PDA

View Full Version : Plato returns with RML

AndySpeed
1st April 2009, 14:48
Just read that Plato is back for the opening rounds of the season in an RML entered, independent Chevrolet Lacetti.

Great news, I hope they can get everything together to complete the season!

LiamM
1st April 2009, 15:29
Not an April Fools either! A good day for entries it seems!

This isn't the Tempus car either it seems? Its a separate RML entry, it that what everyone else reads it as?

AndySpeed
1st April 2009, 15:34
Not an April Fools either! A good day for entries it seems!

This isn't the Tempus car either it seems? Its a separate RML entry, it that what everyone else reads it as?

Yes, totally seperate from Tempus. Although one would assume that Tempus sport are still receiving assistance from RML.

LiamM
1st April 2009, 15:41
Also its entered as an independent, not constructor entry, even though RML designed and built the car?

tdb
1st April 2009, 17:03
one would assume that Tempus sport are still receiving assistance from RML.

I love that phrase!

Paying RML shed loads of money for the Engines, Engine guy and spares via RML's points system = "receiving technical assistance" lol

Allyc85
1st April 2009, 18:08
Great to hear JP is back. Hoepfully he can put on a good enough show on the Chevy to get some more money for the season.

VkmSpouge
1st April 2009, 18:44
Great news that Jason Plato and RML are back in the championship. I hope they can turn it into a full season deal.

Also its entered as an independent, not constructor entry, even though RML designed and built the car?

I am wondering how on earth it is classified as an independent and not a constructor.

LiamM
1st April 2009, 18:54
Could be that the cars we're designed and built for Chevy WTCC and RML are now using them, whereas cars like Arena's were built by Arena for the BTCC

MattL
1st April 2009, 21:09
My understanding is that you can be an independent AND a constructor.

tisme
1st April 2009, 21:12
Could be that the cars we're designed and built for Chevy WTCC and RML are now using them,

RML built the cars for Chevrolet!

Just as 888 built the Vectra's for Vauxhall..

Shouldn't matter what championship they were built for?

It's like saying the Volvo C30 was built for the STCC, if it comes to the UK it can be an independant entry???

VX_Rules
1st April 2009, 22:09
Do you have to pay more money to be entered for the C/M Championships like they used to when it was just a M Championship?

tdb
1st April 2009, 22:58
it's a choice, RML have chosen not to enter the constructor championship.

AndySpeed
1st April 2009, 23:05
it's a choice, RML have chosen not to enter the constructor championship.

Which is hardly surprising given that they don't even know if they'll complete the season.

LiamM
1st April 2009, 23:05
If you look on the official entry list constructors are show as (-) rather than (M) or (I).

With it being just one car, its better not to be a constructor, less embarassing, if casual observers don't realise and see that the RML Chevvys are at the bottom of the constructors. However they should be near the sharp end of the Independants.

Tisme: I meant more in terms of intelluctual property, the design of the cars may like with Chevrolet, and its was just some loophole that RML couldn't get through

thompp
2nd April 2009, 10:10
Alan Gow has stated that RML are eligible to enter as constructors but have not yet applied to so so.

bt52b
2nd April 2009, 11:03
Can't see much coming of this. Will GM brands be allowed to fight it out? JP really needs the Cruze to have a chance.

LiamM
2nd April 2009, 11:24
Chevrolet have nothing to do with it, its an RML entry, just like Chrevolet have nothing to do with RMLs sportcar entries

rsmith16
2nd April 2009, 13:26
Chevrolet have nothing to do with it, its an RML entry, just like Chrevolet have nothing to do with RMLs sportcar entries

Guess it would be the same idea as you going to Malcolm Wilson and asking his team to run a Focus WRC for you...

Neil Adams
2nd April 2009, 21:38
arena ran as an independent team in 05 with the same car, driver, etc that was works the year before, nothing new,

reckon plato will go well, the wtcc team tested a few times on the indy track so should have a setup ready to go

Bull On Edge
4th April 2009, 20:37
Plato in "a reasonably priced car" is going to be the mutts.

