PDA

View Full Version : Another one for your YEEROS

Rollo
1st April 2009, 01:49
I think some people need to get a sense of hommous.

Or not:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/27/doner_kebab_survey/
The average kebab contains 98 per cent of daily salt, nearly 1000 calories (half a woman’s daily food intake) and 148 per cent of daily saturated fat.
40 per cent of sampled kebabs that provided labelling information did not have an exact declaration for the meat species present.
In fact, 35 per cent of the labels listed different meat species than that actually contained in the kebab.

So not only does this confirm my suspicion that that 'orrid spinning meat thing can't be good for you, but even the proprietors themselves probably don't know what's inside the damn thing.

So next time you're wandering around at 3am and looking at Yeeros, Gyros, Doners, Kebabs or whatever they call it in your part of the world - walk away slowly, step away from the stick.

Eki
1st April 2009, 06:03
What's "hommous"? Is it something that fousto needs to protect himself against with butt plugs, or is it some Palestine terrorist organization?

Tazio
1st April 2009, 06:37
What's "hommous"? Is it something that fousto needs to protect himself against with butt plugs, or is it some Palestine terrorist organization?
Hummus (a transliteration of the Arabic: حمّص‎; also spelled hamos, houmous, hommos, hommus, hummos, hummous or humus; see romanization of Arabic) is a Levantine Arab[1] dip or spread made from cooked, mashed chickpeas, blended with tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic. It is a popular food in various local forms throughout the Middle Eastern world.[2]

Hummus is high in iron and vitamin C, and also has significant amounts of folate and vitamin B6.[23] The chickpeas make it a good source of protein and dietary fiber. Depending on the recipe hummus carries varying amounts of monounsaturated fat.[24] Hummus is useful in vegetarian and vegan diets and like other combinations of grains and pulses, when eaten with bread it serves as a complete protein.

Mark in Oshawa
4th April 2009, 04:28
it is all that...and tastes like CRAP....no wonder the Arab world is angry. I would be too if I had to have that stuff as part of my cultural cuisine.....

schmenke
4th April 2009, 19:04
it is all that...and tastes like CRAP....

Nope :)

donKey jote
5th April 2009, 12:26
Nope :)

Roamy
9th April 2009, 05:34

After the President's trip I am considering having the butt plug permanently welded in place. Every country in the world will be trying to screw us now.