PDA

View Full Version : April Fools Day

stevie_gerrard
1st April 2009, 11:02
Yes, it is the first of April, and because i am a generous guy, i won't be tricking anyone in this thread just for personal satisfaction. I come with a tale of despair as i have been indeed tricked myself this morning :(

I had a text off my girlfriend this morning saying she had seen Jonny Wilkinson in Rugeley on the way to University. I did wonder what he would be doing so far away from Newcastle considering he's been called into the squad for a cup match this weekend, but i went along with it, and asked what he was doing. My girlfriend text back saying "April Fool :p :"

I personally think it was very mean :( but i'm sure someone has a fair more interesting tale than myself. So how have you been caught out this April 1st? Or indeed, how have you caught other people out?

MrJan
1st April 2009, 11:09
The MD at my company has rung a 'masseuse' 3 times because someone gave him the number and said to call her back about a job :D

I also almost got taken in by the Alan Shearer thing ;) :p :

Brown, Jon Brow
1st April 2009, 11:15
I got a fake suspension of my account from another messageboard.

Mark
1st April 2009, 11:50
The biggest laugh is Alan Shearer being announced as manager of Newcastle United.

Oh and you'd like the 2p rise in petrol would be announced as an April fool because only a fool would do more damage to an already weak economy.

RaceFanStan
1st April 2009, 12:36
I hoped the 67 cents per pack cigarette tax was an April Fool's joke.
Unfortunately it is no joke, thanks Obama. :rolleyes:
I guess Obama needs more bail-out money for the fatcat bank brass bonuses. :rolleyes:
Of course the war in Iraq needs funds too, what's next ... higher taxes on alcohol ??? :s

Mark
1st April 2009, 13:22
, what's next ... higher taxes on alcohol ??? :s

For us that's to come in a few weeks time when we have the budget. Supposedly going up by 40%. Not just tax, the overall price!

GridGirl
1st April 2009, 13:34
I thought it was an April Fools joke when I spent the morning doing a stocktake in a sexual health clinic although I did get to meet the presenter of educational channel 4 show too. :p

MrJan
1st April 2009, 13:47
Now been completely stung on the MR2oc forum when the admin set up a new section called the mods/admin lounge

http://www.mr2oc.co.uk/ForumsPro/viewforum/f=169.html

Hook, line and sinker :erm:

emporer_k
1st April 2009, 19:02
One of my workmates is going to the England match tonight so it was decided that whilst he was on the train down to london to phone him and tell him that the police had called the game off because they didn't have enough personelll to cover it and all the G20 protests.

PuddleJumper
1st April 2009, 21:27
Anyone been on YouTube today? :\

Zico
1st April 2009, 21:44
I got 5 suckers believing this one which I posted on the Pug Forum..

"As some of you know, I've on good enough relations with my girlfriends parents to get my hands on some interesting new spark plugs & kit 'Sparkplus' The new 2nd gneration of prototypes are now past reliability testing and I've got a few kits heading my way that he wants testing in real world condition, gonna get a few though, so stick your name down if you would like to take part, the kit will be provided FOC and you'll get 2 rolling road vouchers to use and for part of the data we'll require.

For those of you who dont know what it is.. its a new type of fuel additive that reduces the petrols flashpoint and volatility for later re-reaction the instant the quartz lensed HF laser is programmed for, ie, the same instant the spark occurs, this means you can advance the timing and raise the compression ratio to anything you want with the risk of detonation completely removed. The sparkplug that also houses a piezo ultrasonic device that atomises the fuel better as it enters the combustion chamber.. a more powerful version of a pond fogger.

Basically the fuels flamability is photo-sensitive and so its ignition is no longer affected by any other factors. This means you will have a very smooth running and efficient engine with up to 10% more power and economy. The kit includes a control box and piggyback type ECU with full 3D mapping capability for the initial tune up.

As Proved Regularly Inside Lm Forza Obvious Offers Liked..

Anyway.. I'll post the link once the website is up and running, meanwhiles get you name down if you wannna take part.."

They still hadn't clicked despite this post of mine.."Its been developed in secret until relaibility testing was complete and the international patents were all finalised.

I cant really say who right now but we have 2 F1 teams, several car manufacturers and some WRC teams currently testing the device on Dyno's. They are well enthusiastic apparantly.. saw Ron Dennis leave the MD's office yesterday, drove away in an SLR.. what a machine! "

One guy finally spotted the clue in "As Proved Regularly Inside Lm Forza Obvious Offers Liked.. "

Muppets! :D