PDA

View Full Version : My Danica Patrick Collection

DanicaFan
19th March 2009, 21:58
I searched for my earlier post on my Danica collection but could not locate it. So Im starting a new one. Ken was wanting to see some pictures of it. I have gotten even more stuff since these pictures. I will have to post them up when I take pics of them.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0565-1.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0566-1.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0567-1.jpg

DanicaFan
19th March 2009, 21:59
A few more...

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0569-1.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0570-1.jpg

DanicaFan
19th March 2009, 22:05
And some of my garage. I have a Got Milk banner of Danica now but I dont have a picture of it yet and I moved some things around since.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0540.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0541.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0542.jpg

DanicaFan
19th March 2009, 22:06
And a few more..

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0543.jpg

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0544.jpg

DanicaFan
19th March 2009, 22:31
Here is a folding bicycle I had a friend of mine do a custom paint job in Danica's car colors for me. Pretty cool.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/DanicaRules/IMG_0274.jpg

DanicaFan
19th March 2009, 22:35
I will have to get more pictures up of my new stuff. Some stuff I dont have pictures of are other various pictures of her, O'Reilly's Auto counter mat, Rolex 24 at Daytona card, remote control Danica car, and the slot-car I was telling you about. I have a Danica Fans Parking Only sign in my garage too.

My prize possessions are obviously the pictures of me and her together, the piece of her car that she signed for me, 2 of her helmet visors(both signed).

That Motorola sign you see in my garage was an actual pit wall sign used by her and her team last year at the Texas Motor Speedway.

Im running out of room. :D

Jimmy Magnusson
19th March 2009, 22:52
"Insanity" is the first word that comes to mind...

The instant classic
20th March 2009, 01:00
thats awsome Danica fan :)
sure shows yr a true fan cuz im sure that stuff is hard to find

16&Gtown
20th March 2009, 01:29
I'm sure if you turned on a black light in there, they walls would be crawling with "little DanicaFans"

SportscarBruce
20th March 2009, 01:32
An old coot friend says he'll be impressed when you obtain his #1 desirable collectable;
a genuine, unlaundered post-race Danica Patrick nomex lower. :p

SarahFan
20th March 2009, 02:13
D.... that's some serios swag

MDS
20th March 2009, 02:30
Yeah, that's unhealthy

gloomyDAY
20th March 2009, 03:05
http://www.morasclass.com/images/lion_facepalm.jpg

DanicaFan
20th March 2009, 04:23
Yeah, it has taken quite awhile to obtain all of this stuff. It just keeps growing and growing. I have a Wheaties box with Danica on it and she has the other one that I had. I gave it to her at Chicagoland last year. She loved it.

Ive obtained some hard to find collectibles thats for sure. I have a couple of karting magazines from 1997 with her in them. I even have a signed fuel receipt of hers that used during her karting days. Ive got mousepads, playing cards, cups, mugs, coasters, etc with her on them. I probably have 10 baseball caps of hers as well as about 20-30 shirts. :D
She has actually seen my collection several times and she was impressed with it.
It may seem over the top to most people but I enjoy collecting her stuff and since I have gotten to know her over time, it makes it that much more personal. Plus I support her all the way and I love the IRL so its all good.

Ive also gotten to know a couple guys from her pit crew very well, especially her crew chief Dave. He showed me around the Andretti Green Headquarters last September, that was cool.

SportscarBruce
20th March 2009, 04:33
But, but, according to certain OW splinter groups from both sides of the (old) divide Danica and her boss are despicable, fan-unfriendly, almost evil people who woun't sign an autograph. You must be mistaken. ;)

DanicaFan
20th March 2009, 04:38
I cant say anything bad. She always takes the time to talk to me one on one away from the crowds. I have talked with Michael Andretti briefly. He is actually harder for me to catch than her..lol. But you have to remember, he has a whole team to run so he keeps busy.

Now Kim Green I have talked to several times in her garage and he is a super nice guy and takes the time to talk to me as well.

Mark in Oshawa
20th March 2009, 05:55
DanicaFan...I may razz you on occasion and I am not a big Danica fan, but I give you full marks for your hobby. Nothing wrong with collecting.

As for Danica's attitude. I think towards the fans she has always been pretty good. As much as I have dumped on her for her relations with teams and other drivers, I think that is different than how she has related to fans.

