would have done a Todt, Indy 05 style.

Instead we got rolled-over nicey-nice.

And no title.

Shite-hawks, as my Northern Grandad used to say.

Parabolica
2nd October 2013, 21:40
But we've still got Felipe-Baby, ready to smash the field just like he said he would, Gangnam Style!

Yes, Newey won't know what's hit him when Felipe is unleashed.

I predict that he will be on pole by at least 42 seconds, now that he has broken the evil Alonso's spell.

jens
3rd October 2013, 11:10
http://www.formula1.com/wi/gi/597x478/C9QR/manual/88_ita_06.jpg

I just had to quote this picture again. It is just so awesome in every aspect.

Classical F1 cars, dark-red Ferraris with all those traditional front and rear wing shapes. Chequered flag.
The angle of the picture is excellent. Cheering Crowds with flags in the background. Big "Agip" signs, which was a big and traditional Ferrari partner and sponsor. Forest in the background with classic Monza oval banking.

Firstgear
3rd October 2013, 15:45
Ferrari not cheating their fans by throwing in the towel. This is F1 racing fellas, with the good teams doing their best all season. :champion:

[quote]Fernando Alonso is 60 points behind Sebastian Vettel in the drivers' standings, while Red Bull can also boast a 103-point advantage over Ferrari in the constructors'. However, Fry told the official Ferrari website that the team has more updates still to come to the car with only minimal running being applicable to 2014.

"We've still got some developments coming through for the next few races and we will be running and testing them to continue to try and improve the car," Fry said. "For 2014, because of the much larger changes to the cars on the engine side and also the aero aspect, it's naturally much harder to test components now, but there will be some small development bits we can run during this year's remaining free practice, looking more on the reliability front than anything else, which means we have busy Fridays planned for the next six races."

Aging wrinkles the body, quitting wrinkles the soul - General Douglas McArther :bones:[/quote:3f1t69g0]
They're only 7 points ahead of Mercedes in the constructors battle, so it makes sense to keep on fighting to stay ahead.

Firstgear
3rd October 2013, 15:49

Classical F1 cars, dark-red Ferraris with all those traditional front and rear wing shapes. Chequered flag.
The angle of the picture is excellent. Cheering Crowds with flags in the background. Big "Agip" signs, which was a big and traditional Ferrari partner and sponsor. Forest in the background with classic Monza oval banking.
You forgot to mention the grey, smoggy sky. :p ahhhh - the smell of the track.

Tazio
3rd October 2013, 16:03

[quote]Fernando Alonso is 60 points behind Sebastian Vettel in the drivers' standings, while Red Bull can also boast a 103-point advantage over Ferrari in the constructors'. However, Fry told the official Ferrari website that the team has more updates still to come to the car with only minimal running being applicable to 2014.

Aging wrinkles the body, quitting wrinkles the soul - General Douglas McArther :bones:
They're only 7 points ahead of Mercedes in the constructors battle, so it makes sense to keep on fighting to stay ahead.[/quote:2p1wiopa]
An F1 battle that is enough to keep me interested (amoung other things) in the rest of the races.
Meanwhile:

Mercedes' Lewis Hamilton on Thursday stirred the pot by admitting Vettel's traction in Singapore was not normal.

"The last time I was able to put the pedal down that quick was back in 2007 or 2008, when we had traction control," he said.

But Ferrari's Fernando Alonso admitted Red Bull, whose engine he said has been emitting the odd tones in corners all season long, is doing nothing wrong.

"They are using something different compared to the other teams but something that is completely ok," he is quoted by the BBC.

henners88
3rd October 2013, 16:13
Good old Lewis, you need a bit of stirring at this point in the season lol.

Tazio
3rd October 2013, 16:46
Switch off the F138s life-support, I can't bear to see it suffer anymore!

What has well and truly stuffed us is the disgraceful actions of Paul Hembrey. Pirelli changing their tyres because other teams couldn't use them was never Ferrari's problem.

Agreed
"
Those who question our decision are probably afraid of our line-up. The combination will work because both are so different. Kimi knows the team, is fast, makes no mistakes and doesn't get involved in politics.

"The priority for us is to make sure that we have a good car. So I put the pressure on the engineers to make sure it happens. If it's fast, I expect no problems."
Get off cali's ass.
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/196435/1/d ... mpaign=rss (http://www.crash.net/f1/news/196435/1/domenicali_we_considered_hulkenberg.html?utm_sourc e=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=rss)

dj_bytedisaster
3rd October 2013, 18:03

Another crap Domenicali decision.

Instead we got rolled-over nicey-nice.

And no title.

Shite-hawks, as my Northern Grandad used to say.

Except that the tyres were changed because of the tyre blow-ups at Bahrain and Silverstone. Without Silverstone they wouldn't have been changed, because all teams must agree and Force India rejected any tyre change. After Silverstone they did a U-turn and agreed to bring back the 2012 construction.

Parabolica
4th October 2013, 08:07

Not to mention that it was only days after the death of the Commendatore.

It adds a poignancy, a sense of loss, a respect, to the joy of that moment. I don't believe in it, but if ever there was a spiritual moment, that was it.

It is something only Ferrari could give us.

555-04Q2
4th October 2013, 09:28

Epic is the word I would use for this picture :)

Parabolica
4th October 2013, 11:33
Everything it is, is everything Korea isn't!

555-04Q2
4th October 2013, 11:48
Yip!!!!!!!

Parabolica
4th October 2013, 12:29
Maybe we should start a petition, so that the next time Sebastian is running away at Monza, Jean-Louis Schlesser is brought out of retirement to trip him up at the first chicane?

Who's with me?!!!?

To the Printers Shop!!!

Just me, then.

555-04Q2
4th October 2013, 13:33
^^^^^^^^^^

Count me in :p:

Parabolica
5th October 2013, 09:36
Perhaps we should enquire if Mr Schlesser is available tomorrow?

Parabolica
6th October 2013, 10:04
I'm not surprised by the result.

For too long, Domenicali has been relying on Alonso pulling rabbits out of hats.

Big thank you to Felipe for another brilliant performance.

Tazio
11th October 2013, 04:02
Su-freakin'-zuka
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... 8919_n.jpg (https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/579146_10151757122793759_1910058919_n.jpg)

:stareup: :sailor: :angel:

Tazio
11th October 2013, 04:31
Strangely enough, shit happens !

Tazio
11th October 2013, 16:29
Check out the gnarrly crash at :35 :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1j7hmJmSJA

Parabolica
12th October 2013, 10:40
Hopefully, Kimi will remember to brake when there is a car in front of him at the first corner this year.

Although he didn't in Monza, as I recall.

The good news is that this year's title has all but gone anyway.

It's nice to see Felipe trying to impress. Surprising, what the loss of a cushy job can do.

airshifter
13th October 2013, 04:46
Hopefully, Kimi will remember to brake when there is a car in front of him at the first corner this year.

It's nice to see Felipe trying to impress. Surprising, what the loss of a cushy job can do.

Hopefully Fred won't try to push Kimi off the track this year, then act as if he is innocent. :laugh:

As it turns out the lesser Felipe went on to a podium step that race. Oh how the mighty sometimes fall hard.

Tazio
13th October 2013, 09:36

Hopefully Fred won't try to push Kimi off the track this year, then act as if he is innocent. :laugh:

As it turns out the lesser Felipe went on to a podium step that race. Oh how the mighty sometimes fall hard.
And hows the wimpy often just fade away! :stareup:

Parabolica
13th October 2013, 13:41
Another fine contribution to the cause from Felipe. Even when he has optimum position to work his strategy, even when his pace is on a level, even ahead, he manages to come away with a points tally just a little bit higher than the square root of nothing.

If Lotus choose him over Hulkenberg, then they need sectioning under the Mental Health Act.

As do Ferrari management, for subjecting us to another unnecessary season of him.

Had Hulkenberg been in that seat this year, he would have achieved much more.

How the Scuderia are 2nd in the Constructors is one of the greatest mysteries of our age!

zako85
13th October 2013, 13:52
Even though Alonso finished fourth, he was nowhere near to battle for the third. The way Ferraris struggled to pass the Ferrari-powered Toro Rosso and Sauber at about lap 19 made me suspect that by now Ferrari pretty much finished the development of the 2013 car. Alonso probably gets the credit for punching above the weight of his car right now.

Parabolica
13th October 2013, 16:02

As it turns out the lesser Felipe went on to a podium step that race. Oh how the mighty sometimes fall hard.[/quote

We Ferrari fans know Fernando is mega-talented, but we were unaware he could affect physical laws so as to be able to push someone off who was behind him.

Fernando had every right to be in that part of the track. Kimi was the one at fault. He lost control.

He cost Ferrari a title.

He owes us big.

Tazio
13th October 2013, 16:55
Congrat's to Zo:

Fernando Alonso surpassed Michael Schumacher as the sport's record points scorer

Tazio
13th October 2013, 19:04
Kimi's weakness has always been motivation. He loses it quite easily. Romain has been getting the better of him in recent races, in terms of qualifying and also race pace. I fear Ferrari may be hoping they can keep him interested so that he does better. But as i said in the Korean thread, Grosjean has his ticket, and i don't think Kimi can counter the kid's speed.

Bagwan
13th October 2013, 19:31
Kimi's weakness has always been motivation. He loses it quite easily. Romain has been getting the better of him in recent races, in terms of qualifying and also race pace. I fear Ferrari may be hoping they can keep him interested so that he does better. But as i said in the Korean thread, Grosjean has his ticket, and i don't think Kimi can counter the kid's speed.

Remember , zizzle , that Kimi is leaving , so won't be getting the long end of the stick .

And , if he feels too slighted , he won't be trying too hard to do them any favours .
It's gotta be a bit "pins and needles" around there .

Tweeting rabbits might be making Romain look a little better than he would normally .

But , that said , Rogro did a pretty good job , I must say .

Parabolica
13th October 2013, 20:58
According to Autosport, it appears Massa ignored a Team Order.

I don't care that he won't be driving for us next year, I don't care that he has followed orders before.

I hope Luca lays into him, then sacks him on the eve of Brazil.

Hopefully, those who were quick to criticize Alonso for his outbursts and public criticisms will be hyper-critical of a driver in the team who does not show respect to his employers.

Sebastian gets booed for doing it!

Tazio
13th October 2013, 21:02

Remember , zizzle , that Kimi is leaving , so won't be getting the long end of the stick .

And , if he feels too slighted , he won't be trying too hard to do them any favours .
It's gotta be a bit "pins and needles" around there .

Tweeting rabbits might be making Romain look a little better than he would normally .

But , that said , Rogro did a pretty good job , I must say .
Rogro is the bomb; if he had had equal machinery as Kimi earlier in the season the race would have been much closer, (although Kimi did quite consistently well). I'd take Hulk or Rogro over Kimi, but kimi will at least score some good points.
Hey Mia, Fred passed Felipe again in a fair fight, your boy aint producing the results you said he would after he announced his retirement. Sorry you are so wrong about that. Fred passed him on lap 20. At least Felipe baby impaired his teammate until he ran out of talent :laugh: Shambolic of that mousey little greaseball :laugh:

airshifter
14th October 2013, 04:20

As it turns out the lesser Felipe went on to a podium step that race. Oh how the mighty sometimes fall hard.[/quote

We Ferrari fans know Fernando is mega-talented, but we were unaware he could affect physical laws so as to be able to push someone off who was behind him.

Fernando had every right to be in that part of the track. Kimi was the one at fault. He lost control.

He cost Ferrari a title.

He owes us big.

With the exception of photos that clearly show Kimi alongside, I can agree. After all, they penalized him heavily for causing the contact didn't they? Kimi was two wheels on the grass when he quit moving over... Fred still hit him and took himself out of the race.

As for who owes Ferrari a title... let's check the score

Kimi -1

Fernando - 0

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 08:37
I think you need to go to SpecSavers.

Kimi was never alongside. Go watch the onboard camera from Fernando.

But hurry, because School starts soon, and you must nit.miss today's lesson in basic physics.

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2013, 08:52

But hurry, because School starts soon, and you must nit.miss today's lesson in basic physics.

I think it is you, who needs an appointment with specsavers, old man. Fernando and Kimi were side-by-side. It was a racing incident as it can happen after the start.

And while you're at it, you might want to add an appointment with a logopedist as well. Both you and Mr. Alca-whatsisname both have shown worrying language assembly deficits lately and have developed a habit of insulting people that dare to criticize a certain love interest of yours. I wonder why you even bothered to sign up here, when most of your posts are just full of negativity and insulting remarks about people, who don't agree with you?

