PDA

View Full Version : Bank Error in your favour.........

Valve Bounce
18th March 2009, 00:05
............collect $200. Remember that in Monopoly? Well, what if you went up to one of those ATM's (not from your bank), and you get the wrong amount of money? what do you do?

Say: if you went to withdraw $60, and you get two twenties and a hundred.

Alexamateo
18th March 2009, 00:15
I say Valve's buying! :p : :beer: :laugh:

Mark
18th March 2009, 09:01
............collect $200. Remember that in Monopoly? Well, what if you went up to one of those ATM's (not from your bank), and you get the wrong amount of money? what do you do?

Say: if you went to withdraw $60, and you get two twenties and a hundred.

Personally I'd say nothing.. But, be prepared for them to take the money back. It is not legally yours.

Valve Bounce
18th March 2009, 09:27
Personally I'd say nothing.. But, be prepared for them to take the money back. It is not legally yours.

Well, (not that this actually happened to me :( ), but how are they going to take the money back if the statement which was produced by their ATM clearly states that $60 was dispensed?

555-04Q2
18th March 2009, 09:38
Well, (not that this actually happened to me :( ), but how are they going to take the money back if the statement which was produced by their ATM clearly states that $60 was dispensed?

Your bonus then! Unless they can prove that you got two 20's and a 100, the money is yours.

Mark
18th March 2009, 11:07
Are Australian notes all the same size? It certainly wouldn't happen with UK ATM's as all the notes are different sizes.

Brown, Jon Brow
18th March 2009, 11:13
Are Australian notes all the same size? It certainly wouldn't happen with UK ATM's as all the notes are different sizes.

:(

Valve Bounce
18th March 2009, 11:39

Sorry! I forgot to mention that this may have been possible in a country where the notes are all the same size and look the same. If in doubt, ask fousto!

Alexamateo
18th March 2009, 14:21
Well, what has happened is this, a currency sorter put a hundred in with the twenties (an incredibly rare occurance) they were then banded and distributed to the cash machines. As far as the bank is concerned, the $100 has already come up missing. The cash machine distributed 3 bills out of the $20 slot for $60. I would say you have a lost $100 that has already been recorded as a loss, so by happy accident it's yours.

Wade91
18th March 2009, 14:39
the banks loss is you're gain ;)

Firstgear
18th March 2009, 15:07
I would say you have a lost $100...

I think I may have lost a $100 a while back. Let me know what the serial number on the bill is , and I'll let you know that it's mine. :p

Then all you need to do is mail it back to me so that you can sleep well again.

ChrisS
18th March 2009, 16:16

Sure it could and in fact it did, all it takes is someone loading the £10 cash cassette with £20

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/tyne/3667279.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/manchester/7833145.stm

emporer_k
18th March 2009, 16:57
I'd try to get another $60 out and see if it happens again.