As for Mikey Andretti, once upon a time he was a pain-in-the-@ss to deal with and I know that from personal experience from people trying to get his autograph up here at the races in Toronto. I have come to the conclusion a lot of these guys/gals have good and bad days with the fans and press at the track and many of these experiences are personal. Me? I will never hear a bad word about AJ Foyt, I met and talked to him for 20 minutes one year at Toronto and he is a first class guy if you approach him at the right time. That I think is something many people forget...at the track they are working for most of that time, approach them at the wrong time and look out....

peasant
20th March 2009, 06:10
I'm feeling somewhat creeped out.

Ranger
20th March 2009, 10:44
Jesus **** I thought you were joking when you said you had a shrine!

ChicagocrewIRL
20th March 2009, 12:18
its called passion people ... I wish more IRL "fans" would get some. I'm starting my Milka Duno Shrine today. Pics will be forthcoming . (J/K !!!)

Rex Monaco
20th March 2009, 12:23
I'm pretty impressed by the variety of items you have acquired. That certainly hasn't been very easy or cheap.

bblocker68
20th March 2009, 14:54
I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this link.........

eloyf1
20th March 2009, 15:09
I hate Danica, but I have to say that your collection is completely amazing, congratulations... In fact I've showed it to some friends in a Spanish forum, because I'm incredibly shocked!!!

Great ;)

The instant classic
20th March 2009, 16:26
I cant say anything bad. She always takes the time to talk to me one on one away from the crowds. I have talked with Michael Andretti briefly. He is actually harder for me to catch than her..lol. But you have to remember, he has a whole team to run so he keeps busy.

Now Kim Green I have talked to several times in her garage and he is a super nice guy and takes the time to talk to me as well.
She must know you very well now, sounds like you have met her alot
next time show her yr photos, im sure she wolud love to see a die-hard fan
like you now

eloyf1
20th March 2009, 16:28
Sorry, I wrote "showed" instead of "shown"... LOL... ;)

Mark in Oshawa
20th March 2009, 17:00
The thing is. Everyone either admires DanicaFan or is put off by it but there are NASCAR fans by the thousand that have similar shrines to their favourite drivers. To each their own.

I can tell you that my buddy with the Dale Earnhardt fetish has a simliar shrine of collectables and some of it is just plain tacky. No one however seems to be bothered by this in NASCAR land. It is an individual thing...I choose to root for my drivers with a few small tokens and that's it.

20th March 2009, 17:48
Reminds me of the episode of "I'm Alan Partridge" when he meets his 'biggest fan'.

Please don't tell me you've got a tatoo of Danica's face on your stomach too?

DanicaFan
20th March 2009, 18:00
She must know you very well now, sounds like you have met her alot
next time show her yr photos, im sure she wolud love to see a die-hard fan
like you now
She has seen photos of it a few times. I give her update photos when I see her since it changes so much. She loved the bike, she thought it was pretty cool and she was very impressed and flattered with my collection.

Oh and eloyf1, thanks for the kind words.

Sonic
20th March 2009, 19:47
Ummm bit scared now *backs slowly out of the room*

SportscarBruce
20th March 2009, 19:53
Please don't tell me you've got a tatoo of Danica's face on your stomach too?

No fan really enters the upper realm without the famous backhair shave.

http://www.super-rookie.com/main/uploaded_images/nascar/backhair3.jpg

The instant classic
20th March 2009, 20:28
No fan really enters the upper realm without the famous backhair shave.

http://www.super-rookie.com/main/uploaded_images/nascar/backhair3.jpg
damn sexy stuff i bet he gets ALL the girls lucky hariy dude :hmph:

The instant classic
20th March 2009, 20:32
She has seen photos of it a few times. I give her update photos when I see her since it changes so much. She loved the bike, she thought it was pretty cool and she was very impressed and flattered with my collection.

Oh and eloyf1, thanks for the kind words. shes not the only one thats impressed with that collection i find it so awsome! i know how hard it is to find IRL merchandise, i sholud take alook on ebay and see whats going on

MDS
20th March 2009, 23:13
I'm just guessing here, but you're single?

shazbot
20th March 2009, 23:42
I'm just guessing here, but you're single?

And 10 years old I hope.....