Tazio
14th October 2013, 10:03

I think it is you, who needs an appointment with specsavers, old man. Fernando and Kimi were side-by-side. It was a racing incident as it can happen after the start.

And while you're at it, you might want to add an appointment with a logopedist as well. Both you and Mr. Alca-whatsisname both have shown worrying language assembly deficits lately and have developed a habit of insulting people that dare to criticize a certain love interest of yours. I wonder why you even bothered to sign up here, when most of your posts are just full of negativity and insulting remarks about people, who don't agree with you?
If you can't understand the post move your pussy ass on to the next composition, Samuel Taylor!

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 11:25
Alca, my fellow Tifoso, do not react to those who live in glass houses.

From my first post, he has been aggressive, presumably because he himself does not like opposition.

Hence why the Ignore function is in employment.

If he wishes to reply to my posts, he is free to do so. It's his time he is wasting.

Mia 01
14th October 2013, 11:30
Calm down a bit, it´s not time to look in the mirrors now, lets look forward.

Ahh, well, apparently Fernando already do that.

Bagwan
14th October 2013, 14:42
Mousa has got to go . NOW .

What is it that keeps him in that seat ?
He hasn't useful for a loooong time .

And , they are saying they will say nothing about it .
What the hell ?

The championship is all but over , and this idiot doesn't grab the only stitch of dignity he can muster , as a fine , dutiful number two for the Scuderia , letting his team-mate by , but rather , decides to keep him behind , tearing up his tires , eliminating any hope at all for Alonso .

Taking away his keys on the eve of Brazil would be fitting for the little traitor , but I'm not so sure that Brazil would understand fully .
He's got a powerful pout .

But then , certainly the reds cannot have been seen as anything but the most loyal towards the little Mousa .

Perhaps we should ask who we would have in to replace him .

Tazio
14th October 2013, 14:52
lets look forward.

And only saw Kimi in his rear view mirrors san.

Big Ben
14th October 2013, 15:18
To me it was always a mystery why people described Massa as mister nice guy... his behavior in Japan fits too well with what I think of him.

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2013, 15:33
To me it was always a mystery why people described Massa as mister nice guy... his behavior in Japan fits too well with what I think of him.

What did he do wrong? He was abused to make Alonso shine for years, now that they said that he's outlived his usefulness, he tries to drive for his future. What's wrong with that? Shall he beg for the Scuderria to bend him over the nearest piece of furniture to give him yet another jolly good anal seeing-to? Especially now where Fernando hasn't got more than a minute theoretical chance in the title fight anyways? He always did what they asked him to. Now he thinks of his own future. I see nothing wrong with that.

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 15:43

Indeed, let's look forward.

Hopefully, Kimi will, for a change.

Big Ben
14th October 2013, 15:43
he could have done the job he was supposed to do, help the team. in the end the only thing he proved was that he was no match for FA anyway and being a no. 2 at Ferrari is all he could be. instead he sort of thrown the toys out of the pram and for what? The team has been more than patient with him.. and it turns out still is. He should have been a goner a long time ago.

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2013, 16:00
he could have done the job he was supposed to do, help the team. in the end the only thing he proved was that he was no match for FA anyway and being a no. 2 at Ferrari is all he could be. instead he sort of thrown the toys out of the pram and for what? The team has been more than patient with him.. and it turns out still is. He should have been a goner a long time ago.

Help the team doing what? Fernando would need to win all remaining races and the top 3 were already half a week up the road and Ferrari doesn't look good enough for a podium right now. Why should he roll over in what might be the last races of his career for no apparent reason or benefit? At the time they were running 4th and 5th and for the WCC it doesn't make the faintest difference, who finishes ahead. And for the driver title Alonso can just as well do the French thing and surrender. There was no gain from rolling over other than stroking Alonso's ego.

Big Ben
14th October 2013, 16:05
Help the team doing what?

get all the points they can get.

There was no gain from rolling over other than stroking Alonso's ego.

i think in the end that's just what he did

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2013, 16:14
[quote="dj_bytedisaster":1ts9ofu2]Help the team doing what?

get all the points they can get.[/quote:1ts9ofu2]

And how does it help to let Alonso pass for 4th when the other 3 before him are out of reach anyways? There was no car infront of Massa that Alonso could've challengend. I would have agreed if this had been a 8/9 situation with Alonso more likely to make up a few more positions, but 4th was the best they could've hoped for in any case. No real reason to wave Alonso past.

Mia 01
14th October 2013, 16:19

Indeed, let's look forward.

Hopefully, Kimi will, for a change.

He will, he will! I think his mind already is on next year. Air tickets are very expensive.

Mia 01
14th October 2013, 16:25
About Massa. Four nearly four years now he has been Fernandos slouch, he even had to break the sealing on his gearbox for him!! The whole Ferrari team know this and are ashamed. Therefore no punishment!!

Let him drive at his own will for a few races for gods sake.

airshifter
14th October 2013, 16:51
I can understand both points with Felipe.

He has been treated as a #2 every since Alonso joined the team, and subject to team orders on a number of occasions. But he has allowed that to happen and accepted it. He's now angry he doesn't have a ride with Ferrari next year and wants to prove a point. He could have allowed Alonso to pass early on, then raced his own race after that. Then potential teams would have saw him as both a team player and the driver he is.

I wish Felipe would have taken the high road myself and just allowed Fernando to pass. I can understand his frustration, but Ferrari have been good to him as he has never really returned to full form after the accident. I guess he is just sick of being #2. Maybe if he gets a ride he will be happier on equal terms with another driver in a lesser car.

On the flip side, though I don't feel Ferrari owe him anything at all, they really had nothing to gain doing what they did either. The title is gone at this point, and the finishing order won't help them in constructors points. If they think Alonso is #1, make him prove it on track rather than think he will always have a lapdog to order around through the team.

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 17:22
Here's the thing.

Felipe is still employed by, and under contract to, Scuderia Ferrari.

He should therefore do what they say.

It is irrelevant what his justification for not wanting to is, it is of no consequence that he would rather not.

He is an employee, not a free man.

It says a lot about the character of Domenicali that this has happened.

It would not have happened on Todts watch.

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2013, 17:35
It is irrelevant what his justification for not wanting to is, it is of no consequence that he would rather not.

Didn't quite deter Alonso from calling his team folk idiots over the team radio after the Monza qualifying, Or isn't Alonso an employee, too. And even if you are an employee, you are still a free man. Slavery has been abolished long time ago - unless you live in Alabama or whatever run-down slum you come from.

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 17:40
^^^^^ THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE BY DJ_BYTEDISASTER, WHO IS CURRENTLY ON YOUR IGNORE LIST^^^^^

airshifter
14th October 2013, 17:41
Here's the thing.

Felipe is still employed by, and under contract to, Scuderia Ferrari.

He should therefore do what they say.

It says a lot about the character of Domenicali that this has happened.

It would not have happened on Todts watch.

Very true, if in fact he contract states that he must give up a position when asked to do so. A contract is only as good as the specifics within it.

There is a huge difference between being an employee and being a contractor. Unless specified otherwise in specifics you can suggest, request or advise a contractor.... but usually they don't have to comply with anything not in writing and specific.

Felipe feels he is being screwed and wants to screw them back for a change. Though I'm not fan of Stefano he may not be able to do anything about it unless he wants to pay the contractor to leave now and replace him. It might even be costing Felipe money for all we know, but without contract specifics it's all speculation.

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2013, 17:42
^^^^^ THIS POST HAS BEEN MADE BY DJ_BYTEDISASTER, WHO IS CURRENTLY ON YOUR IGNORE LIST^^^^^

oh the irony. :laugh: How did you see it if I'm on your ignore list, Einstein? Or should I say vhatever or tamburello or Natalie.S :laugh:

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 17:54

Who wants to bet that I get bored before he does?

Insider Tip -,It's not a good bet.

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2013, 18:02

Who wants to bet that I get bored before he does?

Insider Tip -,It's not a good bet.

Someone who needs to create new accounts again and again after getting continously banned must be kinda bored I agree. But thats as far as I'll take it. I've been around for over ten years and I'm not gonna risk a ban because of a Durak like you, who's only purpüose in life seems to be to troll other people, who want to enjoy their love for the sport.

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 18:03

Is he normally this slow on the uptake?

I've been ignoring him for weeks.

Bagwan
14th October 2013, 19:56
Felipe , Fernando is faster than you .

Sorry , Mousa , but it's true .
The reds pay this guy million$ to drive for them . That's "drive for them" , in case anybody missed that little portion of my statement .

What he's done here is trip over his pouty lower lip , because he could have shown himself as still fast , but more so loyal , to a team who nursed him back to health and held his position for him .
It was early on in the race , so who really knows how it could have affected the results , both in terms of timing , and in terms of extra tire wear on Alonso's car .

He's just shown , once again , that he will disobey team orders as it suits him .

Is his Ferrari experience worth the risk of experiencing the pout for any potential employers ?

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 20:22
100% agree with the above post.

Whilst we do not know the exact details of driver contracts, if the team asks you to do something and you don't, it does nothing for your reputation.

Look at how badly Sebastian's personal credibility was damaged in Malaysia.

Sebastian is a present, multiple World Champion, so has some leverage to get away with a stunt like he did in Malaysia, team-wise.

Felipe has underperformed on more occasions than I can count, so doesnt have such a great position to play from.

In terms of being employable, his Japanese Sunday was a personal Hari-Kari performance. Beaten by his team-mate on pace, overtaken on merit by his team-mate, not folowing team orders and gaining a Drive-Through that cost his team valuable points.

All in all, Employee Of The Month material? No, not at all.

Also, if it was ok for Felipe to do it, then it was ok for Webber to do it back in Silverstone 2011? That wouldn't be different because it didnt involve our friend Fernando, would it? Because that would be a woefully poor state of affairs.

Mia 01
14th October 2013, 21:10
OK then the last three and a half year Felipe has been a lapdog, perhaps it´s written in his contract.

Next year will be a diffrent matter, for sure.

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 21:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZoESZe0mCs

Yes, fully alongside! Level, even!

Massa's onboard proves it!

Please Note - Those of a Kimi Disposition, who may suffer from Unable-To-Apportionate-Fault-On-Their-Boy-Syndrome, may wish to look away.

Kimi evidently was.

Tazio
14th October 2013, 22:00
Didn't quite deter Alonso from calling his team folk idiots over the team radio after the Monza qualifying, Or isn't Alonso an employee, too .Check it out Tarski, Alonso followed the instructions of his team in the episode you have related implicitly. He was just pissed off they didn't work very well and expressed his frustration. Massa it appears willfully broke a team order. Do you understand the difference you dumb hick?

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 22:03
I wouldn't bother, Alca.

Don't get yourself banned because of provocation.

dj_bytedisaster
14th October 2013, 22:26
I wouldn't bother, Alca.

Don't get yourself banned because of provocation.

Well that's something you have ample experience with vthatever/tamburello/Natalie.S :laugh:

Parabolica
14th October 2013, 22:38

airshifter
15th October 2013, 04:23

The reds pay this guy million$ to drive for them . That's "drive for them" , in case anybody missed that little portion of my statement .

What he's done here is trip over his pouty lower lip , because he could have shown himself as still fast , but more so loyal , to a team who nursed him back to health and held his position for him .
It was early on in the race , so who really knows how it could have affected the results , both in terms of timing , and in terms of extra tire wear on Alonso's car .

He's just shown , once again , that he will disobey team orders as it suits him .

Is his Ferrari experience worth the risk of experiencing the pout for any potential employers ?

I completely agree, and had already stated in another thread that I would have preferred if Felipe took the high road and just did as asked. As the race showed, he had nothing to gain by pouting, and everything to lose. Now he has proven both that he is not a team player in this circumstance, and that Alonso was faster.

But depending on his contract specifics, maybe he's been being a team player for years and is just sick of it. Personally I think if Alonso was as great as some claim, there would never really be a need for team orders. My guess is that Felipe is just sick of bowing down to the team in his current state of bitterness. I don't think the team owe him a thing, but Felipe just doesn't seem to see it that way.

airshifter
15th October 2013, 04:42

Please Note - Those of a Kimi Disposition, who may suffer from Unable-To-Apportionate-Fault-On-Their-Boy-Syndrome, may wish to look away.

Kimi evidently was.

Now all you have to do is find a rule that says you can force a driver off the track. I've never seen that one in the Sporting Regs myself.

Alonso caused his own puncture and the video makes it clear. Kimi was not required to yield when Fred turned into him.

Do you think it's a conspiracy theory that Kimi got away with playing by the rules?

