PDA

View Full Version : Flav B*tching again!

Sonic
11th March 2009, 20:34
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73673

Tazio
11th March 2009, 21:36
He's just doing his job Bro!

wedge
12th March 2009, 00:31
Perhaps Flav should tell Bob Bell and Pat Symonds et al that they need reading glasses and not pussyfooting with the regs

leopard
12th March 2009, 04:54
Yeah, in order to win a fight you must know weakness of your enemy.

Dave B
12th March 2009, 08:05
Renault boss Flavio Briatore says he is frustrated that other teams are able to exploit grey areas in the regulations with their diffuser designs.

How about: Renault boss Flavio Briatore says he is frustrated that his team has been unable to exploit grey areas in the regulations with their diffuser designs.

That's more like it.

We had the same from him regarding the engine "freeze". Others exploited the letter (if not the spirit) of the rules, Renault lagged behind for the first half of 2008.

I much prefer the Frank Williams mindset: when one is performing poorly, address your own weaknesses rather than blaming those who are doing a better job.

SGWilko
12th March 2009, 09:20
when one is performing poorly, address your own weaknesses rather than blaming those who are doing a better job.

Ah, Miagi. WIse words glasshopper..... ;)

leopard
12th March 2009, 09:32
He might only put forward mitigating factor, looking for excuse that he plays the game within the coverage of the regulation while others keep exploiting the gray area, try to misinterpret it that may create condition no longer equal. :)

Tazio
12th March 2009, 09:35
We had the same from him regarding the engine "freeze". Others exploited the letter (if not the spirit) of the rules, Renault lagged behind for the first half of 2008.
It worked for him in that situation, so you can hardly blame him for trying.
And Judging from Freds comments about the performance level of the R29
today, I'm guessing Flav's a bit desperate.

I much prefer the Frank Williams mindset: when one is performing poorly, address your own weaknesses rather than blaming those who are doing a better job. I agree that is quite admirable. However it doesn't always "feed the Bulldog".

555-04Q2
12th March 2009, 09:56
I dont see his problem. Some teams have been smart about the new regs and pushed the boundaries, others, not so clever.

Tazio
12th March 2009, 10:02
I think he's banking on getting other principals to join the cause. Max did state that though he thought these features are within the regulations. A protest would get serious consideration!
And Then there is this!
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090311141534.shtml

leopard
12th March 2009, 10:48
His concern about the impressive Toyota TF109 is its rear diffuser, while in the Williams pits he wanted to discuss the 30cm-high cockpit fairing fins.

I have to agree, toyota, Timo Glock in particular is threatening.

Tazio
12th March 2009, 11:11
Perhaps old Flav is laying the foundations for an excuse later in the season? :confused: I think that whatever his excuses may be, Fred is not going to buy them.
In fact it may cause him to see red. Or should I be so bold as to suggest Brawn Racing White, if you catch my drift ;)
Wouldn't that be special? Ron or more appropriately Marty could say
"we were racing against Alonso", without fear of recrimination!
I think I read somewhere that Ross said he would have no issues with Fred driving for him!
Of course that was when he was with Honda :dozey:
Not likely, but it could happen.
Then he could have a row with Button for using his setup, and his fans coud save money
not needing to buy all that grease-paint :p :

Tazio
16th March 2009, 16:26
Don't look now boys but it apears that Flav is on to something :dozey:

http://www.crash.net/formula+one/news/144111/1/brawn_gp_joins_williams_toyota_in_f1_diffuser_row. htmlCologne-based publication Express has reported that the ex-Honda machine has taken Williams and Toyota's interpretation of the diffuser even further, to the extent that it 'does not conform to the regulations'

Like I said Flavs just doing his job. There is no doubt that the sfit will hit the fsn

Sleeper
16th March 2009, 17:02
^Can you redo the link, all I get is a page cannot be found message?

Knock-on
16th March 2009, 17:17
http://www.crash.net/Formula+One/News/144111/1/brawn_gp_joins_williams_toyota_in_f1_diffuser_row. html

Tazio
16th March 2009, 20:19
http://www.paddocktalk.com/news/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=104321&newlang=&topic=1&catid=1

I think I mentioned on a thread about a week ago
that all hell could break loose if they don't get all the new regs. sorted out
before the start of the season.

Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali on Saturday was quoted as dividing F1 teams into two camps:
those (including Ferrari) who applied the 2009 rules "to the letter" and those who took "a different approach".

"The FIA has to dissipate any doubt; let's hope they'll do it fast and clear," the Italian added.

Doesn't that sound familiar?

OK so now we have the Sicilian, and Gambino Mob, pitted against the Anglo-Mafia,
and Max head of the Continental-Mafia holding the keys to the Kingdom :eek:
In the immortal words of the Bard ( and I know all of you are familiar with this quote
if a product of the pathetic U.S. Educational System is): ;)

Though this be madness, yet there is method in't.

veeten
16th March 2009, 20:40
more like Flavio is looking for the possible excuse to tell Goshn so as not have Renault 'pull up stakes' and leave F1 like Honda did.

The possibility of another team 'going Brawn' might sprout if Renault has a bad 1st half is worth watching.

Tazio
16th March 2009, 22:02
more like Flavio is looking for the possible excuse to tell Goshn so as not have Renault 'pull up stakes' and leave F1 like Honda did.

The possibility of another team 'going Brawn' might sprout if Renault has a bad 1st half is worth watching.I would not discount that possibility.
My sig says that you-know-who allows another mulligan
due to the "ambiguity" of the rule if Brawn has stretched the envelope further!

And then there is McLaren who can't find their diffusers with both hands. :)
I'm no fan of Flav's in fact I don't care for his style at all. But some things in F1 never change.
And people wonder why Max is "disturbed" Next breaking news;
Video of Max practicing “Corporal Mortification"
:rotflmao:

Knock-on
17th March 2009, 09:21
And then there is McLaren who can't find their diffusers with both hands. :)

:laugh:

They might need both hands as it seems to be stuck in a place the Sun doesn't shine :D

Word is that they are working hard on a possible modification to be introduced prior to Aus.

Seems that getting the air to the diffuser in the first place is the problem I've heard.

Tazio
17th March 2009, 12:31
:laugh:

They might need both hands as it seems to be stuck in a place the Sun doesn't shine :D

Word is that they are working hard on a possible modification to be introduced prior to Aus.

Seems that getting the air to the diffuser in the first place is the problem I've heard.Yes I've been abreast of the developments it’s all in good fun! :p :
Ferrari, McLaren and possibly others will catch up at some point this season
IMO
Maybe?
Nothing from the bard on this one :p :

ioan
17th March 2009, 13:29
Let's see if I understand this.
When McLaren protested the Renault MDS and than the Ferrari plank it was to have the gray areas sorted out!

If Flavio complains than it's called "bitchin"!

Why am I not surprised about the double standards?!

UltimateDanGTR
17th March 2009, 17:09
cant flav stop B**ching and go watch his football team QPR? :rolleyes:

Tazio
17th March 2009, 19:33
cant flav stop B**ching and go watch his football team QPR? :rolleyes: wrong answer! deal with it Don't make Ioan, and I have to refer to you as a fan boy :)

UltimateDanGTR
17th March 2009, 20:21
You have to refer to me as a 'fan boy'. Well whatever you wish even if I dont understand why....

Tazio
17th March 2009, 21:42
Wrong answer!!
:rotflmao: