PDA

View Full Version : BBC Coverage

tommy2k8
30th March 2009, 11:21
What do people think of the BBC's coverage?

They normally do sport well, but apart from the ads, I must say everything about it was amateurish. Even Jonathan Legard wasn't that good!
And the pre-race show disappeared from the afternoon rerun.

Apart from the ads, ITV did everything much better and much more professionally

Dave B
30th March 2009, 11:24
Already being discussed here:
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131791
:)

PolePosition_1
30th March 2009, 11:51
What do people think of the BBC's coverage?

They normally do sport well, but apart from the ads, I must say everything about it was amateurish. Even Jonathan Legard wasn't that good!
And the pre-race show disappeared from the afternoon rerun.

Apart from the ads, ITV did everything much better and much more professionally

I was actually worried about the BBC taking over, because despite majority dislike for ITV coverage, I always found it to be very good, apart from the in race adverts obviously.

But BBC impressed me. The website is excellent albeit Autosport seem to provide more up to date news.

And the coverage was wide ranging, not focusing merely on Lewis. And then we also have the interactive service. In the run up to the race, we had highlights from previous races over the years. And also Inside F1, a topical show previewing the race. And post race analysis was greatly extended on interactive which was excellent.

It catered for the casual viewer, in providing basic coverage, and for the hardcore fan, through the interactive services.

All in all - well done.

Only let down was the new intro, I'd have much preferred real footage rather than what they used. There were better amatuer ones on youtube.