555-04Q2
15th October 2013, 07:30

I completely agree, and had already stated in another thread that I would have preferred if Felipe took the high road and just did as asked. As the race showed, he had nothing to gain by pouting, and everything to lose. Now he has proven both that he is not a team player in this circumstance, and that Alonso was faster.

But depending on his contract specifics, maybe he's been being a team player for years and is just sick of it. Personally I think if Alonso was as great as some claim, there would never really be a need for team orders. My guess is that Felipe is just sick of bowing down to the team in his current state of bitterness. I don't think the team owe him a thing, but Felipe just doesn't seem to see it that way.

On the contract dear sir, Massa has always been a team player. When he was partnered with The Shoe, he always played ball, always. I think the fact that he is being dropped by Ferrari at the end of the season has made him feel he doesn't have to comply anymore as his job is already done and dusted. I for one won't begrudge him that, let him race.

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 09:36

Kimi evidently was.

Now all you have to do is find a rule that says you can force a driver off the track. I've never seen that one in the Sporting Regs myself.

Alonso caused his own puncture and the video makes it clear. Kimi was not required to yield when Fred turned into him.

Do you think it's a conspiracy theory that Kimi got away with playing by the rules?

Except there is no turning in by Fernando. There is a clear failure by Kimi to avoid a collision.

Fault 100% his.

True, there was no Stewards punishment. And they are totally infallible, aren't they? They've never made a dumb call?

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 09:41
Also, any chance of supplying the photos you talked about showing that Kimi was alongside?

Without them, its zero credibility, I'm afraid.

555-04Q2
15th October 2013, 10:24
I must have missed this incident cause I don't remember it. What exactly happened?

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 10:49
I must have missed this incident cause I don't remember it. What exactly happened?

Suzuka 2012 start, not this year.

It's ok though, because we will sit down and discuss it, and then agree that I was right.

(Copyright Brian Clough)

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 10:52
That last post was tongue-in-cheek.

Great line, though.

555-04Q2
15th October 2013, 10:56
:rotflmao: ;)

henners88
15th October 2013, 11:48
Judging by what airshifter said they are talking about Suzuka 2012 and the racing incident between Alonso and Raikkonen at the start of the race. Kimi was on the outside of the track partially alongside Alonso and the Ferrari moved across his front wing. Not too dissimilar to Hamilton this year moving across the front of Vettel and being clipped. Just a racing incident and a common hazard in racing.

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 12:19
Fernando was 100% in front, in a position to dictate where he went, Kimi suddenly woke up to the fact he was running out of space, an inevitable consequence of the position he had put himself in, put two wheels on the grass, lost braking and touched Fernando, causing the puncture.

A completely different scenario to Suzuka 2013 and Hamilton's decision to try to intimidate Sebastian.

All it needed was for Kimi to be awake to what was inevitable and in front of him.

Bagwan
15th October 2013, 13:30
Felipe got a free pass this time .

If this happens again , I can't see Felipe finishing the season in that seat .
I have no idea why he's not gone already .

Who fills the role once ol' pouty gets the hook ?

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 13:40
There is the De La Rosa option. He has tested this year, albeit on an F150Italia from '11, but he would not be as rusty as a Badoer.

In truth, I think they will stick with Massa, on the off-chance that he will have one good weekend out of the four. Or someone takes half the field out.

It's a sign of weak management, but that's standard.

SGWilko
15th October 2013, 14:12
Fernando was 100% in front, in a position to dictate where he went, Kimi suddenly woke up to the fact he was running out of space, an inevitable consequence of the position he had put himself in, put two wheels on the grass, lost braking and touched Fernando, causing the puncture.

A completely different scenario to Suzuka 2013 and Hamilton's decision to try to intimidate Sebastian.

All it needed was for Kimi to be awake to what was inevitable and in front of him.

Was Lewis intimidating Seb, or trying to get past Mark?

Tomato or Tomarto?

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 14:42
You say Potato, I say Potarto

Let's call the whole thing off!

Bagwan
15th October 2013, 15:22
There is the De La Rosa option. He has tested this year, albeit on an F150Italia from '11, but he would not be as rusty as a Badoer.

In truth, I think they will stick with Massa, on the off-chance that he will have one good weekend out of the four. Or someone takes half the field out.

It's a sign of weak management, but that's standard.

They've already stuck with Mousa far too long , and now they are stuck with him ?

How sad .

I guess there's the off chance that this is designed to try to make him look good to the other teams , so that they might hire the little pouter , as they know his help won't help , but , with him acting the rebel red , he might be sabotaging the effort himself , making it a failed effort before it begins .

But , I don't really think that the management is up to that kind of complex idea .

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 15:56
Careful, my Canadian friend, for that type of cunning, albeit mixed with the ability of mind-control, smoke and mirrors and the power of mass deception which is way beyond current management (but so is making a cup of tea without mishap, I suspect), is just the sort of thing some of a less enamoured-to-the-Scuderia standing would almost certainly want to believe!

I can see next September's Autosport headline now

"Lotus - Maranello Tricked Us"

Not to mention Sport Bild -

"Lotus - Das Ist Nicht Eine Rennen Pilot".

Firstgear
15th October 2013, 15:59
KOBY

Tazio
15th October 2013, 16:02
Alonso reckoned that there can be no complaints about everyone in Ferrari pushing for their own success, however.

"We are trying to do our best - Felipe, me and the team - to score as many points as possible," he said.

"Sometimes it is easy, and sometimes it is more difficult:

"Or do like Red Bull does - one car does two stops, one car does three stops, and they finish first and second.

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 20:20
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/u ... u-2012.jpg (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/b7-start-suzu-2012.jpg)

Found this photo, which shows a driver running out of track. There's no space to Fernando's right (as he would see it), as there is a Mclaren there. Not Fernando's fault. He is in the primary position, as is evident when viewing the video.

What was Kimi thinking would happen? He put himself on the extremity of the track, vulnerable to having the space in front of him squeezed.

His decision, his fault.

Parabolica
15th October 2013, 21:16
http://grandprixrankings.com/gp-rankings/2012-F1-Suzuka-Raikkonen-Alonso-first-corner-crash.png

Bagwan
16th October 2013, 01:27
Careful, my Canadian friend, for that type of cunning, albeit mixed with the ability of mind-control, smoke and mirrors and the power of mass deception which is way beyond current management (but so is making a cup of tea without mishap, I suspect), is just the sort of thing some of a less enamoured-to-the-Scuderia standing would almost certainly want to believe!

I can see next September's Autosport headline now

"Lotus - Maranello Tricked Us"

Not to mention Sport Bild -

"Lotus - Das Ist Nicht Eine Rennen Pilot".

Too embarrassing for any team to admit being tricked by Maranello at the moment , especially the French .
Tweeting rabbits is ok , though .

Bagwan
16th October 2013, 01:39
Alonso reckoned that there can be no complaints about everyone in Ferrari pushing for their own success, however.

"We are trying to do our best - Felipe, me and the team - to score as many points as possible," he said.

"Sometimes it is easy, and sometimes it is more difficult:

"Or do like Red Bull does - one car does two stops, one car does three stops, and they finish first and second.

Zizzle , he must say these things , or be saddled with a really unhappy and even more unhelpful little Brazilian .

Mind you , with them not seemingly caring about him essentially sabotaging team efforts by ignoring orders , Felipe-baby rebel style , it almost looks like maybe they are giving him enough rope to hang himself .
But then , that also might require enough forethought to be beyond Maranello management at present .

Bagwan
16th October 2013, 01:42
KOBY

Ah , but the place to do that would have been Japan .

I do like the idea , though . It might give Kobay another shot at another seat , if he did well .
He is wearing red these days , isn't he ?

airshifter
16th October 2013, 04:59
http://grandprixrankings.com/gp-rankings/2012-F1-Suzuka-Raikkonen-Alonso-first-corner-crash.png

Even better than the video. In the second large photo on the left you can see that Kimi already has two tires off, there is still overlap, and Alonso is still pushing him out. :laugh:

Fred punked himself. If you don't want to believe that, believe what you want. I'm not blind due to Ferrari red shaded glasses. :D

airshifter
16th October 2013, 05:02
Though it would be great to see Kobayashi in the car, I seriously doubt Ferrari will do anything at all about Felipe. Neither Kobay or DeLaRosa have much chance at all as reeling in as many constructors points as Massa potentially can. If they had a dominant position in the constructors title they might kick Felipe to the curb, but as it stands they will likely tolerate his pouting IMO.

Mia 01
16th October 2013, 07:26
Just as Kimi Fernando have to sort out qualification before alonso can put any blame on Massa.

Parabolica
16th October 2013, 08:39

Even better than the video. In the second large photo on the left you can see that Kimi already has two tires off, there is still overlap, and Alonso is still pushing him out. :laugh:

Fred punked himself. If you don't want to believe that, believe what you want. I'm not blind due to Ferrari red shaded glasses. :D

Except it clearly doesn't show that.

Maybe if you took your Ferrari-hating specs?

Turned in? What a joke

If Kimi couldn't see that the gap he hoped to fill wasn't going ti be there, that is 100% his fault.

How typical of the.classless, arrogant, money-whore. He owes Ferrari big.

Mia 01
16th October 2013, 08:48
The tune in this thread are falling rapidly.

SGWilko
16th October 2013, 13:44

Its a common feature, provides amusement though.......

Tazio
16th October 2013, 15:56

And the best part about it is; as bad as things seem they can always get worse/better! :angel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... MnKm2bbNZk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CMnKm2bbNZk)

Parabolica
16th October 2013, 18:54
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-apsBtIuL4Y0/U ... l+12+8.jpg (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-apsBtIuL4Y0/ULZGm3oNowI/AAAAAAAA2ls/HpPCMFepsCM/s1600/Brasil+12+8.jpg)

Parabolica
16th October 2013, 18:57
http://www.formula1blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Lotus-cartoon-319x400.jpg

Parabolica
16th October 2013, 19:15

Oh, I'm not sure. Kimi's first Ferrari career went down rapidly after 07, but it was anything but amusing.

Tazio
17th October 2013, 04:58
Only the Kimi of 2014 forward will matter. Kimi has had a long career and has been good everywhere he raced! Too bad he was a lump-buster at McLaren. Fred will beat him regularly IEC IMHO :stareup: :laugh: :angel: :sailor:

airshifter
17th October 2013, 05:28

You're right. I will no longer engage the claimed tifosi who talk smack. I think they are scared their hero Alonso will have to race Kimi on equal terms and no longer have a lap dog. Otherwise why would they talk smack about someone who for all practical purposes is now part of the Ferrari team?

But that's ok... I can understand why they are nervous. In two years Kimi only brought them one WDC, with Felipe just missing the other. And the two had a 100% record of bringing home the constructors title as well. Things are just sooooooo much better now, right? ;)

Tazio
17th October 2013, 05:41
We will all see 'Zo own Kimi, and Kimi will be cool with it. :angel:

Parabolica
17th October 2013, 07:12
If we get the 2007 specification Kimi, I'll be delighted.

If we get the 2009 specification One, I'll be annoyed.

I'm concerned by his self-confessed motivation for the return being a financial one, as he has been quite happy to take money for nothing (and the chicks for free) before.

I'll be delighted if the 2014 spec Kimi can beat Alonso.

My less-than-enthusiastic cynicism and dislike of the Raikkonen character has nothing to do with fears about Alonso.

I am a Ferrari fan, I want the best for them.

And comparing 07, 08 to the present and the relative successes solely on the criteria of who was behind the wheel?? It's probably best that Airshifter doesn't engage me, as that is a nonsensical logic I'd rather not waste time with. That logic would say that Massa 08 was better than 96 Schumacher and the difference was all due to the quality of the driver. A laughable and ridiculous notion. If that is the level of engagement on offer, please stick to your assessment that youll no longer engage.

Tazio
17th October 2013, 07:31
Forza Ferrari! :stareup: ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxHu_71sU1E

henners88
17th October 2013, 08:52

You're right. I will no longer engage the claimed tifosi who talk smack. I think they are scared their hero Alonso will have to race Kimi on equal terms and no longer have a lap dog. Otherwise why would they talk smack about someone who for all practical purposes is now part of the Ferrari team?

But that's ok... I can understand why they are nervous. In two years Kimi only brought them one WDC, with Felipe just missing the other. And the two had a 100% record of bringing home the constructors title as well. Things are just sooooooo much better now, right? ;)
I'm sure Kimi is hoping Ferrari start to deliver when he arrives next year as a lot of the expectation is on him when the team itself has under-performed for the past 5 years. Kimi appears to be on top of his game at present but I couldn't say the same for Ferrari. I think they have more to prove than him at this point, and I'm sure they know that. Mia is very right in her observation of this thread too.

