PDA

View Full Version : O/T Rockingham 2009

Gasman#99
20th March 2009, 19:30
I dont know if anyone on here went to the rock yesterday to the press launch of the btcc (little boys cars not V8's) and just wondered why there was about 3000 palets full in the car park of wickes chipped bark and compost with lorries cueing to unload, first thought's were they were turning the rock into a garden centre, then i thought cover the track in chipped bark for the horse's, either way it wouldnt matter as theres no REAL racing there again this year!!!! any ideas on the wickes stuff?
answers on a post card to;
rockingham no motor's speedway
po box v8
northants
nn17 nov8 :p :

charlotte
21st March 2009, 10:06
you are such a DICK

racing59
21st March 2009, 11:03
Gas man him speak with fork tongue.

fastbob
21st March 2009, 20:04
you are such a DICK
pmsl.....rofl.....lol.....

Mark Flounders
21st March 2009, 20:05
then i thought cover the track in chipped bark for the horse's, either way it wouldnt matter as theres no REAL racing there again this year!!!! any ideas on the wickes stuff?
answers on a post card to;
rockingham no motor's speedway
po box v8
northants
nn17 nov8 :p :

No Real Racing??????? Pickup Trucks must be a figment of my imagination i mean i could of sworn i saw them REALLY racing there on multiple occasions and i am sure they are REALLY racing there again this season, oh no wait, thats right sorry i forgot all the drivers get orders before they go out on how the race is going to finish and who is going to finish where, Silly me i forgot that bit! Or Maybe that last bit is not REAL??? Im not to sure anymore maybe you could enlighten us with what is real and what is not!

Gasman#99
21st March 2009, 21:21
you are such a DICK
Now now, no need for that language is there, just wondered why the whole of the car park is covered thats all, and putting a little bit of light banter in to it, so no need for the "DICK" or may be your not getting any.

Speedworx
22nd March 2009, 11:42
Its a way to make money during the winter. Storage is a great way to make money at the moment.

The BTCC media day was good. Looking forward to the races in Sept.

Gasman#99
22nd March 2009, 12:50
Its a way to make money during the winter. Storage is a great way to make money at the moment.

The BTCC media day was good. Looking forward to the races in Sept.
i was impressed with the focus, it was the only car that didnt sound like a bag of bolts going along pit lane, and the chevrolet team with a young lady as chief mechanic, there should be more of them. i look forward to september.

Tractorboy.
22nd March 2009, 18:42
you are such a DICK

Is it the time of the month?? your the dick he was only having a laugh.

I agree with you Mark the pick ups are good racing but if they was that great why aint there more than ten paying fans in the stands at each race.

Mark Flounders
23rd March 2009, 18:50
Is it the time of the month?? your the dick he was only having a laugh.

I agree with you Mark the pick ups are good racing but if they was that great why aint there more than ten paying fans in the stands at each race.

Because I only work in construction and web design so i can only afford to pay ten friends to come lol, Your right tractor boy they are good and i personally beleive they are great maybe my opinion is biased for obvious reasons, but obviously like a lot of you i have been privileged to see a lot of different formula race over the years and can say there is only a couple i would pay to see over the Pickup's, i just think unless it's mainstream ie TOCA, GT and so on they dont attract massive crowds, But that's just my opinion. As for Pickups at rockingham i dont think they will ever draw big crowds, Circuits Yes but Rockingham i think not, Wish it wasnt that way though.

racing59
23rd March 2009, 21:05
Thats why ASCAR and the pickups went together well. The V8's drew the crowd (all 3-500 of them on average in 2007), and the Pickups (a) put on a good show, and (b) offered a ladder of ascension to the V8 series. However, other people had other ideas, now one series is effectively dead, and the other will die without the support it needs especially in the current financial climate (which means crowds, impressive facility & day out for the sponsors at Rockingham).

Rob.

Mark Flounders
23rd March 2009, 21:12
Thats why ASCAR and the pickups went together well. The V8's drew the crowd (all 3-500 of them on average in 2007), and the Pickups (a) put on a good show, and (b) offered a ladder of ascension to the V8 series. However, other people had other ideas, now one series is effectively dead, and the other will die without the support it needs especially in the current financial climate (which means crowds, impressive facility & day out for the sponsors at Rockingham).

Rob.

Yeah i understand what you are saying Rob and to an extent i agree, I am hoping with races at Silverstone, Donington, Oulton and other circuits that this is a great year for pickups where we do not do the majority of our races on an oval and there is just as much emphasis on the circuits like it used to be like, but only time will tell............