Easy Drifter
21st March 2009, 00:41
I think Chad is more like 15 with raging hormones.

beachbum
21st March 2009, 00:47
I'm feeling somewhat creeped out."Somewhat"? I am not a psychologist, but that certainly appears to be beyond obsession and moving toward borderline pathological. That is a truly frightening fantasy world, regardless of the celebrity involved.

SportscarBruce
21st March 2009, 01:23
Well look at it this way, there are worse things to be pathologically obsessed about. Like collecting up and hording taxpayer dollars, for one.

Should I post up a pic of 250 VCR tapes? ;)

SarahFan
21st March 2009, 02:39
Well look at it this way, there are worse things to be pathologically obsessed about. Like collecting up and hording taxpayer dollars, for one.

Should I post up a pic of 250 VCR tapes? ;)

how about that IMSA shrine you promised

SarahFan
21st March 2009, 02:50
heres the thing... while I never understood the need to collect things of 'celebrities' or get an autograph....

i do understand that Danicafan's facination isn't rational.... it's emotional

and emotions are simply something we can't debate or criticize or sometimes even understand...

heck I just flew to New York just to see my favorite band.... and if I told you who most of you would probably be in shock, although some of you might be a bit jelous (BTW show rocked, I got home and promptly bought tickets to see them again in Vegas).....

but with that said......while I hope D continually adds to his collection..... too his hearts content..... it would be nice if he took a bit more rational approach to his expectations of her 2009 campaign...... it's one thing to have a favorite driver, it's something else entirely to believe she is going to dominate the 2009 IRL season, includeing a I500 win and a run away championship

so heres to you D!..... just another AOWR fan..... a little twisted and different, but aren't we all............wish there were more of us

Jag_Warrior
21st March 2009, 04:12
How does that Sheryl Crow song go? "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad."

DanicaFan, without taking a shot at Danica, I can say that I do admire your passion as a fan. I bet if some desperate for cash F1 team put her in a seat and she came in dead last in every race, you'd still be just as devoted a fan at the end of that season as you are now, eh? So yeah, I have to give you props for that.

Rex Monaco
21st March 2009, 04:13
heck I just flew to New York just to see my favorite band....

I flew to London in 2007 to see Led Zeppelin!

I have several driver autographed prints.

My favorite is a #25 of 50 print of the 25th Anniversary (which is why I bought #25 instead of a lower number) LBGP program artwork signed by Mario Andretti, Al Unser Jr, Brian Redman and Alex Zanardi. The last two autographs I had to aquire myself after I bought the print.

I also have #1 of 250 signed Micheal Savage print of Alex Zanardi making donuts. I got lucky, as I bought this from the Ganassi truck at the CA Speedway and she pulled #1 randomly and asked me if that number was ok. Uh, yeah!

And for those who hate NASCAR, I bought a print at the inaugural NASCAR race at the CA Speedway and got Jeff Gordon to sign it that day after he won the race.

call_me_andrew
21st March 2009, 04:18
I'm sure Danica would be very creeped out if she saw that.

Jag_Warrior
21st March 2009, 04:32
I'm sure Danica would be very creeped out if she saw that.

Maybe not. Remember, this is The Danica (a legend in her own mind) that we're talking about. ;)

DBell
21st March 2009, 05:31
How does that Sheryl Crow song go? "If it makes you happy, it can't be that bad."

DanicaFan, without taking a shot at Danica, I can say that I do admire your passion as a fan. I bet if some desperate for cash F1 team put her in a seat and she came in dead last in every race, you'd still be just as devoted a fan at the end of that season as you are now, eh? So yeah, I have to give you props for that.

I can go along with what Jag said. But you forgot to post a pic of your inflatable Danica. You can't tell me you don't have one.

SarahFan
21st March 2009, 10:42

very nice!

was it a rational or emotional experience?

BTW... where exactly you at in So Cal Rex?.... I grew up there

beachbum
21st March 2009, 10:51

I have several driver autographed prints.

My favorite is a #25 of 50 print of the 25th Anniversary (which is why I bought #25 instead of a lower number) LBGP program artwork signed by Mario Andretti, Al Unser Jr, Brian Redman and Alex Zanardi. The last two autographs I had to aquire myself after I bought the print.

I also have #1 of 250 signed Micheal Savage print of Alex Zanardi making donuts. I got lucky, as I bought this from the Ganassi truck at the CA Speedway and she pulled #1 randomly and asked me if that number was ok. Uh, yeah!

And for those who hate NASCAR, I bought a print at the inaugural NASCAR race at the CA Speedway and got Jeff Gordon to sign it that day after he won the race.Nothing wrong with any of that, particularly the Led Zeppelin trip! But I don't think you are claiming to be a personal friend of Robert Plant either. There is a fine line between being a fan of a sport and its participants and being obsessed with a person and having fantasies about them.

colinspooky
21st March 2009, 14:55
very nice - got any stuff on any of the drivers? :rolleyes:

jwhite9185
21st March 2009, 14:56
I have various Mark Blundell/PacWest bits and pieces including a rece suit and a couple of visors... nowhere near as much as that though!!

Rex Monaco
21st March 2009, 15:10
very nice!

was it a rational or emotional experience?

All emotional.

BTW... where exactly you at in So Cal Rex?.... I grew up there

I live at 6329 South...oh wait that's too much information!

In LA county on the OC county line, along the 605 corridor south of the 91. Otherwise known as Cerritos. But I grew up in Long Beach.

SarahFan
21st March 2009, 15:44
All emotional.

I live at 6329 South...oh wait that's too much information!

In LA county on the OC county line, along the 605 corridor south of the 91. Otherwise known as Cerritos. But I grew up in Long Beach.

right-on..

I grew up a bit further inland in Diamond Bar... although a lived in Long beach for a brief stretch... and also worked at a restaurant at the cerritos mall...

and Zep in London would have been alot of fun.... I'm a bit envios

SportscarBruce
21st March 2009, 19:39
how about that IMSA shrine you promised

In due time, a revamping of the racing wall is in order.

It isn't really a shrine, but rather a gallery of posters and artwork prints representing sports cars, open wheel, and F1, with a few collectables such as a gearset from the Benetton B 195 .

DanicaFan
21st March 2009, 22:27

You are right Jag, I would support her no matter what.

And Ken, your comments above his post were good too, thanks.

TURN3
22nd March 2009, 02:49
Am I the only person that thinks this is sort of like watching the kids get off the short bus across the street? We all make fun of the short bus but in front of it's occupants, we encourage and support the less...uh fortunate.

Jag_Warrior
22nd March 2009, 19:21
Am I the only person that thinks this is sort of like watching the kids get off the short bus across the street? We all make fun of the short bus but in front of it's occupants, we encourage and support the less...uh fortunate.

I don't think we're being two-faced at all. Because I don't think any of us has changed our minds about Danica... I know I haven't. But maybe some of us better understand where DanicaFan is coming from.

Because he is a fan(atic), in his mind, she could go to F1 or NASCAR and win. But even if she didn't, as he said, he'd still be a fan.

SportscarBruce
23rd March 2009, 13:20
I don't think we're being two-faced at all. Because I don't think any of us has changed our minds about Danica... I know I haven't. But maybe some of us better understand where DanicaFan is coming from.

Because he is a fan(atic), in his mind, she could go to F1 or NASCAR and win. But even if she didn't, as he said, he'd still be a fan.

Heck, I wouldn't even begin to entertain the notion Danica could walk right in to NASCAR or F1 and win. But then I ask 'who among the F1 and NASCAR elite possesses the guts and quick learning abiity to race IndyCar at Indy or Texas and immediately threaten for poles or wins? Last year more than one Champ Car hot shoe had a tremble in his voice after lapping at Homestead and TMS. Scott Dixon put it best during an interview at TMS in 2007, it is NOT as easy as it looks. I've heard Danica Patrick furious, disappointed, confident, nonchalant, and even analytical, but never ever has DP been intimidated or spooked after racing wheel to wheel and wheel to wall at 225 mph. Plus as a rookie she took pole positions and challenged for the lead in front of her Indy 500 champion teammate. Nope, she's not easy to like. Danica isn't the most gifted driver of our time either. But her determination, guts, and sheer ability to race on the limit earned my respect and made her fun to watch. Plus, she has improved in the car physics and setup department since her first year. During last year's pole day at Indy Tony Kannan & his engineer were lost in the search for balance and speed. TK practiced with Danica's setup then raced solidly into the starting field. This after Danica conserved fuel and tires and turned that into her first win over at Montegi. That too earned my respect. If anyone with a basic understanding of racing can't at least appreciate what Danica has achieved in a highly dangerous and strenuous sport populated by men I'll suggest he put down the sexist/IRL/TG blinders and take another look. So she gets more publicity. So what? Danica has brought publicity to the sport a thousandfold over that. Oh well, maybe that's the root of the problem? The series and what she's done for it? For instance, on his show back in 2003-2004 Despain used to lean over with a twinkle his eyes at young Danica while tossing out softball questions on her life, future career path, and NASCAR. Well she closed the door on that possibly and things sure changed.

Me thinks behavior, unfair sexism, and narrowly focused selfish attitudes aren't so much issues for Danica Patrick as they are for her tormented critics. Or at least a few of them.

But who cares about all that? Race weekend 1 of 2009 is almost here! :)

If I won the biggest lottery in 2009 I'll be really tempted to offer up a $5,000,000.00 one race contract to either Dale Jr, Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, Michael Schumacher, or Lewis Hamilton to strap into a Dallara at Texas. Comeon, it's easy. ;)

Gluaistean
23rd March 2009, 14:17
its called passion people ... I wish more IRL "fans" would get some. I'm starting my Milka Duno Shrine today. Pics will be forthcoming . (J/K !!!)

Nah, it's lust! Kiddin

SportscarBruce
23rd March 2009, 15:18
Nah, it's lust! Kiddin

Bingo!

Go Daddy, GO GO DADDY! ;) .

EagleEye
23rd March 2009, 20:03
I searched for my earlier post on my Danica collection but could not locate it. So Im starting a new one. Ken was wanting to see some pictures of it. I have gotten even more stuff since these pictures. I will have to post them up when I take pics of them.

If we can use your DNA and adding a bit of DNA from each open wheel driver, we might be able to create a super human race of super OW fans. TV ratings and merchandise would go through the roof.

I bow to your loyalty.

Lemmy-Boy
23rd March 2009, 21:23
Interesting collection. Are you a Star Wars fan too? ;-)

Jag_Warrior
24th March 2009, 01:12
If I won the biggest lottery in 2009 I'll be really tempted to offer up a $5,000,000.00 one race contract to either Dale Jr, Kurt Busch, Carl Edwards, Michael Schumacher, or Lewis Hamilton to strap into a Dallara at Texas. Comeon, it's easy. ;)

Nah, most of those guys are calculating future earnings (vs. risk) while they eat their Cheerios, and/or they wouldn't get out of bed for $5 million (Schumacher).

We need some crazy people... :idea: How about Kyle Busch or Kimi Raikkonen? Just catch Rowdy before he takes his Ritalin or Kimi before he takes his first drink of the day. It might take Busch a little while to come to terms with the car. But I doubt that Raikkonen would blink. The boy's not wired right to begin with. He might kill himself, but he's got a pair that would make John Holmes blush.

It's not that I think that Danica is the worst driver in the world - she's not. IMO, she's a middling IRL driver who has capitalized on that which makes her unique. And whether she wins another race before she hangs it up or not, I admit that she has well played her cards in this regard. I just don't care for her. Prost won 4 WDC's and Schumacher won 7. I didn't care for either of them either. But I did respect both of them for their abilities. There may come a day when I respect Danica (for her on-track abilities) as much as I do DanicaFan (for his "fandom").

SoCalPVguy
24th March 2009, 03:45

Dude !! This is just plain ol' "stalker creepy". Don't you have a family, wife, or other life ???

I see displays like this on shows like Law&Order or Criminal Minds in the rooms of serial killers ...

Mark in Oshawa
24th March 2009, 05:15
SoCal....so far he is mainly harmless....

Easy Drifter
24th March 2009, 06:14
Chad's obsession has bothered me for some time but as it does not seem to bother Danica or AGR far be it from us to be too critical.
That said it does seem a little over the top.

SoCalPVguy
25th March 2009, 02:13
SoCal....so far he is mainly harmless....

Well... if he gets a matching "tramp stamp" tattoo, I'm calling authorities !!! *LOL*

25th March 2009, 17:52

Trying telling that to Josef Fritzl's daughter.

garyshell
25th March 2009, 19:55

Trying telling that to Josef Fritzl's daughter.