SGWilko
17th October 2013, 09:10

Oh, I'm not sure. Kimi's first Ferrari career went down rapidly after 07, but it was anything but amusing.

At the end of the day, Kimi gave Ferrari a WDC. Who else, post Michael, has achieved that?

Massa would have done it, if only his team had removed the fuel rig before releasing him.........

Fernando has driven very well, but has made his own mistakes......

SGWilko
17th October 2013, 09:12
If we get the 2007 specification Kimi, I'll be delighted.

If we get the 2009 specification One, I'll be annoyed.

I'm concerned by his self-confessed motivation for the return being a financial one, as he has been quite happy to take money for nothing (and the chicks for free) before.

I'll be delighted if the 2014 spec Kimi can beat Alonso.

My less-than-enthusiastic cynicism and dislike of the Raikkonen character has nothing to do with fears about Alonso.

I am a Ferrari fan, I want the best for them.

And comparing 07, 08 to the present and the relative successes solely on the criteria of who was behind the wheel?? It's probably best that Airshifter doesn't engage me, as that is a nonsensical logic I'd rather not waste time with. That logic would say that Massa 08 was better than 96 Schumacher and the difference was all due to the quality of the driver. A laughable and ridiculous notion. If that is the level of engagement on offer, please stick to your assessment that youll no longer engage.

If Kimi is given a 2007 like performing car, he'll be happy, if they give him an equivalent truck like the 2009 car, forget it!

Parabolica
17th October 2013, 09:18
Do you mean in terms of overall results, or his personal performance?

I can happily accept a driver struggling to achieve results because of the car, but not a driver whose performance drops because he isn't motivated.

Parabolica
17th October 2013, 09:21

At the end of the day, Kimi gave Ferrari a WDC. Who else, post Michael, has achieved that?

Massa would have done it, if only his team had removed the fuel rig before releasing him.........

Fernando has driven very well, but has made his own mistakes......

Certainly in 2010.

Much less so in 2012. Fernando was faultless. I have seldom witnessed a more complete season from a driver. Maybe Prost in 86.

Kimi made mistakes in 07, but others made more.

SGWilko
17th October 2013, 09:22
Do you mean in terms of overall results, or his personal performance?

I can happily accept a driver struggling to achieve results because of the car, but not a driver whose performance drops because he isn't motivated.

IIRC, in 2009, the car was so utterly awful, even Fisi (who, I reluctantly admit, was doing quite well in the Force India) was nowhere in it. And I bet he was motivated - an Italian, in a Ferrari.......

SGWilko
17th October 2013, 09:25
Much less so in 2012. Fernando was faultless. I have seldom witnessed a more complete season from a driver. Maybe Prost in 86.

Agreed, but no-one was ever going to beat the 2012 Red Bull.

Parabolica
17th October 2013, 09:26

I'm sure Kimi is hoping Ferrari start to deliver when he arrives next year as a lot of the expectation is on him when the team itself has under-performed for the past 5 years. Kimi appears to be on top of his game at present but I couldn't say the same for Ferrari. I think they have more to prove than him at this point, and I'm sure they know that. Mia is very right in her observation of this thread too.

I'm sure they have lots of bright shiny objects at your Nursery to entertain you.

And lots of little boys for you and your friends to pick on.

SGWilko
17th October 2013, 09:30
I'm sure they have lots of bright shiny objects at your Nursery to entertain you.

And lots of little boys for you and your friends to pick on.

What does that mean? Apart from being rude, it means nothing.

Can you not have a debate without the derogatary wisecracks?

Parabolica
17th October 2013, 10:21
Certainly, with those who wish to debate, and can do so without being a part of the angry mob.

Like your good self? My impression is that you are your own man.

We make our own beds, after all.

SGWilko
17th October 2013, 10:24
Certainly, with those who wish to debate, and can do so without being a part of the angry mob.

Oh, you mean 'he started it'.

Silly me.

I am married, so am no longer my own man.......

I am quite versed at mass debating.........

555-04Q2
17th October 2013, 10:31

:rotflmao: classic :rotflmao:

henners88
17th October 2013, 12:19

Silly me.

I think we like to think we are our own men but it's anything for a quiet life where wives are concerned lol. Yes dear anything you say :)

SGWilko
17th October 2013, 12:21

Silly me.

I think we like to think we are our own men but it's anything for a quiet life where wives are concerned lol. Yes dear anything you say :)

You still listen to your wife? Fool! :D

henners88
17th October 2013, 12:29

Silly me.

You still listen to your wife? Fool! :D
She's probably a better manager than Domenicali lol. I simply go Ferrari red with frustration and concede I am the number 2. I have my ways of appearing to obey but maintain a level of satisfaction unbeknown to her :p

SGWilko
17th October 2013, 12:33
She's probably a better manager than Domenicali lol. I simply go Ferrari red with frustration and concede I am the number 2. I have my ways of appearing to obey but maintain a level of satisfaction unbeknown to her :p

:rotflmao:

555-04Q2
17th October 2013, 13:22
Wives...gotta love them :p:

Bagwan
17th October 2013, 13:49
The tune in this thread are falling rapidly .

airshifter
17th October 2013, 16:20

Given the right car the team Ferrari will have should give the grid fits. I sure hope they build the right car for these two, as I agree at this point Ferrari has more to prove than Kimi (or Fernando).

I'd be more impressed if they kicked Stefano to the curb and replaced him. But the fact that they are finally moving Massa out shows that they are at least still hungry. Hopefully with two strong drivers will come more quality finishes regardless of the car, and results should motivate the whole team. Only time will tell.

And I agree with Mia as well. As said above, I'm not going to bother with the haters any longer. ;)

Parabolica
17th October 2013, 20:26

There's always the Italian National Anthem, that's always a joy to hear.

It's just unfortunate that there are Barbarians and the baying mob who don't appreciate the classics.

And, of course, those who must not be mentioned. Or replied too. Or spoken of.

Or else!

Apparently.

One just trusts this isn't special treatment, and that equality will be the rule.

donKey jote
17th October 2013, 20:36
Really? :andrea:

I thought I'll start a thread in which Ferrari fans will be able to discuss their opinion about their favorite teams strong points but also shortcomings.

Those who are not Ferrari fans are not welcome to spit their venom around here!

This thread shouldn't be turned into my driver is better than your either, if you want to discuss it do it somewhere else!

It's all about the red team and their good and bad achievements, to be discussed by those who are interested to talk about it in a civilized manner!

Now that all this is clear all the tifosi are welcome to criticize and praise the doings of their favorite team. :)

let's not feed the trolls ;) :sailor: :kiss:

Parabolica
17th October 2013, 21:02
Nice sentiment, Mr Jote.

I'm not allowed too, anyway, not anymore.

Which is fine, and good. Equality is assured.

The Ignore feature is in full effect.

Tazio
17th October 2013, 21:18
I am quite intuitive in these matters and I'd be will to bet dollars to donuts your wife is a hot "testa rossa" :bounce: :sailor: :angel:

Parabolica
17th October 2013, 21:29
I couldn't possibly comment.

dj_bytedisaster
17th October 2013, 23:10

Your idea of debating is that everyone readily agrees with you. Daring not to agree immediately garners a rude and often even insulting response. You havent even been around for half a year, but I'm hard pressed to find any regular members you haven't yet had a go at - except for the other tifosi maybe.
Sorry, but that's not the majority's idea of a debate.

henners88
18th October 2013, 11:55

Given the right car the team Ferrari will have should give the grid fits. I sure hope they build the right car for these two, as I agree at this point Ferrari has more to prove than Kimi (or Fernando).

I'd be more impressed if they kicked Stefano to the curb and replaced him. But the fact that they are finally moving Massa out shows that they are at least still hungry. Hopefully with two strong drivers will come more quality finishes regardless of the car, and results should motivate the whole team. Only time will tell.

And I agree with Mia as well. As said above, I'm not going to bother with the haters any longer. ;)
Again, trying to get this thread back on track I would say I agree with your observations. If Ferrari again produce a car that is second or third best next season, at least I feel with Kimi they have a driver who will push for more points than Massa has been able to. It might mean the constructors championship is more within reach if Fred and Kimi are as consistent as we are used to. Stefano is a nice guy or at least comes across that way. That doesn't mean he is necessarily the best guy to be leading Ferrari. Under Todt it was sterile, corporate, but the results came in. Stefano has opened Ferrari up to the media and to some extent the fans, but there is no denying the important aspect of running the team has suffered over the past 6 years. Ferrari need to regain that ruthless attitude and getting rid of Felipe at least shows they are recognising the problem rather than trying to remain loyal to a driver who often struggles.

Parabolica
18th October 2013, 13:03
2014 will be Domenicali's last year if nothing changes.

I'd go further, and say it could well be Luca's last too.

Whatever the reason for re-signing Kimi (best driver available/panic in case Fernando walked), both Domenicali and Luca have put themselves in the firing line.

The driver line-up leaves no excuse in that department.

The FIAT board will know that.

Failure will be seen as a management issue by them.

Bagwan
18th October 2013, 14:09

Again, trying to get this thread back on track I would say I agree with your observations. If Ferrari again produce a car that is second or third best next season, at least I feel with Kimi they have a driver who will push for more points than Massa has been able to. It might mean the constructors championship is more within reach if Fred and Kimi are as consistent as we are used to. Stefano is a nice guy or at least comes across that way. That doesn't mean he is necessarily the best guy to be leading Ferrari. Under Todt it was sterile, corporate, but the results came in. Stefano has opened Ferrari up to the media and to some extent the fans, but there is no denying the important aspect of running the team has suffered over the past 6 years. Ferrari need to regain that ruthless attitude and getting rid of Felipe at least shows they are recognising the problem rather than trying to remain loyal to a driver who often struggles.

In a world where a tenth over means you're too slow , taking several years to recognize the problem is (I can't think of how to end this sentence )........

Bagwan
18th October 2013, 14:12

Whatever the reason for re-signing Kimi (best driver available/panic in case Fernando walked), both Domenicali and Luca have put themselves in the firing line.

Yes , but do you really have the time to lead this team ?
It will take quite a commitment .

henners88
18th October 2013, 14:23
In a world where a tenth over means you're too slow , taking several years to recognize the problem is (I can't think of how to end this sentence )........
It's very sloppy I think. Felipe is a likeable character and they may have felt loyal to supporting his recovery and rightly so. However his often poor results have cost them dearly in terms of the constructors championship and it's reached a stage where they need a solid number 2. Alonso is very happy with Felipe as he rarely gets in the way and is no major threat to Alonso's title challenge. It was made public that Fernando had defended Felipe before the news Kimi had been signed and I feel that is just a driver protecting his own interests. There's no secret that Alonso's place within the team is about to get a lot more difficult with Kimi likely getting a lot closer to him in races. The team, any team is bigger than its drivers so it'll simply have to work out. I think Ferrari have done the right thing replacing Felipe.

Bagwan
18th October 2013, 14:29
Sloppy ?

No .
Not strong enough .

Mousa is a number twelve driver at best .

Parabolica
18th October 2013, 19:59

Yes , but do you really have the time to lead this team ?
It will take quite a commitment .

I'm afraid I've got my hands full in my current occupation.

It's not easy being Shakira's Lust Object, you know!

Parabolica
18th October 2013, 20:28
Sloppy ?

No .
Not strong enough .

Massa should have been gone long ago. The end 0f 2010, for me.

It will be interesting to see how things develop next year at Ferrari.

So long as we get Motivated Kimi and not the Ice-Cream Licker, it should be ok on the driver front.

People forget that, even with the Mclaren team against him, Fernando nearly won the title in 07 in a most hostile environment, so I think it is hopeful, to the say the least, for people to think he can't cope with a strong team-mate.

As I said before, I hope the two of them are battling for wins.

If the car is only capable of podiums, at best, then both drivers will be difficult to manage for the team - Fernando because once again Ferrari will have failed to deliver and there will be fall-out from that, and Kimi because, well, he is already on record as saying he struggles for motivation if the car is not a challenger.

Let us hope that the wind-tunnel and the engine department come up with something.

For me,part of the failure to produce a car capable of bossing a championship since '08 is due to the sea-change in methodology brought on by the testing ban, and the increase in simulation development.

Ferrari got caught by being too reliant on the things that worked in the testing era, and had failed to keep pace with the new, relevant tooling which Red Bull have excelled in.

It was inevitable, since up until 2008 there was no need to change a successful formula. But often, a teams strength is also its weakness, and the successes of the system perfected in the Todt/Brawn/Byrne triumvirate are, in some ways, what has led to the weaknesses in the current Scuderia.

