PDA

View Full Version : Ruddbank

Rollo
19th March 2009, 02:32
One of the things before the Australian Senate at the moment is the setting up of a $30bn fund to cover the funding shortfall for building projects left behind by the major banks.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/coalition-opposes-30b-property-fund-20090317-910q.html

But the most obvious way in which normal people are going to see the effects of Kevin 07 Rudd trying to stop the economy is by giving away $900 to individuals in the hope that they'll spend it, thus circulating money around the place (if it isn't challenged in the High Court by an unsporting bozo http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/general/high-court-challenge-jeopardises-900-bonus/1463527.aspx)

How do you intend to spend your Ruddbank cash? Personally I intend to go motor racing with it :D
http://www.geocities.com/rollo75/ruddsierra.jpg

millencolin
19th March 2009, 08:24
I plan on rejuvinating the mighty australian economy by using my KRudd money on... A Trip To Japan!!!

Hey... the flight is with JetStar, thats an aussie company so it aint all evil.

Camelopard
19th March 2009, 08:39
I also want my rudmoney to buy an airfare to go overseas......... probably with qantas, but not necessarily!

millencolin
19th March 2009, 12:13
Did you see that there is an Aussie company releasing flatscreen tv's that cost $900 in time for KRudds money? Thats a fantastic idea

AJP
19th March 2009, 23:44
Did you see that there is an Aussie company releasing flatscreen tv's that cost $900 in time for KRudds money? Thats a fantastic idea

Any more info...??

Cheers

millencolin
20th March 2009, 07:11
http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/139019,rudd-stimulus-inspires-the-kevin37-a-tv-priced-at-900.aspx

Ranger
20th March 2009, 12:08
Marketing genius, right there.

AJP
20th March 2009, 22:20
Marketing genius, right there.

Don't you mean scam?? ;)

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2009, 08:19
Let me get this straight. The PM of OZ is going to give everyone a check for 900 bucks? Man if it works, Obama could give everyone about 9000 bucks. It would still be cheaper than what he is proposing.....

Lets face it, the best way to put money into the economy is to never take it in the first place and spend only what Government should spend. This....well it will help someone go racing and apparently send a few Aussies to Japan....

I bet the Japanese are just waiting with baited breath Millen and the rest of that plane full of diggers to show up. They will have the Sapporo on ice I am sure.....

millencolin
21st March 2009, 08:55
Let me get this straight. The PM of OZ is going to give everyone a check for 900 bucks? Man if it works, Obama could give everyone about 9000 bucks. It would still be cheaper than what he is proposing.....

Basically yeah... there are a few conditions in regards to getting the free cash, but most people will get at least $900 to rejuvinate the economy. Some people will get more, depending if they have kids or are a uni student, some luckying families could easily rack up a couple of $K from KRudd.

I bet the Japanese are just waiting with baited breath Millen and the rest of that plane full of diggers to show up. They will have the Sapporo on ice I am sure.....

Lets just say that the backpackers hostels, bars, nightclubs, karaoke bars, restaurants, etc in tokyo wont know what hit them :p :

Mark in Oshawa
21st March 2009, 19:36
Basically yeah... there are a few conditions in regards to getting the free cash, but most people will get at least $900 to rejuvinate the economy. Some people will get more, depending if they have kids or are a uni student, some luckying families could easily rack up a couple of $K from KRudd.

As great as it is for you guys, I have always been skeptical of the ethics and efficacy of giving money to people to spend to "invigorate" the economy. Wouldn't it make more sense to not tax everyone that 900 bucks EVERY year? Actually, when you calculate the actual cost of administrating it all and collecting all and having buildings in Canberra full of bean counters figuring it all out, that 900 bucks probably cost 2000!