PDA

View Full Version : Your F1 grid for 2010

DazzlaF1
27th March 2009, 21:07
With Bernie coming out and saying that 3 new teams will bring the grid up to 26 cars next season, what do you think The grid will look like in 2010?

I'll start

FERRARI: Felipe Massa, Kimi Raikkonen
McLAREN: Lewis Hamilton, Heikki Kovalainen
BMW SAUBER: Robert Kubica, Nick Heidfeld
RENAULT: Fernando Alonso, Romain Grosjean
TOYOTA: Timo Glock, Kazuki Nakajima
TORO ROSSO: Brendon Hartley, Sebastien Buemi
RED BULL: Sebastian Vettel, Mark Webber
WILLIAMS: Nico Rosberg, Nico Hulkenberg
FORCE INDIA: Adrian Sutil, Armaan Ebrahim
BRAWN: Jenson Button, Rubens Barrichello
USF1: Marco Andretti, Danica Patrick
PRODRIVE: Anthony Davidson, Bruno Senna
ULTIMATE: Esteban Gutierrez, Giancarlo Fisichella

A bit optimistic, but i think that would be a decent lineup, then again it would be great to see a full 26 car grid again

pettersolberg29
27th March 2009, 21:45
Would be great if it were true, although I expect Trulli to have another year.

jens
27th March 2009, 21:56
Toyota would be mad to replace Trulli with Nakajima.

Generally, it's difficult to tell at the moment. Everyone seems to be so concentrated on this year's car and performance, most drivers/teams have seemed hopeful of a great season and are really upbeat to make things happen now, so that the silly season of 2010 may take some time to really kick off. It's early to tell the outcome of possible driver line-ups as it will depend on teams' pecking order (still unclear!) and each driver's performance too...

Generally I really don't expect much to change. If Williams underperforms, then Rosberg may indeed fulfill his threat and leave for another team (McLaren? Or even consider someone like Toyota?). Where would this leave Kovalainen, is anyone's guess. Have a strange feeling that one of the STR Sebs won't race in 2010 either and most probably the loser of the team-mate duel. Fisichella and Barrichello will definetely have to impress a lot to extend their already quite long F1 careers. Besides that - don't guess much more at the moment. :)

And anyway, I don't expect to see 26 cars on the grid. :p :

markabilly
28th March 2009, 00:56
Danic P in F1??? If bernie thinks it will make him some money, and bring in the crowd who thinks with their other head, i am sure it will happen.

But it would totally shrivel up IRL (both in attendance and the other thing)because that is literally all they have as a star now that "dancing with the stars" Castroneves is a little too occupied with some IRS charges to be driving this year

(sad ain't it, if you are a real racing fan of american open wheel racing)

But cheer up---- look at her excellent qualifications to drive formula one:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009_swimsuit/models/danica-patrick/

And think of the fan interest to be generated such as this

I I have gotten even more stuff since these pictures. I will have to post them up when I take pics of them.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0565-1.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0566-1.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0567-1.jpg

I especially like the last one, her all dressed in black.....my oh my, sure know how to arrange things, do it so well

And just think, we could have a DP reality show on speedtv, as in Danica does europe...

Would only be a couple of months before all the people would forget Lewis and Kimi and Freddie, and start hooking on DP....
Lord, I need some kool aid for DazzlaF1, poor guy

F1boat
28th March 2009, 05:29
IMO Danica will be a test driver, while the lineup of USF1 will me Marco Andretti and Kyle Bush, or Marco and Graham Rahal, or Graham and Kyle Bush.

UltimateDanGTR
28th March 2009, 07:15
F1 needs a woman. danica is that woman.

However, I have my doubts about USF1

V12
28th March 2009, 07:34
Anyone who follows IndyCar and has seen Danica's performance on road and street courses, which make up........100%, of the F1 schedule, despite driving for one of the best teams in the series, knows this will (or rather should) NEVER happen. We'd be looking at another Deletraz or Ide. I don't think Marco would cut it either. As far as American talent goes I'd put Rahal and Hunter-Reay ahead of them and that's before we get into any drivers in Atlantics, Indy Lights or European lower formulae. No point hiring someone on the strength of their gender or surname.

I like the rest of that fantasy grid though, although as already mentioned Trulli may deserve at least another year, depending on his performance this :)

But in any case I think 26 cars is very optimistic, reading between the lines Bernie is basically not saying we'll have 13 teams, but rather we "could" have 13 teams if we submit to his and Max's crazy vision for the future of the sport. But I digress :)

DexDexter
28th March 2009, 07:50
Anyone who follows IndyCar and has seen Danica's performance on road and street courses, which make up........100%, of the F1 schedule, despite driving for one of the best teams in the series, knows this will (or rather should) NEVER happen. We'd be looking at another Deletraz or Ide. I don't think Marco would cut it either. As far as American talent goes I'd put Rahal and Hunter-Reay ahead of them and that's before we get into any drivers in Atlantics, Indy Lights or European lower formulae. No point hiring someone on the strength of their gender or surname.