For the blame for that, I would target Luca. Happy to Lord it in the good times, rash to promote on Nationality and a politically-fuelled ambition, side-tracked into talk of running 3 cars, and all the while not having the foresight to see that the world was changing.

To claim, as some do, that the current driver line-up is responsible for the relative lack of success since the start of 2010 is both uneducated, unaware and simplistic.

To think, as some do, that the return of Kimi will show that the recent Number 1 driver has failed, is again simplistic.

The problems of Ferrari go much deeper than the decision to retain Massa for too long.

In some ways, the decision to keep him post-accident, where his contributions have been intermittent, if one is feeling charitable, have merely accelerated and brought into sharper focus the current managerial issues affecting Maranello, for had he been replaced by a driver who had contributed more, and had, for the sake of argument, those contributions enabled Alonso to claim two titles (a not unfeasible supposition), then the cracks would have been papered over, but the fundamental weakness of the Scuderias construction would not only still be there, but would be even further behind in the future.

Pat Fry is, hopefully, bringing the team's technical department into shape, and the recent additions should, I trust, help and move the department forward, but while there remains at the head a management which is slow to react, something Todt's team were not guilty of, then there is underlying trouble brewing which will not be cured in the short term.

Todt gave Ferrari a real determination. It was not corporate, or sterile. Far from it, it was attacking and it was confrontational and it was pushy.

Three attributes that could never be laid at Domenicali's door.

But three attributes vital to success.

Bagwan
18th October 2013, 21:17
Sloppy ?

No .
Not strong enough .

Massa should have been gone long ago. The end 0f 2010, for me.

It will be interesting to see how things develop next year at Ferrari.

So long as we get Motivated Kimi and not the Ice-Cream Licker, it should be ok on the driver front.

People forget that, even with the Mclaren team against him, Fernando nearly won the title in 07 in a most hostile environment, so I think it is hopeful, to the say the least, for people to think he can't cope with a strong team-mate.

As I said before, I hope the two of them are battling for wins.

If the car is only capable of podiums, at best, then both drivers will be difficult to manage for the team - Fernando because once again Ferrari will have failed to deliver and there will be fall-out from that, and Kimi because, well, he is already on record as saying he struggles for motivation if the car is not a challenger.

Let us hope that the wind-tunnel and the engine department come up with something.

For me,part of the failure to produce a car capable of bossing a championship since '08 is due to the sea-change in methodology brought on by the testing ban, and the increase in simulation development.

Ferrari got caught by being too reliant on the things that worked in the testing era, and had failed to keep pace with the new, relevant tooling which Red Bull have excelled in.

It was inevitable, since up until 2008 there was no need to change a successful formula. But often, a teams strength is also its weakness, and the successes of the system perfected in the Todt/Brawn/Byrne triumvirate are, in some ways, what has led to the weaknesses in the current Scuderia.

For the blame for that, I would target Luca. Happy to Lord it in the good times, rash to promote on Nationality and a politically-fuelled ambition, side-tracked into talk of running 3 cars, and all the while not having the foresight to see that the world was changing.

To claim, as some do, that the current driver line-up is responsible for the relative lack of success since the start of 2010 is both uneducated, unaware and simplistic.

To think, as some do, that the return of Kimi will show that the recent Number 1 driver has failed, is again simplistic.

The problems of Ferrari go much deeper than the decision to retain Massa for too long.

In some ways, the decision to keep him post-accident, where his contributions have been intermittent, if one is feeling charitable, have merely accelerated and brought into sharper focus the current managerial issues affecting Maranello, for had he been replaced by a driver who had contributed more, and had, for the sake of argument, those contributions enabled Alonso to claim two titles (a not unfeasible supposition), then the cracks would have been papered over, but the fundamental weakness of the Scuderias construction would not only still be there, but would be even further behind in the future.

Pat Fry is, hopefully, bringing the team's technical department into shape, and the recent additions should, I trust, help and move the department forward, but while there remains at the head a management which is slow to react, something Todt's team were not guilty of, then there is underlying trouble brewing which will not be cured in the short term.

Todt gave Ferrari a real determination. It was not corporate, or sterile. Far from it, it was attacking and it was confrontational and it was pushy.

Three attributes that could never be laid at Domenicali's door.

But three attributes vital to success.

Todt and co. could see that bigger picture , even with Rubinho's pout in the way .
Luca and Stefano haven't seemed able to see past the lip , until now .

I can't disagree with anything in that post of yours .
Others have had issues with tunnels but the red one has so far been a dud .

The whole pot needs stirring .

Parabolica
20th October 2013, 15:16
It's not just the wind Tunnel, it's the CFD, the Simulator, everything which is required to be the best in the current F1 framework is behind the curve.

If Montezemolo had real political ambition, the thing he needed to do was overturn the Testing Ban. Fiorano was the Scuderia's main weapon, and the one thing nobody else had.

That he has not even tried to get it back is an indication that he is well passed his sell-by-date.

The problem is that the one man who could have is now on the other side of the fence, at the top of the FIA.

Again, that was a dreadful miscalculation by Luca. Not only did he force Todt from the team, it gave Todt the opportunity to go to the one place where Todt could call the shots.

Not the work of a Machievallian genius.

Then there is the issue of sweet little Stefano.

How lovely it is that the once nasty, boo-hiss Ferrari are more media friendly!

What a crock of faeces.

Todt understood that media-friendliness wins nothing, brings nothing and is worth nothing.

Unless something helps Ferrari win, it is worthless.

So, keep smiling, Stefano, and keep being cheerful and media-friendly, because our rivals love it.

There is nothing to be afraid of in the Ferrari management anymore, nothing that the opposition fear.

The only weapon Ferrari have had is Alonso, but no matter how great a talent is behind the wheel, it needs great management within the team to combine with it to bring success.

The 2000-2004 Ferrari team were that combination, but until Todt, Brawn & Byrne had set up the infrastructure needed, the driving talent alone hadn't been enough. Nearly enough, but not enough.

Since 2010, Ferrari have had a super-talent in the car who has nearly, nearly brought success, Nearly, but not quite.

The difference between 2000 and 2014 won't be the drivers, it will be the management.

The biggest problem for Ferrari is finding the next Todt.

People like that do not grow on trees, and a quick look around the motorsport world shows to me that there aren't any examples to suggest.

Parabolica
20th October 2013, 17:30
A few hours of thought, and this is my suggestion -

The Ferrari board removed Montezemolo and Domenicali, and adapt the principles of the early 90's new-broom, whereby they bank-roll the arrival of a complete, new-to-Ferrari but proven within motorsport, management structure.

In other words, these lot -

http://www.art-grandprix.com/art-grand-prix/key-people

Todt dynasty-style.

Bagwan
20th October 2013, 21:06
A few hours of thought, and this is my suggestion -

The Ferrari board removed Montezemolo and Domenicali, and adapt the principles of the early 90's new-broom, whereby they bank-roll the arrival of a complete, new-to-Ferrari but proven within motorsport, management structure.

In other words, these lot -

http://www.art-grandprix.com/art-grand-prix/key-people

Todt dynasty-style.

Make it so .
Perhaps son could convince papa that testing is a good thing again .

As an aside , you sparked the memory that Mousa is Nic's charge .
Could it be that they kept the little pouter on because of the chance of a favourable nod from Jean ?
It's not a very sophisticated idea , and not very long term thought , which , I guess , pretty much fits with the overall picture .

Parabolica
21st October 2013, 20:43
It would be fun, if only to hear the squeals from those who don't like red cars about what the FIA stands for!

It may well be that Todt junior had some leverage, i,e - friends in influential places within Maranello, to keep Massa ensconced, if only because he had been there as his manager for the complete duration.

I think the Massa scenario was more due to the inadequacies of the management, having some misguided sense of loyalty, than any hope of getting an easy ride from the FIA President.

Jean Todt has never struck me as the sort to dish out favours based on friendship. Or based on anything else for that matter.

Parabolica
23rd October 2013, 13:40
Another potential name -

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2884 ... t-renault/ (http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/288487/boulanger-becomes-motorsport-boss-at-renault/)

Anyone else with any suggestions? I would hate to think that I would be accused of not being willing to be persuaded by other views, especially as I am the only one who has ever refused to be impressed by a counter-argument!

SGWilko
23rd October 2013, 13:57
those who don't like red cars

Statistically, you are more likely to have an accident in a red car.

Personally, I prefer Sea Grey.......

Tazio
23rd October 2013, 15:43
Considering the additions to the team’s technical dept, I can't really see any major shakeup in management before 2015. The team is already fully committed to the 2014 challenger.

James Allison in a pretty generic interview for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMTL8cp4soc

Parabolica
23rd October 2013, 20:28

Statistically, you are also more likely to have an innappropriately young, pneumatically-chested goldigga lady in the passenger seat of a Ferrari.

Of course, statistically you will also be too old and too bald to properly exploit the situation and are more likely to have a heart-attack trying.

But if you are going to go.

555-04Q2
24th October 2013, 13:34

Statistically, you are also more likely to have an innappropriately young, pneumatically-chested goldigga lady in the passenger seat of a Ferrari.

Of course, statistically you will also be too old and too bald to properly exploit the situation and are more likely to have a heart-attack trying.

But if you are going to go.

Man when I turn 60, I hope that is the exact situation I find myself in :p:

Parabolica
24th October 2013, 20:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCrj-Nz0JbI

Good at something this season!

Good to see the mechanics outperforming the car, anyway.

anfield5
24th October 2013, 22:34

That is truely mind blowing! All Ferrari need now is a race with a pit stop every 5 laps and they would be at least competitive with RedBull.

dj_bytedisaster
25th October 2013, 03:53

Where does the time estimation come from? There is no time running in the video.

Parabolica
25th October 2013, 18:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvu0GlMa3xQ

dj_bytedisaster
25th October 2013, 20:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xvu0GlMa3xQ

At 1.985 seconds there are still 2 wheels in the air. To me it looks as if the record still belongs to McLaren. Has Ferrari become so desperate they need to make up achievements now? Besides, the timing overlay is not an official timing, but someone just pasted a bunch of large numbers in the video. This is almost as hillarious as eyebrow's 'points record' helmet. :laugh: :laugh:

Parabolica
25th October 2013, 20:48
Back on ignore then.

So much for wanting to debate. Learn some manners and people might. Until then....

dj_bytedisaster
25th October 2013, 20:52
Back on ignore then.

So much for wanting to debate. Learn some manners and people might. Until then....

Oh, I disagreed with you. How could I...

Parabolica
25th October 2013, 20:56
Ignored.

Could anyone enlighten me as to why this fellow has an attitude problem?

Anyone who took the time would see it wasn;t me claiming it to be a record, or an official timing. It's not my video. It's impressive, it's Ferrari, and that's it.

But it seems that some are incapable of anything less than aggression, then bleat when they get the same back.

Not my problem.

dj_bytedisaster
25th October 2013, 21:15
Ignored.

Anyone who took the time would see it wasn;t me claiming it to be a record, or an official timing. It's not my video. It's impressive, it's Ferrari, and that's it.

But it seems that some are incapable of anything less than aggression, then bleat when they get the same back.

Not my problem.

It was a fast pitstop, so what? McLaren did these a year ago. Red Bull did the four fastest out of the five fastest pitstops in Singapore - all under 2.5 seconds. Can you please explain, why Ferrari finally catching up warrants such a hype? :hmph: Dude really, it smacks of the Franks celebrating their first road when the Romans did it 500 years earlier. How desperate can you get?

Bagwan
25th October 2013, 21:47
Ignored.

Not my problem.

It was a fast pitstop, so what? McLaren did these a year ago. Red Bull did the four fastest out of the five fastest pitstops in Singapore - all under 2.5 seconds. Can you please explain, why Ferrari finally catching up warrants such a hype? :hmph: Dude really, it smacks of the Franks celebrating their first road when the Romans did it 500 years earlier. How desperate can you get?

If you hadn't noticed , this is a thread called "The Ferrari thread" .

Does it not seem appropriate to post a video of a fast Ferrari pit stop here ?

Perhaps you also missed the fact that the poster simply posted the video , with no comment at all . Does this constitute "hype" .

Maybe you don't realize that that particular poster is a little dismayed at the level of performance from the red team , and maybe sees this as a wee ray of sunshine in a dismal year .

And , maybe you don't realize just how aggressive your posts seem to others .
It seems as though you're just spoiling for a fight .
Correct me , by all means , if I am wrong .

dj_bytedisaster
26th October 2013, 04:15
If you hadn't noticed , this is a thread called "The Ferrari thread" .

