PDA

View Full Version : indy race on espn classic

maxmach
14th March 2009, 15:20
Hey, I have never seen any indy race on the classic, right now they are showing the indy race from twin ring motegi, probably Danica's win. Just turned it on, it's showing right now.

Mark in Oshawa
15th March 2009, 05:20
I wouldn't walk across the room to see Danica win again. I know there are fans of the lady and she has some talent, but I just don't like her. Didn't like her when I saw her in Toronto racing an Atlantic for Rahal and didn't see where the talent was to deserve the drive in the big series....That said, some of you are fans and all power to you. Enjoy.

Me...I watch a classic Indy race, give me Al Jr. nipping Scott Goodyear, Helio vs PT, Hornish and Marco, or Johncock and Mears. All classic Indy 500's...

Chamoo
15th March 2009, 06:04
I wouldn't walk across the room to see Danica win again. I know there are fans of the lady and she has some talent, but I just don't like her. Didn't like her when I saw her in Toronto racing an Atlantic for Rahal and didn't see where the talent was to deserve the drive in the big series....That said, some of you are fans and all power to you. Enjoy.

Me...I watch a classic Indy race, give me Al Jr. nipping Scott Goodyear, Helio vs PT, Hornish and Marco, or Johncock and Mears. All classic Indy 500's...

I never saw the race in the first place Mark. But I've seen her cross the finish line at Motegi a few thousand times in IRL/ICS coverage of other races. They really shoved that in our faces didn't they?

Does anyone remember seeing RHR cross the line first at the Glen outside of that broadcast more then ten times?

DavePI2
15th March 2009, 12:46
Does anyone know if the the message to helio to back off and let her pass was edited out of the replay? I taped the race live and it is clear as can be .

david

maxmach
15th March 2009, 13:32
Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I am not a fan of Danica's, I just have never seen "any" kind of indy replay that was't the I500 on any channel. That's all, and I'm kind of starved for some racing.

DavePI2
15th March 2009, 16:08
I happen to love Indycar myself and I wouldn't miss a race at midohio or indy, just wondering if the order too let her win was edited out of the replays for the public who didn't stay up late too watch it.

david

The instant classic
15th March 2009, 17:19
i never did see the twin ring motegi, with Danica's win. cuz i was watching other things at the time, i guess that doesnt speak well for me being an indycar fan :D

DavePI2
15th March 2009, 19:13
the next day I was watching a fine race at long beach until it was ruined in the last half hour.

jimispeed
15th March 2009, 20:26
I know exactly what you mean!!

The ultimate disrespect. I just turn the sound off during that whole thing.

It explains alot.

It's a huge black eye!

Mark in Oshawa
16th March 2009, 03:07
Does anyone know if the the message to helio to back off and let her pass was edited out of the replay? I taped the race live and it is clear as can be .

david

It was heard by enough people and what you are conveniently forgetting is the Penske boys thought Danica was a lap down when that order was given. They figured Danica was just getting her lap back and there was no point racing her hard. OOOPSS...

I just know we have seen lots of coverage of that win and it is historic in a sense but please, enough of Danica already. She has been packaged, exposed and pushed upon every racing fan to the point of nausea and winning that race didn't help the hype machine.

If she continues to find ways to win, then it may have some justification but ABC/ESPN has this annoying habit of trying to make stars out of people who probably have feet of clay. In this case I know for sure. I am shocked they haven't conned her into doing the Dancing with the Stars schtick. I was fed up with Danica years ago like I said. Now the bile is in my throat.....

DavePI2
17th March 2009, 00:53
thank you mark for clearing that up. I do appreciate it and I can use that when talking to IRL haters. I didn't know that was the case. Too darn tired trying to watch it that late I guess. Once again thanks.

SportscarBruce
17th March 2009, 01:10
They also ordered Danica to let Dan Wheldon and a few other drivers by some years back, and for the same reason. Fuel. She conserved fuel at Motegi.

Never let due credit get in the way of a Danica bashing through.

bblocker68
18th March 2009, 14:39
I cant believe I missed it. I did a search for IndyCar last week and nothing was listed on ESPN's. I que'd the VS programs, though :)

SarahFan
18th March 2009, 15:56
what you are conveniently forgetting is the Penske boys thought Danica was a lap down when that order was given. They figured Danica was just getting her lap back and there was no point racing her hard. OOOPSS...

think that over for a second....