Ok, Tam, now you are being just a tad bit obtuse. But, I'll bite. Who is Josef Fritzl? ...scurring off to hit google...

Ooooo. THAT Josef Fritzl: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Josef+Fritzl&rlz=

Gary

gloomyDAY
25th March 2009, 21:45
If you have trouble getting women, then you should read The Bible (http://www.amazon.com/Game-Penetrating-Secret-Society-Artists/dp/0060554738/ref=pd_bbs_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238017913&sr=8-3).

El Sween
26th March 2009, 21:02
Good for you DanicaFan

Gluaistean
27th March 2009, 13:20
Like many of you I am not a big Damica fan. She has used her celebrity in Every way possible to bring attention to herself. Pouting, slapping the steering wheel of the car, going after other drivers IE Wheldon and Milka and much more.Heck the more on screen time the better for her and her sponsors.

In the short time you have in sport and a particularly dangerous one like IndyCar I must say I have respect for her to have the cajones to take part in the series.

As for the "shrine" I am a little torn. When I was 14 or fifteen I had photo's of football players plastered to my wall. I was not in awe of them just an admirer and I liked to view them. I now see these new images you can put on the wall but they do not stick. They are very life like.

I don't believe that Danicafan is a stalker. I don't like the constant reference to that mental instability. He happens to like her as a driver and maybe thinks she's sexy to boot. Hell, I can't abide Jessica Simpson but I think she is hot and don't mind looking at her photo's.

Jag, that song you mentioned by Sheryl Crow (sic) is spot on. I love her music and lyrics too.

To finish, Danicafan, if you keep this as I imagine you do as collectors piece of your favorite driver, then that is good and shows enthusiasm.

RJL25
27th March 2009, 14:42
I don't see how this is all that bad, people collect memorabilia of their idols all the time.

How many times have we seen people who have collected things about their favorite musician? sporting team? athelete? Happens all the time

Here in Australia there are plenty of blokes who have huge collections of stuff about the late great Peter Brock, some of the more affluent ones have even bought up collections of some of his old race cars!

I'm sure there are plenty of hard core Nascar fans in the US who have similar collections relating to Dale Earnhart, infact I am positive of this and if someone posted about it people would say things like "Love your dedication man, great collection, bet that's worth a bit, etc etc"

No one blinks twice about this, why? Becuase he is a man, and they are men... no one accuses them of being gay and having mental instability, but as soon as a man is collecting something to do with a women all of a sudden it must be some kind of sexual fantasy and they are a mentally unstable stalker?

Seriously some of you need to grow the #$^@ up!

TURN3
27th March 2009, 22:38
Seriously some of you need to grow the #$^@ up!

Starting with the grown man that not only has a frickin' shrine that would rival Osama bin Laden's memory of Allah, but he follows her around even when their at their shops! If you follow his threads, there is much more to it than just a shrine.

We're not talking about a 14 year old boy here, he's a grown man. To say it isn't mental instability and bordering on the stalker concept is a stretch. Ask Shawn Johnson if she and her family thinks this stuff is freaky! Do you watch the news? I don't think you have enough information to say it is normal so everybody grow up. How this man behaves is not normal...acceptable to some, maybe...but not normal and unacceptable to most.

Lousada
27th March 2009, 22:57
Starting with the grown man that not only has a frickin' shrine that would rival Osama bin Laden's memory of Allah, but he follows her around even when their at their shops! If you follow his threads, there is much more to it than just a shrine.

We're not talking about a 14 year old boy here, he's a grown man. To say it isn't mental instability and bordering on the stalker concept is a stretch. Ask Shawn Johnson if she and her family thinks this stuff is freaky! Do you watch the news? I don't think you have enough information to say it is normal so everybody grow up. How this man behaves is not normal...acceptable to some, maybe...but not normal and unacceptable to most.

You are way out of line here :down: There is nothing here on this forum that implicates he has a mental problem or that he is a stalker. Danicafan is only showing his collection of stuff. Your imagination is the only one who sees Osama Bin Laden in here.

