PDA

View Full Version : WCC of 2009 ?

Tazio
12th March 2009, 09:55
Hypothetically, which team in your heart of hearts would you prefer to win the WCC. Mac or Brawn,(with apologies to Williams)
For the time being exclude the WDC, though worthy of comment.

I vote for RB's Team :)

And would love to see Button, Rubins, and Kovy take the fight to Lewis :)

555-04Q2
12th March 2009, 09:57
I'd go for Brawn. Respected him a lot at Ferrari and Benneton, respect him more now that he has taken over the old Honda team :up:

Donney
12th March 2009, 10:06
Brawn, then Williams and then McLaren

Dave B
12th March 2009, 10:19
Williams, McLaren, Brawn.

Tazio
12th March 2009, 10:24
Pino This thing is growing legs!
I humbly suggest you get with the program :p :

leopard
12th March 2009, 10:40
And would love to see Button, Rubins, and Kovy take the fight to Lewis :)

Team is satisfied with what Kovy has done last year :)

ChrisS
12th March 2009, 10:58
Williams will always be my favourite team and preferred choice to win

A small team winning over a manufacturer would be a huge thing for the championship for that reason I would choose Brawn over McLaren

Tazio
12th March 2009, 11:27
Team is satisfied with what Kovy has done last year :) Not really! They finished second in the WCC.
Plus 2009 could be a very different year. McLAREN PRIDES ITSELF ON GIVING FAIR PLAY TO THEIR DRIVERS.
I AM PREPARED FOR ALL HELL TO BREAK LOOSE THIS SEASON!!
Having said that unless Lewis falls on his face, you are right in the sense that
Kovy will undoubtedly have to ride "bitch" for "The Champ"

Valve Bounce
12th March 2009, 11:43
Red Bull :up:

Sonic
12th March 2009, 13:20
Williams.

Mark
12th March 2009, 14:21
Brawn would be good! Are they being supplied on an equal basis to McLaren. Could we see them do a Bennetton, where Renault decided to supply a second team, as well as Williams, and they then went onto win the championship in 1995 their first year with the engines.

jens
12th March 2009, 15:31
Toyota, of course. ;)

But more generally I'd cheer for anyone, who is capable of surprising. It's time to end the everlasting Ferrari vs McLaren duels. I have great respect for those two legendary teams, but they are there to finally get beaten one day. F1 needs something fresh and new. It's time for a change! :cool:

Also as in these forums we have endless bickerings between Ferrari and McLaren fans, it would be exciting to see someone else interrupting this and putting everything into a totally new light. :p :

Shifter
12th March 2009, 16:06
Heartwarming choice: Williams

Realistic hope: BMW

Knock-on
13th March 2009, 10:24
I've followed BGP form the first BAR days and we all love an underdog but am happy to see BGP, Williams and McLaren do well.

BGP and Mclaren especially as they have my 2 fave drivers.

ArrowsFA1
13th March 2009, 10:40
Williams for me. Always has been, always will be, ever since being at Silverstone and watching Clay take their first win 30yrs (:eek :) ago. Of course, I was in the Arrows pit then but... :dozey:

Still, as the choice is between McLaren & Brawn I'll be cheering on Brawn. It would be fantastic to see an "independent" team, especially one which as had the kind of winter Brawn have had, take on the manufacturer teams and beat them. Doing so with the Mercedes power that won the WDC last year would be amazing to see if it happens.

F1boat
13th March 2009, 11:50
Ferrari, Renault, Brawn GP in that order.

wedge
13th March 2009, 14:07
Sorry to say this but this thread is completely stupid. The best constructor shouldn't be down to who you're most fond of or down to pre-season testing.

It comes down to results and how those results were achieved.

Yes, there are different ways to interpret the best constructor but if you take example of 2005 season the best constructors are the ones who interpreted the rules best, as Renault did; came from no where and developed the car to race wins/challenge WDC, as McLaren did.

Tazio
13th March 2009, 16:29
:)

14th March 2009, 05:24
Sorry to say this but this thread is completely stupid. The best constructor shouldn't be down to who you're most fond of or down to pre-season testing.

Yes, there are different ways to interpret the best constructor but if you take example of 2005 season the best constructors are the ones who interpreted the rules best, as Renault did; came from no where and developed the car to race wins/challenge WDC, as McLaren did.

But..... this thread is about our "heart of heart's preference, isn't it? My heart is with Brawn.

Tazio
14th March 2009, 05:42

Yes, there are different ways to interpret the best constructor but if you take example of 2005 season the best constructors are the ones who interpreted the rules best, as Renault did; came from no where and developed the car to race wins/challenge WDC, as McLaren did.Wedge in the first post the question is who would you preferbetween Brawn Mac ,and williams (sort of), not who is the best. I was just curious where Brits sympathies lie. Don't tell me it's stupid. Like every other thread on this forum it wandered off topic! Irrelevant would be so much nicer!

Roamy
14th March 2009, 08:40
Go Brawn Go
Go Button Go Finally
Go Rubens Go help button

gloomyDAY
14th March 2009, 16:46
Go Brawn Go
Go Button Go Finally
Go Rubens Go beat BunsenEdit...

UltimateDanGTR
16th March 2009, 18:19
which team would i prefer? BMW. They deserve it. just 3 years into their team life, and they are challenging ferrari and mclaren on a consistent basis. They deserve it. Otherwise I would also like to see Mclaren win it this year, but I sincerly doubt thats possible. For Mclaren its 11 years of hurt...........

Tazio
16th March 2009, 18:28
For Mclaren its 11 years of hurt...........I'm starting to warm up to this guy :)

Sleeper
16th March 2009, 18:39
Its a tough choice for me between Brawn and Williams, both being propper race teams their just for the racing.

UltimateDanGTR
17th March 2009, 07:05
Its a tough choice for me between Brawn and Williams, both being propper race teams their just for the racing.

and both being british! (except for German and Japanese engines respecitvely)

Tazio, I take it your a Ferrari supporter :) let our rivalry commence :D

Tazio
17th March 2009, 13:10
and both being british! (except for German and Japanese engines respecitvely)

Tazio, I take it your a Ferrari supporter :) let our rivalry commence :D

Around these parts that means making a sig bet. :)
I'll take Ferrari! You take anyone else! What sayeth thee?

UltimateDanGTR
17th March 2009, 16:44
Sounds good to me! :D :D