That's hard to miss innit?

Does it not seem appropriate to post a video of a fast Ferrari pit stop here ?

Perhaps you also missed the fact that the poster simply posted the video , with no comment at all . Does this constitute "hype" .

I never contested whether or not it is appropriate to post a video of a fast pitstop. The poster might have provided the video without a comment, but if you watch it, you will see that the title says "world record", which due to the absence of comment I reckon the poster agrees with and which I pointed out is a weak argument.

Maybe you don't realize that that particular poster is a little dismayed at the level of performance from the red team , and maybe sees this as a wee ray of sunshine in a dismal year .

It's hard to miss that the poster is dismayed at Ferrari's performance - most of us are. The way to go is to offer them constructive criticism, not making up bogus achievements. I pointed out that fast pitstops around 2 seconds are common place, so even if it bursts parabolica's bubble, Ferrari have merely caught up with their opposition.

And , maybe you don't realize just how aggressive your posts seem to others .
It seems as though you're just spoiling for a fight .
Correct me , by all means , if I am wrong .

Have you taken the time to read Parabolica's posts in the past? There is only a handful of members he hasn't attacked yet. If anything, it's his posts, which are agressive - not mine. He merely doesn't manage to eat what he dishes out to others, so please spare me any lectures.

Back to topic. If Ferrari want to get their project back on track, they should take a really hard look on what they did wrong in the past few seasons, not making up achievements that are none. I cannot understand how they let Alonso run around in that ridiculous 'points record' helmet, knowing that under comparable points systems, he'd have to go another few years before he even gets close to Schumachers count.
The new factory is the way to go, not celebrating pitstops that have been performed by their opposition on a regular basis for almost a year. Does it really help to save a nano-second in a pitstop, when he'll lose half a second on the out-lap? Where's the logic in that?

Parabolica
26th October 2013, 07:11
Bagwan, you are right, I am disappointed with Ferrari.

I'm not disappointed with the mechanics though, whose achievements, not matter how insignificant some feel them to be, and professionalism should be acknowledged.

The pit crew are nor responsible for the failures of 2013.

If that is hype to some, so be it.

For what it is worth, Sky Sports F1 handed the Ferrari mechanics the award for fastest Pit Stop on last nights F1 Show. Their average stop in Japan was 2.5 seconds, the same as Mercedes, but Ferrari apparently got the award due to having the fastest individual stop.

dj_bytedisaster
26th October 2013, 08:01
For what it is worth, Sky Sports F1 handed the Ferrari mechanics the award for fastest Pit Stop on last nights F1 Show. Their average stop in Japan was 2.5 seconds, the same as Mercedes, but Ferrari apparently got the award due to having the fastest individual stop.

All jolly well, but what is it worth? Our car is crap, but we're the fastest in the pits. It's just a load of sand in the eyes. A team like Ferrari should be among the best at servicing their car by definition. It shouldn't be the only point worth to celebrate. How in the wild world of sports have they managed to still not gotten their wind tunnel right? That should be the focus, not the one time this year they got a pit stop right.

Bagwan
26th October 2013, 13:34

All jolly well, but what is it worth? Our car is crap, but we're the fastest in the pits. It's just a load of sand in the eyes. A team like Ferrari should be among the best at servicing their car by definition. It shouldn't be the only point worth to celebrate. How in the wild world of sports have they managed to still not gotten their wind tunnel right? That should be the focus, not the one time this year they got a pit stop right.

Ferrari didn't give themselves any award . Sky did .

It is an achievement , isn't it ?
That you dissed the very thought that they had the record away from the Macs must say something about how you feel about the record .

They'll have you to thank , though , for setting them straight on what they should work on .

dj_bytedisaster
26th October 2013, 16:26
They'll have you to thank , though , for setting them straight on what they should work on .

It's a free service. No payment required :D

Bagwan
26th October 2013, 18:14

It's a free service. No payment required :D

You see ? I knew you could do it .
I didn't detect any aggression in that post at all .

Roamy
26th October 2013, 21:02
If you want to turn Ferrari around ==== FLAVIO

dj_bytedisaster
27th October 2013, 02:26
If you want to turn Ferrari around ==== FLAVIO

The one thing Flavio is remembered for are cheating scandals (Benetton 94, Crashgate '08). Are you really sure that is what Ferrari needs? :|

Finski
27th October 2013, 03:48
Love the Ferrari Team, love Ferrari cars, love that Kimi is back at Ferrari next year...

Go Ferrari!

airshifter
27th October 2013, 05:24
Alonso looked beaten up during the qually sessions. He is fighting for points in a car that just isn't cutting it at the moment.

At this point I think he well knows that the WDC is done with, and the concern is fighting for constructors points and retaining the #2 spot in the drivers standings. As of right now, I don't think either goal is secure. Based on the look on Fernando's face, I think he knows that as well.

The presence of management in the garage was ramped up at India. I'm sure they are feeling the pressure, but I think management is pushing for something possibly out of their grasp, and failing to realize that the team is already pushing, and they don't IMO need the management fools breathing down their necks. They need the car that will give them a chance.

Parabolica
27th October 2013, 12:39
Well, that was great.

I can only hope that the team have been concentrating on next year for a while. This season has nose-dived.

Grazie Domenicali. Grazie Pirelli.

As a side-note, if Kimi pulls a stunt like he did in the last laps today next year, or Fernando does for that matter, then he should be sacked before he gets to the end of the race.

I keep hoping that Raikkonen has matured.

The evidence isn't helping that hope.

airshifter
28th October 2013, 03:33
It seems quick to blame management and the team for one bad result from Alonso. Felipe obviously didn't have the same issues.

As for Kimi, racing for position until the team ordered him to let the position go so Romain wouldn't get tangled up in the battle coming from behind. In that same situation do you really think the team would have ordered Alonso to move over for Felipe? We already know he wouldn't have moved otherwise.

Storm
28th October 2013, 05:41
Ferrari didn't give themselves any award . Sky did .

It is an achievement , isn't it ?
Yes it is. A pointless one if there ever was (award that is...) and also having the quickest pit stop which makes no difference on the pace of the car and the results.

If this were Minardi 10 years ago, and they got an award for the fastest pit stops, I would have loved it and smiled about it.
For Ferrari? well no.

555-04Q2
28th October 2013, 09:19
Well lets hope that 2014 brings with it a new hope for our beloved Ferrari, cause at the moment they are deep in the doodoo!

henners88
28th October 2013, 15:34
Well lets hope that 2014 brings with it a new hope for our beloved Ferrari, cause at the moment they are deep in the doodoo!
I think a few of us fans who are not in the Red Bull camp are hoping 2014 brings something new! Ferrari do seem to be in more trouble than Mercedes, but then again McLaren seem to have dipped a little over the past season. It may well be a one off for them however. Ferrari need a shake up big time, but I fear the team mate battle will bring the most excitement next season. Lets hope we are proven wrong. :)

Mia 01
28th October 2013, 16:17
Even if RBR builds another rocket next year Ferrari has with Kimi and Fernando a great chance to bring home the WCC. RBR only got SEB at he highest level.

henners88
28th October 2013, 17:55
Even if RBR builds another rocket next year Ferrari has with Kimi and Fernando a great chance to bring home the WCC. RBR only got SEB at he highest level.
Might be worth giving Riciardo the benefit of the doubt before he steps into his top seat. He might surprise yet and has done pretty well up until now in a midfield outfit. It's not a huge transition either going from one Red Bull outfit to another. I hope he impresses even if you don't.

Mia 01
28th October 2013, 18:09
Might be worth giving Riciardo the benefit of the doubt before he steps into his top seat. He might surprise yet and has done pretty well up until now in a midfield outfit. It's not a huge transition either going from one Red Bull outfit to another. I hope he impresses even if you don't.

We will see, tell me about it next year :erm:

henners88
28th October 2013, 18:11
[quote="Mia 01":33akdpw3]Even if RBR builds another rocket next year Ferrari has with Kimi and Fernando a great chance to bring home the WCC. RBR only got SEB at he highest level.

We will see, tell me about it next year :erm:[/quote:33akdpw3]
I have no choice but to tell you about it next year, my crystal ball is a little cloudy at the moment lol ;)

555-04Q2
29th October 2013, 06:52
:rotflmao:

Mia 01
29th October 2013, 07:14
It seems as Felipe isn´t such a bad driver afterall.

Tazio
29th October 2013, 15:59
It seems as Felipe isn´t such a bad driver afterall.
I don't think many of us thought Felipe was a bad pilot. On the contrary when Massa is on form no one is faster IMO. He is just inconsistent and couldn’t come to terms with something less than a very good car, which let his current team mate makes him look quite ordinary in most of the time. It is the general opinion of those in the know that if he could Ferrari would have a couple more WCC's. I hope he hooks up with a team that can give him a competitive car, because it would be great to see Felipe hit his stride again.

A pretty interesting read IMO
http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/89 ... -good-car- (http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/8997837/Ferrari-failed-to-deliver-a-good-car-)

555-04Q2
30th October 2013, 06:48
[quote="Mia 01":33yp1ske]It seems as Felipe isn´t such a bad driver afterall.
I don't think many of us thought Felipe was a bad pilot. On the contrary when Massa is on form no one is faster IMO. He is just inconsistent and couldn’t come to terms with something less than a very good car, which let his current team mate makes him look quite ordinary in most of the time. It is the general opinion of those in the know that if he could Ferrari would have a couple more WCC's. I hope he hooks up with a team that can give him a competitive car, because it would be great to see Felipe hit his stride again.

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/89 ... -good-car- (http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/8997837/Ferrari-failed-to-deliver-a-good-car-)[/quote:33yp1ske]

Pretty good post. Before his accident, Massa was finding his stride. He had learnt from The Shoe when they drove together and was really doing well until he had THAT incident that nearly ended his career. He just hasn't been the same Massa since then :(

henners88
30th October 2013, 09:09
[quote="Mr Alca-Tazizzle":1lmcccdg][quote="Mia 01":1lmcccdg]It seems as Felipe isn´t such a bad driver afterall.

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/89 ... -good-car- (http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/8997837/Ferrari-failed-to-deliver-a-good-car-)[/quote:1lmcccdg]

Pretty good post. Before his accident, Massa was finding his stride. He had learnt from The Shoe when they drove together and was really doing well until he had THAT incident that nearly ended his career. He just hasn't been the same Massa since then :([/quote:1lmcccdg]
I think his accident has affected him, but not as much as many think. We've seen him perform in races lately pretty strongly until tyres and team mates get in the way. I think with the current regs, we've seen sprint drivers like Felipe struggle. He had awesome cars throughout '06, '07, and '08 and was able to dominate on his day. The 2008 Ferrari was the marginally better car of that year and with re-fuelling, durable tyres and a less unstable Ferrari team, he got very close to winning the championship. Development struggled the following year with the introduction of full slick tyres, thinner, taller wings and the loss of aero gadgets. Alonso is also a tough team mate to have both on track and politically. The focus has shifted away from Felipe in recent years and knowing how weak he can be mentally, I think his mindset has suffered rather than his outright ability. He appears to be driving better since the news broke he is leaving Ferrari. Perhaps knowing he has to fight for a drive elsewhere and finally knowing where he stands within the team has woken him up? he's been very loyal to Ferrari and its often sad to see a minority of the tifosi slag him off. Not suggesting anybody here, just a general feeling overall. I can see him in a Sauber or Williams next year and hope he gets the drive. :)

555-04Q2
30th October 2013, 09:28
I think his accident has affected him, but not as much as many think. We've seen him perform in races lately pretty strongly until tyres and team mates get in the way. I think with the current regs, we've seen sprint drivers like Felipe struggle. He had awesome cars throughout '06, '07, and '08 and was able to dominate on his day. The 2008 Ferrari was the marginally better car of that year and with re-fuelling, durable tyres and a less unstable Ferrari team, he got very close to winning the championship. Development struggled the following year with the introduction of full slick tyres, thinner, taller wings and the loss of aero gadgets. Alonso is also a tough team mate to have both on track and politically. The focus has shifted away from Felipe in recent years and knowing how weak he can be mentally, I think his mindset has suffered rather than his outright ability. He appears to be driving better since the news broke he is leaving Ferrari. Perhaps knowing he has to fight for a drive elsewhere and finally knowing where he stands within the team has woken him up? he's been very loyal to Ferrari and its often sad to see a minority of the tifosi slag him off. Not suggesting anybody here, just a general feeling overall. I can see him in a Sauber or Williams next year and hope he gets the drive. :)

Fair post :)

steveaki13
30th October 2013, 19:14
I too think Felipe is unfairly criticised. I mean he has raced for Ferrari for 8 seasons and all but won a title and has beaten Alonso at times in Quali this year.