I think USGP or whatever it will be called really has only one sensible alternative for a US driver: Scott Speed. No one else has any worthwhile experience of European style of racing, I mean GP2 or F1. Maybe they should expand the thinking into Americas, Di Grassi or Senna would be good alternatives.

markabilly
28th March 2009, 13:07
I think USGP or whatever it will be called really has only one sensible alternative for a US driver: Scott Speed. No one else has any worthwhile experience of European style of racing, I mean GP2 or F1. Maybe they should expand the thinking into Americas, Di Grassi or Senna would be good alternatives.

Amen on Scott Speed

RJL25
28th March 2009, 14:24
Danica is quite speedy on ovals but is generally un-competitive on street courses and she knows it which is why she has publically said that she wouldn't be interested. The girl is smart and she knows that trundling around the back of the grid wouldn't exactly be a good career move.

I actually think USF1 have there hearts set on moving a NASCAR driver over.... Otherwise I think Graham Rahal, Marco Andretti and Scott Speed would be the most logical choices based on their current crop of established open wheel drivers, A.J Allmendinger is in NASCAR but does have a strong back ground in open wheel as well and could be a possibility.

The question I have is how will USF1 afford to fly out from the US every weekend or second weekend to go racing in europe? Or will they have a european base for the "race team" and just do the engineering in the US?

Nikki Katz
28th March 2009, 14:30
I was under the impression that Bernie's "we'll definitely have 13 teams in 2010" is the same as "we'll definitely be using the medals system in 2009" - i.e. a statement of Bernie's vision rather than reality. I'm not saying that it won't happen, but we're a long way from it now. I think it's more likely that any new teams next year would be replacing departing manufacturers.

If USGP happens then I think that only one driver will be American. It won't be Andretti or Patrick either as they're both rubbish on road courses and would do nothing but damage to the reputation of American drivers if they got the seat. It would most likely be someone like Summerton as none of the NASCAR lot seem interested.

veeten
28th March 2009, 15:02
The question I have is how will USF1 afford to fly out from the US every weekend or second weekend to go racing in europe? Or will they have a european base for the "race team" and just do the engineering in the US?

This was explained earlier, both in the original announcement and in separate interviews. They will be looking to base their 'satellite' operations in Spain, making it easier to do the european segments of the '10 season, including testing sessions with other teams during the times allotted.

The main part of the team, including engineering, will be based in the US, with access to all necessary testing equipment nearby (Wind Tunnel, Shaker Post, etc.). The other 'fly away' races in the Asia/Americas will be done from the main operations.

veeten
28th March 2009, 15:10
If USGP happens then I think that only one driver will be American. It won't be Andretti or Patrick either as they're both rubbish on road courses and would do nothing but damage to the reputation of American drivers if they got the seat. It would most likely be someone like Summerton as none of the NASCAR lot seem interested.

Exactly, Nikki. :)

It's better to go with an established driver, be they main or testing /w racing experience, as the lead driver and choose someone in the mold of Summerton or the like, rather than a name or 'money' driver. They are going for stability on the grid FIRST, then move upwards in refinement is succeeding seasons.

RJL25
28th March 2009, 15:20
cool, thanks Veeten

Interesting to see on the Australian broadcast Peter Windosr had a subtle little chop at Force India when he was asked if USF1 would definetly only have US drivers, basically he said definetly and said it would be crazy to do what Force India does in not having at least one driver in the team from the country it seeks to represent.

V12
28th March 2009, 16:46
cool, thanks Veeten

Interesting to see on the Australian broadcast Peter Windosr had a subtle little chop at Force India when he was asked if USF1 would definetly only have US drivers, basically he said definetly and said it would be crazy to do what Force India does in not having at least one driver in the team from the country it seeks to represent.

I think Force India are going about it the right way. If an Indian driver emerges who can outperform or at least be equal to Sutil or Fisichella I'm sure he'll be in there, but Mallya has said that the team is a serious racing outfit first and representing a nation second. That said, it makes his choice of team name a little more strange...

Placid
29th March 2009, 02:37

I like the rest of that fantasy grid though, although as already mentioned Trulli may deserve at least another year, depending on his performance this :)

But in any case I think 26 cars is very optimistic, reading between the lines Bernie is basically not saying we'll have 13 teams, but rather we "could" have 13 teams if we submit to his and Max's crazy vision for the future of the sport. But I digress :)

Jonathan Bomarito and Richard Antinucci are winners in their support series.
Especially Eddie Cheever's nephew Richard Antinucci. He is currently without
an Indy Lights ride for 2009. Jonathan Summerton also should be considered
for that 1st car.

Here are the list of testers:
Of course we have Alexander Rossi, John Edwards, Joel Miller, Conor Daly, Charlie Kimball, Carl Skerlong and Sean McDonagh.

For team 13 - I would go for Stoddart-Minardi to make a return
with Doornbos and "Speedy" Dan Clarke.

Placid
29th March 2009, 22:12
Another team to be re-considered would be Escuderia Telmex with Carlos Slim.

With Sergio Perez and Bruno Senna as drivers as team 13.

Rollo
29th March 2009, 22:32
I have my doubts about three new teams. In fact I have so many doubts that until we see six new cars on a grid on Sunday then, and only then will I believe it.

A more likely scenario is that Toyota will lose interest, and once Brawn's benevolent benefactor Branson backs backwards, there'll be only 16 cars not 26.