Series would not be the same without him.

Will still be rooting for Turk though!

Dave B
5th April 2009, 09:15
^ I like that: Star in a reasonably priced car.

TCuns
5th April 2009, 19:39
jason wins!!!

reidy_fan
5th April 2009, 19:46
hope he doesnt raise budget to do any more races, wingeing cheat, not fast enough on the track so has to go moaning to the stewards after someone does to him what he has done to everyone he has raced against

AndySpeed
5th April 2009, 19:56
hope he doesnt raise budget to do any more races, wingeing cheat, not fast enough on the track so has to go moaning to the stewards after someone does to him what he has done to everyone he has raced against

Went to the stewards did he? Where did you hear this?

VkmSpouge
5th April 2009, 20:29

Jonathan Adam's punt, mistake or not, deserved punishment. I don't particularly care whether Plato has done it to anyone or not. Plato got a victory and I really hope he does the entire season in the Chevy.

MattL
5th April 2009, 20:48
Please feel free to express your opinions, but please avoid personal attacks. There's no justification for using the word 'cheat'!

btracer
5th April 2009, 20:52

I thought his attitude in the post race interview was good. (On YouTube) Plato was on the pace aswell (all things considered), so don't know what your getting at a part from attacking Jason? Standing at the top of Paddock for race 3 and seeing his car control was amazing.

Adam deserved to be excluded it was a bit of a dodgy punt, which is probably why Motorbase havent appealed it. Collard's move on Turkington in the second race up at Druids was highly suspect aswell.

Racingdick
5th April 2009, 20:54

what a rediculous comment!
1. its another competative car is racing
and 2. a high profile driver isn't left without a drive

BDunnell
5th April 2009, 21:39
Jonathan Adam's punt, mistake or not, deserved punishment. I don't particularly care whether Plato has done it to anyone or not. Plato got a victory and I really hope he does the entire season in the Chevy.

Absolutely right.

BDunnell
5th April 2009, 21:40
Please feel free to express your opinions, but please avoid personal attacks. There's no justification for using the word 'cheat'!

I hope the same view of appropriate vocabulary will come to pertain in other parts of the forums than this one.

BeansBeansBeans
5th April 2009, 21:47
I felt Adam took the lead illegally, though I doubt it was his intention to hit Plato.

I'm glad that the penalty was lenient enough to just see the positions reversed. A sensible decision from the stewards.

BDunnell
5th April 2009, 21:48
I felt Adam took the lead illegally, though I doubt it was his intention to hit Plato.

I'm glad that the penalty was lenient enough to just see the positions reversed. A sensible decision from the stewards.

And I'm glad that Neal didn't make his pass on Plato stick, otherwise the penalty would have had to be more harsh on Adam than the move deserved.

BeansBeansBeans
5th April 2009, 21:48
I hope the same view of appropriate vocabulary will come to pertain in other parts of the forums than this one.

I hope I win the lottery, score a No.1 hit single and finish 1st in the Formula One world championsip. Unrealistic? Well, you started it.

;)

BDunnell
5th April 2009, 21:50
I hope I win the lottery, score a No.1 hit single and finish 1st in the Formula One world championsip. Unrealistic? Well, you started it.

;)

I will now adopt a repetitively high moral tone whenever I refer to Jonny Adam ever again in these forums. That really gets one's point across well, I find.

tdb
5th April 2009, 22:52
Saucer of milk anyone?

MattL
6th April 2009, 00:13
To come back to the point in hand - it was a pretty good result for Plato considering that as late as Wednesday morning last week he was "expecting to be at home this weekend putting in a new bathroom".

BDunnell
6th April 2009, 08:40
Indeed, and I suspect it won't have done his/RML's chances of getting backing to continue in the series any harm at all, which is great.

M4T VW
6th April 2009, 09:19
To come back to the point in hand - it was a pretty good result for Plato considering that as late as Wednesday morning last week he was "expecting to be at home this weekend putting in a new bathroom".