You know, the devotion he is portraying here is not at all uncommon with grownups. Just try to look up how football (soccer for you) fans all over the world live, eat, sleep and breathe with their favourite team. Danicafan has the same kind of obsession except it's not focussed on a team but an individual athlete.
I would not call his hobby any worse than someone who collects stamps or something. It's the same thing except the time, effort and money spend on stamps is not so visible.

harvick#1
27th March 2009, 23:24
who doesn't have a collection, I have a good sized Harvick collection, (all bit its only diecast models, no posters) but I got alot of Audi R8/R10's, build F1/lemans/WRC models of my favorites guys and cars, all my bookcases have all this stuff but books, does that make me strange???

let the guy do what he wants, give it up

TURN3
27th March 2009, 23:42
You are way out of line here :down: There is nothing here on this forum that implicates he has a mental problem or that he is a stalker. Danicafan is only showing his collection of stuff. Your imagination is the only one who sees Osama Bin Laden in here.

I respectfully disagree that anything is "out of line".

My reference to mental instability was in response to RJL25's comments of mental instability. I was not in this case referring to a collection of this type in and of itself meaning such. All I'm saying is look at the body of work. His actions and comments, in my opinion, show he is beyond anything to be considered normal. That doesn't mean it is a problem for a fact but, I have the right to my own opinion.

My opinion is based on EVERYTHING I've read about him and from him...the total body of work...with or without a collection. For those of you who just pull up this thread and say, oh that's a nice collection...fine I see where many fans of different sports have collectibles. But I'm talking about much much more than just a collection of things shown in this thread. Let's assume for an instant that Danica wanted to press stalking charges against this guy. She'd have enough evidence hands down just from this forum alone. I'm not saying that to be crude, I honestly believe that.

TURN3
28th March 2009, 00:43
"the total body of work"
Are you seriously talking about the posts in one racing forum, any or all threads?You have to be kidding.You don't know this person nor does anyone else here. DanicaFan has been pretty even tempered about the whole thing given the substantial amount of ribbing (and worse) he's taken from others. Give it a rest. Should Danica herself feel uncomfortable or at risk, she has the option to call the cops anytime.

Why would I be kidding? Celebrities deal with this stuff from time to time...is it a joke then? After the fact?

I'm not suggesting I know DanicaFan nor am I suggesting that he's an unstable person capable of acting out some physcolgical infatuation. What I am saying is that much of how he behaves on this forum is often found in the traits of people that do. Now maybe he is just hamming it up to get all the attention and if so...ha ha the joke is on all of us whom find his over the top support for Danica to be too much.

I never intended for my contents to be so spiteful. I'm afraid in typing out my strong feelings I've come across a little more harsh to some than my actual intent. If Danica felt threatened by any of her fans, I'm sure she would call the authorities so that certainly isn't the case (and I'm sure she has the number judging by her citations!! ha).

DanicaFan
28th March 2009, 01:51
I appreciate the kind words about my collection to those who gave them and understand, its a collection or hobby, whatever you want to call it.

I love IndyCar and I really like Danica. so yes, I am biased to her. I enjoy collecting her stuff. I know she is a beautiful woman but I respect her as a driver and a person. I have gotten to know her over time by going to races and she has always went out of her way to talk to me one on one away from crowds, sign items from my collection, and let me get a picture with her. She has seen my collection numerous times and is very impressed and flattered if you needed to know that. ;) To me, that is a class act.

Her family, especially her dad is always so nice and helpful to me when I see him. He shows me around and is very informative on racing and her career. Her pit crew are also very accomodating to me. They let me hang out in the garage, ask questions, take pictures and I am always respectful to keep out of their way when they are busy and let them work. They have a job to do and thats win races.

I am also a police officer and they all know it so Im an honest, decent guy who loves racing and supporting a team and driver. I love the IRL, the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and I support them both as much as I can. I even have a special commemorative IMS license plate on my car. I dont see anything wrong with that. Yes, I have a lot of stuff, I wont deny it but it didnt happen overnight. It has taken a few years and money to acquire what I have and Im proud of what I have collected.

One of my best friends is a huge Dale Earnhardt Jr fan and his collection makes mine look tiny. He has probably 3-4 times the stuff of Dale than I do of Danica and he is also a police officer and just loves NASCAR. He is perfectly stable too.

If I would of known this thread would of induced so many negative remarks about me, I would not have reposted this. Im not unstable. I am a perfectly normal man.

I think maybe this thread should be closed due to all the derogatory remarks.

I just wanted to get this cleared up.