He has had Schumi, Kimi and Fernando as team mates which most drivers would struggle with. Have many drivers had 3 such top level team mates?

I too hope he gets a drive next season somewhere to have some fun and race hard without being in Alonso's shadow.

555-04Q2
31st October 2013, 06:21
I too think Felipe is unfairly criticised. I mean he has raced for Ferrari for 8 seasons and all but won a title and has beaten Alonso at times in Quali this year.

He has had Schumi, Kimi and Fernando as team mates which most drivers would struggle with. Have many drivers had 3 such top level team mates?

I too hope he gets a drive next season somewhere to have some fun and race hard without being in Alonso's shadow.

And not just 3 top teammates, 3 WDC teammates, two of them multiple winners.

Tazio
31st October 2013, 15:17
I see The Scuderia is still beating a dead horse. Here is a pic from Abu Dhabi of the new flow conditioners on the side pods Fred’s car.
It must really suck to have worked so hard on a car that is basically a failure. :smokin:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX5yLuZCUAIukNY.jpg:large

555-04Q2
31st October 2013, 15:20
I see The Scuderia is still beating a dead horse. Here is a pic from Abu Dhabi of the new flow conditioners on the side pods Fred’s car.
It must really suck to have worked so hard on a car that is basically a failure. :smokin:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BX5yLuZCUAIukNY.jpg:large

To be fair, they are trying to secure second place in the Constructors Championship so it makes sense to try and get something extra working better to try and achieve that :)

Tazio
31st October 2013, 15:44
Of course, and it has probably been in the works for a while.

555-04Q2
1st November 2013, 06:10
But you are right too, it must suck for them flogging the old girl like you said earlier :)

airshifter
1st November 2013, 10:33
They need some good finishes from both drivers to get 2nd in constructors points..... I can't fault them at all. It's not as if any other team is going to lay down and make it easy. Though Seb and RB have dominated the year, the rest of the pack is much closer.

555-04Q2
1st November 2013, 11:08
They need some good finishes from both drivers to get 2nd in constructors points..... I can't fault them at all. It's not as if any other team is going to lay down and make it easy. Though Seb and RB have dominated the year, the rest of the pack is much closer.

Indeed. There are 3 teams vying for the second spot. It's gonna be an interesting race to the finish for them :)

Mia 01
1st November 2013, 19:52
I´m afraid they gonna lose second in the WCC and moore.

jens
4th November 2013, 13:24

I think the Massa criticism has been justified to an extent at least. Yes, he qualifies and starts well, but the problem is that he basically always fades in the race. Look at Abu Dhabi. He was doing fine for half a race, then suddenly Alonso started lapping 1 second per lap faster. In India Massa finished fourth, but as we know, he was holding other drivers up (notably Mercedes) and I believe Alonso would have finished on the podium in his position.

I can't remember the last time Massa had a spectacular race pace for the whole race, not just the opening phase. Hopefully Räikkönen can offer more on that front next year, even if his qualifying isn't spectacular.

Rumours say Massa could be at Williams next year. If Williams with new Mercedes' engines could rejuvenate and again get close to the team's 2012 form, then Massa could provide some action. But I again suspect this "action" will be mainly about qualifying and the first half of the race before the drops off.

555-04Q2
4th November 2013, 13:46
I´m afraid they gonna lose second in the WCC and moore.

Looks like that is the scenario :(

steveaki13
4th November 2013, 19:21

I think the Massa criticism has been justified to an extent at least. Yes, he qualifies and starts well, but the problem is that he basically always fades in the race. Look at Abu Dhabi. He was doing fine for half a race, then suddenly Alonso started lapping 1 second per lap faster. In India Massa finished fourth, but as we know, he was holding other drivers up (notably Mercedes) and I believe Alonso would have finished on the podium in his position.

I can't remember the last time Massa had a spectacular race pace for the whole race, not just the opening phase. Hopefully Räikkönen can offer more on that front next year, even if his qualifying isn't spectacular.

Rumours say Massa could be at Williams next year. If Williams with new Mercedes' engines could rejuvenate and again get close to the team's 2012 form, then Massa could provide some action. But I again suspect this "action" will be mainly about qualifying and the first half of the race before the drops off.

Don't you think though that Massa has been unfortunate that he has had Schumi, Kimi and Alonso as his teammates at Ferrari. I mean most drivers in the last 10 years would lose out to those three.

He did nearly win a title in 2008, so he is a decent driver really. Just not one of the best.

jens
4th November 2013, 19:28
Don't you think though that Massa has been unfortunate that he has had Schumi, Kimi and Alonso as his teammates at Ferrari. I mean most drivers in the last 10 years would lose out to those three.

He did nearly win a title in 2008, so he is a decent driver really. Just not one of the best.

Massa was not only decent in 2008, but I think he was very good around 2007-2009. However, sadly I have never felt he has been the same driver since his accident. And I highly suspect his ability to keep up the pace and concentration for the whole race has been dented by the accident. Because before that in his peak years he didn't have those problems.

However, I can't say he has been exactly unlucky to face these drivers as team-mates, because if you race in top teams and especially in Ferrari, chances are you will race against very strong team-mate(s). It sounds like Webber was unlucky to face Vettel, Button Hamilton, Rosberg Hamilton and Schumacher, etc. But this is what happens if you race in top teams - there are top drivers.

steveaki13
4th November 2013, 19:43
true.

I think Felipe might have a boost to his career away from Alonso and Ferrari, he might have a good couple more years at Williams.

Tazio
9th November 2013, 18:34
Meets with SD right in the middle of a dogfight ;) between Lotus, Mercedes and Ferrari. :confused: The Kimi to Ferrari saga seems somewhat surrealistic to me. Next year it will be very real. May the forza be with him! :angel:

Raikkonen returned to Maranello yesterday for a seat fitting and a meeting with team principal Stefano Domenicali. Despite still being under contract with Lotus, it is thought that Raikkonen has been given permission to meet with the team in order to ensure that he has no problems fitting into the newly-designed 2014 car.

Tazio
10th November 2013, 21:28
Nice little send-off for Felipe.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/11/10/f ... -mondiali/ (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/11/10/ferrari-bid-farewell-to-massa-at-finali-mondiali/)
Good luck my man!

555-04Q2
11th November 2013, 06:47

Well yes and no. Yes cause he was up against the best and no because he got to learn from the best and watch how they did it :)

henners88
11th November 2013, 08:55
Nice little send-off for Felipe.
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/11/10/f ... -mondiali/ (http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2013/11/10/ferrari-bid-farewell-to-massa-at-finali-mondiali/)
Good luck my man!
Ferrari do events very well and its nice to see the video's. My personal favourite in that vid was Felipe trying to lift a trophy that was both taller and it appeared heavier than his own body! haha. Bless him :)

555-04Q2
13th November 2013, 06:17
I hope he finds a drive for 2014. Great guy old Felipe :)

henners88
13th November 2013, 08:13
I believe the Williams deal is confirmed :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

555-04Q2
13th November 2013, 09:01
I believe the Williams deal is confirmed :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Great news :) Not the best team at the moment, but still in F1!

Tazio
19th November 2013, 12:54
Bold words from James Allison:

http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/90 ... in-Allison (http://www.planet-f1.com/driver/3213/9031341/Ferrari-s-aim-is-to-win-Allison)

Tazio
23rd November 2013, 20:49
Fred's flapping his lips about Brazil Quali :p: ;)

Fernando Alonso - 3rd: "After the results of the last few Grands Prix, it's really good news to be back in the top three. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get a perfect lap, because I went off the track at turn 4. I lost seven or eight tenths there and I think also second place on the time sheet, which I believe was within our grasp today. We know our car is more competitive in the wet and it's a shame that this year, it's only rained here, but now we have to look ahead and think about getting on the podium tomorrow, as if we were fighting for the World Championship, because it would be the best way to end the season. Here at Interlagos, you never get consistent conditions and we saw that again today, when we went from an extremely wet track to an almost dry one in ten minutes. That's why I expect a very hectic race in which we will have to pay maximum attention to not making any mistakes. It will also be necessary to have a perfect strategy and an ability to react very quickly."

steveaki13
23rd January 2014, 22:17
I know it would never happen, but a Fernando v Kimi at Ferrari would be monumental.

Sorry to bump this thread, but I was reading back through my old posts and found this.

3 1/2 years ago I confidentially predicted this would never happen. Shows what I know :sailor: :erm:

pino
24th January 2014, 13:13
New car will be called F14 T.

That was the result of the poll, started by Ferrari, in order to allow fans to vote for their favorite name.

Love the name btw :up:

Koz
24th January 2014, 20:38
F-14 Tomcat

With
Kimi as Iceman

Fred as Maverick

In TOP GUN!

Tazio
26th January 2014, 00:03
New car will be called F14 T.

That was the result of the poll, started by Ferrari, in order to allow fans to vote for their favorite name.

Love the name btw :up:
Same here Pino I voted for it 5 times. ;)

The nose looks very odd but maybe they are on to something?

Here is a little preliminary technical data on it

http://www.f1technical.net/news/19079

To comply with Article 15.4.3 of the Technical Regulations, the cross section of the nose, 50mm behind the tip, must be larger than 9000mm². As outlined in the regulations preview, this section can therefore be a rectangle of 9 by 10 centimeters, or otherwise one that is 15cm wide and just 6cm high. Ferrari have clearly chosen to have a wide section, creating a fairly flat top of the nose, rather than a bulge that sticks out ahead of the front wing.

The proximity of this nose also creates a venturi with the front wing itself, attempting to speed up airflow underneath the nose cone. As this will reduce pressure, it will generate downforce. This effect will also induce airflow from higher pressure areas to underneath the nose, again something that is beneficial as teams are still aiming to get as much air as possible towards the floor to help the diffuser. The rounded edges of the upper side of the nose suggest Ferrari is indeed trying to make this happen.

http://f1tcdn.net/gallery/var/resizes/2014/ferrari-f14t-launch/nose-airflow.jpg

Robinho
26th January 2014, 00:52
What is the FI4T significance. Is it just cos it looks like FIAT on a dodgy number plate?

Tazio
26th January 2014, 02:28
What is the FI4T significance. Is it just cos it looks like FIAT on a dodgy number plate?
Yes I would say that is the most rational reason they nominated it :dog:
"Ferrari 2014 Turbo" wouldn't make any sense at all.

Robinho
26th January 2014, 04:29
That could also work, but I like the FIAT thing

steveaki13
26th January 2014, 09:45
I have to say I like the Ferrari nose best thus far.

It has a dramatic slope on the nose, as apposed to a Dick McLaren and a Fork Lotus.

airshifter
27th January 2014, 02:15

It has a dramatic slope on the nose, as apposed to a Dick McLaren and a Fork Lotus.

I suspect that if Ferrari hasn't upped their game in the off season, they might be using those terms for the McLaren and Lotus. But I hope this really isn't the case.

I do think overall it's the best nose design of the new cars. From the side it looks great. From the front it's still a bit strange, but much better looking than the other new cars.

Storm
28th January 2014, 16:43
Could just have used the 2001 design, looked much better too ;)

Malbec
28th January 2014, 22:57

From a distance it looks like the Ferrari 642 which is no bad thing...

Tazio
5th February 2014, 15:11
As tracks go Kimi likes Spa, CotA, and India. :|
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K1yBcyavRw

Tazio
10th February 2014, 04:04
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BgCS7W8IYAAW9dq.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. :D

steveaki13
10th February 2014, 08:42
They want to break free?

Tazio
10th February 2014, 14:05
They want to break free? Yeah, isn't it obvious? That picture also proves that Freda is totally jealous of Kim, and is about to hit her with her rather substantial Santander purse. :cat:
Lucy is like sooooo stuck up :kiss: :angel:

Mia 01
10th February 2014, 16:03
In some ways its a rather clever picture.