I laughed at that, Just shows you how down to earth he is!
And at the end "Sophie has put me on a sex ban unless i win today" :laugh:

Eurotech
6th April 2009, 13:07
^ I like that: Star in a reasonably priced car.
I wouldn't call a Chevy a Reasonably Priced Car!

It's mor a Star in an Overpriced Car! =]

Adam Bollons
6th April 2009, 13:12
JP drove his heart out in a car that wasn't handling particularly well. Like him or not (I certainly do) nobody can say that the BTCC is better without him.

Jonny Adam drove very well but for the mistake at Paddock and I think the stewards made the right call, Adam could have let Plato back past if he wanted to avoid a penalty. Plato really is a class act in and out of the car, he has behaved very well on track since the DQ at Silverstone in 05.

reidy_fan
6th April 2009, 15:18
sorry guys when i posted last night the red mist was still down, shouldnt haver posted what i did

m.lowe
6th April 2009, 22:54
I can't beleive how blinkered so many people are on here

Plato braked early and it was inveitable that Adam was going to him or him brake and then there would be more accidents behind.

I am glad to see the Chevy get a good placing (when it was second) and it was good to see Jason do well, but now I read he went whinging to the stewards after he shook the hand of Adam in front of Steve Rider just shows what he has to do to get a win and say to his sponsors "Look I won now can I have some more backing for further outings"

I feel that Adam was cheated out of the win by someone who has to go moaning to get a win

Good job Matt Neal didnt hit him up the rear as Plato would of been on his roof

Going to be an interesting year now if Plato continues as hes going to have to ring the neck out of the Chevy if he going to continue to stay up top, unless he complains for getting a whack now and then

BDunnell
6th April 2009, 23:00
Is there any actual evidence that Plato himself went to the stewards?

tdb
7th April 2009, 00:11
I can't beleive how blinkered so many people are on here

I read he went whinging to the stewards

Adam was cheated out of the win by someone who has to go moaning to get a win

Talk about a blinkered veiw!

Where is the evidence he protested to the clerk of the course or stewards?

LiamM
7th April 2009, 10:46
The stewards have the right to look into any on track altercations. They decided that Adam was involved in an avoidable incident which affected the outcome of the race. End of story, no amount of whinging in forums is gonna help Adams cause, get over it, move on, Thruxtons coming up fast

thompp
7th April 2009, 10:53
JP drove his heart out in a car that wasn't handling particularly well. Like him or not (I certainly do) nobody can say that the BTCC is better without him.

Jonny Adam drove very well but for the mistake at Paddock and I think the stewards made the right call, Adam could have let Plato back past if he wanted to avoid a penalty. Plato really is a class act in and out of the car, he has behaved very well on track since the DQ at Silverstone in 05.

Although I support other drivers rather than JP, I totally agree with all your comments, he did fantastic to get a well deserved race win (irrespective of reverse grids, Adam incident) in a car that was barely out of its packaging!

M4T VW
7th April 2009, 13:42
Talk about a blinkered veiw!

Where is the evidence he protested to the clerk of the course or stewards?

+1 on this comment. There is no evidence that Plato himself went to the stewards. I think the accident drew enough attention to itself to investigate it off their own backs.

tdb
7th April 2009, 19:04
Alan Gow has stated that RML lodged an "enquiry form" requesting the incident to be looked into, he also said it would have been looked into anyway.

The above is not an "official protest" nor is it "whingeing".
RML did their job.
A full expaination of how it works is available to read on Alan's forum on the btcc.net site

LiamM
7th April 2009, 19:05
Nor was it Platos choice - he could have been fine with it, the team on the other hand....

Allyc85
23rd April 2009, 17:22
Plato now for the whole season :D :D

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74723

VkmSpouge
23rd April 2009, 20:35
Great news that Jason Plato is in for the entire season!

BDunnell
23rd April 2009, 23:19
I don't think it can now be argued seriously that this year's driver line-up is any weaker than last year's, especially at Thruxton with Jackson's participation.