PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davidson signed as Brawn GP test driver

Giuseppe F1
25th March 2009, 17:40
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21280.html

Davidson is Brawn test driver
25 March 2009

Anthony Davidson will act as the test driver for the Brawn GP team this year - in addition to his role as a commentator with BBC Radio 5. The former Super Aguri F1 driver had been linked with the former Honda team for years and it is no surprise that he has been chosen to fulfil the role rather than it going to a younger driver.

25th March 2009, 17:57
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21280.html
it is no surprise that he has been chosen to fulfil the role rather than it going to a younger driver.

Well, considering he'll be doing feck all, it is quite surprising.

Nice work if you can get it though.

AndyL
25th March 2009, 18:13
So DC and Ant are now both 3rd drivers, which team will be announcing Martin Brundle as their reserve? ;) I feel sorry for whichever team gets left with Jonathan Legard :)

Giuseppe F1
25th March 2009, 18:24
So DC and Ant are now both 3rd drivers, which team will be announcing Martin Brundle as their reserve? ;) I feel sorry for whichever team gets left with Jonathan Legard :)

Or indeed whoever ends up with Jake Humphrey! :)

Rodriguez 917
25th March 2009, 21:47
I don't even think Brawn have a simulator do they, it's going to be a very quiet year for Ant then on the driving front!

woody2goody
25th March 2009, 22:11
Shame really that the testing ban leaves the Davidsons, de la Rosas, M Schumachers twiddling their thumbs.

I'm surprised over all these years with BAR, Honda, Brawn, that Davidson has never thought, or tried to do some GP2 or F2, or F3000 even to sharpen up his skills.

MrJan
25th March 2009, 22:29
In other shock news it turns out that Elton John is gay ;)

woody2goody
25th March 2009, 22:34

ha ha :D

Valve Bounce
25th March 2009, 23:28
Here's a mute point: seeing that Honda are no longer in F1, would it be possible for ant to test a Honda car during the season?

Roamy
26th March 2009, 04:30
I think Brawn going with stability and knowledge will pay big dividends

Valve Bounce
26th March 2009, 04:37
I think Brawn going with stability and knowledge will pay big dividends

OK!! so which one is bunsen: stability or knowledge?

Roamy
26th March 2009, 04:41
well certainly has to be both - schooled by JV - and stuck in the rut!!

Sonic
26th March 2009, 11:09

WOOOOOTTTTTTT????? Next thing you'll be telling me George Michael and Will Young bat for the other side!

Garry Walker
26th March 2009, 15:49
Here's a mute point: seeing that Honda are no longer in F1, would it be possible for ant to test a Honda car during the season?

Thankfully no.
Let`s hope this is the last we have seen of him in F1.

PSfan
2nd April 2009, 07:44
1 Week later:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/01042009/23/davidson-brawn-gp-reserve.html

Davidson not yet Brawn GP reserve.
Wed 01 Apr, 08:00 AM

Despite speculation to the contrary in the run-up to, and during, the recent Australian Grand Prix, Anthony Davidson has yet to be officially installed as Brawn GP's test and reserve driver.

While the Briton would appear among the more logical bets for the support role to Melbourne 1-2 finishers Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello, the team has been too busy concentrating on fettling its BGP001 chassis and Mercedes engine in the short amount of time it had on track before the season-opener to consider a reserve.

Valve Bounce
2nd April 2009, 08:06
Please note that the two posters above are on my ignore list and I will not be responding to their jybes.

PSfan
2nd April 2009, 08:28
Please note that the two posters above are on my ignore list and I will not be responding to their jybes.

Well very good for you... maybe instead of coming off as a complete idiot, post something on the subject instead?!? That ignore list sure makes you look smart...

I meant to comment on how this combined with the 270 job lay-off suggests that should the FIA rule in anyway that results in a re-design of the Brawn deffuser could be a death blow to the team...

SGWilko
2nd April 2009, 11:17
Well very good for you... maybe instead of coming off as a complete idiot, post something on the subject instead?!? That ignore list sure makes you look smart...

I meant to comment on how this combined with the 270 job lay-off suggests that should the FIA rule in anyway that results in a re-design of the Brawn deffuser could be a death blow to the team...

Oh dear, the joke is a little lost on you innit?

Apparently, when enrolling for the TA, Will young was asked by the Seargeant 'do you think you could kill a man'?

Will Young replied 'eventually sweety, yes'!!!

Garry Walker
2nd April 2009, 12:27

It is quite funny how you claim to be quite old already, but act with less maturity than a 12 year old.

We all know that I am in your ignore list, you have told it 1000 times, nobody give a flying fcuk.

BDunnell
2nd April 2009, 12:29

:laugh:

Very good.

jens
2nd April 2009, 22:21

When talking about reserve drivers and F1 veterans, then I'm not sure, who is Ferrari's reserve driver for 2009. Still MS? :p :

PSfan
7th April 2009, 20:24
Looks like Brawn has 2 reserve drivers, wonder what the likelihood of both Button and Rubens missing the same GP weekend?

Alex Wurz remains adamant that he is contracted to be Brawn GP's third and reserve driver in 2009.

Austrian Wurz, 35, told Germany'sSport Bild: "I am the third driver.

"If one of the drivers cannot for any reason drive, I will substitute him," he clarified.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-wurz-adamant-he-is-brawn-reserve-driver/

Funny we have 2 drivers fighting over a nothing job, with the likelyhood that neither would get the call if a long term replacement is required...Though Senna might be at Force India by then... so who knows...