Feels a bit sorry for Kimiti Kimsta rollerblade.

steveaki13
10th February 2014, 16:10
They want to break free? Yeah, isn't it obvious? That picture also proves that Freda is totally jealous of Kim, and is about to hit her with her rather substantial Santander purse. :cat:

TAZ you're back :bounce: :bandit: :sailor: :kiss:

You must be running low on name changes now. :dork:

Tazio
11th February 2014, 06:25

TAZ you're back :bounce: :bandit: :sailor: :kiss:

You must be running low on name changes now. :dork:
That's right, I decided to go with what got me here! :sailor:

Tazio
11th February 2014, 13:49
Kimiti Kimsta rollerblade.
:laugh:

Tazio
11th February 2014, 14:41
According to Scarbs Ferrari actually had an overheating problem in Jerez with the three large cables that carry current from the MGU-K to the ERS, which restricted laps (I'm pretty sure he means per stint), and the ERS was run at only 37.5%. Apparently they were pushing the envelope to save weight and either need to use heavier cables or improve the cooling!

http://digital.motorsportmonday.com//la ... 6e&pnum=16 (http://digital.motorsportmonday.com//launch.aspx?eid=96b46c21-0c3b-4965-b86f-3dc8807b356e&pnum=16)

Tazio
20th February 2014, 15:08
I think Kimi is enjoying being back at Ferrari. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMDVMp3CbdY

Roamy
21st February 2014, 06:36
Wel it is a bitch that Ferrari did not get newey years ago. But with that being said I don't think they have
the act together. There is just something missing - I think Flavio needs to join ferrari. he has the only track record
to approach Neweyl

Tazio
4th March 2014, 07:22
Wel it is a bitch that Ferrari did not get newey years ago. But with that being said I don't think they have
the act together. There is just something missing - I think Flavio needs to join ferrari. he has the only track record
to approach NeweylI'm with you paesan, but we don't need Flavio, or a crack head in charge of pino. Here is basically what we are dealing with in Maranello, and it ain't that bad! :dork:

At the end of winter testing, Ferrari's team principal Stefano Domenicali shared his thoughts on how he expects the season to take shape. He highlighted that especially in the first races, reliability will be the most important factor.

Just like most other competitors, the Italian believes Ferrari could do with a bit more testing mileage to prepare itself for the start of the season, even though it isn't too bad compared to its competitors.

“The rule changes for this season have been so radical that I’d say to get a consensus you would need further tests before the championship gets underway. In our case, we are taking a lot of data back home, which we will now analyse in depth. Some aspects deserve more attention to achieve the performance level we are looking for, while others maybe just need a bit of fine tuning. Once back in Maranello, we will do all in our power to rectify the things that aren’t working properly yet, so that we can be as well prepared as possible in Melbourne.”

In winter testing, it became clear that Williams and Mercedes appear to be in great shape to start the season as both ran fairly reliably and usually competed against each other for the fastest times.

“I believe, we could see big changes from the first race to the second and from the second to the third", Domenicali said. "With everyone bringing in developments all the time. At first, reliability will be the key, because without it you don’t score points. I also think that some teams that are struggling at the moment will be able to catch up, while teams that currently seem to have a slight advantage could see a plateau in their performance, allowing the others to close the gap. From what we have seen so far, there are two teams out in front, Mercedes and Williams. After them, it could be us.”

Domenicali does admit though that a lot of work remains to get ready for Melbourne. In fact, there's a lot more work to be done than can be finished in time, hence difficult choices have to be made.

“From our side, we know there is still a mountain of things for our engineers to develop. What I’m interested in and what I have specifically requested is that we define a list of priorities and stick to it. One aspect we will definitely be looking at is the relationship between the turbo engine and the electric energy recovery systems and there’s much to do in this area. On the other hand, we return to Maranello knowing that the figures we saw from the car during the design phase have been correlated at the track and that’s already a good starting point.”
http://www.f1technical.net/news/19178

Tazio
13th March 2014, 14:50
Ok Bag's here we are at the precipice. I'm not sure what to make of Ferrari's challenge this season. From what I've read they are to start off a little on the back foot with improvement coming forth with. I’ve sure heard that tune before.(pizza delivery boys :dork: ) I guess it's a good thing that they have two of the best pilots in the field, because I'm thinking they are going to need every bit of their talent
What do ya''awl boys think?
Oh yeah, may the forza be with them! :p

steveaki13
13th March 2014, 17:22
Ok Bag's here we are at the precipice. I'm not sure what to make of Ferrari's challenge this season. From what I've read they are to start off a little on the back foot with improvement coming forth with. I’ve sure heard that tune before.(pizza delivery boys :dork: ) I guess it's a good thing that they have two of the best pilots in the field, because I'm thinking they are going to need every bit of their talent

Well they will both retire with gearbox problems wont they..... :devil: ;) :D

Seriously though I think the whole season should be close between the two. I reckon Raikkonen might finish ahead of Alonso this weekend.

airshifter
14th March 2014, 03:02

IMO for a number of years now Ferrari have not been all that strong at the season start. BUT they improve through the season, and they are good enough to consistently get in the mix of things. With two very good drivers their chances of remaining near the top of the pack seem strong, but really until we see what the cars are doing it's all a big guess.

The dynamic between the drivers will be interesting. I don't think Kimi would be all that bothered if Fred has the upper hand in points, but I'm not sure I can say the same if the situation is reversed. Those calling for fireworks could be correct.

jens
14th March 2014, 11:33
I'm not sure what to make of Ferrari's challenge this season.

I make of their situation that it is going to be their usual "challenge" like we have seen for years already. Their weakness is outright speed, so they struggle to win many races on pure pace. But they have enough speed and consistency to bag podiums and regular points. Also reliability to capitalize on any mishap of other top teams (Merc, RBR).

The story of Ferrari ever since 2009. The team of nearly-men.

Tazio
14th March 2014, 14:16
I'm not sure what to make of Ferrari's challenge this season.

I make of their situation that it is going to be their usual "challenge" like we have seen for years already. Their weakness is outright speed, so they struggle to win many races on pure pace. But they have enough speed and consistency to bag podiums and regular points. Also reliability to capitalize on any mishap of other top teams (Merc, RBR).

The story of Ferrari ever since 2009. The team of nearly-men.
Very good observation Jens, history definitely backs up your assertion. Actually I'm surprised that their pace in FP1&2 was as good as it was on low fuel. Their long run pace was not very impressive at all though.
On a separate note it appears that SD is already concerned about Kimi's pace relative to Fred:

Ferrari says that sorting out the problems that are stopping Kimi Raikkonen getting the best out of his Formula 1 car is a priority.

Raikkonen had a difficult first day of practice in Australia on Friday, ending the second session eight tenths of a second behind team-mate Fernando Alonso.

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali said the team needed to move swiftly to help Raikkonen.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/112917

Tazio
14th March 2014, 19:24
About Kimi's gear selection issue that left him stuck at the end of pit lane:

"I couldn't get first gear ummm so"
Engineer
"ok hold on...nope switch off"
Raikkonen:
"Ok do you guys think you can come down and pick me up?" :laugh:
That guy is such a cut up. :)

Tazio
16th March 2014, 04:03
Fred flapping his lips :laugh:

Alonso said he thinks the Mercedes and McLaren cars qualified higher than him on Saturday because they are better for the moment, but he is not sure about Red Bull, whose Daniel Ricciardo will start Sunday’s race from second place.

“Red Bull did not finish any race simulations in pre-season testing,” he said, “so I think we should finish ahead of them.”

More broadly, Alonso said it is clear that in his fifth consecutive campaign with Ferrari, he wants to finally win the title in 2014.

“I have been often the championship runner-up and nobody wants that,” he told Germany’s Welt am Sonntag newspaper.

“But on the other hand, I have had the best four years of my life.

“My personal performance has never been so good, sometimes perfect and against very strong opponents. That gives me the same satisfaction as if I had won the world title.” :dog:

jens
16th March 2014, 08:48
Not much to speak of there? During winter testing there was a lot of talk about Renault struggles, but to be honest now I feel it could be Ferrari's PU, which is left behind others. Because Red Bull and STR both showed promise, yet among Ferrari customers...

Marussia was struggling with problems and didn't show superiority over Caterham, which they seemed to have in winter;
Sauber was just absolutely (below) average, well behind everyone except the two backmarkers (Mar / Cat) and the almost undrivable Lotus. However, I believe Lotus has more potential to unlock over the full season, also in co-operation with Renault.
And then Ferrari, also very average.

Ferrari hoped that the new regulations could propel them to the front by ending Red Bull's superiority. However, to get to the front you must first and foremost maximize the potential of any new factor, which comes into play. The turbo engines have come into play, but it looks like this factor has pushed Ferrari further down the order rather than upwards.

steveaki13
16th March 2014, 10:01
Could be right Jens. Sauber were dreadful today, I mean one of them spun on lap 1 but they made it up during the SC, and yet were still lapped.

Mia 01
12th April 2014, 00:04
If not for the teams so for the drivers sake, Ferrari have to make progress soon.

Even in 2009 Kimi was able to win his race. This year a podium is a false hope.

Tazio
12th April 2014, 03:23
Pizzsa delivery boys Baggie! :dog: :wave:

Roamy
12th April 2014, 06:02
If not for the teams so for the drivers sake, Ferrari have to make progress soon.

Even in 2009 Kimi was able to win his race. This year a podium is a false hope.

Here comes the Flav !!!

veeten
8th June 2014, 23:00
ah, the "schlepping mule" is back... with all the changes, we still see a much uninspiring Ferrari perusing the mid-pack on track. Even though they are 3rd in the WCC standings, it doesn't say much for the results.

same old, same old... :mark:

Tazio
9th June 2014, 04:32
:stareup: Freakin' Pizza Delivery Boyz :sailor:

airshifter
9th June 2014, 06:04
ah, the "schlepping mule" is back... with all the changes, we still see a much uninspiring Ferrari perusing the mid-pack on track. Even though they are 3rd in the WCC standings, it doesn't say much for the results.

same old, same old... :mark:

If not for Perez being taken out of the race, that third in the constructors championship would have been gone today. And rightfully so.

The car is just sucking. Both drivers obviously have their hands full on a regular basis, and it's unlikely they will be able to fight the car to much better positions.

Tazio
9th June 2014, 06:25
:stareup: Fred seems to at least be able to keep it on the track and not cause collisions while scoring decent points. Kimi is pretty pathetic, and has embarrassed the hell out of himself. However the car does seriously suck. ;)

airshifter
9th June 2014, 06:46
:stareup: Fred seems to at least be able to keep it on the track and not cause collisions while scoring decent points. Kimi is pretty pathetic, and has embarrassed the hell out of himself. However the car does seriously suck. ;)

Let's face it... if not for the accident even Fred would have only scored one point. And having year of experience battling the pig of the car the Ferrari is, that isn't much to be excited about. Maybe Kimi has the right idea.... just do some donuts on track to prove the point.

And the sad thing is, until the upper levels of Ferrari find real leadership and passion once again, they won't attract the people they need to make the car better. The attitude of chopping heads certainly ins't taking the team in the right direction. They may as well hire Flavio on the sly somehow... maybe he could buy them some points.

Tazio
9th June 2014, 07:13
. Maybe Kimi has the right idea.... just do some donuts on track to prove the point. Right Kimi is purposely driving like a fool. You can do better than that. :rolleyes:

if not for the accident even Fred would have only scored one point
Great drivers avoid accidents by having more intelligence, acute senses, and reflexes!

Scoreboard baby!!
Fred 69
Kimi 18 :laugh:

airshifter
9th June 2014, 07:42
Right Kimi is purposely driving like a fool. You can do better than that. :rolleyes:

Great drivers avoid accidents by having more intelligence, acute senses, and reflexes!

Scoreboard baby!!
Fred 69
Kimi 18 :laugh:

I was talking about the Felipe/Perez accident lofting both drivers up in the points. I don't dispute Fred is outdriving Kimi, but then again he's been in the pig for years. :) My point was that the points that matter aren't helping either of them....

1 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 140
2 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 118
3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing-Renault 79
4 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 69
5 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing-Renault 60
6 Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 57

1 Mercedes 258
2 Red Bull Racing-Renault 139
3 Ferrari 87
4 Force India-Mercedes 77
5 McLaren-Mercedes 66

I can't see Fred holding his own in the WDC or the team holding their own in the constructors if the car continues to be a pig and the others are improving. Today was a prime example.

And if you really want a laugh at Fred vs Kimi, let's count how many WDC's Fred has won for the Scuderia. Oh wait, you can't count to zero can you? :laugh:

Tazio
9th June 2014, 07:58
I can count to two, and that is one more WDC than Kimi has, which by the way he was quite lucky to get that one any way. I can also count to 18 almost 4 times faster than I can count to 69 Einstein. Why would you think it matters to me that Kimi has won a WDC at Ferrari and Fred hasn't, when what really matters is Kimi is getting his ass handed to him by Fred. I'm quite satisfied in the knowledge that Kimi can't hold a candle to Fred in equal machinery!
Stop the denial, and just say it:

"Alonso is a better f1 pilot than Kimi." I promise it will only hurt for a little while :laugh:

journeyman racer
9th June 2014, 08:28
Clearly, there are no prejudiced opinions getting in the way here...