PDA

View Full Version : usgp and canada GP were done in by those greedy race teams

markabilly
28th March 2009, 19:54
Seems Bernie thinks it was the greed of the racing teams who caused the failure of F1 in north america
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/11855/900/

those stinking teams just wanted too much money unlike Hungary where Bernie owns the rack and only a few fans show up.... :mad:

28th March 2009, 20:02
FOTA should be renamed ACOF.....because this is like FOCA in reverse!

Once upon a time, when wearing pastel nylon and mullets were an acceptable form of fashion, racing teams flocked to be part of Bernie's vision....now those teams are Bernie's biggest problem.

I bet Balestre is looking down and laughing.

ChrisS
28th March 2009, 20:14
those stinking teams just wanted too much money unlike Hungary where Bernie owns the rack and only a few fans show up.... :mad:

I think you mean Turkey. Hungaroring is actually quite a popular GP, lots of fans without a national GP show up there. Finnish fans, Austrians since they lost their GP and the past few seasons Polish fans because of Kubica.

DexDexter
28th March 2009, 20:46
Seems Bernie thinks it was the greed of the racing teams who caused the failure of F1 in north america
http://www.f1complete.com/content/view/11855/900/

That's just Bernie talk, the teams claim the opposite.

markabilly
28th March 2009, 21:01
I think you mean Turkey. Hungaroring is actually quite a popular GP, lots of fans without a national GP show up there. Finnish fans, Austrians since they lost their GP and the past few seasons Polish fans because of Kubica.

You be right, but it ain't the usa or even canada ( alot of fun when it was there)....so Turkey or Hungary, it is all Greek to me cause I be peed off @ the little twit...for the obvious reason :mad:

Easy Drifter
28th March 2009, 23:23
Funny it was the teams since it was the 'Demented Midget' TG and Cdn. authorities (including city, provincial and federal govts.) were dealing with not the teams.
He should go back to dealing with mail trains.

BDunnell
28th March 2009, 23:25
I think this is an example of highly revisionist history on Ecclestone's part, and that we would be wrong to take much of what he says at face value.

Mark in Oshawa
29th March 2009, 02:16
Nothing wrong with Bernie that a good kick in the teeth wouldn't be a good start for. I have no time for the man and his arrogance and greed have almost ruined F1. I look at f1 25 years ago and look at it now and there is no comparsion on the level of competition and the level of interest that I had.

F1 is Not racing anymore to me, it is a techinical exercise with a legal nightmare tossed around it and Bernie ripping off one country after another for the rights to host it all...

A pox on Bernie's house.. a pox I say...

markabilly
29th March 2009, 05:31
Funny it was the teams since it was the 'Demented Midget' TG and Cdn. authorities (including city, provincial and federal govts.) were dealing with not the teams.
you mean "robbing" mail trains which was the rumor, I understand, and even though he has hinted it might be true, somehow, I just don't think he would have the guts for such physical danger (although there is no question as to his willingness to steal)

BobbyC
29th March 2009, 12:09

Tony didn't ask for any government help; Bernie's idea is all F1 races be government-supported.

DexDexter
29th March 2009, 12:16
Nothing wrong with Bernie that a good kick in the teeth wouldn't be a good start for. I have no time for the man and his arrogance and greed have almost ruined F1. I look at f1 25 years ago and look at it now and there is no comparsion on the level of competition and the level of interest that I had.

F1 is Not racing anymore to me, it is a techinical exercise with a legal nightmare tossed around it and Bernie ripping off one country after another for the rights to host it all...

A pox on Bernie's house.. a pox I say...

Here we go again, in the old days things were much better,right? Or could it be that the poster has changed as well? I agree that Bernie's fees are too high but you got to remember that the teams get a lot of that, not enough though. If F1 suddenly lowered the fees by a substancial amount, the income of the teams would also be affected.